[FM14] Jumping Fish

laBOMBA

Hi, my name is laBOMBA and I'm a jumper.

I've played heaps of football management games over the past decade and I notice there is a trend in how I progress in my managing career. I used to play with my beloved Club Brugge KV during the Championship Manager days and brought them to glory. Once FM came around, I was more into building up my career from a small amateur club to bigger and better clubs and ultimately ending up with one of the big clubs (Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona,...). This was usually done in an LLM fashion where everytime I got an offer from a bigger club and got a better pay, I analysed the offer and put myself in front of the question: "If this was real life, what would I do?". This usually lead me to jump to a different club. I have never stuck with 1 club, and managed to get them from lower leagues to international fame and glory on any FM version. So this is what I want to do with this save.

I also like long saves over numerous seasons. So I decided to use an edited database that brings the English league down to level 10. Cudos to FCUtdWill for his magnificent database: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/379344-FM14-FCUtdWill-s-English-Football-Pyramid-Down-to-Level-10-BETA I tried running the database to level 10, but my computer got really slow so I decided to start from Level 9. The club I selected to manage is Fisher FC. No particular reason why I selected this club, aside from the colours and pattern (I like stripy black & white such as Newcastle, Juventus,...) and I found they have a pretty cool club logo.

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher is based in Bermondsey London, but the edited database places them just south of Bermondsey in East Dulwich and playing at Edgar Kail Way as opposed to Champion Hill in real life. I'm not a sucker for accuracy so I'm not fussed its not 100% correct.

I will try and develop youth players by building up the facilities as fast as possible. But that'll depend on money available.

I play with Sunday League Reputation, attribute masking, real player names, and I have Belgian Australian dual nationality.

Fisher FC on Wikipedia

Fisher FC Club website

*post also reserved*

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 01: 2013-2014

Southern Counties East League

Fisher only has 1 good player: Lynn Lewis. The rest is mediocre to crap, but at this level everyone else in the league is as well. So if I can keep Lynn at the club, I might have a chance of a good season. We are predicted to finish 6th in the league.

I got a few non-contract based players in to try and lift the level so we could compete at the top of the league. I tried to get the best players to play in their natural position which lead to an awkward looking unbalanced tactic. It was a basic 4-3-2amc-1 tactic, but I didn't have a ML so I moved that spot to DM and focused the attack along the right wing. That worked quite well, except against teams with great wingers. Luckily there were only 2 teams with good wingers. This lead us to winning the league, and to top it off, we did the double by also winning the Southern Counties East League Challenge Cup.

Fisher FC Stats:

(taken from 24th of June)

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Southern Counties East League[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]lost in Extra Prelim Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FA Vase[/TD]

[TD]lost in 2nd Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Southern Counties East League Challenge Cup[/TD]

[TD]winners[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Lynn Lewis[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Best Average Rating (min of 20 games)

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower[/TD]

[TD]7.09[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Other notable players[/TD]

[TD]Anthony Okadigbo[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Best Youth Prospect from Academy[/TD]

[TD]Garry Arthur[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]2105[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Estimated Club Value[/TD]

[TD]£100K (loan debt £95K)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Semi-Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Corporate Facilities[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Training Facilities[/TD]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Facilities[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Minimal[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Recruitment[/TD]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Capacity[/TD]

[TD]750 (standing)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average Attendance[/TD]

[TD]136[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Season Ticket Holders[/TD]

[TD] 25[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average Ticket Price[/TD]

[TD]£9[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average Season Ticket Price[/TD]

[TD]£212[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£14,985[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Annual Sponsorship[/TD]

[TD]£10K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£91,934[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]+ £83,185[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Wage Costs[/TD]

[TD]£57,061[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Transfer Expenditure[/TD]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Sold Revenue[/TD]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Champion Hill and Edgar Kail Way are the same grounds. The road the stadium is on is called Edgar Kail Way but the ground itself is Champion Hill.

This should be an interesting career :) In real life the club is trying to get a ground back 'home' in Bermondsey so hopefully you can achieve that too!

Champion Hill and Edgar Kail Way are the same grounds. The road the stadium is on is called Edgar Kail Way but the ground itself is Champion Hill.

This should be an interesting career :) In real life the club is trying to get a ground back 'home' in Bermondsey so hopefully you can achieve that too!

Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me! I didn't realise. Yeah, I read on their website they are trying to move back to the grounds at Salter Road.

Enjoying the career so far.

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 02: 2014-2015

Southern League Division 1 Central

At the end of last season, the board had to take out a loan of £95K to convert the stadium into 750 seated spots. Hence why our balance was pretty high near the end of the season and we appear to have made a "profit".

