Its a Beautiful Day... Somewhere [FM14]

JerseyShoreDave

Once again I try to impose my will on FM14, with a new computer and OS.

Starting Setup

gM9ybmH.png

I waited until 2014 to get to something that wasn't immediately open and I came across this monstrocity.

When I checked out the Tactics, I 8 first team players available... Ballymore needs me.

nRQD9a1.png

Ballymore's History is void of trophies

ZvLsLKk.png

The League Table

eUbp0z4.png

With 10 games to go, 4 points out of relegation, 5 teams within 5 points of us... its not that bad... Moyola Park is in a no win situation IMHO. I did get the job for 250 pounds per week. They offered me 775 to keep them from relegation but I got rid of that since the club is broke. I'm bringing in a ton of players on frees to sort and go for broke with. I think I can succeed.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - March 2014

Jh718U6.png

vs. Killymoon - Went against the 4th best team and got really lucky not to give up more, we were truely barebones and outclassed in every way... our goal was a fluke...

vs. Tobermore Utd - Against another bottem half club we did a lot better, and it gave me some hope. Their goal came in injury time... could've should've... its frustrating.

vs. Glebe - We showed what we could do as my offensive players came into the team the impact was felt and this is the turning point so far. Surprised we were capable of this.

vs. PSNI - 3-3 comeback from behind tie against a top 5 team at the time...

iNTVtpp.png

Out of relegation for now. Surprised we got this far throwing players into a team.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - April 2014

8umUrVx.png

vs. Wakehurst - We started the month against 7th place Wakehurst and couldn't do much until we got 1 back in the 90th. Not a good showing.

vs. Newington - A solid win, it shows the potential of the team... granted they are a bottom half team... was Tommy's game to shine.

vs. Chimney Corner - We scored 3 in the first half, they scored twice and almost tied it up, we got lucky...

vs. Armagh - Wake up call... Armagh is tough. They just kicked our ass. It was a bad way to end the month.

O8rxnHq.png

With 2 games left we're 3 points out of relegation... I think we'll survive.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - May 2014

QxcHzZh.png

vs. Annagh United - We went down 3 in the first half, second half we got back 2, but it wasn't enough.

vs. Lurgan Celtic - Their manager hates me apparently and we needed at least a tie to secure our position in the league and instead we dominated the entire match... the perfect way to end the season

HFpCGfR.png

Ended up in 13th place, and had 2 close matches had gone a little better for us we could of gotten up to 10th, which was the media prediction at the start of the season.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - End of Season 2013-2014 season

Euro Competition Rankings - down 8 places to 81st

Additional kit Sponsor for 2 years @ 10k!

Initial budget 700 - Hopefully setting our expectations to mid table will help this out some.

Team Stats & Competition Results - Not much to say, we were out of all the cups before I arrived so I can't really comment on them.

Finances - At the moment we're golden, but at this level things can go bad fast. Hopefully we can attract more fans and make a cup run for some money.

Transfers - Had to fill the team fast, and overall we did well. Some players came in and got shown the door after being to lame for the team... doesn't matter with the majority of the majority of the players brought in were on no salary.

Senior Squad - Our team is quite good for our current league. All I want is some better backup strikers and better attacking midfielders which seem hard to come by in Northern Ireland.

Key Players

Neil Smith - My new goal keeper, a lot better then our previous one... but... he gave up 21 goals in 9 matches with 1 clean sheet... The 31 year old Northern Ireland player didn't impress... Good goal keepers don't want to come to us so far so we maybe stuck with him...

Tommy Elder - My best purchase... 7 goals in 8 matches with 3 assists and 1 POM. The 26 year old Northern Ireland native is our ticket to promotion.

Owen McAlynn - The 27 year old Northern Irish striker has been at the club for 4 years now. He had an injury plagued season before I arrived and after. He couldn't get match fit during my time at the club. In 21 matches he scored 7 goals with 4 assists and 1 POM. I'm willing to give him a chance up front under my leadership.

Chris Wilkinson - Our best performing midfielder has been a player here for 4 years now. The 29 year old Northern Irish midfielder had a great season in which he played 33 matches with 2 goals and 5 assists... and a club high 5 POMs for the season!

Liam Kearney - Our second best midfielder kept us in the thick of things this season, also a 4 year veteran and the longest serving member of the team he did his part, unfortunately he doesn't want to sign a new contract so we're sending him on his way. In 29 matches, he scored 5 goals, with 5 assists...

Young Stars

Kieran Crothers - We brought the 15 year old Northern Irish defender too the club and he turned out too be good enough for the first team. He played in 8 matches, had an assist with an average rating of 6.63. He can only get better from here.

Cieran Crawford - The 16 year old Northern Irish defender was the last signing of the previous manager and he did well too, considering his age. 8 matches with an average rating of 6.51.

