So this just happened.

So I'm playing my 3rd full season at Inter, having taken them from a mid table team to one of the top sides in Europe in that time.

Last season I got to the CL finals on my way to a treble only to loose 1-0 vs PSG after getting a red card 25th minute.

This season I was going to fix that, thrash the league, crush the cup and hammer every opponent on my way to the CL Final.

We play against Man City - we loose 3-4, and guess what. This is what happens.

http://imgur.com/2FqI88y

3 of the 4 goals I concede are BRUTAL mistakes. And the 4th one that comes in extra time ? My Full back passes it back like it's a freaking thru ball to Lewandowski who slots in into the open net, seeing as my GK was on the other side of the 18 yard box after taking the goal kick.

My god this game gets to me ........................

these are not the same, in my case the keeper was completely unresponsive, the ball went through him and he didn't even move

He will have done. What you will have seen, (or rather not seen), will have been an issue with the representation of this in the highlights, not an ME bug.

Lee Dixon's is a classic own goal.

[video=youtube;MpSo1aciPqU]

It is easy to quote such a mistake is because it is so rare- like Nayim lobbing Seaman from the halfwayline, Ronnie Rosenthal missing 'that' open goal & Paul Robinson miskicking -v- Croatia when McClaren was England manager. All memorable (in a 'wtf are you doing' type way) because it doesn't happen dozens of times a season at a top level of football- and is even relatively rare in decent Sunday League football.

Just last night, in a network game, a mate of mine had these 2: http://gyazo.com/f6cb6fbd6ca2e948373ab3864ce6d24e -&- http://gyazo.com/22cd1d3266e09e8f45d52c753af6111b . That is as Man U in around season 2024. Top team, top keeper. I stopped regularly watching the pixels moving illogically around the screen last year for this very reason, it was that or stop playing entirely through annoyance.

I'm sure the normal calls for 'raise it as a bug' are made but here is the issue. A mistake is mentioned here and one of the SI testing team is clearly saying with his post that 'It happens, it is not an issue'... what else could be interpreted by the dismissal of Dixon's OG clip?

Someone (somewhere) pertinently posted in the main (currently) 45 page 14.2.2 discussion points that a large part of the issue with the game, as it stands, is the lack of correlation between the stats, the game 'film & real life. I find myself swearing at the screen much less now I only have to see the game (in network) when I'm playing one of the other humans (as they still watch the highlights). It is liberating to see the other 8 in our group getting frustrated by countless errors whilst my ignorance in this instance really is beneficial.

It is all very well 'The Bretheren' invading each thread and defending the FM2014/13/12/etc faith, claiming the issues are either unfounded, because of tactics or just not an issue, but they miss the point. The reason people post is because they feel it is an issue and/or because they care. If one of the testers is just dismissing the frustrations so readily though, what hope for improvement?

It is easy to quote such a mistake is because it is so rare- like Nayim lobbing Seaman from the halfwayline, Ronnie Rosenthal missing 'that' open goal & Paul Robinson miskicking -v- Croatia when McClaren was England manager. All memorable (in a 'wtf are you doing' type way) because it doesn't happen dozens of times a season at a top level of football- and is even relatively rare in decent Sunday League football.

Just last night, in a network game, a mate of mine had these 2: http://gyazo.com/f6cb6fbd6ca2e948373ab3864ce6d24e -&- http://gyazo.com/22cd1d3266e09e8f45d52c753af6111b . That is as Man U in around season 2024. Top team, top keeper. I stopped regularly watching the pixels moving illogically around the screen last year for this very reason, it was that or stop playing entirely through annoyance.

I'm sure the normal calls for 'raise it as a bug' are made but here is the issue. A mistake is mentioned here and one of the SI testing team is clearly saying with his post that 'It happens, it is not an issue'... what else could be interpreted by the dismissal of Dixon's OG clip?

