Rainmaker v2 and Silk & Steel v2.......... A Combined Arms approach to FM

UPDATE 07/03/2014

Ok, the threads got a little messy so i thought I could at least up date the first post with what's, what in terms of the 4 tactics i've put up here and how they function under 14.3.

SILK & STEEL V2

14.3 APPROVED

Its still really solid for teams at all levels. v3 is in the works but I would recommend v2 for now without hesitation.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja58t64mvo78my7/Silk%20%26%20Steel%20v2.tac

RAINMAKER V2

14.3 REJECTED

Dont bother, too inconsistant.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/89k2s26h1z16odi/Rainmaker%20v2.tac

RAINMAKER V3

14.3 Hesitant Approval

Excellent attacking play, bit dodgy at the back. Good for top teams.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ycqn9toe98fe9aw

DARK MATTER

14.3 REJECTED

Hideous 'Frankenstein' tactic. Can create 10 clear cut chances a game, mostly one on one's, your world class striker will miss all of them. Should be brilliant but isnt.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8b0a2ear0bj7m5l

***** JUST USE SILK & STEEL V2 *****

Greetings once more!

Its been a while since i've released anything officially excluding a few embryonic tactics in my main Fulcrum thread which whilst interesting and largely successful in their own right couldn't better what was being achieved by Rainmaker and Silk & Steel used either exclusively or in combination as I have been recommending lately.

Truth is, I'd hit the 'glass ceiling' with my tactics, being able to produce a variety of tactics which could equal but not surpass my existing offerings.

With one tactic I won my first 23 league games of the season nearly 35 wins in a row including cup games but even then I knew 6 or 7 of those games had been 50/50, coin flips that had fallen my way and sure enough things fell apart late in the season.

This difficulty in developing a significantly improved tactic was partly due to my own success stumbling upon a good formula fairly early with Silk & Steel posted on 12th December and Rainmaker on the 27th December respectively.

Whatever I tried I just kept coming back to the 4132 formation.

I studied the player roles and player instructions and experimented with different combinations, again it just didn't 'feel' right so i went back to the default tactic.

That left team instructions. I tried playing higher, wider, narrower, faster, slower, down the flanks, thru the middle, pressing, sitting back, dribbling, passing, running, long passes, short passes you name it, i tried it. Again nothing.

I was about to give up and just update the tactics with an improved defensive corner routine someone kindly pointed out in my thread, the tactics were going down really well people were getting back to back promotions, winning League titles and Champions League's so maybe this was as far as I could take it.

Then i read 'Hand of God's' thread on the Mentality Ladder.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Then I took 2 very strong headache tablets, made a cup of coffee, removed all distractions from my living room (wife, child, dog) and read it again. (read it and you'll know what i'm talking about :brock:)

My tactics where conceptualised very much with the player duty in mind (attack, support, defend).

I imagine my teams divided into 3 distinct units Defend, Support, Attack. I dont really want my 'defend' duty players attacking, i dont really want my 'attack' players defending (apart from set-pieces) what I do want is my 'Support' players, the main body of my teams (5) doing lots of both. Being the engine of the team moving from deep to advanced and back again cohesively as the match situation developed.

I'd got it right with Silk & Steel using Control/Balanced but with Rainmaker on Attack/Very Rigid I realised I was doing a 'Villas-Boas', i.e getting in the way of my talented players and stopping them from doing the things they knew they needed to do to be successful.

Switching Rainmaker to Attack/Balanced 'freed up' the players to perform according to their duties which is what I wanted all along.

This also made me reconsider some of the Team Instructions.

Namely

'Pass out of defence' - I'd kind of ignored this thinking it would lead to some kind of hideous sideways passing in front of your own penalty area, what Stoke under Mark Hughes consider to be 'an attack', but in reality it complimented both of our tactics very well, Silk & Steel is possession based anyway and Rainmaker benefits greatly from a bit more of a considered approach from the back with its high tempo and attacking mentalities allowing attacking players time to position themselves in dangerous/advanced positions.