Thoughts

I'm hoping for a mid level finish for the club at the minimum. We're looking for some Midfielders, Attacking midfielders and some more strikers to round things up. We have 4 wage players whom we're seeking to sell so can attract some more talent. If not I'm not that concerned, I think once the team knows my tactics better and after a good preseason we'll be off on the right foot and see where things fall.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - Pre-Season 2014-2015 season

Our Pitch Size is the smallest it can be now.

Transfers - Everyone on wages who we wanted to sell... got sold! Strengthened the team, all we need is time together.

Pre-season Preview - 6-1 Odds and 6th place prediction I believe is doable.

Preseason Fixtures

rjJW4JX.png

vs. Coleraine - Our parent club where the manager hates me got what they deserved in their loss to us. Was a very competitive match. We're in C2, they're in the Premier League of Northern Ireland... we have talent.

vs. H & W Welders - They're 1 League above us in C1, and kicked our butt until Darren Coyle scored 3 goals in 3 minutes in the 82nd... We still lost but that display was awesome.

vs. Carrick - Everything went wrong defensively... and our offense wasn't good enough for the win. Should be noted that they are a Premier League club.

vs. Dunmurry Rec - The non league amateur side proved too much at first as they had 3-2 lead at half time so we put in Tommy Elder who has been injured for all the other preseason matches and he helped out our second string guys come out on top.

Pre-Season Thoughts

Not bad, not the best either.

I believe we'll be top half of the table, maybe in line for a title... We're around our max budget right now, which is good. If we get a good cup run it'll definitely help. We're scoring many goals... but conceding many too... C2 will be fun this season

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - August 2014-2015 Results

r4bKWrR.png

vs. Lurgan Celtic - Our best formation with our best players took them out nicely, we came back from 1 goal down to make a solid win away.

vs. Armagh - Tougher than expected, we could of easily lost this match, Coyle was the man.

vs. Tobermore Utd. - League Cup 1st Round - They're in our league but took this cup lighter than we did, our B team showed them how its done.

vs. Rasharkin - Steel & Sons Cup 2nd Round - Lower Leaguers gave us a run for our money in the first half... only led them 2-1 at half time and they scored the first goal in the 4th minute... we brought in a few subs in the 75th and things happened nicely...

August Table - Currently in 3rd place... Coyle is one of the top scorers in the league.

Notes:

Last year the club lost 12k... no surprise.

Season Ticket Sales are the same at 37.

We have had to give some players better contracts to keep them from other prying clubs... thankfully no wages involved just appearance fees.

So far we had a great start to the season, too early to tell if we're the real deal

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - September 2014-2015 Results

4rWG0rG.png

vs. Moyola Park - Steel & Sons Cup 3rd Round - Lower Division Club - Wow didn't expect such a close game given they were relegated at the end of last season... Our offense was wonderful but as usual our defense... was awful.

vs. Banbridge - They're in the relegation zone, yet still put 3 in our net... we won it in the 84th... not the best victory.

vs. Wakehurst - League Cup 2nd Round - They're top dogs this season in our division and it shows, we got the win in the 91st...

vs. Dundela - At least we won by 2... and Coyle got a hat trick!

vs. Killyleagh - Steel & Sons Cup 4th round - They're in our division and played like it... 16 year old Glenn Arthurs got a hat trick, proving his talent...

League Table

Still in 3rd place, and Darren Coyle is top goal scorer.

Thoughts

I'm modifying my defensive tactics... this is crazy. We lost an amateur attacking midfielder and got a better one to replace... so its fine. If we can get our defense better I think we can push for the title... or at least 1 more spot to get promoted.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - October 2014-2015 Results

AczVulA.png

vs. Tobermore Utd - Fell behind early but we shot back to make it 2-1 by half time, in the end they couldn't get the job done.

vs. Killyleagh - This was more of a battle then it should of been. The slugfest was 4-4 at half time, second half was all us...

vs. Portstewart - Finally a clean sheet! Was a good match for us.

vs. Bangor - Steel & Sons Cup Quarter Final - We played a C1 team... went down 3-0 in the first half and in the second half our comeback almost happened... but we ran out of time. Our first loss of the season, but wasn't bad considering most of the squad in the match weren't the A team.

vs. Glebe - Solid win against a good team... very happy.

vs. Cliftonville - League Cup 3rd Round - Cliftonville was at the time of this match first place in the Premier league. We took the 2-0 lead by the 14th minute... by the 75th minute it was 2-2 until Glenn Arthur's winning shot gave us the most unlikely of wins!

vs. Newington - They're last place in the League and it showed with McAlynn's hat trick. Total domination except for giving up the penalty kick.

October Table

We're in first place!