It's interesting to see the board has also increased the wage budget, which is weird as most players are on a non-contract base and just get an amount when they play a game. This means I can beef up my squad with some raw young talent though. That works out well as my board promise is to bring in youngsters for the first team.

I modified my tactic and started playing with my beloved 4-3-1-2 (which I have used successfully since FM11).

The squad had to learn the new tactic so it took a while to get familiar with it. Since we played a lot of cup games at the start of the season, we didn't play much league games so we tumbled way down the ladder to just above relegation zone. We were predicted 6th so I was confident we could rise once the cup games were out of the way. At one point we played 6 games less than anybody else in the league. But we actually played quite well in the cups. The best result was qualifying for the first round of the FA Cup which we had to play against Bradford. We lost 5-1 and I was surprised it wasn't more! We got some good money out of that game and the board promptly agreed to my request to expand the youth facilities. Awesome!

The season kept moving along and with 5 games to go, I realised we actually have a shot at winning the league! Never thought it could happen since we had to come back from far but we are suddenly ranked 2nd amongst other title contenders such as Spalding United and Rugby Town. We were on a massive winning streak and kept winning for the remainder of the season while Spalding lost their last game leaving us 3 points clear as clear winner. We won 9 out of the last 10 games!

Aside from the FA Cup, we also performed great in the Southern League Cup with winning the final over Hemel Hempstead Town.

Cup Matches

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Southern League Division 1 Central[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]lost in First Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]lost in First Qualifying Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Southern League Cup[/TD]

[TD]winners[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Garry Arthur[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Lynn Lewis[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Garry Arthur[/TD]

[TD]7.20[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Anthony Okadigbo[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Tom Hawkins[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alan David[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]3112[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£70K (loan debt £75K)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]169[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 38[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£12[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£396[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£192,111[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£11K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£47,542[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £18,664[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£188,772[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 03: 2015-2016

Southern League Premier Division

After last 2 successful seasons, I received legendary status at the club! That went pretty fast considering I never got to that level with any previous FM careers. Not even after winning the Champions League. Maybe its because of the edited database, and also because the club really doesn't have a history in the database. I must try and convince the board to build a new stadium and it would be hopefully named after me,... or just plain Fisher Stadium.

Anyway, new season at a new level (7) and the squad is predicted to finish 7th. Not bad for a promoted club to be rated that high.

I got numerous new players in since I transferred the responsibility to find new players to the director of football, and he has been very pro-active.

Like we did the past 2 seasons, we are competing for a promotion playoff position throughout the season. I mostly played a 4-3-1-2 tactic and it proved quite successful. What I really enjoyed was that free kicks actually hit the target on sometimes even went in. Especially Jake Gillingwater did really well with free kicks.

Our season took a bad turn in the last couple of games as we seemed unable to win any more games. We drew and lost a few which meant we tumbled down the ladder to finish in a 9th position. Not too bad, but we could have gotten a promotion playoff position. The board didn't really care as they wanted a top half finish, which is where we ended.

The Cups this season were less successful. I guess the best result would be the FA Trophy where we reached the First Round, but then lost to Nuneaton Town 1-2. The FA Cup was also less spectacular compared to last season: we couldn't qualify for the first round as we stumbled upon a strong Grimsby Town in the Fourth Qualifying Round which we convincingly lost 5-1. And the Southern League Cup... we didn't defend our title very well since we got knocked out by Scholing in the Third Round. Bummer...

League Progress

Cup Games

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Southern League Premier Division [/TD]

[TD]9th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]lost in Fourth Qualifying Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]lost in First Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]lost in Third Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Andrew Osei-Siribour[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Perry Chaney[/TD]

[TD]20[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Jake Gillingwater[/TD]

[TD]6.95[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Will Evans[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Vlietinck[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]3112[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£40K (loan debt £55K)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]182[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 49[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£13[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£448[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£133,544[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£16K[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£12,439[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £18,715[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£328,783[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]6

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 04: 2016-2017

I felt that I didn’t have much depth in my defence last year since the same players played most of the time so I decided to bring in a few more players to give a bit more substitution opportunities when someone gets a knock or isn’t performing. A few midfielders also decided to leave after I failed new contract negotiations, but they were actually easily replaced since there are a lot of good free players out there at this level.

If the start of the season is an indication of the rest of the season, then this season was going to be a struggle. Out of the first 5 games, we only won 1, drew 2 and lost 2. Usually I would be ok with these results at the start of the season, but the problem was that the losses and draws were in games where we were having the most and best chances. We just could not convert and got some stupid goals against that robbed us of valuable points. We started performing better as the season went along and when we were playing cup games against lower ranked teams. It felt like we needed those Cup games to get a good win and boost our morale for the next league game, which then dropped again when we just lost the game. Near the end of the season, I realized that it probably wasn’t a good idea to not have a tactic with wingers for those away games with a wide pitch and where the opponent fielded a 4-5-1 with a flat midfield. Our midfielders had nowhere to pass to and ran into all sorts of difficulties. I also didn’t have any wingers in my squad that could play along at this level so I couldn’t really change my tactic to suit the opponent. Something I need to address next season.

