[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack

Andrew Haines

[RELEASED] Stadium Backgrounds - MyPack - version 3.0 now available - updated 24/10/2017

For a number of years (about 5 I think), I have been working on this pack. A year ago I posted it up online and it seems to be popular so I have released regular updates. It contains images for over a thousand clubs and international sides across the world. Each team has an image for the club reflecting the exterior of the stadium and another for the interior often during a match. For the Exterior images I try to get images giving a bit of flavour for things going on around the stadium. Fans going to the game is my favourite but also just local life around the stadium.

Screenshots

59ef9841b903c_Screenshot2017-10-2420_23_56.thumb.jpg.ef57cb24b0d4118e617d9474499537df.jpg

Barcelona 

59ef9848ed107_Screenshot2017-10-2420_24_37.thumb.jpg.5b6848e25cdad508ff49ecbf64f9cba5.jpg

Hastings United

59ef984e12c64_Screenshot2017-10-2420_21_25.thumb.jpg.f122cbaa535c1d28552f14c6b9f56bbe.jpg

Dover Athletic

59ef985bebd74_Screenshot2017-10-2420_20_57.thumb.jpg.b03fc5d22a4b490745ba26afb486a829.jpg

Ebbsfleet

59ef98641f0da_Screenshot2017-10-2420_12_09.thumb.jpg.ba73b3e7cf7c9f4a27b2afeeceeb2d9b.jpg

Gillingham

MyPack VERSION 3.0 contains:

International - 201 pics of 198 teams
England - 703 pics of 359 teams
Scotland - 107 pics of 54 teams
Ireland - 24 pics of 12 teams
Wales - 24 pics of 12 teams
Northern Ireland - 72 pics of 38 teams
Italy - 191 pics of 99 teams
Germany - 116 pics of 60 teams
Spain - 130 pics of 65 teams
France - 110 pics of 55 teams
Portugal - 34 pics of 17 teams
Netherlands - 34 pics of 17 teams
Belgium - 49 pics of 25 teams
Austria - 46 pics of 24 teams
Switzerland - 48 pics of 25 teams
Denmark - 24 pics of 12 teams
Norway - 70 pics of 36 teams
Sweden - 79 pics of 44 teams
Finland - 48 pics of 25 teams
Iceland - 24 pics of 12 teams
Faroe Islands - 5 pics of 3 teams
Russia - 74 pics of 39 teams
Ukraine - 62 pics of 33 teams
Poland - 32 pics of 16 teams
Belarus - 24 pics of 13 teams
Croatia - 24 pics of 14 teams
Serbia - 28 pics of 14 teams
Czech Republic - 30 pics of 15 teams
Romania - 35 pics of 18 teams
Bulgaria - 25 pics of 13 teams
Montenegro - 12 pics of 6 teams
Slovenia - 18 pics of 9 teams
Slovakia - 22 pics of 11 teams
Greece - 34 pics of 17 teams
Turkey - 35 pics of 18 teams
Cyprus - 4 pics of 2 teams
USA - 37 pics of 19 teams
Australia - 19 pics of 10 teams
Brazil - 39 pics of 20 teams
Argentina - 40 pics of 20 teams
Mexico - 36 pics of 18 teams
Uruguay - 32 pics of 16 teams
Chile - 36 pics of 18 teams
Colombia - 30 pics of 17 teams
Egypt - 4 pics of 2 teams
China - 32 pics of 16 teams
Japan - 36 pics of 18 teams
South Korea - 24 pics of 12 teams

My Pictures

272 of the images in the pack were taken by myself. When I have a chance I'll swing by a stadium and get some pictures so I can add my own into the pack. Images are Mainly from the north of England but I aim mainly for the lower league teams who are difficult to get images for, right down to level 9 of the football pyramid. I'm not a professional (or even amateur really) photographer but I'm pretty pleased how the images have come out. I know what I'm looking for in an image after a few years doing this so tend to get good images for the pack (in my opinion anyway).