Notes

Our first choice goal keeper is coming back from injury after 2 months out so hopefully that will lower the goals from the opposition.

Having to resign a couple non contract players to wages is hurting us... we're full of transfer targets at this point.

can I ask how you get just the month's results into a small screenshot like that, rather than the whole page.

thanks, well done by the way! you're doing very well!

Thanks Clarky323... the only weakness of my computer so too speak is my crappy monitor, its 1440 X 900 resolution... I think that's why its going to be smaller on other computers with more resolution. If I'm wrong someone else can post and correct me

Thanks Clarky323... the only weakness of my computer so too speak is my crappy monitor, its 1440 X 900 resolution... I think that's why its going to be smaller on other computers with more resolution. If I'm wrong someone else can post and correct me

no I didn't mean that, I meant I am doing a career update thread, but when I take a screenshot of the fixtures page, it gets the whole page so when I do a monthly update, it will show results/fixtures from other months.

if you look at my pic, you might know what I mean:

https://imageshack.com/i/5sno92p

no I didn't mean that, I meant I am doing a career update thread, but when I take a screenshot of the fixtures page, it gets the whole page so when I do a monthly update, it will show results/fixtures from other months.

if you look at my pic, you might know what I mean:

https://imageshack.com/i/5sno92p

I use Microsoft Paint and cut it out and save it.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - November 2014-2015 Results

WZpKVQS.png

vs. Magherafelt - Intermediate Cup 1st Round - Wow only 1 early goal against these non leaguers... sure we won... but not by much...

vs. PSNI - Number 1 vs. Number 2 and we were outplayed and lost 2-1 for our first League loss of the season. They are a great team for this level.

vs. Annagh - At the time we played they were 4th, took a 3-0 lead by half time... We got 2 back but it was way to little to late. We were honestly outplayed and lost all the mojo we use to have.

vs. Dollingstown - We came back from behind for 1-1 tie against a bottom 5 club with a late sub... we're drowning in the league at the moment.

vs. Wellington Rec - Intermediate Cup 2nd Round - The non leaguers took a 2-0 lead on use in just 10 minutes... we picked up quick with mostly our backups doing the work. Was nice to see 6 goals.

vs. Wakehurst - At the time we played they were third place and we were second place... one of our defenders got a red card early and screwed up the close match we had...

vs. Tandragee - Irish Cup 2nd Round - we were down again 2-0 in 20 minutes... and was losing 2-1 by half time... In the second half of regular time we tied it 2-2... and then in extra time we got 2 goals in 2 minutes for the victory...

November Table

Solidly in third place for now.

Thoughts

Thinking of putting my second best goalie back in goal cause I think he did better, in light of our league performances.

Glen Arthurs made his Northern Ireland Under 19s debut against Albania and scored his first goal for his country!

All isn't lost yet... we're still in 3/4 of the cups and we're in 3rd place... we just need our mojo back.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - December 2014-2015 Results

JAuGR2D.png

vs. Ballyclare - Won it at the last minute, wasn't a good performance but we won

vs. Armagh - League Cup Quarter Final - We took our fellow C2 rivals and beat them decisively in the cup, very nice result.

vs. East Belfast - Irish Cup 3rd Round - The non-leaguers put up a hell of a fight... We were down 3-1 at half time... at the end of regular time 4-4... and then McKane pulled off the win! Interesting how they provide us with the largest crowd we played in front of this season... 244.

vs. Chimney Corner - Darren Coyle played well, but so did our opponents... Wilkinson pulled out the come from behind tie to get us a point.

vs. Lurgan Celtic - Yet another come from behind tie featuring the best of the A team... was pretty good offensively... defensively we were awful. At least we got a point.

vs. Armagh - Second time this month we play them, its a bit closer but we still come out in front...

vs. Dungannon Reserves - Intermediate Cup 3rd Round - In front of 19 fans we beat the non-leaguers 2-1 after extra time thanks to Tommy Elder's brace. Its nice to see him overcome his injuries.

C2 League Table for December

In 3rd place just 3 points behind.

Thoughts

Other teams are keep on trying to take away key players who don't have contracts... we can't afford much to keep players... its getting annoying. Already lost players.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - January 2014-2015 Results

vJgJBi9.png

vs. Banbridge - We did well, up too the 75th when we started getting tired... but we managed to only give up 1 goal.

vs. Dundela - We were lucky to get the win, they played us off the field... lucky 3 points.

vs. Glentoran - Irish Cup 4th Round - We lost a close contest again a Premier League side, we were competitive. Had things gone well and had we not lost Armstrong it could of made all the difference.

vs. Killyleagh - When the opposition gets 2 Penalties against you... you know its not your day, but we eeked out this performance.

vs. Donard - Intermediate Cup 4th Round - We lost to this non-league side in Penalties.... It was quite the epic Shootout... We lost 11-12 at home!