Someone (somewhere) pertinently posted in the main (currently) 45 page 14.2.2 discussion points that a large part of the issue with the game, as it stands, is the lack of correlation between the stats, the game 'film & real life. I find myself swearing at the screen much less now I only have to see the game (in network) when I'm playing one of the other humans (as they still watch the highlights). It is liberating to see the other 8 in our group getting frustrated by countless errors whilst my ignorance in this instance really is beneficial.

It is all very well 'The Bretheren' invading each thread and defending the FM2014/13/12/etc faith, claiming the issues are either unfounded, because of tactics or just not an issue, but they miss the point. The reason people post is because they feel it is an issue and/or because they care. If one of the testers is just dismissing the frustrations so readily though, what hope for improvement?

Just highlighted a bit in the quote, where is the SI Tester clearly saying that it is fine and 'It happens, it is not an issue'.?

The reason people come on to defend is sometimes the poster tends to exaggerate, like your post having a swipe.

Other examples like

I lose constantly

How many times is constantly?

Well I've lost three games in a row, this is rubbish, Ive played since 94 blah blah blah.

What appears clear to you is mud to someone else and that's why you have you have opinions and different views.

For me I look at Alex's post like he is commenting on the post above and saying that Lee Dixon's is a classic, oneronaldo even has IIRC (If I remember correctly), no where did he say it wasn't a bug or even really imply it. I believe he was saying you do remember correctly and it was a classic

What the poster should do and what SI always say is if you think its a bug, then post it in the bugs forum where someone will look at it, its not that hard and it helps everyone, maybe if this was in the bugs forum with something like goalkeeping error as the name then other people could see that and go hey that happened to me.

Instead its in here and the name is of the thread is 'So this just happened.'

I'm not saying it is or isn't a bug, it may well be, how many times has this happened to the team?

I have a career going at the moment playing in various top leagues and I have never seen that happen, again just because I haven't seen it doesnt mean its not a bug.

May be instead of taking potshots you could be constructive. (Yes I can see where my post is exactly the same!)

Regards,

Pan

I'd say the issue here is more you completely making up something to suit your argument.

And what exactly is wrong with people saying "raise it as a bug"? It's the right thing to do - what exactly is moaning on here, and then doing nothing further going to achieve?

And on they come... the normal defenders of the faith. Tiresome.

As far as mentioning it on here, Forameuss... it is a discussion thread. So guess what.... it gets discussed. I appreciate you would only like to hear positive things, but even when someone tries to be constructive it is actually you that invades the thread with a negative put down.

To Panpardus... where did I exaggerate? I offer my opinion, advise what we have found, even supply 2 clips suffered within a few games of one another... exaggerated where, exactly? Where wasn't I constructive? Fair play to Alex to explain his thoughts, but again, without wording (like many comments seen on the forums) I assumed it was another 'See, it happens in real life, so must be okay' kind of response. I apologise to Alex if it wasn't.

And on they come... the normal defenders of the faith. Tiresome.

As far as mentioning it on here, Forameuss... it is a discussion thread. So guess what.... it gets discussed. I appreciate you would only like to hear positive things, but even when someone tries to be constructive it is actually you that invades the thread with a negative put down.

To Panpardus... where did I exaggerate? I offer my opinion, advise what we have found, even supply 2 clips suffered within a few games of one another... exaggerated where, exactly? Where wasn't I constructive? Fair play to Alex to explain his thoughts, but again, without wording (like many comments seen on the forums) I assumed it was another 'See, it happens in real life, so must be okay' kind of response. I apologise to Alex if it wasn't.

You know what's just as tiresome? Trotting out your "defenders of the faith" shtick. Someone disagrees with your viewpoint, so oh-em-gee, they must be wrong. How dare they have their own opinions which don't agree with mine? Down with this sort of thing! Oh the irony of saying "it's a discussion thread", given that you don't want anyone to disagree with you.

And if you could point out where I had a problem with you discussing it here, then that would be wonderful. My point was there's no point talking about it here and not raising it as a bug AS WELL. Discussion is healthy. Dictatorships aren't.

wtf?

