Network Game Running Slow

Hi please help SI. Me and my friend have been playing fm14 online and the game is really slow. I am the host of the game and i have no problems when playing but his game is slow, matches lasting up to 20mins, processing slow but that is expected. He has no problems playing the game offline and runs how it should but online is slow. We both have excellent broadband connections. We played fm13 not long ago and the game was perfect and had no problems. I have been in contact with Saga over the past week and they have not been able to help and told me to contact SI and get them to help. PLease help SI

Exactly the same here! Me and my friend experience slow game play when the non host is playing.. Is it a problem with slow network server at Steam? I'm really getting frustrated by this. It's 2014, we should be able to normally play a network game. At Playstation I play racing games online without any problem..

PLEASE SI DO REPLY

Forgot that at the start of this season, will do the next. But sometimes we play at the same time, and then his games take 10 minutes longer. So that's not the core problem. I suspect there is something wrong with the Steam game servers or something very mysterious with a port which limits his connection or something. But no clue how to check that..

Mmm.. Okay.. That is something we can check in settings for firewall?

We both allowed incoming and outgoing data from steam already.

If he puts his firewall off it should work properly?

I have a Mac, he has windows. Issue?

Steam servers, known issues?

Could be his router which limits something? How do we check?

Some database changes are not an issue right? We use the same (edited) database.

I really want to fix this..

No, don't change your firewall.

It's your anti-virus program you should change to make an exception. Normally anti-virus programs scans all files being run so making an exception for the fm.exe file should make the game run faster (the anti-virus program don't take up much of the processing power).

I have absolutely no idea about your other questions...

Hi cheers guys for the ideas but we made exceptions to the anti virus and its still not changed it. Its funny how we was only playing fm13 till just after xmas and we had no problems when playing that game and then we moved on to fm14 and now we experience slow games and it's the same as everyone is experiencing the same problems. I've even been in contact with Saga and they couldn't solve the problem and the just told me to go to SI and i've had no emails back from them or anything.

We was on last night for 3 hours and managed 4 games in total but hey ho enjoy playing the game so just put up with it to something changes

• 1 month later...

No solution for this yet? I'm experiencing these exact issues, very slow match simulation for the player not hosting the game. Both our match highlights/replay settings are the same, so that's not it.

Are you using any database edits on the host / save? For a previous game I've raised the issue of commonly used community database fix packs (editor data files) dramatically impairing multiplayer playability.

• 1 month later...

Is there any solution for this problem? Me and my buddy are on a network game and suddenly in season 4 the game starts running very slow. The host runs okay but my game is horrible.. I'm playing on laptop at his home. we also Tried to play it when i was home on my pc, but the game still runs slow. So it has to be something in the savegame or network stuff. Does anybody have a solution? We really want to play this savegame...

Ps: we are playing fm 13 with the latest update

Is there any solution for this problem? Me and my buddy are on a network game and suddenly in season 4 the game starts running very slow. The host runs okay but my game is horrible.. I'm playing on laptop at his home. we also Tried to play it when i was home on my pc, but the game still runs slow. So it has to be something in the savegame or network stuff. Does anybody have a solution? We really want to play this savegame...

Ps: we are playing fm 13 with the latest update

I haven't got a solution but when i've played network games i always make sure a lot of things are switched off in preferences, players pics, stadium and backgrounds etc also used to go on low settings, doesn't look as good but can help in some cases.

Well, we already got everything switched off. Lowest graph. Rendering on software. No skins. No pics any graphic sort of thing no data changing. It was running just fine for 3 seasons. Only in season 4 we run in to this problem. Sometimes when we start the savegame it runs ok. Than all of a sudden my game runs slow and my buddy's game runs ok(he is host) when I'm host. He runs slow.

Edit: I'm sorry. I was searching the site and I just find out im posting in fm 14 forum.

When I was reading topics I noticed this problem is also going on with fm14 network games. So it's been going on for a wile and there is no solution for this. That's bad. We had a fm marathon planned for this weekend. I feel sad now...

I'm going to keep an eye on this topic and I hope si has some useful advice in the future..

Update: don't know what I did but the game is running smooth again... We are playing for several hours with no problems at all..

This is what I did on host pc:

-deleted all unnecessary save games in c:/ documents ect..

- started the game on host pc with no players just me and saved the game with a new save and new name

-restarted the game and started the new save

For now no problems. Don't know if it helps you guys

Good luck

Archived