C2 January Table

Back in 1st place!

Thoughts

The cup losses are aggravating, but I'm still in the semifinals of the League Cup, and the most important thing is that we're on target to get promoted.

Lost an Attacking midfielder cause we couldn't pay 80/wk. Got in a 17 year old replacement who is half as good.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - February 2014-2015 Results

3L41VHy.png

vs. H & W Welders - League Cup Semi Finals - The C1 Team is in 1st place in their division but against us played like amateurs... especially their offense... Great win... we're in the finals!

vs. Tobermore United - Our 2 Top strikers hook up again to win this for us... its a tougher match but the score makes its tougher than it was... we hit the woodwork too much in this battle.

vs. Portstewart - Was a great victory once more... Arthurs and Coyle score. We're in the drivers seat still.

vs. Glebe - Their manager hates my guts... and it shows how we barely won thanks to Hynds' hat trick and his final goal in the 86th minute followed by Arthurs' 88th minute goal.

C2 February Table

In first by 2 points!

Thoughts...

Other clubs with money are targeting us still... Had 4 players stolen cause I can't afford to pay them what they're worth.

Outside of that we're on really good form right now.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - March 2014-2015 Results

9n4Pu4X.png

vs. PSNI - 1st Place vs. 2nd Pace... They hit us early, we strike back... we win. Not a bad performance.

vs. Newington - 1st Place vs. 16th place... Coyle gets a hat trick, great performance... everyone else... subpar. 2 points lost here.

vs. Annagh United - We played a top half team that shut out our strikers... but our central defender got 2 headers for the tie.

C2 March Table

In first place by 1 point.

Thoughts

Lost 2 more players, got 1 replacement so far.

On the bright side we had a good youth intake for this level. Next season will be fun.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - April 2014-2015 Results

n9TLnQE.png

vs. Coleraine - League Cup Final - My first televised match as manager, and it was a memorial one... it was a battle and we battled better than expected. 2-2 at half time 3-3 after 90 minutes and extra time brought us the second penalty shoot out of the season which we again lost 14-15. Great match against the 3rd best team in the country.

vs. Wakehurst - Another battle against one of the top teams in our league... won it in the 91st minute...

vs. Ballyclare - Lame match, 1 goal and they never posed a threat... as it should be.

akqQecG.png

C2 April Table - 4 point lead and 2 matches left can we get the club's first title?

Thoughts

Self Explanatory!

sWWjmuL.png

We're promoted, got a new 2 year contract...now we just need money...

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - May 2014-2015 Results

7jt2EcN.png

vs. Dollingstown - We just played the best team we could field and with this victory won our first silverware! Last minute win here.

vs. Chimney Corner - Went 2 up in the first half, second half they scored one but couldn't get another... it was a moot point anyways.

End of Season C2 Table

Thoughts

We achieved promotion! Need to prep for harder competition next season.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C2 - 2014-2015 End of Season Results

Season States & Competition Summary - Just conceded too many goals.

The Finances - 60k in the hole... and with the money the board is giving me for C1 I'll be even more in the red.

The Transfers - Making the team my own. Lost 7 players that weren't on contract to other clubs because I didn't have the budget to pay them. We still succeeded though. Will probably be big fluxes in the team till we begin dominating the Premier League.

The Squad - Its looking good at this point, not sure how many additions we'll make... I want attacking midfielders and at least 1 more Goalkeeper.

Top Sponsorship in C2 - Can't tell you how we were the top one... but we were thanks to a secondary kit sponsorship...

C2 Season Review

Key Players

Paul Wells - Our 22 year old Northern Ireland Goalkeeper is now our #1. He played in 31 matches conceding 56 goals. Not the best but he's young and could still get better.

Kieran Crothers - Our 16 year old Northern Ireland defender had a great season! In 38 total appearances he scored 4 goals... Also got 2 yellows and a BS red card... overall he had 6.90 ratings. He can Only get better from here.

Chris Wilkinson - Our best midfielder, In 33 appearances he got 12 goals and 16 assists with an average rating of 7.13. Funny thing is he's supposed to be a good defender... but I don't buy it.

Glenn Arthurs - Our 16 year old Northern Irish International Striker debuted for his country. He scored 22 goals in 30 appearances for us, got a single yellow card, and had an average rating of 7.21. I guess internationals 19 n under don't get counted...

Darren Coyle - I'll never be able to understand how his former club let me have him for 0... But our 23 year old Irish Striker played in 34 matches scoring 31 goals... he got 2 yellow cards and 1 red card with an average rating of 7.60.