So we basically lost games due to tactical errors (FM14 has been a learning curve for me as well), which was annoying as I felt we wasted this season and finished at a disappointing 15th position.

The Cups were slightly better and we got the furthest ever in the FA Cup. The Qualification Rounds were relatively easy with only Welling United in the fourth qualification round that we had some difficulties with. We managed to win the game and got to the First Round where we had to play at home against Thame United who were playing in the Hellenic League Premier Division (level 9). An easy 4-0 win and we get to the second Round of the FA Cup. We are playing away against Carlisle Utd (League 1) so we should prepare ourselves for a hammering. But they didn’t field their strongest squad and we prevented a big loss. We “only” lost 2-1, but it should have honestly been a lot more as it was very 1-sided football. We just got the 1 shot on target that was converted to a goal while Carlisle had 10 on target.

The FA Trophy was a disaster (lost in first qualifying round) and we got to the Semi Final in the Southern League Cup where we lost 3-5 to AFC Hinksey.

League Progress

Cup Games

Fisher FC Stats:

(taken from 23th of June)

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Southern League Premier Division[/TD]

[TD]15th[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]Second Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]First Qualifying Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Andrew Osei-Siribour

[/TD]

[TD]23[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists

[/TD]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD]17

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower

[/TD]

[TD]6.97

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Garry Arthur

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Perry Chaney

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Will Evans

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dougie Fleming

[/TD]

[TD]This guy is huge and strong. Can develop into a fine Target Man

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]3112[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£45K (loan debt £35K)

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Semi-Professional

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Facilities

[/TD]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name

[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]147

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 49[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£13[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£448[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£114,031

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£16K[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£11,855

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £7,051

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£377,698

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 05: 2017-2018

Having learnt my lesson in previous season to be flexible with my tactics, I decided to bring in players that can play on the wings (for those tricky away games) but are also capable of playing in a different position as a backup. The 3 tactics I am training my squad are: 4-3-1-2 (my main tactic), 4-4-2 (predominantly for away games depending on opposition and pitch size), and I introduced a new 3-4-1-2 tactic as a response to the overly used 4-1DM-2-2-1 tactic in the league. The intention is that the back 3 can cover the lone striker and potentially block any inside forwards cutting in, while my wingers dive into the open space behind the opponents AML and AMR to set up some chances for my triangle of forwards and AMC. The 2 MC are mainly there to recover any interceptions that might have occurred and to link up defence and midfield.

I was quite confident about having a good the season as I knew these tactics would help and I got the players to swap around and try other things in case the tactic failed.

It worked a treat as our first loss was only in the 10th league game at Ashford Town, which I contributed to the wrong tactic choice. We were top of the ladder just behind Old Woodstock Town and we were looking good to keep this run going. A slight dip occurred with a few narrow losses that made us drop a few spots. Luckily it wasn’t a sign of bad things to come as we picked up again and got another 9 games unbeaten run and had another one from early february to mid march. By then, we were pretty far ahead and were looking very likely to win the League. We did exactly that and claimed the title with another 3 games to go. One of my best seasons with Fisher so far as I actually planned ahead and adapted as opposed to starting the season and “see how I go”. I hope I don’t have to adapt too much for the Conference South League next season.

The success in the League is no indication of how well we are doing in Cup games unfortunately. We do qualify for the FA Cup First Round, but I would have hoped we could have done slightly better against Conference Premier top club Barnet. A dry 2-5 loss at home was a bit disappointing but then again, the success in the league kept everyone happy.

FA Trophy was a write off again with a first qualifying loss to AFC Uckfield, and the Southern League Cup is similar to last season: we reach the Semi final, but can’t go through as Cambridge City won the penalty shoot-out.

What was very pleasing, is that local boy Garry Arthur had a fantastic season to the delight of the fans. He played in almost every game and managed to score 33 goals this season. A feat he did in 2014-2015 and got us promoted as well.