'Look for overlap' - Again, in my ignorance, I thought this would be only useful with 442 type formations with a full back running beyond a wide midfielder 'Zabaleta' style. Its doesn't actually mean that at all. It means ANY player looks for ANY overlapping player which in this tactic can be the F9 waiting for one of our supporting midfielders to overlap or indeed a midfielder waiting for the FB on support duty to get upfield. Again it compliments both tactics very well. You actually see this a lot in the ME.

Drill crosses - Should have thought about this earlier. As our Full Backs and indeed our forwards put a lot of crosses in from the byline and NOT from deep positions this style of cross is likely to be more effective (and is!).

So there we have it. Along with a few set-piece tweaks.

Results and tactics next......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rainmaker v2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/89k2s26h1z16odi/Rainmaker%20v2.tac

Silk & Steel

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja58t64mvo78my7/Silk%20%26%20Steel%20v2.tac

In a nutshell.

Rainmaker is a high tempo/attacking tactic for when you are favourites to win the match.

Silk & Steel is a low tempo, possession based tactic for when you are the 'Underdog'.

** THESE TACTICS ARE DESIGNED AS A 'SET' TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH EACH OTHER **

Fear not, I will go into considerable detail below as to when its best to use which tactic.

Rainmaker v2

01f2.png

Silk & Steel v2

1u7g.png

You will note the only difference between them are the Mentalities and a few Team Instructions. However they play out quite differently.

Benchmarks

What I was working towards all along was considerably bettering my original Rainmaker results which were already very good.

v1

t4kt.png[/url]

v2

vhdg.png[/url]

So,

v1 38 games. 26 wins, 5 draws, 7 losses. Points 83. Goal difference +54

vs

v2 38 games. 30 wins, 6 draws, 2 losses. Points 96. Goal difference +68

Norwich test. Rainmaker v2 HOME. Silk & Steel v2 AWAY. Missed out on Champions League on goal difference. Mighty impressive.

zde6.png

Note all results above are Season 1 with no transfers and automatic manager reputation.

Now with Chelsea being a 'Big' team I used 'Rainmaker v2' for all matches except away to Arsenal, Tottenham, Man United and Man City where I used Silk & Steel v2.

I switched from Rainmaker v2 to Silk & Steel v2 when the conditions outlined in the following post were met but it basically amounts to preserving a narrow lead late on in matches.

How the tactic is designed to work.

Some of this will become clearer after I have completed the player outlines.

Essentially we have 2 methods of creating chances.

1. From possession based play we have 6 players committed to attack. The tactic is set up to ensure we have players fairly evenly spread horizontally and vertically across the attacking third of the pitch. Everyone one of these players are both runners & passers. This means the player in possession potentially has 5 players making attacking runs, in front of him, to the side down the flanks or feeding a runner coming from deep. Every one of these players has the ability to deliver the killer ball to create a scoring opportunity or setting up a position for someone else better placed to set up a scoring opportunity.

2. Winning the ball from opponents and catching them 'with their pants down'. We close down, hassle and harass opponents in possession like crazy. Win the ball back and counter before defensive players can get back in position. Lots of Clear Cut Chances come from this 'turn over' of possession. Especially when we are 'underdogs'.

A fairly simplistic explanation but more will become clear when I explain what's required from the players in terms of attributes and 'job description'.

Next up, when to use what!

Now, key to all this is when to use each tactic. I will outline below a few ways below which can be used to determine this.

But first the following 'rules' are what i've been using in all situations.

If you are using Rainmaker v2 and you have a 1 goal lead on 65 minutes switch to Silk & Steel v2 to protect that lead. If you concede switch back to Rainmaker v2. Rinse & repeat.

If you are using Silk & Steel v2 and you are behind at half time switch to Rainmaker v2. If you equalise switch back to Silk & Steel. Rinse & repeat.

If you are using Silk & Steel v2 and you fall behind in the 2nd half immediately switch to Rainmaker v2. If you equalise switch back to Silk & Steel. Rinse & repeat.

Starting Tactics - Different approaches

Straightforward

Rainmaker v2 for all HOME matches. Silk & Steel for all AWAY matches. Referring to above guidelines for changing 'mid match'.

A perfectly valid approach for everyone, especially 'mid level' teams.

