Current Player Wage Total doesn't match my squads actual Salary Total ... Why?

Having just missed out on promotion to the Scottish Premier League with lowly Cove Rangers I decided that during the offseason I needed to upgrade my squad given most the players had been with my in Scottish League 1 and 2. To assess how much financial leeway I had I checked out the Salaray tab in the Finances menu.

As the picture below shows my 'Current Player Wage Total' is £22,120 but the Overal Total of wages £14,711. Why is there a £7,409 difference?

I have manually calculated the Overal Wage total from the squad screens and it came to £14,720. Staff salaries (including my own) only come to £2,455 which would still be well short of explaining the difference (although I though staff salaries weren't included in your Wage Budget anyway).

Note: I am not paying any salaraies former players.

salary.png

Yes this has come up before.

The overall wage total (bottom figure) should more or less match adding up the basic wage of all your players which is what you've got.

When you offer a contract it gives you a "Wage Budget contribution" figure which is the basic wage + an additional amount to reflect the various bonuses the player would be estimated to earn.

The current wage total next to the budget is the total of all the "Wage Budget Contributions" for your players. I don't think there is anyway to see the contribution figures except during contract negotiations.

Archived