Trevor McLernon Our 34 year old Northern Irish defender has been the captain of the team since my arrival... Due to his lack of playing time he's retired. He played in 19 total matches scoring a goal, he did had 7 assists and had a respectable 6.77 average rating. I'm hoping to get him as a coach.

Thoughts

Did Well for the season... depending on what the board gives me... we'll see what kind of team I can build.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 Pre-Season Results

Season Odds - 8th Place Prediction, 6-1 odds

European Competition Ratings - Top flight of Northern Irish Football fell 5 spots to 86th!

Coefficients Table

Season Expectations - Mid Table Finish chosen.

Preseason Transfers - 5 in 1 out...

oonYDUQ.png

vs. Albert Foundry - The amateur side took us to the limit... not bad for our first friendly of the season.

vs. Coleraine - Our parent club got their clocks cleaned... always good to beat a Premier League side.

vs. Sirocco Works - We beat the amateur side using every substitute available... could of been better.

vs. Dollingstown - We won this nicely, 1 shot on goal against us we cruised to victory.

Thoughts

I'm happy with the intake of players, we failed to bring in 3 players.

We have 1200 pounds available in wages if needed to keep players at the club.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 August Results

2x7EcQq.png

vs. Coagh United - We played well for the win, did well defensively. New players are fulling their weight.

vs. Bangor - We played well till the 60th or so then we gave up 2 goals in the last 15 minutes. Lucky for the point.

vs. Dergview - League Cup 1st Round - The C2 side put up a good fight, at half time the score was 3-2 but we pull it off with McAlynn's goal solidifying the victory.

vs. Killyeagh - Steel & Sons Cup 2nd Round - The C2 side never was in the match offensively... we barely got the goal we got. Great defensive side.

C1 August Table - 5th place but its early in the season

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 September Results

xjMG5t1.png

vs. Ballymena Utd - Co. Antrim Shield 1st Round - Lame performance from both sides, but we took out a Premier League side to get to the next round.

vs. Churchill Utd - Steel & Sons Cup 3rd Round - The non leaguers almost pushed the game to extra time... We got the late goal for the win.

vs. Larne - Co. Antrim Shield Quarter Final - We absolutely dominated Larne... it wasn't even a contest.

vs. Ballinamallard United - Surprisingly easy match. We gave up 2 magnificient goals, but to scored 5 against them was very impressive.

vs. Dundela - League Cup 2nd Round - The C2 side couldn't handle McAlynn who scored 4 in the first half before getting a knock. Great match defensively.

vs. Loghgall - 3-3 slugfest that we should of won, but gave up the late tying goal...

vs. Ards Rangers - Steel & Sons Cup 4th Round - The Non Leaguers took it too us, and in the 85th took the lead and kept... knocking us out of the cup. Talk about completely unexpected and whatnot... The schedule is tough this time of year and this match shows it.

vs. Larne - The schedule caught up with us as this wasn't the 5-2 result earlier in the month... We couldn't get anything happening in this match and our team was well placed too.

C1 September Table - We're in 4th place!

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 October Results

mJlb6py.png

vs. Warrenpoint - We didn't play bad, but our offense needs to kick it up a few notches, at least we got a point.

vs. Distillery - I'm not sure if some of the boy had Distilled Liquor after 60 minutes.... we played awful after that point.

vs. Cliftonville - Co. Antrim Shield Semifinals - The Premier side was dominated by us, considering how we've been playing overall it was a surprise.

vs. Carrick - League Cup 3rd Round - Awful against the Premier side. 4 goals against us in the first half...

vs. H & W Welders - Not a good match from either side... an 11th minute penalty against us was the decider.

vs. Donegal Celtic - Intermediate Cup 1st Round - We did better, we won, it wasn't fancy but it got the result.

C1 October Results - 7th Place in the League

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 November Results

KSdcVoF.png

vs. Institute - Darren Coyle led the way with his second half hat trick to crush them 6-2... finally scoring like we should be.

vs. Queens University - Co. Antrim Shield Final - No one gave us a shot to win this one... but led by Owen McAlynn's hat trick we won in style.

vs. Limavady - Lame match where the opposition scored in the first minute and no one did much of anything afterwards...

vs. Ards Rangers - Intermediate Cup 2nd Round - We face the same foes that knocked out of the Steel & Sons cup in September... they scored first but then we settled down and got the win.

vs. Knockbreda - Tough match that took a lucky strike in the 90th to get the tie.

C1 November Table - 9th Place!

Thoughts

We won a shield and

rTn060g.png

Could be worse...

