Manager contract renewals

Just a quick question regarding contract renewals when they are due to expire..

This is the first season i've enjoyed after almost finishing and i have 5 games to go..

My question to everyone is how long does it usually take for the board to come in with negotiations on a new contract?

As i said i have 5 games left,i am 8th in the league just 3 points from 5th and the Europa League,and i lost 1-0 in the Capital One cup final to Man Utd...after all this my board haven't come forward with any contract so i had to go to them....they replied with 'we don't think your performance warrants a new contract thus far' etc etc...REALLY??

I have achieved expectations and then some..

But anyway is anyone else in the same boat?

Is your contract coming to an end? If you have over a year left maybe they want to make sure you are not a fluke manager. Or maybe the season summary needs to come in(The game officially saying the season is over), The club rep will be set again for the coming season and the club will see this and offer you one.

Is your contract coming to an end? If you have over a year left maybe they want to make sure you are not a fluke manager. Or maybe the season summary needs to come in(The game officially saying the season is over), The club rep will be set again for the coming season and the club will see this and offer you one.

It's his first season, don't they always give you 12 months on the first contract?

It was my first season so my contract was coming to an end..

As i said above i had to go and request a contract,they turned me down at first but then they changed their mind once i said i was disappointed etc..i've now signed a new 3 year contract..

I just found it weird how they said i didn't deserve one but i met expectations,finished higher than expected and also made the capital one cup final...and even my season end summary they only said they were satisfied...really tough crowd.

Archived