Do I hire the ironic tutor?

I just started my first game on FM14 after retiring a really enjoyable save on FM13. Was trawling through the player search looking for tutors, and came across:

Daniele De Vezze

33yo

DM/M©

Model Professional/Evasive

Determination: 20

Available on a free. :eek:

Wow, what a find! I thought. The perfect tutor! And then I saw this:

Global Suspension until 1/16/2017

Wait, what? Is that even a thing? :confused:

Ventured to wikipedia to learn that he was involved in a match-fixing scandal in 2009 and handed a 3.5 year suspension...

Do I stay "In character," and not, in my first month as manager, bring in a player with such a checkered past to my new club? :herman:

Do I act as the gamer in me, and jump for the perfect tutor, who won't even complain about never getting match time? Possibly justifying it with "He really learned his lesson."?

Am I being trolled by SI, and he's actually a hidden "Anti-tutor," who will corrupt all my youngsters and get me the sack? :lol:

What do you think, forum nation? What would YOU do?

I'd sign him. He might be good to fix some matches in your favour to counteract SI fixing matches the other way LOLZ!

But seriously, I guess it's a decision only you can make. If you really want to stay in character, I wouldn't sign him, but I don't think you can be blamed for bringing him in, as he's clearly a fantastic tutor for youngsters. As long as he doesn't teach them how to cheat.

The odd thing is how a guy who got a 3.5 years ban for match-fixing can still be rated as Model Professional... Surely some of his mental attributes should have been revised accordingly to his situation?

Anyway sign him if you think the tutoring aspect can provide your side an advantage, and you can pretend he was innocent and just got framed

The odd thing is how a guy who got a 3.5 years ban for match-fixing can still be rated as Model Professional... Surely some of his mental attributes should have been revised accordingly to his situation?

Anyway sign him if you think the tutoring aspect can provide your side an advantage, and you can pretend he was innocent and just got framed

I think that's what I'll do. He'll be football's Shoeless Joe Jackson! (I'm a Yank)

Archived