DOWNLOAD

Version 3.0 - FULL

Contains all images, if you already have a previous version then please delete this first if you are using this version. Download and extract to the "DOCUMENTS/SPORTS INTERACTIVE/FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017/GRAPHICS/BACKGROUNDS/". you may need to create the graphics folder.

DOWNLOAD version 3.0

Alternative config files

At the below links are three .zip files. These contain different config files each loading the interior and exterior images slightly differently.

exterior on club and squad interior on stadium.zip - This is the default option, exterior images are loaded on club screens and interior image on the stadium image (small stadium pic)
exterior on club interior on squad and stadium.zip - The club info page displays the exterior stadium image while the squad screen displays the interior image.
interior on club and squad exterior on stadium.zip - Reverses the default option with interior images loaded on club screens and exterior image on the stadium image.

To use the alternatives simply place the file in the Pictures folder, right click and select "extract here". Select to overwrite existing files if popups appear.

Competitions

There are also images for many of the competitions (Premier League etc.). If you do not wish to use these, simply delete the 'Competitions' folder in the pictures folder.

Screenshot 2017-10-24 20.12.09.jpg

Screenshot 2017-10-24 20.20.57.jpg

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh my days, i'v been waiting for a megapack stadiums backgrounds for ages. is it compatible with all the skins, im using the dark extended skin from J_zyx from a lower thread or is it a certain skin required.

So long as the skin allows backgrounds it will be fine. I haven't tried that particular skin so not sure but this works with all the skins I have tried.

By the way, I will be updating fairly regularily. I am working on the Scottish leagues tonight. I will release both update files (containing just new images) and a fully updated file with each release.

If anyone has any requests for additions or constructive criticism on images that could be improved on or indeed wants to target me towards a league they would like to see included then feel free to post.

Constructive criticism (and there isn't much to criticise) The Macclesfield 'team' shot shows the away stand, with Wycombe fans I think.

You might prefer something like this

Or this

Spot on! Exactly the sort of thing I'm after. The second image was pretty much perfect so I've added that into the pack for update 1.1 :)

It would be great to get suggestions and discussion about individual images for teams. I often don't know the grounds themselves so it's great to get a bit of info. I've become a bit of a football ground geek from doing this so it's a bit of an interest of mine these days.

The only pictures off limits are Leicester City and North Ferriby because I took them myself ;)

Andrew, top notch stuff mate, very appreciated. Bayern and 1860 both have the same stadium colours, can that possibly be chaned?

Cheers fella. Yes, good idea. I've found one of the arena in red which I will use for Bayern and will retain the white/blue/green one for 1860 as it seems to fit in with their colour scheme. I'll include in the next update (some time this week I would expect one I've finished brushing up the English teams).

Cheers fella. Yes, good idea. I've found one of the arena in red which I will use for Bayern and will retain the white/blue/green one for 1860 as it seems to fit in with their colour scheme. I'll include in the next update (some time this week I would expect one I've finished brushing up the English teams).

Much obliged bud.

how do you remove the wembley behind the EPL league table screen & the other national league backgrounds. I only really want matchday backgrounds & the back image that comes withmy skin from the extended dark skin.. other than that great.

From what I can tell if you don't set a background image for a league it defaults to using the image from the national team. The next update (probably going to be released on Saturday I think) will include a set of backgrounds for a lot of the leagues, as below. If you really don't want these then I can knock up a config file that will remove the images on the national pages.

po0s.png

Brilliant work mate, will you be releasing anymore stadium backgrounds.

Yeah, I'm planning on regular updates. I spent the weekend adding the four Scottish leagues (only realised once I'd uploaded this massive omission). I'm currently going through the English leagues as I did most of the current images at least a year ago (maybe more), I'm replacing a good proportion of the images and expanding the range of non-league teams included.

I'll be adding the Scandinavian leagues ASAP as well. I should have the first update out Saturday.

Thanks Andrew you are a superstar! I noticed that the Rotherham background pic is still the Don Valley stadium rather than their new New York stadium. Thanks again for all your hard work, much appreciated, brings even more realism to the game.