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 December Results

4Sy2ukd.png

vs. Donegal Celtic - Mark Holland's hat trick was the equalizer.

vs. H & W Welders - Irish Cup 3rd Round - What a slugfest as Kyle Cherry gets the winner in the 89th... Well played match the opposition got deadly towards the end.

vs. PSNI - They got promoted with us from C2... we should of lost this as were down 5-0 but Darren Coyl started his goals in the 79, then 88th... We got an own goal in the 90th... Mark Holland got his goal in the 91st and Darren completed his hat trick in the 96th... 3 injuries between the 3 teams and each team getting a red card added to the games hostile atmosphere.

vs. Coagh Utd - Worst team in the league never played like it... We were in the thick of the match the entire time... Darren Coyle gets another hat trick as we come out on top of this battle 6-5. No team was ever more than 1 goal ahead of the other...

vs. UUJ - Intermediate Cup 3rd Round - The amateur side took it too us as many have this season, we eeked out a victory in the 93rd.

C1 December Table - 6th Place!

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 January Results

zyPj7PA.png

vs. Ballinamallard Utd - Great win, flowing football.... really pleased.

vs. Bangor - We were down 1-0 at halftime... then in the second half we took over and had a great match.

vs. Larne - Irish Cup 4th Round - We came back in the 81st minute with an 8 minute brace for the comeback tie in an otherwise horrid match.

vs. Larne - Irish Cup 4th Round REPLAY - 4 days later with a revamped team we ensured our victory by outscoring our opponents to get to the 5th round

vs. Draperstown - Intermediate Cup 4th Round - Solid victory over the amateur club to end the month with a nice win.

C1 January Table - Up to 5th place!

And in news:

hMaBJST.png

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 February Results

EKR9b1W.png

vs. Loughgall - Mark Holland's Hat Trick saved the day for us as we came back from behind for the win.

vs. Warrenpoint - They're in the relegation zone and it showed... we dominated but only got 2 goals.

vs. Larne - They've been pretty much in first place all season. This match was very competitive, at half time it was 2-2... McAlynn got the late winner.

vs. Augher Stars - Irish Cup 5th Round - Tough defense for the Non-Leaguers... McAlynn finally broke the defense in the 74th and we coasted into the next round.

vs. Distillery - Solid win as both Coyle and Holland score for us.

vs. Dundela - Intermediate Cup Quarter Final - Our retiring attacking midfielder got the only goal against the C2 team. Tough match again.

vs. Institute - Another lower team that couldn't do much against us, Coyle proving he's our top striker once again.

C1 February Table Second place, 1 point, 2 goals behind.

Thoughts

Doing great obviously, lost our backup striker Elder to Distillery with his refusal to get a part time contract... it happens, we'l endure.

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 March Results

9rmKVxh.png

vs. H & W Welders - Slugfest that ended up in a tie, at least we got a point.

vs. Cliftonville - Irish Cup Quarter Final - Not sure what I can say to this my first 0-0 game in this save against Premiership competition... replay to come.

vs. Lamavady - We ran away with this and still let them get 3 goals, but we won and Coyle nets another hat trick.

vs. Warrenpoint - Intermediate Cup Semi final - C1 relegation candidate lost to us in Penalties after retiring attacking midfielder Noel Robinson struck the tying goal to make it 1-1. We won in penalties 3-5

vs. Cliftonville - Irish Cup Quarter Final Replay - Fielding a better team this time we got the 2-1 win. Match was average and they didn't play well again.

vs. PSNI - Our defense kept PSNI down to 1 goal, we weren't that great but still got the 3 points.

C1 March Table - First place by 1 goal differential. 1 point in the final 2 league matches ensures promotion.

Youth Candidates - Not many who will make the first team

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 April Results

lwuJFfA.png

vs. Portadown - Irish Cup Semi final - We played the best team in the Premier League and lost with our backup squad, it wasn't a bad outing though, securing 1st place was our top priority. Portadown won the Premier League.

vs. Knockbreda - 1st place vs. 2nd place. Great match we played well and took first place as a result of this match, Holland's brace was crucial to the win.

vs. Loughgall - Intermediate Cup Final - Our backup team won this for us, it wasn't a priority but we got the win in the 86th minute when Neill finally scored a goal after 25 hours of none.

vs. Donegal Celtic - We needed just a tie to ensure first place but outside of the first half penalty we got we were never in the match. Thankfully Knockbreda lost their match 1-0 giving us the title.

C1 Final Table - Winners by 3 points, and 4 goals.

Surpised a bit by:

LgQ0R5L.png

wDTc0hf.png

Our takeover amounted to nothing...

ODErwm4.png

CXbnDgj.png

wAfOICQ.png

We had a great season... now to build a team for the Premier League

Ballymoney United - Belfast Telegraph C1 - 2015-2016 Season Results

Team Stats & Competitions - Nothing much changed with team stats... In competitions we won 2 Cups and the C1 League Title.

Championship 1 Review - We we were the over achievers thanks to top goal scorer and assist leader Darren Coyle.

