Can't arrange friendlies - ever team is "too busy"

Pretty much as I've said in the title. My U21's aren't in a league, meaning I have a lot of bench and fringe players needing match fitness.

I can't arrange friendlies with ANY team, whether they be league U21 teams OR smaller clubs without a league or a fixture.

http://i.imgur.com/L4IKT5q.png

http://i.imgur.com/XrdTGxa.png

They all return the same message when I propose the friendly.

This is really frustrating, is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

When you go into your fixtures, and then arrange friendly, all the options you get should be available.

That was my understanding anyway. I've never had a team reject a friendly proposal.

You're just coming up with a work around.

The fact is I used to be able to arrange friendlies, even extra friendlies with my u21 side. It doesn't matter WHAT team I propose a friendly to, from obscure rep teams (who have NO fixtures) to other u21 sides, they all reject claiming to be too busy...

I had this issue as well, you will be able to arrange them during the first transfer deadline in January for a brief time but not at any other time. You should post this save in the bugs section for looking at, it MUST be a bug because I too try it and even when I attempt to schedule with another u21 that has no matches at all it is rejected. This should not happen.

There's always been periods of the year where other teams are more open to the idea of proposed friendlies. Though it does sound like it's a bug or a bit too difficult to arrange, if they also have no fixtures (but the AI might assume they can't host friendlies during the season).

For normal procedure, arrange your friendlies early in the Summer, before your players even come back from their break (this also means you can get the jump on setting up your desired friendlies/tours). You can do it before you get next season's calendar, just load the fixture list and arrange the friendlies.

Have to agree with the above. At that stage of the season teams have already planned their fixtures and are unlikely to be available. Even clubs with no fixtures, at that point if they wanted fixutres then they would already have them in-place. It's very late to be aranging friendlies. I always try and get them as soon as the previous season finishes

Have to agree with the above. At that stage of the season teams have already planned their fixtures and are unlikely to be available. Even clubs with no fixtures, at that point if they wanted fixutres then they would already have them in-place. It's very late to be aranging friendlies. I always try and get them as soon as the previous season finishes

I would think this is a bug if only because the AI is not setting up friendlies for an awful lot of teams at any point in the year. There are a lot of teams with no games at all for their reserve squad but they have players in them, and none of the reserve squads make any friendlies at all. You would think at least some of them would make a few friendlies for the players they have in their reserves from time to time? As of now, they make none and if you have a reserve squad with no games, you are pretty much stuck that way unless you happen to catch the brief window in which you can make a few friendlies.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem. Did you find a way to repair this issue?

Nope, and it didn't get fixed either. Basically your first season is a bust, just get into the U21's league the next season.

Why would you not accept your Under 21's in to the league? Now that's just silly.

Also when you are asking for friendlies, are you putting home or away as the match? try having the match away for your club so the other club doesn't have to travel. Also how about clubs in your own clubs country?

• 1 month later...

I had this also, I wanted to go on a tour of the USA, then Australia, but all the teams were busy due to their own fixture list, but also, In real life, European Clubs play against each other in USA and sometimes Australia, how do we set these up in the game, or this a market that can be done for FM15???

• 1 month later...

Same issue here. I'm playing with accrington and my under 21's have no league to ply in either and no team will play friendlies with them. I've heard about the 'invite' to play in an under 21 league but not received any such invite.

does anyone have any solutions to this stuff? would be appreciated.

It fixes itself after some time, or at least it has in my recent saves. I've been able to arrange friendlies for the U21's since about midway through first season. From that point on it seems to work properly i.e like it always used to - you get given lists of teams that will accept a friendly. Just the first half of the first season that is bugged for some reason.

As for the question of why you wouldn't enter your U21 team in a league, I never do because league fixtures have restrictions on selection. The only use I have for a reserve team is to keep my fringe players fit and these players are often too old and thus not eligible for the U21 league. There are no restrictions in friendlies.

• 1 month later...

Sure, you are probably managing top level teams, try those feom lowest divisions, and you will face the same problem.

I always pick the weakest possible teams to manage, (like to play the game on hardest level, the challenge is greater), and I am having the same problem with arranging friendlies, which are useful to try my reserve 1st team players out, and increase their match fitness.

Isn't there some option or possibility to FILTER out teams which are actually willing to accept friendlies at all?

I managed to have the opposite problem in my current year. For some inexplicable reason, both the reserves and U-20 leagues were condensed into one half of the season. 38 matches in just four months for both teams, 76 in total!! If that was not bad enough, any time either side had a rest of four or five days, the manager would arrange a friendly. I ended up separating about 20 men for the first-team and never dropping them down for a reserve game, because once they went down into that black hole there was no way back.

Anyone else suffered this problem?

Archived