Match odds

If you are Favourite for the match Rainmaker v2. If you are not Silk & Steel v2. If its even Rainmaker v2 HOME, Silk & Steel v2 AWAY.

Again referring to the guidelines above for reacting mid match.

Emotive

Consider opponent reputation, fixture location - home or away, your form and opponents form and then look at the following statements and pick the one you agree with most.

ONLY a WIN is acceptable to me. = Rainmaker v2

Actually, a DRAW is acceptable to me = Silk & Steel v2

Again referring to the guidelines above for reacting mid match.

Be aware, Silk & Steel v2 is NOT designed to draw matches or be negative in anyway, you will score lots of goals. But its designed to blunt the attack of a superior team.

Using one of the above approaches you will soon get a feeling for the right tactic to start with

PLAYER ROLES AND ATTRIBUTES

Anyone familiar with my other threads will know I have ideas about players being well suited to the roles they are asked to perform.

I like to highlight 4 attributes I believe are required for someone to perform to the maximum in each position with one of them considered key which will need to be 'maxed out' as much as possible relative to the division you are in.

Bare in mind these are just my 'ideas' and not hard and fast rules.

Let start with the players with our 2 strikers.

Complete Forward/Attack

This is our main goalscorer likely to be responsible for around 30% of the goals scored by your team.

Job Description; To lead the line, be the spearhead to our attacks. Be the furthest up field even when we are out of possession. Required to 'outpace' defenders, even with 'ball at feet', clinical finishing is required. Not required to track back but intelligent movement off the ball is essential.

Key Attribute: Acceleration

Other attributes; Composure, Finishing, Off the ball

False 9/Support

Our support striker with a dual role. Creator and Finsher.

Job Description To be a 'Link' player, a pivot between our midfield and our main Striker. Being able to play a killer ball to a team mate in space is essential. As is being able to get onto the end of chances and finishing them off. Required to 'press' defenders in possession denying space and time and hopefully winning back possession in dangerous positions.

Key Attribute: Passing

Other attributes; Flair, Creativity, Finishing

Player roles/attributes - Midfield

Central Midfield/Attack

A goal scoring midfielder. Our Auxiliary Striker running from deep. 1 goal every 3 games is realistic with lots of assists.

Job description; To run forward tirelessly from midfield, timing runs to arrive unmarked into the penalty area to receive ball and create or score. Also able to run with ball and commit defenders as well as pick out team mates in space. Some 'pressing' is required but offensive abilities take precedence here.

Key Attribute; Acceleration

Other attributes; Passing, Finishing, Work Rate

Box to Box/Support

Hunter/Killers. Win back possession and deliver killer passes.

Job Description; 'Hybrid' midfielders required who are tenacious in the tackle yet have the skills to identify key passing opportunities and deliver the 'killer ball'. Extremely hard workers required to drive the team in both attack and defence. The role is so important we need 2 of them.

Key Attribute: Tackling

Other attributes; Work Rate, Passing, Team Work

Anchor Man/Defend

Our shield in front of the back 4. Winning the ball, playing it simple.

Job Description An 'immovable' object is required to protect our back line. Silky skills are not required but a dominant physical presence is. The ability to 'instil fear' into to our less courageous opponents is welcome, especially those AMC's you will run into. Skilled in the 'Dark Arts' of separating opponent from ball you will then be required to play it to a more skillfull team mate.

Key Attribute: Tackling

Other Attributes; Jumping Reach, Strength, Positioning

Player roles/attributes - Defence

Full Backs/Support

Our 'Flank' players required to contribute equally to Attack and Defence.

Job Description: Complete footballers are required to fulfill both offensive and defensive duties on the flanks of our team. Working in tandem with our other 'support' players you will be required to use your judgement to determine the opportune time to attack. You'll be 'up and down' all day so excellent athletic ability is essential as is the ability to use the ball well.

Key Attribute: Crossing

Other Attriibutes; Decisions, Passing, Stamina

Centre Backs/Defend

Single Minded. Stop attacks, give ball to team mate.

Job Description; Mentally strong individuals are required to 'lead from the back', putting your head in where others fear to tread is the name of the game. You will need to be a physically impressive specimen with the complimentary mental attributes required to anticipate and neutralise threats before they are realised.

