[FM2014] Full Club Names database

Back for the third year running - the Full Club Names database.

This replaces over 2,500 abbreviated club names with their full proper names. Full names will appear in league tables, fixtures, and the match scoreboard with this database.

Note: this is not a .lnc file that only fixes team headers, this is a full database that has undergone extensive club name editing. This is the only way to get full names to appear on more than just the team header screen - as the screenshots below show.

Full names appear on match scoreboards...

i6ef.jpg

Full names appear on league tables...

udxx.jpg

Full names appear on fixture lists...

xvd8.jpg

Also included;

• The proper Competition Names for nearly every major competition in the game.
  • Fixes for 100's of text colour clashes that cause some team names to be unreadable in the default SI database.

Example of text colour clashes:

Default SI database...

steua2.jpg

After the fix...

steua3.jpg

Hundreds of these colour clashes occur throughout the original database, I've fixed most of them for the top leagues throughout Europe & South America.

Download FM14 - Full Club Names v1.16 from here:

http://fm-fmo.weebly.com/fm14-database-downloads.html

Edit:

v.1.16 12th March 2014

Full Club Names and colour kit clashes edited for the following leagues are now complete...

• Top 2 divisions from all 54 European Nations.
  • Top 2 divisions from South America.
  • Top 2 divisions from USA, Mexico.
  • Top 2 divisions from China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, North Korea, Singapore, South Korea.
  • Top division from Australia, Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia, Zambia.
  • All National sides.

v1.16 will probably be my final update for FM14.

Brilliant Work.

Can you post the directory where this file needs to be placed?

It should go here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data

Then when you start a new career game, click on choose data files and tick Full Club Names.dbc from the list.

It should go here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data

Then when you start a new career game, click on choose data files and tick Full Club Names.dbc from the list.

Shouldn't Inter Milan be F.C. Internazionale Milano, or just Internazionale?

I think the default database just uses the word 'Inter' for that club. Inter Milan looks better imho, but you're right F.C. Internazionale Milano would be the correct usage. However I've gone for the more common English usage when deciding on naming convention as that's what I'm used to. It would have taken me far too long to check how each name is commonly presented by different nations, and I wanted to keep it generic across the board (i.e. use the typical English variant of club names).

How did you change portugal mate ?

Just like all other names in the database, you can input the names into the club name fields in the editor.

I think SI don't have the rights to use the proper clubs names for some teams, like FC Porto, who I think are abbreviated to FCP in the original database? But simply overwriting them using your editor works perfectly :)

• 2 years later...

Have you tried loading on of them before the other?

(Saving the editor files for example under: 0001 - Full Club Names and 0002 - England, or whatever names you like.)

This way, you force the game to load the Full Club names file before the England file. If that does not work, you can try it vice versa.

Archived