buying and selling players.

Is there any guide on how to get players for as cheap as possible and to get as much as possible when u sell? Some bidding technique? I'm asking this cause I often end up selling players for cheaper then their value since I don't get any other bids..

Selling directly after success seems to be the best way for me - offering players out and expecting huge bids for them simply doesn't work anymore, unless the time is right. And rightly so I think. If you don't want a player, then why are other teams going to clamor around for them? Despite it taking some getting used to and having to take a lot more care with the transfer system actually prefer it.

Patience is also key. Don't expect offers matching your valuation straight away, but over time offers start creeping up and up and with negotiation can often get a very good deal. So far in four seasons in my Ajax save have spent 14m on transfers and made 152m....

Is there any guide on how to get players for as cheap as possible and to get as much as possible when u sell? Some bidding technique? I'm asking this cause I often end up selling players for cheaper then their value since I don't get any other bids..

The first thing that you should do is ignore their "value". It can be a reasonable estimation, but it's a just number computed based on CA/PA, Age, and Contract. Think of it as a starting point, and adjust based on other factors. If you've transfer listed your player, you're very unlikely to get what you might get otherwise, for example.

To find cheap players, look for players that have been listed (the corollary to the above example) or ones that are unhappy. Look for players with less than six months left on their contracts and sign them on a free.

To sell players, play them as much as possible while they are listed or have a team that's shown as interested. Even if you don't list them, you can set the asking price. Sometimes setting a high asking price will upset the player, but it will let other teams know what you are willing to accept for the player. And if you don't like the bid, reject it. Often a team will come back with a higher bid.

As Pelz said, patience is key. You can't list your highest value players and expect multiple bids at or above the asking price or value the next day. Getting the most for your players takes time and effort.

Archived