League Progress

Cup Games

Fisher FC Stats:

(taken from 22nd of June)

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Southern League Premier Division[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]First Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]First Qualifying Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Garry Arthur

[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Fower

[/TD]

[TD]12

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Garry Arthur

[/TD]

[TD]7.14

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Will Evans

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Jake Gillingwater

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Stephan Hunter

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Anthony Osborn

[/TD]

[TD]Another tall player from our Academy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]3376[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£140K (loan debt £5.75M)

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Semi-Professional

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Facilities

[/TD]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name

[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]330

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 47[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£13[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£477[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£119,791

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£16K[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£91,574

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]£71,545

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£374,800

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edit:

An item I wanted to add to this seasons summary:

2014-02-04_00012_zpsf9964f8f.jpg

Seriously??? We don’t get any sell-outs, our finances are insecure and over 9000 seats for a club that attracts a max of 500 spectators sounds like a massive overkill. We get a huge loan depth on top of that: some stadium sponsorships and grant from authorities is great, but the monthly repayments are 24k for the next 20 years! That is lethal for a club of our stature. Our projected finances at the end of next season show around – 950k. And to top it off: the new stadium is not named after a club legend (me), but named Fisher Stadium. Do I even want to continue with this club?

Since I wasn’t going to jump ship, I won’t and I’ll keep going and hope something happens. A tycoon takeover would be nice…

Leapt like a salmon up the table.

Strange decision by the board to build a new stadium at this stage. The only viable reason I can think of is that they don't own the current ground.

No, we didn't own it. It might have something to do with minimum stadium requirements in the Skrill South?

I don't mind the new stadium, but start maybe with a 4000 seater? At least our loan wouldn't be such a huge burden then. I'm nearly done with the new season and the board has injected a fair bit of money over the past few months to keep the club above water. It helps, but it's not a long time strategy.

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 06: 2018-2019

Conference South

The board really made some funny decisions this season. First there was the new stadium announcement which I think is ludicrous, but then they also decided to spend 6K on a coaching license for a coach a week before his contract runs out, and I don't get a pay increase on my new contract.

We're also a professional club now.

Enough ranting about the board, lets talk league performance.

I actually started quite nervous this season and played quite defensive. I decided to try and avoid wingers again because crossing at this level is just not recommended. So I used 4-3-1-2 as my standard tactic, and 5-3-2 as my defensive tactic against stronger teams. What I did with both tactics to give a bit more width in midfield is to move both wing backs as far forward as possible. They actually became wingers when in possession. I also looked at the opposition strikers and determined if we needed 2 or 3 central defenders which then determined if I should play 4-3-1-2 or 5-3-2.

We started the season pretty badly with 1 point out of 3 games, including 2 big losses. At that point I felt we were going to have a rough season and I started paying more attention to how my tactics worked and trying to find solutions to opposition tactics. It was needed as we were sinking to the relegation zone. Our season turned slowly and we gradually climbed up the ladder. You know you're getting satisfaction out of guiding the team when every goal was celebrated with a fist pump. The success continued and we were even in contention for a playoff spot in February. We kept our performance level high, but had a couple of annoying away games against teams who were also fighting for a playoff spot. We didn't do well in those games and got overtaken by a few teams. We can be proud of our performance and out 9th spot though.

While I thought I was doing great with the club, I noticed there is another club that has even done better than us. Orpington started at level 10 and got 4 promotions in a row to the Skrill South and ending in a 2nd spot this season.

Cups were nothing worth mentioning. Did not get far in any of them.

League Progress

Cup Games

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]League

[/TD]

[TD]Conference South

[/TD]

[TD]9th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]Third Qualifying Round

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]Third Qualifying Round

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Garry Arthur

[/TD]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists

[/TD]

[TD]Johnny O'Neill

[/TD]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Alex Rhodes

[/TD]

[TD]6.96

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Other notable players

[/TD]

[TD]Chris Vlietinck

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Darren Green

[/TD]

[TD]It will be hard to develop him as his personality is "unambitious"

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]3376[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0 (loan debt £5.5M)

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status

[/TD]

[TD]Professional

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Facilities

[/TD]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name

[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]522

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 76

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£14

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£462

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£190,176

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£39K

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance

[/TD]

[TD]- £124,311

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £181,487

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£690,222

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 07: 2019-2020

Conference South

What I need to do with the club, is to have a better control over the finances since we have a huge loan debt due to the planned new stadium. It should be finished at the end of this season so we’ll play in a shiny new stadium starting from next season. But on the other hand, if I can spend some money on really good players that would make us challenge for a play off spot, I will do it. Just so we can play in the Skrill Premier next season and attract bigger crowds with a bigger stadium and a better league. It’s a bit of a gamble, but it might pay off.

I’ve set the Director of Football on a mission to sign players for the first team since he found one or two good ones last season and I hope he can do that again.

Our key player is still Johnny O’Neill, closely followed by Luke Colston and Padraic Duffy. I knew my defence is pretty good since the media hailed us as being one of the best defending squads, and the star ratings also show them to be quite high. But I take those ratings with a pinch of salt though. Jacob Adams (ex-Carlisle Utd) is a new player that I believe can recover lots of balls in midfield with his high aggression and bravery attributes. His tackling is pretty low so I’m afraid he might pick up lots of cards. Aside from Adams, I also acquired the services of Kane Melia (also ex-Carlisle Utd) as BBM and experienced playmaker Phil Turnbull (ex-Gateshead & Halifax Town). I got him in so he can pass his experience to last seasons youth prospect Darren Green. So with the same forwards and defence, and an upgraded midfield, I am hoping for a play off position and maybe promotion.

