U-18 Manager Not Playing Youngsters

Hi all,

So I got this problem where my U-18 Manager is not selecting my youngsters for the U-18 matches. The youngsters are 15 years old, I checked the tournament rules and they should be eligible but my U-18 Manager insists on using those players whose names have been blacked out, i.e. non-contracted players?

Am I missing something out? If so, what do I tweak!

does it mean u cant have players play for u18s and reserve?

pretty sure if a player's set as a U-18, you can also designate them as available for "reserve team - 45, 60 or 90 minutes".

One thing to note.

When you get new players via youth intake, they won't be automatically available.

Even if they are in the U18 team, they still need to be assigned available for U18 team.

Is this how it is intended to work?

I would assume that since they are in the U18 squad, they would be automatically available, but that is not the case.

Hmm, clear as mud.

I thought the rule was.

1: U19 team only use U19 players.

2: Reserve team use U19 and Reserve players. (Exception being Spain, B team doesn't have access to U19)

3: First Team use all 3.

And then you can make manually select that First Team players is available for reserve or U19.

Correct. This is possible.

Sorry to hijack this thread.. but in my game whenever I would mark a player in my under 18/19 for "also available for reserves".. it would uncheck/untick his availability for the 'under 18/19' team.. and would not get used by my under 18/19 manager/would not get used in the under 18/19's games..

Same for people in my reserve team being checked for youngster games, it would uncheck their availability for the reserves team.. in FM 13 it was the case to let them be available for both teams (making it possible to let them play a lot of matches).. in FM 14 you can only let them play for the under 18/19 team OR the reserves team (not both/you can't mark/tick them to be available for both, because ticking them for one, unticks the other)... is this a bug or intended?

Archived