Change colour?

While there is lots of stuff within the game that annoys me from time to time, there is just 1 single thing that regularly seriously affects my enjoyment of the game.

I am managing San Marino, (both sides), and the home colour for the club side is a pale sort of Sky Blue, (similar to Man City). I quite like the colour as a shirt, but the problem is that in the commentary, the writing that appears on this "Sky Blue" background, is white. As a result, no matter what angle I look at the screen from, it's just about impossible to see. If I hold the laptop at a funny angle and really look closely it becomes just about readable, (but then I am holding my laptop in front of my face and even if I could see the rest of the screen, (it's right up against my face), it is now at an angle which makes the pitch look funny).

So my question is, how easy is it to change the colour of the writing used for commentary?

Does the same thing happen to those who manage Man City?

Does this affect anyone else?

I haven't personally used one for a while, but I *think* you can change team colours with an in-game editor.

On a similar note, I can't stand teams with red text on a blue background (or it might be the other way around?). For some reason, I find that combination colours really jarring when watching the commentary. So much so, that I'd have to think twice about managing a club with those colours! Haha.

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this as I have the same problem. I am managing IF Haga in Sweden and while most of the club's text is white on a black background, the in game commentary text is dark grey on a black background and is almost impossible to read.

Is there a solution? I have looked in the editor but you can only change the club text not the in game commentary text.

I have looked in the editor but you can only change the club text not the in game commentary text.

Should be the same thing. The "text" image you see under each clubs kits and colours in the editor should be the same that's used in games. That's pretty much the whole point of having it in the editor.

I seem to recall seeing an option to turn off club-specific colouring, so all commentary would be black/white (I assume), but I can't remember where. Try looking under Preferences --> Interface.

Archived