It turned out to be a successful season. We were playing great, but also crap sometimes. We kept hovering in and out of playoff positions. One thing that was consistent this season, was the goals scored by O’Neill. He whacked in a lot of them and broke the club record of goals scored for the club. Turned out he was also the league top scorer (29) and best player of the league (avg rating of 7.30) as well.

So what about the league? We reached the playoffs as planned and meet Hendon in our first playoff game. Hendon has been tricky for us so I was a bit nervous. We played at home first and I could not afford to drop back and counter (as I’ve been doing most games this season) so I told the players to control the game, which they kinda did. It was a struggle but we managed to win the first leg 1-0 at home. Second game was heaps better as we played our familiar game: Counter! It worked great as we only had 41% possession, but managed to get 7 shots on target (vs. 2 for Hendon), and 3 goals! Hendon only scored once so we qualified for the final!

We had a good chance at home vs. Basingstoke Town, and we delivered! 1-0, 1-1 and who else but O’Neill scoring in the 82nd min with a run into the channel and getting a one on one with the goalie. Promotion!

Cups were not too great again. Couldn’t qualify for the FA Cup, lost to Exeter City in 4th qualifying round and got kicked out of the first round of the FA trophy by the lower level playing Langford. That was a shocking game…

I also have a stadium update: it was planned to be completed on 27/06/2020, but I got a message saying it has about 3 months delay and will be completed early october. Boo!

League Progress

League Stats

Cup results

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table]

[TR]

[TD]League

[/TD]

[TD]Conference South

[/TD]

[TD]4th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]Fourth Qualifying Round

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]First Round

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Johnny O'Neill

[/TD]

[TD]34

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists

[/TD]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD]19

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Johnny O'Neill

[/TD]

[TD]7.33

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Padraic Duffy

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]Anthony Osborn

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Philip Thornton[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mehmet Faris Golen[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]3646[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0 (loan debt £5.25M)

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status

[/TD]

[TD]Professional

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Youth Facilities

[/TD]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name

[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]564

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 76

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£15

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£490

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£215,267

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£39K

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance

[/TD]

[TD]- £685,524

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £552,258

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£838,817

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 4 months later...

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 08: 2020-2021

Conference Premier

Since I only extended the contracts of my key players due to lack of funding, I lost a couple first team players. Nevertheless, at this level I can find lots of big club academy rejects that are willing to play for our team. Most of them want more money that I can spend, but I did manage to sign a few good ones. I strengthened the attack as 2nd striker Garry Arthur has reached his potential and can't make a difference at this level. I'll keep him since he became a crowd favourite and he might still make an appearance.

Players IN: Jake Herlihy, Cabbar Ritchie, Issac, Campbell, Darren Scott, Jason Thorpe.

No one predicts us to do anything special this season and we were favourite for relegation. If previous seasons are a reference, I'd say that prediction is rubbish, and it turned out to be. Herlihy and O'Neill partner up really well up front at the start of the season, and it looks like we'll have no issue staying clear of relegation. Hell, I even dare say playoffs might be possible, but we'll need a good run to get up there. Around December, we were 10th and happy to be up there. Meanwhile, the stadium had another delay stating the stadium wouldn't be finished until December. Finally, on the 21st of Dec, the stadium finally opened with the first game on boxing day against Leyton Orient, which we won 2-1. Great first game in the new stadium. Our attendances rise now to an average of around 1100. More income which helps heaps. Speaking of money, I also survived a board takeover earlier. The new chairman took out a 1.3m loan to cover running costs. Might be good as we start to make money again with the increased attendances.

The second half of the season I can summarize with 1 name: O'Neill! He scored heaps and kept us above water in the league. We ended at a nice 11th spot and the future looks promising with a good bunch of youngsters.

We reach the first round of the FA Cup but got knocked out by Portsmouth. The FA Trophy was better and we got to the Semi Finals where we lost to Scunthorpe.

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table mce-item-table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]Conference Premier[/TD]

[TD]11th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]First Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]Semi Final[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Johnny O'Neill

[/TD]

[TD]33[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Johnny O'Neill

[/TD]

[TD]7.08[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Jake Herlihy

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Yero Chukwu

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]4219[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1.1M (loan debt £6.25M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Edgar Kail Way

Fisher Stadium

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]750 (seated)

9257 (seated)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]844[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]140[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£17[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£615[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£589,060[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£47K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£449,460[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]£1,031,229[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1,056,193[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Decent first effort in the Conference Premier.

