Anyone still play FM13?

I don't understand how this ME has gone so far downhill.

Even after the last patch for fm2013 ME there were still issues yet SI said there would be no patches as they are working on fm2014.

So, from now on is it going to be like this every year?

I'm sticking with 2014 at the minute as I'm doing ok with Shef utd but I'm not really enjoying it as much as I could be doing.

Watching the matches is infuriating.

Oh well, guess we've just got to keep our fingers crossed that Si manage to sort the bugs

Going back in versions is often down to very successful saves in my experience and not due to personal gripes with the newest version, I have a save on FM 11 which i still visit back occasionaly as I have built a Wolves side into a global superpower with a squad of players that I have great sentimental value to and many great memories with, similar with England. Some saves just stand out above the rest for overall enjoyment for various reasons, and I often find myself filled with nostalgia seeing players from that save in FM 14.

And that's only the ones who play whilst online; I always play in offline mode.

I haven't bought FM14 yet as I'm still enjoying my FM13 save. Currently in 2026 and have a stadium named after me, all players in my squad are ones I bought as teenagers and developed and now at the stage where some of my earliest signings are nearing the end of their careers. Those will be sad moments.

Reverted back to FMC 13 about 2 or 3 months ago. Much better game.

I have learned my lesson that I should have learned years ago of not thinking about buying the game until its very final patch. All said and done, the released game just isnt a final product.

Still playing FM13 here - into season 2037/38 and it's probably my longest save 'ever' in 20 years of playing this game. Not bought FM14 - might just miss this one out and wait until November for the next release. We shall see.

That's impressive, was planning on skipping FM14 and wish i could have played for that long as really enjoyed FM13.

I dipped my toes into FM12, FM13 and FM14 but didn't like them as much as FM11. Quite a strange thing that every time I tried a new version, I ended up going back to FM11.

For me, FM11 just has the best match engine. FM14's pretty horrendous at the moment. Players skating all over the place and center-backs just part like the Red Sea to allow strikers to go through and score.

Was playing fm12 until my five year old iMac decided to shut up shop :/

I did have a brief spell playing fm13 but found the game awful and ridiculously difficult. The game started to feel like more of a chore than fun.

I will give fm14 a chance though when I get a laptop :)

Still playing FM13, had a good save going with NUFC but somehow that save is corrupted so I'm enjoying my current Italian save in 2020. I don't know if I'm going to purchase FM14 this year, but I'm also trying to save up to get a gaming PC for future FMs.

Also with the issues with FM13 on release and FM14 on release I think I might just try buying FM every other year once the final patch is out, I mean no point in purchasing a game that still has kinks to work out right?

Its funny reading comments like that, it shows a lack of understanding of what FM is.

FM is whatever you make of it. Some people will enjoy one aspect, while others will hate the same.

There is no "correct" way to play FM. Stop being elitist and snobby about it ;)

i stuck with FM13, decided to only get the game every 2 years, someone did a data update on sortitoutsi where you can start in may 2013 using faroe islands league and all summer transfers, so i use that. i didn't like the sound of some of the changes on the new one (FFP agent fees echange tc) also the poor feedback confirmed this.

Will probably continue my 2019 save till 14.3.

Started as Rangers and became a legend there, got called up to Dortmund without the fans wanting my head. Just can't get enough of it but do miss the 14 UI which I find great.

I'm still playing FM13, despite owning FM14. Only because I have a sublime player in my squad who came through the academy and is on the verge of making 200 caps for england (which was helped by being the england manager!).

He is nearly 32 now so I will probably play that save until he retires and pick up on the game i started on FM14

Its funny reading comments like that, it shows a lack of understanding of what FM is.

It's even funnier reading comments like this, when hundreds of people acknowledge FM14 needs major surgery but the same old hand full refuse to accept it.

Until 14 is fixed up, I find 13 still much more playable.