Key Attribute: Jumping Reach

Other attributes; Tackling, Positioning, Strength

Goalkeeper

Last line of defence

Job Description; Strong social skills are not required for this position, loners welcome. You will however be physically tall with excellent reflexes and the ability to concentrate for long periods of time before being called into action at a moments notice. You will also be required to organise your team mates well in defensive situations.

Key Attribute: Aerial Ability

Other Attributes; Reflexes, Command of Area, One on Ones

Other bits.

NO Opposition Instructions

MAX PITCH SIZE

Long Throws are go. Check if you have anyone with 'Flat Bullet' throw. If you do put them on throw ins on the set-piece screen. Anyone with 15+ Long Throw Attribute will likely be able to learn it as a preferred move.

Training.

Full Match Training on Tactics only until fully fluid. Then leave on 'defending set pieces' all season on minimal (1 notch from the right on slider)

Team Training. 1 months Fitness, then 6 weeks Team Cohesion. then Balanced all season

TEAM TALKS

Pre-Match - Leave to Assistant Manager

Take over at half time.

DEFAULT POSITION

Losing - Assertive - Far from happy

Drawing - Assertive - Far from happy

Winning by 'only' 1 goal - Assertive - Far from happy

Winning by 2 goals - Assertive - Kick on

Winning by 3 goals+ - Assertive - Pleased

As you can see, i'm rarely happy!

If you are a small team and playing one of the top teams i might be a bit 'nicer'..... but not much.

If you get on a poor run I would back off a bit in a few of the Team talks...... but not much!

I only bought the game a few days ago. I was trying to wait for it to go on sale on steam but your other tactics thread encouraged me to buy it sooner :)

I've been using your system with Bath in Skrill south. I was going to post today in your other thread some comments about the Rainmaker tactic being too rigid. It has the classic problem with rigid tactics that as your players become more fluid in the tactic, it becomes less effective. I'm very glad you moved it to balanced. It also makes more sense from the perspective of a "team philosophy" between the SS and Rainmaker tactics.

Looking forward to getting home from work tonight and plugging in the new versions :) I've been having good success so far, eager to have the new version of Rainmaker up and running!

I know it probably means nothing, but in my 3rd season with Spurs I was struggling with v1, stuck in midtable. I plug this in? First match?

6-0 at home in the Champions League.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also noticing the attacking MC is getting further up/more involved/scoring more.

These tactics have been the bane of my success in my Roma / Inter career.

Funny how many of the attributes and stuff you have changed about your players. I have followed the other instructions pretty well and my Inter squad is amazing, I have a double squad, meaning 2x CF's, 2x F9's etc. and it's amazing.

I have won the double last 2 seasons only to loose the CL finals in heart breaking fashion twice. I am now on my way to the 3rd consecutive league title and hopefully I'll finally get my CL win. After that I'm going to move to something a little smaller and try to build up.

A little side note, I also won the WC with Italy in the summer.

Other bits.

NO Opposition Instructions

MAX PITCH SIZE

Long Throws are go. Check if you have anyone with 'Flat Bullet' throw. If you do put them on throw ins on the set-piece screen. Anyone with 15+ Long Throw Attribute will likely be able to learn it as a preferred move.

Training.

Full Match Training on Tactics only until fully fluid. Then leave on 'defending set pieces' all season on minimal (1 notch from the right on slider)

Team Training. 1 months Fitness, then 6 weeks Team Cohesion. then Balanced all season

Do you tick 'rest before & after match'? Also do you set your individual training?

Pre-season I don't tick it.

Once season starts I allow rest before and after match.

I've stopped doing individual training as the players just moan about there workload.

Brilliant thanks bud, by the way, see when you say you set your training schedule to '1 notch from the right', does this mean that the slider should be set all the way to 'less match training' as that's on the right hand side whereas more match training is on the left.

Brilliant thanks bud, by the way, see when you say you set your training schedule to '1 notch from the right', does this mean that the slider should be set all the way to 'less match training' as that's on the right hand side whereas more match training is on the left.

Exactly. But only once tactics are fully fluid.