Cheers.

I'm actually way behind in the updates as I'm currently already playing season 17. I've been a bit slack with compiling the updates together.

Anyway, more to follow.

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 09: 2021-2022

Conference Premier

Players IN: Curtis Cowling (ex Everton), Patrick Wall (ex Aston Villa) and Welsh Striker Alex Llewellyn (ex Swansea)

Not many players came in, but that had to do with the lack of wage budget.

I still felt we had a well balanced team and should have no problem staying clear of relegation. We started ok with a decent run of wins and draws with only a few losses. We kept hovering around 10th spot but I felt we could do better. The only problem was... we didn't. We could only win 3 games out of the last 12 so we didn't get very high in the league in the end and had to settle for a 15th spot. Hopefully better next season.

The Cups were better and we reached Third Round in the FA Cup against Premiership outfit Derby County. That was a great game as we could finally get our stadium close to full capacity (8630 attendances). We actually had a chance to win this game as well as we played brilliantly. It was kinda the highlight of the season as we also received a nice bonus of £175K in gate receipts... not bad!

The FA Trophy was also pretty good, losing narrowly 1-2 against Boston Utd, who got promoted as well. They are a tough team to play against as I have no idea on how to play against their 4-1DM-2-3 tactic. Kept losing against these guys.

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table mce-item-table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]15th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]Third Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]Final[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Johnny O'Neill

[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Jake Herlihy

[/TD]

[TD]7.03[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Luke Colston

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Alex Llewellyn

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Padraic Duffy

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Steve Moir

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]4219[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1.M (loan debt £6M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Fisher Stadium[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9257 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]952[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]150[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£17[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£615[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£619,351[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£49K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£332,823[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £52,280[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1,315,600[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£40.43K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season 10: 2022-2023

Conference Premier

Fisher had to say goodbye to a few good players due to high wage demands and the club still in a lot of debt due to the loan of the lovely 9500+ seater stadium. I could extend 1 contract of one of my top earners before my wage budget was maxed out. The choice was between Johnny O'Neill or Padraic Duffy. I decided to keep Duffy as he has performed amazingly last season when I look at the stats. So many interceptions and tackles! I felt if I would miss him in defence, we would lose a lot more battles in the back. O'Neill had a massive impact as well, but judging on the amount of goals scored, Jake Herlihy was close to Johnny's amount so I felt Johnny's contribution wasn't as significant as Duffy's. And I thought I could find a cheaper Target Man replacement.

A further 7 players left the club as I couldn't extend their contracts.

The annoying part is that I can't sign many new players to cover the gaps those players left so I had to promote youth players to senior level to be able to fill up the bench. I was able to sign 1 player who has big shoes to fill as he is replacing O'Neill as a Target Man. Another 4-5 players joined as well, but they're on a loan contract so they'll be out the door at the end of the season.

At the start of the season, we were really short on players since I had 6 injuries and 2 suspensions. I didn't think we'd get anywhere with our squad and actually contemplated resigning. Exeter City showed an interest in my services but I'm sticking with the Fishes for a bit longer. The problem is that I feel its going to get worse financially and I'm afraid we might have to stay a few season in the Skrill Premier, or even go down a league to be able to stay afloat. It's not a great prospect at the moment but it'll have to do. Also funnily enough, I get a lower wage than most of my other staff. Annoying.

Throughout the season, we constantly had between 3-6 injuries to first team players and Jacob Adams (like he did in previous seasons) picked up a few suspension due to his aggressive nature and his lack of tackling skills (which I am training him heavily in). I could never play the tactic I wanted to play with the best team filling the positions, and maybe that was a good thing as it kept everyone motivated and positive. But what really surprised me was the amount of games we didn't lose! We played along in every league game and actually won heaps with 1 goal difference. I can count the league games we won with more than 2 goals on 1 hand. I was happy I extended Duffy's contract last season as he was really the key in our organised defence. The new Target Man, Buxton, made the departure of O'Neill less bitter as he did really well and played exactly the way I wanted him to play, even though his attributes are less then O'Neill's.

We started off with 2 losses and at the bottom of the league, and started an impressive 14 game non-losing streak which brought us to a play-off position around Xmas. What I thought was going to be a though season seemed to turn out into quite a successful season. Aside from Duffy and maybe Buxton, no one really jumped out and everyone contributed to the success of the team. Even 16yo New Zealander Nick Paston (from last years youth intake) had a few PoM awarded to him, and he isn't even suitable for this level (in terms of attributes).