I find it quite therapeutic :)

I'll update the Rotherham pic, it's a bit of a rubbish one anyway.

Hi Andrew another one I have noticed is that you have the Charlton stadium background for Accrington Stanley. Cheers. Looking forward to the update.

Cheers dude, you are very right. I don't think I'd have spotted that in a million years. I've changed the image to the right ground now.

Hi Andrew, when you do your update what do I need to do to get the updates?

I'm going to release two versions to download. One will update version 1.0 just including new and updated backgrounds and a new config file and will extract in the directory with the old pics. The other version will be a full new version of the background pack to download. You can delete the old version and replace it with the new.

I'll just post it up as download links here. Probably will be after my son goes to bed on Saturday night. His mum is taking him to a birthday party during the day so that will give me all day to happily work on the pack.

If I want to make appear the interior of the stadium rather then the exterior on the club screen.

How do I do that?

It would be a pain for you to do. Either go through all 1500 pics and rename them or edit the config file changing details for the 1500 pics...

Or I could modify my spreadsheet and upload you a config file that reverses which pictures each screen points to.

here you go. Copy this into the folder containing the images to overwrite the existing config file and it should work fine.

ive downloaded the file and put in correct folder

when i go into pref on 2014 game what do i need to do to get this to work

any help would be good

I would exit the game and re-load. For some reason it wasn't re-loading them properly when I tested it unless I re-started the game. Hope this helps, let me know if not.

hey, i didnt want the outside gates pictures (so removed them) but wanted the inside of the stadiums to remain (e.g. man city-stad) to appear on the match day part. Problem is the outside gates part has removed but the matchday inside of stadiums arent appearing. Do i have to alter the config too?

hey, i didnt want the outside gates pictures (so removed them) but wanted the inside of the stadiums to remain (e.g. man city-stad) to appear on the match day part. Problem is the outside gates part has removed but the matchday inside of stadiums arent appearing. Do i have to alter the config too?

Yeah, the config file sets the image files associated to each club and stadium. The current config file loads the outsides of the stadiums to the clubs and the inside pics to the stadiums. If you use the file I uploaded in post #40 this reverses this so is probably what you are after.

basically i don't want background pictures on the team screen, I just want the man city-stad etc files to appear on matchdays behind the boxes n score? I've deleted the team files but left the stadium files & it did half what i wanted. it removed the team screen backgrounds but my matchday stadium backgrounds also do not appear. just to clarify, do i need to remove the team files from the config but leave the stadium files in order for it to work. a simple case of deleting or is it more complicated.

There are some bugs in the german League. Bayer Leverkusen has the stadium picture of 1.FC Köln, and vfl Wolfsburg has Werder Bremens picture.

Cheers, sometimes it's difficult with the European leagues because I don't always know the stadiums and google translate can be erratic with non-English language websites...

I've updated both of these not so when I release v1.1 these will be updated. Will probably be tomorrow afternoon now, I've made really good progress but want to go a bit farther before I release. I've updated the top 4 English leagues, replacing about half of the images with improved ones and added the Danish, Swedish and Icelandic leagues. Just want to add the Norwegian league tomorrow and brush up the English conference leagues and I'll put out the update.

basically i don't want background pictures on the team screen, I just want the man city-stad etc files to appear on matchdays behind the boxes n score? I've deleted the team files but left the stadium files & it did half what i wanted. it removed the team screen backgrounds but my matchday stadium backgrounds also do not appear. just to clarify, do i need to remove the team files from the config but leave the stadium files in order for it to work. a simple case of deleting or is it more complicated.

I'm not sure why it would do that but because the config file is asking the game to look for the team images and it isn't finding them it might be causing it to fail.

I've created a config file that only loads the stadium (inside) images and not the team (external) images. There is a link below, let me know how you get on.

try this

There are some bugs in the german League. Bayer Leverkusen has the stadium picture of 1.FC Köln, and vfl Wolfsburg has Werder Bremens picture.

The Bundesliga stadium codes were all over the shop by the looks of things. Not sure what happened when I was typing them onto my spreadsheet... all fixed now.

Archived