Did you use ivanovic much in your team? I always play him no matter what haha

He's 2nd choice right back for me, gets a lot of games as your FB's get knackered.

He's higher rated than Cahill at CB so should probably use him more.

I've stopped doing individual training as the players just moan about there workload.

I have team training on "low" and individual training for all players on "heavy".

Only players that occasionally complain are the ones who also try to learn preferred move at the same time.

For those i then change the individual training to "average".

If any player without ppm training complains, i go to private chat and criticise training level. That does the trick almost every time.

About the tactics.

I am now going trough the toughest part of season. End of season is nearing and we are performing way above expectations, meaning that players are on the edge and get nervous really easily.

Despite that, after switching to these tactics, our record looks like this:

biuz.jpg

Still a few games to go and the league table looks like this:

gd4k.jpg

One thing really worth noting. After switching to these new tactics, we have conceded zero goals from corners. That is amazing, not even those own goals that you usually see quite often :)

Just a quick thanks for your persistance and work Mr Rosler.

Without wanting to come over all arse kissing, I mentioned you and a couple of others in the dreaded feedback thread when people decry downloaded tactics etc. My point was that not all the tactics were exploitative and you actually seemed to encourage and discuss tweaks etc. This, as youd expect, was totally ignored, though not jumped on surprisingly.

So thanks again.

Just a quick thanks for your persistance and work Mr Rosler.

Without wanting to come over all arse kissing, I mentioned you and a couple of others in the dreaded feedback thread when people decry downloaded tactics etc. My point was that not all the tactics were exploitative and you actually seemed to encourage and discuss tweaks etc. This, as youd expect, was totally ignored, though not jumped on surprisingly.

So thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tend to ignore the main feedback thread as it seems to the same 4 blokes arguing and moaning about the same pointless things.

You'll never see a 'strikerless, over-loading' tactic from me. I like proper football with a proper formation. 2 upfront, 4 at the back.

The only borderline issue with my tactic is using long throws. But in my Norwich test I don't have anyone even capable of this so its not being used.

Pretty pleased with the Norwich test so far.

17 points from 10 games is a decent return. Media prediction is 15th. We're well out of trouble.

Playing it straight up. Rainmaker at Home. S&S Away. Some nice away results with S&S.

fc3a.png

0321.png

Got a tough run of games coming up though....:lol:

Results tonight with Bath in Skrill South:

13 played, 9W, 3D, 1L (FA Cup 2nd round to league 1 opponent)

34 goals scored, 9 goals conceded (3 in FA Cup).

Taking out the League 1 opponent, thats:

9W, 3D

33 goals scored, 6 goals conceded.

Going well :)

Came out of those stick fixtures pretty well.

9kou.png

Not a bad little team Norwich.

Hooper and Van Wolfswinkel have a nice partnership going, Hoolahan supports well from central midfield. Good goalie, decent FB's and CB's and lots of aggressive midfielders.

Mr Rosler, might I refer you to post #21 from blackdog? In it he praises, quite rightly, your tactics/formation and that they are not, to coin a phrase, 'ME exploitive'. I am assuming that this is correct.

Like, I think, yourself and some others I have found that my tactics have hit a wall. In my first season playing as Liverpool, with a wide 4-2-3-1 tactic, I finished third and won the League Cup. In my second I won the League and retained the League Cup. I have my best players in their best positions or in the position that they can do best for the team and I have tried to adhere to the twelve steps and pairs and combinations. I too have wondered if their has been an alteration in the ME but as SI say no, then must be the case.

I have tried your previous sets and had much success which is why I had another go at doing my own. I was quite pleased until season three. Now I am back to square one. It has left me considering not bothering to try to do my own tactics anymore and go for one of the 'custom' made sets, like yours. I am not asking you to sort out my tactics, this is just a statement of fact which appears to align with a few other peoples thinking. Back to the drawing board!

Mr Rosler, might I refer you to post #21 from blackdog? In it he praises, quite rightly, your tactics/formation and that they are not, to coin a phrase, 'ME exploitive'. I am assuming that this is correct.