What even surprised me further, is that my "altered" tactic worked quite well and kept bringing in good results.It's basically a 4-3-3 with one of the strikers in a AMR position and as inside forward, the middle MC has been converted into an anchorman DM, and I asked the left back to go further forward to be a wing back. It's interesting to see that it actually created a lot of chances by short quick passes. And if that didn't work, there was always the option to pass back to the attack minded wing back who then booted the ball into the pack towards my target man. It was great to see that this back pass actually ripped the opposition defence open and offered opportunities for the wing back to pass to either F9, MC (BBM) or cross to second post where either the TM or the IF has a clear shot at goal. The wing back started to become the most important player on the pitch in this tactic.

Image below shows Beaumont in TM position, but that spot is normally taken by Buxton.

p><p>[font=century gothic]We ended up 5t

We did well in the Cups again, the FA Cup was good with a loss in the third round against Premiership team Watford. It's not very far in the FA Cup, but the fact that we drew them in the first game and had to replay them is a big deal for a small club like ours.

Also the FA trophy was a success: We won it!

This was an excellent season... hungry for more

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]5th (promoted)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]Third Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]FA Trophy[/TD]

[TD]WINNER![/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD] Jonathan Buxton

[/TD]

[TD] 21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD] Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD] 14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD] Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD] 7.01[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Darren Scott

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Alex Llewellyn

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Giancarlo Gallifuoco (on loan)

Eren Beaumont (on loan)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Ryan Lander

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD] 4455[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£2.2M (loan debt £5.75M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Limited[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Fisher Stadium[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9257 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1332[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 150[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£18[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£642[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£1,494,159[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£73K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£1,381,202[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]£477,365[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1,512,460[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£420K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD] 4[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD] 9[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

2023-2024

Football League 2

Duffy had to go as well. He was still on contract, but he wanted to move to a bigger club so I was actually able to sell him for a nice profit. It helps the finances but I'm worried about the level of my team and if we'll cope in the League 2.

A few people strengthened the squad but i am worried they might play in a league above their capabilities. But my philosophy is that they'll grow into it if given the chance. So the following new players will get chances this season: Ken Edwards (West Ham), Ollie Paul (Preston North End), Bevan Graves (Arsenal), Ryan Jones (Loughborough Uni, Northern Ireland), Rhys Lovett (Walsall & QPR) and Gerry Cottrill (ManU).

My young squad was up for the task of saving us from relegation and they showed lots of maturity against established teams such as Birmingham, Millwall and Rotherham. We actually played better than expected and stayed well above relegation zone for the whole season. Aside from outstanding performances from Jonathan Buxton and Philip Thornton, the season was relatively bland. But it was enough to please the crowd and finish in a 15th spot. The aim this season was to stay clear of relegation while giving the young kids a run so they would develop into better players. I believe both were successful so I'm curious to see if we can improve our standings next season.

We got kicked out of the FA Cup and league trophy quite early. We didnt go beyond first round in both cups.

I survived yet another board takeover, and this time the new chairman's first action was to take out another loan. Great, more debt...

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]League 2[/TD]

[TD]15th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD]First Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]League Trophy[/TD]

[TD]First Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Jonathan Buxton

[/TD]

[TD] 19[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Eren Beaumont

[/TD]

[TD] 10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD] Jonathan Buxton

[/TD]

[TD] 7.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD] Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Ryan Jones

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Ollie Paul

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Julian Smallpiece

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD] 4686[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1.3M (loan debt £8M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Adequate[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Fisher Stadium[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9257 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1124[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]270[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£19[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£671[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£472,665[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£112k[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]£109,434[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £850,958[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£2,033,540[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD] 10[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD] 3[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Making nice progress now.

We are, and I got a few players that can grow and play at higher levels so it's important for the club to keep them happy and keep them at the club.

I'm quite worried about the finances though, the board keeps pumping money into the club which keeps us going. But that might stop one day.

Nice debut in the League. How do you see the short-term future of Fisher going? As you say, the money may just stop one day, and that needless new stadium hasn't quite attracted the punters!

I meant to say I'll stick with the club until I win the Champions League as per the OP, but knowing myself and the time invested in the career, I'd like to get at the top level sooner. I think I'll consider my options when I feel the club's momentum is going backwards.

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season12: 2024-2025

Football League 2

Players IN: Cesar Molina (Real Sociedad & York City), Wayne Bulley (ManCity), Mitchell Grainger (ManU), Toby Parsons (West Brom) and Alex Burns (Nottingham Forrest)

I was pretty happy with the signing of Molina and decided to change my tactic again so that he could become a key player in the squad. With my current tactic (as described in season 10) I don't have room for a left winger and it would be a waste to keep Molina on the bench. So I modified it in a way I would have left winger position for Molina, an attacking midfield position for Thornton, and the attack would be made up of the inside forward playing in AMR position and a single striker who i was going to play as Target Man, or Advanced Forward depending on which of my strikers is preforming well. What I found great about this tactic is that the creators were more positioned to the left and the finishers to the right of the pitch. With the creative AMC playing as Enganche, he could create chances by sticking to his position and letting everyone around him looking for space. The defence covered him so he had options to pass to the rushing ML, the inside cutting AMR or even the striker up front. If none of that was available, he'd usually get the ball back to the ML who could then run forward or cross to the far post where the AMR is usually in open space.