Finances - We have almost 98k in debt and are current 2272 in the red...

New Sponsorships - In the end we end up with about 10k more in sponsorships a year.

Transfers - Our intakes were decent, we got a few good players... nothing earth shattering. Our outtakes included a few loans for disgruntled players and a few free transfers and Tommy Elder getting swiped from us. Thankfully all but 2 remaining players are on part time contracts.

The Squad - Needs to be better to challenge for the Premier League title. I don't think we'll get relegated.

Key Players

Paul Wells - Our 23 year old Northern Ireland first choice goal keeper didn't have a great year. He played in 30 matches, allowed 51 goals, with 7 clean sheets and an average rating of 6.56. Our quest for a great keeper goes on.

Bryan Young - Our 17 year old Northern Irish central defender was the best one of the year. The 6 foot 5 inch 200 pound defender is a beast. In 27 matches he scored twice with 1 assist and 2 POM honors with an average rating of 7.09. Looking forward to him getting better.

Mark McNicholl - Our 37 year old attacking midfielder was our best in that position. In 28 matches he scored 13 goals, took all 5 penalty kicks and converted them, had 12 assists, an 1 POM honor with an average rating of 7.03. Despite his age he maybe good for a little while yet... we'll see since good attacking midfielders are hard to come by at this level so far in the save.

Mark Holland - Our other 37 year old Attacking midfielder/stirker had a great season as well. In 29 total matches he scored 18 goals, with 12 assists and 8 POM honors with an average rating of 7.38. Hopefully he'll play this well in the new league for a bit more.

Matthew Hynds - Our 22 year old attacking midfielder/Striker had a great year too... the giant 6'5" 205 pound man. In 31 matches he scored 14 goals with 13 assists with an average rating of 7.15. I hope he'll get better and continue to thrive in this league for many years to come.

Owen McAlynn - Our 29 year old back up striker is the reason why we won 2 cups this season. In 19 matches he got 15 goals with 1 assist and 2 POMs. He had an average rating of 7.17. He played as well as I could of hoped for.

Darren Coyle - Our 24 year old Striker was the C1 Players of the Year & Top Goal Scorer. In 31 appearance he scored 24 times with 16 assists and 7 POM performances for an average rating of 7.35. His contract expires June 30th and he's NOT interested in a new contract... will never have another player like him for 35/week. It will be tough to replace him.

Noel Robinson Our 38 year old attacking midfielder didn't play in the league this season but played in the cups. He scored 5 very important goals for us in 11 appearances with 1 assist and 2 POM performances for an average rating of 6.93. I would of gotten him as a coach had he not wanted 600/week. Robinson's career summary

Thoughts

Hoping Coyle will sign a new contract.

Getting better attacking midfielders.

Hopefully get top half before the split off for a chance at Europa League money.

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - 2016-2017 PreSeason & August Results

Premiership Odds - Last Place 300-1 odds.

Season Expectations Avoid relegation, 4200k/week salary

Northern Ireland's Competition Ranking - Up 7 to 79th!

Season Ticket Sales - Up 2 to 39!

LwWPV4i.png

vs. Rosario - Pre Season Friendly - Lousy performance for the team. Too many new people coming into the fold to learn my system.

vs. PSNI - Pre Season Friendly - We both got promoted to C1 2 seasons ago, we got promoted they didn't but in this match they won...

vs. Coleraine - One of the few times we didn't score even a single goal. Bad performance.

vs. Ballymena Utd - Sean Southam's hat trick was the story of the win. Overall pretty good performance.

vs. Cliftonville - Rooney's brace kept us in the match, surprised we got a point out of it.

vs. Crusaders - We should of won this one... between the red card and the penalty kick not given... we lost 2 points in a bad way.

vs. Glenavon - One of my favorite picks for the title. We took a 2-0 lead by the 24th minute and everything unraveled after that.

vs. Ards - Solid victory, we played well in the match. Happy too see James Wilson... Coyle's replacement getting his first goal.

vs. PSNI - Co. Antrim Shield 1st Round - Rooney's hat trick led us to victory against the C1 team. we played a lot better this time, and made it to the next round.

Danske Bank Premiership August Table - We're midtable in 6th place.

Thoughts

We lost Coyle, he refused to resign and the weird thing is... he's unemployed...

We brought in a lot of players, have 10 players we'd like to offload but no one will take 'em.

We're just under the salary cap.

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - September 2016-2017 Results

vuXktMK.png

vs. Cliftonville - Co. Antrim Shield Quarter Final - We fought hard but we got destroyed by our opponents who are tops in the league.

vs. Carrick - Thought we could pull it but couldn't... was disappointing hitting the wood work 3x.

vs. Carrick - League Cup 2nd Round - Tried a different lineup... same result... wood word 3x again...

vs. Portadown - The current Premier League Champions went down to us early in the first half... just before halftime they tied it up... my strategic substitutes made things worse...

vs. Dungannon - 2 substitutes scored 4 times in a half hour... great win to keep us out of the bottom 2.