Like, I think, yourself and some others I have found that my tactics have hit a wall. In my first season playing as Liverpool, with a wide 4-2-3-1 tactic, I finished third and won the League Cup. In my second I won the League and retained the League Cup. I have my best players in their best positions or in the position that they can do best for the team and I have tried to adhere to the twelve steps and pairs and combinations. I too have wondered if their has been an alteration in the ME but as SI say no, then must be the case.

I have tried your previous sets and had much success which is why I had another go at doing my own. I was quite pleased until season three. Now I am back to square one. It has left me considering not bothering to try to do my own tactics anymore and go for one of the 'custom' made sets, like yours. I am not asking you to sort out my tactics, this is just a statement of fact which appears to align with a few other peoples thinking. Back to the drawing board!

I think the main point is this years version is very difficult in the sense that the Tactical instructions have a very narrow range in terms of what works and what doesn't. Its utterly unforgiving if you have even one instruction wrong.

With hundreds of different variables in terms of combinations of team and players instructions its hugely unreasonable to expect every FM player to have the time, commitment, determination and motivation to work out the magic formula to make everything work especially as we are essentially 'guessing' most of it as there is very little information out there which pulls it all together and what there is out there is often the incoherent intellectual ramblings of People who certainly 'talk the talk', but strangely never post tactics.

Fortunately there are a few 'nutters' out there like me with an obsessive mind which when focussed wholly on one objective can eventually 'get to the finishing line'.

If I had a more demanding job i wouldn't have taken this on. I've logged 514 hours on this years FM. That's actually a bit embarrassing.

I think what i'm trying to to say is......

"ITS OK TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S TACTICS THIS YEAR! IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANY LESS OF A PLAYER. IN FACT, ITS THE SMART THING TO DO"

:brock::brock::brock::brock::brock::brock::brock:

I think the main point is this years version is very difficult in the sense that the Tactical instructions have a very narrow range in terms of what works and what doesn't. Its utterly unforgiving if you have even one instruction wrong.

With hundreds of different variables in terms of combinations of team and players instructions its hugely unreasonable to expect every FM player to have the time, commitment, determination and motivation to work out the magic formula to make everything work especially as we are essentially 'guessing' most of it as there is very little information out there which pulls it all together and what there is out there is often the incoherent intellectual ramblings of People who certainly 'talk the talk', but strangely never post tactics.

Fortunately there are a few 'nutters' out there like me with an obsessive mind which when focussed wholly on one objective can eventually 'get to the finishing line'.

If I had a more demanding job i wouldn't have taken this on. I've logged 514 hours on this years FM. That's actually a bit embarrassing.

I think what i'm trying to to say is......

"ITS OK TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S TACTICS THIS YEAR! IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANY LESS OF A PLAYER. IN FACT, ITS THE SMART THING TO DO"

:brock::brock::brock::brock::brock::brock::brock:

Brilliant response

In all my years of playing I've only ever used other people's tactics - as much as I love the game of football, and can watch a match and judge how well or not a team is playing, I just don't have the nous to devise my own!

Been looking forward to the release of the v2's as yours have generally been the most consistent tactics I've used with FM14, so held off starting a new long term game until they were released.

Started last night, unemployed, managed to get myself a job with Bohemians in the Irish Premier - were sat one place and one point above the relegation zone, with around half of the season to play. Only had time for two matches, but won them both using S&S - one against the reigning champions, and one against the team that were sitting top of the league. Got to be happy with that, particularly as kept clean sheets in both games. It's going to be a tough challenge, with a couple of exceptions the players I have don't particulary suit in terms of the key attributes - I've managed to bring a couple in, but it's hard as we're only part time without a massive wage budget. So, my aim is to pull clear of the relegation zone, consolidate mid table and then rebuild in the close season.

Nice work Mr Rosler.

Mr Rosler, I agree entirely with what you say. I seem to have been spending to much time reading the required 'stuff' and trying to build a formation/tactic that will give me a little success. Then, as you say, because of one error or miscalculation I have to start over, without knowing where I have gone wrong or if I may need to start over again for a third time.

I may be a glutton for punishment but I've just started a new save and will try to implement a decent working 4-3-1-2 formation with LFC. I shall keep trying until the January transfer update/patch. If I have failed I shall then use your sets. Faint heart and all that, what!