I never stated this was a bug haha, I was just showing people on here how I had 2 very important game in 2 years and lost them both really annoyingly. It's not like I was playing well, I set the league record for points both season and won the cup by playing my 2nd starting XI.

It's your tactics! (This just happened as I read this thread, both in the same La Liga match).

[video=youtube_share;4N4yGNKkIrA]

It's at least the 3rd time I've seen the 1st goal happen. I've also had two own goals this season that cost me points (with two different keepers) that were on backpasses. The other was similar to the OP's except it was a slow header directly at the keeper and he just let it roll past him.

I wish I knew how to record in games, when I use the record it does nothing but my favorite so far was a pass back to my keeper in his area, he picked it up like normal, turned around and walked into his own net with the ball for an owl goal... I just sat stunned... why the hell did he do that? If I wasn't aware of the HUGE issues with goalkeepers I would have lost it, but I know this is a bug and I know it is being looked into, just would have loved to post it and share it with everyone.

I wish I knew how to record in games, when I use the record it does nothing but my favorite so far was a pass back to my keeper in his area, he picked it up like normal, turned around and walked into his own net with the ball for an owl goal... I just sat stunned... why the hell did he do that? If I wasn't aware of the HUGE issues with goalkeepers I would have lost it, but I know this is a bug and I know it is being looked into, just would have loved to post it and share it with everyone.

If you go back to that match and view the highlights you can turn it into a video relatively easily.. Can't remember the exact process off the top of my head but you should have a play around and see if you can do it that way...

I wish I knew how to record in games, when I use the record it does nothing

You can only use the record function when you're watching games back again after they've finished. Also, if you are recording snippets of matches, there is a minimum time for any recording, think it's around 15 seconds or so. Once you've recorded the bit you want, if you go to upload highlights then custom highlights, it'll be there.

yesterday I was playing and on 3D Match Engine, the Physio ran on the pitch infront of my goal and play continued and then the team playing against me scored, it's ludicrous :herman:

Glitch in the animation as far as I'm aware as it doesn't actually effect what your player is doing.

Also, to be a pedant, there is no "3D Match Engine" - it's the same for both 2D and 3D.

You can only use the record function when you're watching games back again after they've finished. Also, if you are recording snippets of matches, there is a minimum time for any recording, think it's around 15 seconds or so. Once you've recorded the bit you want, if you go to upload highlights then custom highlights, it'll be there.

yeah I got that far, then it says my youtube info is incorrect, which it isn't.

yeah I got that far, then it says my youtube info is incorrect, which it isn't.

Ah, that's because recently Google messed about with YouTube. You'll now have a secondary account on YouTube that FM uses to upload vidoes too. If you click on your username on YouTube and head to the settings option under 'Google Account', you will see under 'third party tools' a new address, probably ending in plusgoogle.com, it's that one you need to link FM to YouTube. If you haven't done so already, you'll also need to set up a password for that address. It's a pain in the ar$e at first, but once set up, it's fine.

Ah, that's because recently Google messed about with YouTube. You'll now have a secondary account on YouTube that FM uses to upload vidoes too. If you click on your username on YouTube and head to the settings option under 'Google Account', you will see under 'third party tools' a new address, probably ending in plusgoogle.com, it's that one you need to link FM to YouTube. If you haven't done so already, you'll also need to set up a password for that address. It's a pain in the ar$e at first, but once set up, it's fine.

Interesting, that was easy to do, I setup a password for the username it gave me and FM still says it is wrong. :)

and you were right, it ends with @pages.plusgoogle.com

I haven't seen this type of own goal, but the worst goal I did see was when my keeper picked up a ball, the opponent striker stayed right in front of him, the keeper tried to kick the ball, and it bounced off the striker for a 25 yard goal. No video unfortunately.

I had the same thing happen. My defender took the ball away from the other team and pass it back to the keeper. The keeper kicked it out to a centerback, the centerback came under pressure from the opposition, and he kicked the ball back to the keeper. The ball went in the net. The keeper just stood there and didn't try at all. How frustrating.

Archived