Coaching staff struggling on courses

I keep getting messages that one or more of my backroom staff have started studying for their continental license and the club is covering the cost of the course.

Then about 6 month later I get another message to say they are struggling on their course and on a couple of occasions, that they've failed. Then about 6 months later they try again and the club again covering the cost.

Is there a way I can stop this, we are only a semi-pro club and the cost of the course at £6k is a lot of money to us. In the end I didn't renew the contract of the guy who kept failing. Is this the only way, otherwise we are just pouring money down the drain. I think there should be an option that allows you to say no to funding the course again if they've already failed once.

Pity there is no option to get them tutored by another coach with appropriate personality etc to improve their stats and chances of passing coaching courses...

or private chat: "please can you consider taking your coaching badges? i want you to stay and it would be a shame if we had to bring someone else in who shared the club's ambition"

I thought it was more to do with the staff's Current and Potential ability? Meaning a coach who has maxed out his current ability would not be able to take coaching badges/progress any further with them.

This was always my understanding but I could be completely wrong!

I thought it was more to do with the staff's Current and Potential ability? Meaning a coach who has maxed out his current ability would not be able to take coaching badges/progress any further with them.

This was always my understanding but I could be completely wrong!

That makes sense from a 'how the game is written' point of view. But doesn't make sense from the interface that is presented to you. Surely there should be some feedback to prevent you from throwing good money after bad on trying to train coaches that are untrainable. At least with players you get the "playing at close to their potential" and "unlikely to improve in the future" ratings.

Archived