One question.

Are you planning to rework Rainmaker B in any way?

I like to have one tactic with slightly different formation and Rainmaker B has been working well for me.

Or if you are not going to make any adjustments yourself, do you have any quick ideas about what to tweak in it, based on what you have learned with these new tactics?

Mr Rosler, I am about to run a save with Liverpool using your latest 'efforts'. I have one question which is thus.

Will changing your tactics set piece routines to a set of my own, have any adverse effect on your tactics? Many thanks.

The only difference it will make will be the amount of goals you score and concede from set pieces. No effect on how the tactic plays out.

One question.

Are you planning to rework Rainmaker B in any way?

I like to have one tactic with slightly different formation and Rainmaker B has been working well for me.

Or if you are not going to make any adjustments yourself, do you have any quick ideas about what to tweak in it, based on what you have learned with these new tactics?

Dont think 'B' tactic really needed. If you want to update yours just use exactly the same Team Instructions as on Rainmaker v2 and viola! updated tactic. (i'd also update the defensive corner routine to something decent)

Dont think 'B' tactic really needed. If you want to update yours just use exactly the same Team Instructions as on Rainmaker v2 and viola! updated tactic. (i'd also update the defensive corner routine to something decent)

I will try that ;)

Defensive corners i have already updated earlier, i think they are quite close to what these new tactics have.

Finished Norwich test.

zde6.png

Very happy with that. Only missed out on Champions League by goal difference.

Used Rainmaker v2 Home. Silk & Steel v2 Away.

Home record...... Fortress Carrow Road

eyfb.png

Away record .... obviously a bit weaker but still pretty good for a Norwich team predicted to finish 15th.

tha2.png

Thats the testing concluded.

Now its high time my local team fulfilled their destiny to dominate European Football...........Yes, bring on the mighty Tonbridge Angels....... to be continued.............

Fantastic work Mr Rolser. Go enjoy some fun with Tonbridge, you've earnt it.

Finished Norwich test.

zde6.png

Very happy with that. Only missed out on Champions League by goal difference.

Used Rainmaker v2 Home. Silk & Steel v2 Away.

Home record...... Fortress Carrow Road

eyfb.png

Away record .... obviously a bit weaker but still pretty good for a Norwich team predicted to finish 15th.

tha2.png

Thats the testing concluded.

Now its high time my local team fulfilled their destiny to dominate European Football...........Yes, bring on the mighty Tonbridge Angels....... to be continued.............

What I have so far noticed in my limited testing with Everton (season 3) is that against the big teams and when playing away from home Silk and Steel is very strong. Havent played enough at home yet though.

Also I am scoring a lot of goals from corners compared with recent tactics and games

Mr Rosler, I notice that you have implemented the 'look for the overlap' option. I am reminded of an abandoned narrow 4-3-3 tactic of mine from, I think, November last. I had utilised 'look for the overlap' as well.

When I posted my tactic for comments and assistance, I was asked why, as my full backs/wing backs did not have any wingers or wide men to overlap. My answer was that I thought the idea was that the full backs would overlap the narrow midfield. I got the impression that my thoughts were incorrect. I'm intrigued to know your views.

As I mentioned in my original post 'look for overlap' applies to ALL players,

Your midfield will look for your FB's, your F9 will look for midfielders etc.

You were correct in your ideas. Another example of people giving misleading advice.

I have had two quite funny results with the tactics.

I played against Juventus in Italian Cup final last season. I started with S&S v2, Juventus scored and i switched to Rainmaker v2. We equalized and i switched back to S&S v2.

Went to extra time, late on extra time second half we scored a winner.

Just played Italian Super Cup against Juventus. It went exactly like the cup final, even the same player scoring the extra time goal :D

Only difference to the cup final was that Juventus had a real chance of winning at normal time as they were given penalty at the end stages of second half, but our keeper managed to save it :)

For the new season i bought two central midfielders for box to box use and one DM, all based on Mr U Rosler's new recommendations. So far looking very promising, our performance is much more solid than last season, even though it was a very good season for us.

Archived