I still play FM13. The reason I prefer FM13 is that the ME depiction seems way too unrealistic in FM14. I'm not talking about "cheating", just that watching the match shows things that would never happen. For example, in my last played game (several weeks ago - it really turned me off to 14), the teams were tied 1-1, and in the final 10 seconds, a long kick found an opposition player who just ran in between my defenders about 30 yards from goal and scored one on one with my keeper. This wasn't a failed offside trap or a brilliant run. It was just my two central defenders standing around while the opposition player ran between them. Maybe the visual didn't match what the ME computed (maybe it was a failed offside trap, for instance), but that wasn't what was shown - my players just ignored the other player. There should have been some effort, at least. I've seen this sort of "error" many many times in 14, despite having only managed about 25 games total in 14. Players just stop and pass back when they are through on goal; players stand around and watch the ball at their feet until an opposition player comes and gets it; players take (and make) shots from insanely difficult distances and angles regularly. The last one has certainly led to wonder-goals, which are nice for highlights, but they really take me out of the game when they happen as often as they do.

The current stats on Steam are (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/):

- Football Manager 2014

Current players 37,538 (today's peak 60,259)

- Football Manager 2013

Current players 7,628 (today's peak 11,917)

- Football Manager 2012

Current players 3,060 (today's peak 4,953)

5th, 19th and 44th respectively in terms of the current players.

Personally, I'm still cracking on with some Football Manager 2010! :D

I personally like fm 12 but I have played far more 14 as it's more entertaining and challenging which I think frustrates a lot of people naturally but I love it. It tests your knowledge of how manage a club better. Look at moyes in reality he walk into the club and is failing miserably right now but some time will turn it around just like I did in fm 14

I'm now in 2062 (!) on an FM2013 save game file and I still love it. However there are 2 big things that stand out as flawed:

1) The scouting system. So many players 5 star at the age of 16 and turn out to be dross when they mature. Equally so many times I've had 'potentially one of the best players of his generation' from the youth team and only one has become genuine world class.

2) AI managers are so passive. It's almost impossible as a lower league club to raise money from selling players because nobody ever wants to buy them. In real life if a good team is promoted playing exciting football then all the competitors would be all over their best players. I was managing Instituto in Argentina for a while and got promoted after 2 seasons but didn't sell a single player in the 5 years I managed there! Only way to move players on was to let them leave on a free. Then as soon as I resign from there, they sell the star player (who I had been trying to sell for years to raise money) for £5.5m!

Love this game and have had so much fun with it but these 2 flaws are the biggest issue for me. Are they better in FM14?

I'm now in 2062 (!) on an FM2013 save game file and I still love it. However there are 2 big things that stand out as flawed:

1) The scouting system. So many players 5 star at the age of 16 and turn out to be dross when they mature. Equally so many times I've had 'potentially one of the best players of his generation' from the youth team and only one has become genuine world class.

That's why it's called Potential Ability and not Destined Ability.

If all players reached their potential the game would be even easier.

2) AI managers are so passive. It's almost impossible as a lower league club to raise money from selling players because nobody ever wants to buy them. In real life if a good team is promoted playing exciting football then all the competitors would be all over their best players. I was managing Instituto in Argentina for a while and got promoted after 2 seasons but didn't sell a single player in the 5 years I managed there! Only way to move players on was to let them leave on a free. Then as soon as I resign from there, they sell the star player (who I had been trying to sell for years to raise money) for £5.5m!

Love this game and have had so much fun with it but these 2 flaws are the biggest issue for me. Are they better in FM14?

The selling players issue is the same for me. Big problem.

Is anyone still playing fm14!!? lol. Wish i hadnt switched to fm14. have'nt played it for 3/4 months. When the patch/update comes out i'll give it 1 more go, otherwise i'll look for unofficial updates for fm13 an play that again. (no, i will not be buying fm15 straight away like i have done for a decade. I'll wait till christmas to see if it's playable on the for

ums then decide)

Archived