Longest ever Save Game?

Was just wondering how far people have made it in any version of FM? I'm up to 2062 in FM13 and played every season (bar the first one when nobody offred me a job while I was unemployed), but I'm sure the freaks on here will have made 100+ seasons and so forth :D

Show us where you're up to :D

2045 as Man City on FM09. After finishing sixth in the 08/09 and 09/10 seasons and almost losing my job, I managed to win my first league title the next season with the likes of Messi, Aguero, Torres (back when he was still good :p ) and Mario Gomez in my team. Went on to win 30 of the next 35 league titles. Also won 10 Champions Leagues, 13 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 3 World Cups, 2 Euro Championships, 8 Club World Cups and 4 Confederations cups.

Racked up over 3.5bn in transfer fees, raking in just over 1bn in the same period. Easily one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences to date!

I don't think I've ever got past about 12 years. I get bored once it's purely regens as I find I have absolutely no idea who plays for any other side in the world.

I'm completely the opposite - I can't enjoy the game until it's mostly regens. It seems to take all the fun out of it if you already know who's good etc.

And I get more joy from a successful academy graduate moving to the first team than absolutely anything else.

I have to agree with samabachan as I also enjoy the game much more when all the players are regens

In my saves I usually end up in 2025-2030 when the new version comes out, which is somewhat ironic as that is the tipping points where almost all the real players have retired / become staff. I just don't have time to get any further than that in a year :p

I have to agree with samabachan as I also enjoy the game much more when all the players are regens

In my saves I usually end up in 2025-2030 when the new version comes out, which is somewhat ironic as that is the tipping points where almost all the real players have retired / become staff. I just don't have time to get any further than that in a year :p

Kind of funny you agree with the guy that is opposite, but still play about 12 years lol

Mine was a Barca one on 2012. Done 13 years with Barca, after the 'old guard' retired, the youth players were there to carry on winning I resigned. I sat and waited until the seasons end, saw Aston Villa had been relegated to league one and applied. It took me 4 seasons to win a trophy with them. But, getting them promoted, failing in the play offs, building a good young english team in 2 years and getting them to play well saw us steam roll and gain promotion. I spent 11 seasons at Villa. I won the league in season 6, worked hard to buy more young english lads and move villa toward the best. I began to dominate utterly in season 9 and when my contract was up in 2 seasons I knew I'd done enough. Still have that save, boss of the fallen Inter Milan :p, its in 2037 now! Managed Real Madrid in there too :p

I don't tend to last long in a save anymore.... 10 or so seasons at most. I always end up getting bored of winning all the time, so I start a new save and ask people for ridiculous challenges, like win the world cup with San Marino without managing a club side to be able to train players up(which I managed to do 2 world cups in a row on FM 13 :p). I love challenges, sometimes I do one season challenges like where I have to win as much as I can in the first season without buying anyone, which I did in a previous save on this version with Palace where I won the domestic treble :p

So yeah I don't often do long saves anymore

• 6 years later...

301 seasons.

I was in season 2315 / 2316.

It's a season every 

With FM15. I stopped. Got FM20 for free, and I like it better.

I've read that the Guinness world record is at 333 seasons or so. I won't make it, though it woiuld take a month to get there. 

Generated several successors of myself, using names and birth-dates of players of the clubs I managed who retired when I retired.

I don't pay too much attention to the game. Game status says I played it for two clean years, some 650 days. Probably it also counts the hours when the PC is in sleep mode and the game is not quit. That's how you get that record. I guess it was some 50 to max. 100 days clean I ran the game, and the rest is idle or energy-save mode. I play the game with little attention while reading the news, and keep it running in background at idle when I work at home.

By the way: Even in 2315, José Mourinho barks on TV about Chelsea matters.

Wigan's DW stadium was used until 2300 or so, given up and replaced with a slightly bigger stadium just a few seasons after I left Wigan after its first Premier League title in history, to join Chelsea, richest club in football world. I moved on to Chelsea because I believed with that small stadium you won't ever get the money you need to compete for trophies in the long run. Curse them Wigan board. They named the stadium after someone else than "me".

Edited by turlesque

11 hours ago, turlesque said:

301 seasons.

I was in season 2315 / 2316.

It's a season every 

With FM15. I stopped. Got FM20 for free, and I like it better.

I've read that the Guinness world record is at 333 seasons or so. I won't make it, though it woiuld take a month to get there. 

Generated several successors of myself, using names and birth-dates of players of the clubs I managed who retired when I retired.

I don't pay too much attention to the game. Game status says I played it for two clean years, some 650 days. Probably it also counts the hours when the PC is in sleep mode and the game is not quit. That's how you get that record. I guess it was some 50 to max. 100 days clean I ran the game, and the rest is idle or energy-save mode. I play the game with little attention while reading the news, and keep it running in background at idle when I work at home.

By the way: Even in 2315, José Mourinho barks on TV about Chelsea matters.

Wigan's DW stadium was used until 2300 or so, given up and replaced with a slightly bigger stadium just a few seasons after I left Wigan after its first Premier League title in history, to join Chelsea, richest club in football world. I moved on to Chelsea because I believed with that small stadium you won't ever get the money you need to compete for trophies in the long run. Curse them Wigan board. They named the stadium after someone else than "me".

Wait what? It would take you a month to play 333 seasons? Are you just going on vacation for the games or how do you play them?

My longest was in FM12 where I got to 2045 with St. Albans

FM20 i just got to 2030 with Brøndby.

48 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

Wait what? It would take you a month to play 333 seasons? Are you just going on vacation for the games or how do you play them?

My longest was in FM12 where I got to 2045 with St. Albans

FM20 i just got to 2030 with Brøndby.

He's already done 301 seasons

I'm still in my first ever save, started in April. It's currently 2034-35. When I stopped to think about it, initially I was surprised to only be 15 seasons in, but then I realized that is three seasons per month! Once I discovered instant result it really sped things along. Maybe it's time for a new challenge. A lower division team. Or maybe I'll finally get around to all that house work I've been putting off.

BTW, the game should make your manager stats start declining heavily at age 75. It only seems fair.

On 28/02/2014 at 08:50, vlobben said:

You can start with fake players, I haven't done it myself but it's a great option to start with all newgens.