Danske Premier League September Table - 8th place... I don't think I'll end up under 10th unless I'm really really bad... Got eliminated from 2 cups... only have the Irish Cup to play for. Got a new keeper, been playing him... so far worse then the last one... can't catch a break sometimes

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - October 2016-2017 Results

1Ens8JY.png

vs. Linfield - Tough comeback from behind victory for the point.

vs. Glentoran - Not a good day again at home... Not a shot on goal.

vs. Coleraine - Current League leaders killed us going up 2 goals in 10 minutes... 1 Shot on goal, 1 goal is all we could muster. Team morale is the lowest its ever been.

Dansk Premier League October Results - Fell to 10th place... 4 points out of relegation...

Thoughts

Tough Month playing against 3 top 5 teams...

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - November 2016-2017 Results

QPmKP6N.png

vs. Ballymena - Decent result against a mid-level team. Had the 2-0 lead and blew it.

vs. Cliftonville - Great result against one of the leagues best clubs... Glenn Arthurs nailed it with his brace.

vs. Crusaders - Disappointed in the end result, I feel we should of beaten them... 1 point is better than none though.

vs. Ards - Great match of the fans... James Wilson got a hat trick and we still could only come back from behind for the tie in the 60th. They're most likely finishing last in the league.

November Table Results - 9th place but can still push for a mid table finish...

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - December 2016-2017 Results

c1Ep9cF.png

vs. Glenavon - Surprise win thanks to Wilson's 2 minute brace. great match.

vs. Carrick - Come back from behind tie... should of lost this one but we'll take the point.

vs. Portadown - Went down 2 goals in the first half before we tied it all up in the 76th. We tied the league leaders!

vs. Linfield - Great match got lucky with the goal, one of the rare shutouts.

vs. Dungannon - Even though they're in relegation they played like a better team, we almost lost the lead, well earned 3 points.

vs. Glentoran - Tough match, we lost but fought it well. Second half was painful.

Dansk Bank Premier League - December Table - 8th place doing well!

Thoughts

Did well this month.

Mr Coyle our former beast Striker... at age 24... RETIRED...

I don't understand him turning down 250 a week to stay at the beginning of the season.

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - January 2016-2017 Results

wPFncC2.png

vs. Coleraine - Got nailed by a top 3 club without a response... not surprising.

vs. Cliftonville - Glenn Arthurs hat trick couldn't lead us to victory as we fell hard 6-3.

vs. Ballymena Utd - Come from behind tie giving us the point.

vs. Distillery - Irish Cup 4th Round - I'm glad I decided to use the A team for this match. As the 1st Place C1 team gave us a run for the money. Off to the 5th round!

vs. Crusaders - We're scoring a ton of goals but giving up too many as well... but we'll take 3 points anyday. Surprised to see the Crusaders scoring so many goals considering they're just outside relegation.

vs. Ards - Close win against the last place team. Another 3 points keeping us in good position.

Danske Bank Premier January Table - 7th place

Good job with what was a tough job at the start. Nice to see someone playing the Northern Irish leagues, even if you did beat my hometown Ballyclare twice!

Thank you very much, Ballyclare is still in C2, currently in second place... they are only in 2nd place by goal differential as 4 different teams are battling for 2nd. I ended up playing here cause it was the only league where someone hired me. Its tougher than it looks, the players aren't all that though... it's going to get interesting once I push towards Europe.

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - February 2016-2017 Results

RCVPH7E.png

vs. Carrick - Not a good match at all... played bad all around, not a good way to start the month.

vs. Banbridge - Irish Cup 5th Round - Got clobbered 6-1 by a C2 team... didn't think my backup players were that bad...

vs. Glenavon - At lease the match was competitive, still loss though.

vs. Linfield - We had the lead the whole match, mostly by a single goal and somehow managed to win it. What a match!

Danske Premier League February Table - solidly in 9th.

Ballymoney United - Danske Bank Premiership - March 2016-2017 Results

TSqd7Ab.png

vs. Portadown - We tied the league leaders 3-3 in a great match that saw Arthurs' score a brace. We led 2-1 at half time...

vs. Glentoran - Tight match that saw Sean Southam get a hat trick. We we were always trailing or tying it up... the right result.

vs. Dungannon - Surprising result but the correct one, both teams tried and failed.

Danske Bank Premier League - March - - 9th place... now gotta play each of the other 5 bottom teams in the next month to determine final positioning.

Thoughts

Youth Intake - Potential is there...

Archived