2014-08-18_00011_zps1840eab4.jpg

We played well during the start of the season, showing that we might have a chance at playoffs this season, but then between September and November we seemed to not get a lot of wins and struggled to get points. I was still modifying the tactic to try and find a suitable solution against formations with 2 or more attacking players. But it didn't really work.

The 2nd half of the season was better, but we never really got into shape to be able to challenge for a playoff spot. In the end we actually finished 6th just outside of the playoff spots, but that was rather due to strange results of the other teams in the last 2 rounds. It looks like we did a lot better than we actually did. All in all, a better performance than last year and we're keeping the upwards momentum.

The most notable event this season was the breakthrough of Alex Llewellyn. He started a few games early in the season and scored in pretty much every game. I kept him lined up as he really lifted our game and was responsible for a couple of close wins. He was playing in the lone striker position as an Advanced Forward and really blossomed this season. He scored 27 goals in this formation this season.

The FA Cup was dissappointing with a 1st round loss to Wolves, but then again they're top of League 1. The League Cup was better where we got to the semi final and lost to Luton Town.

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table cms_table_mce-item-table mce-item-table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]League 2[/TD]

[TD] 6th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD] 1st Round

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]League Trophy[/TD]

[TD] Semi Final

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD] Alex Llewellyn

[/TD]

[TD] 27[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD] César Molina

[/TD]

[TD] 11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Ken Edwards

[/TD]

[TD] 11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD] Alex Llewellyn

[/TD]

[TD] 7.16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Bevan Graves

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Jacob Adams

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Kareem Ulett

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]4445[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£525K (loan debt £7.75M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Adequate[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Fisher Stadium[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9257 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 1322[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 270[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£18[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£656[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£834,786[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£118K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]- £773,299[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £714,159[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£2,125,127[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£4.4K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

So, after a few months of inactivity and a few attempts to get an FM15 career going, I decided to go back to FM14, revive this thread and post further updates on how this career is going. Since I am recovering from surgery, I have some time to post updates and play a bit further in an attempt to progress the career and reach the top of the Premier League.

The updates will be less long as I've progressed a few seasons already and can't always remember what happened, but the stats will still be the same.

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season13: 2025-2026

Football League 2

I lost 2 good players (Ollie Paul wouldnt extend his contract, and Ryan Jones got bought by Coventry), but I got 4 players in that I'm hoping bring us up to a new level. Scottish Jason McShane (ex Celtic), Northern Irish Paddy Curran (ex Coleraine), Toby Parsons (ex West Brom) and Mitchell Grainger (ex ManU).

I had to tweak our tactics again and decided to play without any full backs, but with 3 defenders at the back and a half back just in front that can drop in the gaps when the outer defenders were dragged out of position by an attacking winger. The left winger had an attacking duty while the AMR is more defensive winger as I didn't want him to push too much forward and leave huge gaps on the wings. The striking duo were an Attacking Forward (Llewellyn) and Deep Lying Forward (Buxton). It worked great and scored heaps of goals and surprisingly got the least amount of goals against.

lineup_zps395b1669.png

The new players turned out to be key players and lifted our level even higher with the fantastic result of league leaders for pretty much the whole season.

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table cms_table_mce-item-table mce-item-table]

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]League 2[/TD]

[TD] 1st

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD] 1st Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]League Trophy[/TD]

[TD] Lost in Final[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Jonathan Buxton[/TD]

[TD] 22[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD] 12[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Best Average Rating (min of 20 games)[/TD]

[TD] Philip Thornton

[/TD]

[TD] 7.11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD] Alex Llewellyn

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Jason McShane

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Bevan Graves

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Rhys Lovett

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Carvel King

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]5710[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£991K (loan debt £7.25M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Adequate[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Fisher Stadium[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9257 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 1769[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 286[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£20[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£729[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£763,520[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£123K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]- £1,148,471[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]- £337,344[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£2,230,753[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season14: 2026-2027

Football League 1

Unfortunately, I didn't have sufficient funds to keep 27yo Thornton employed. He left Fisher and soon after retired as he couldn't find a new club... silly...

Since last season was such a success with the "awkward" tactic, I decided to re-use the same tactic, but strengthen it with a few new people. I found a great Target Man, Ross Lamb (who I nicknamed "Roast"), a new goalie (Adrian Smith, ex-Southampton) as Lovett got sold for a nice 300K, a defender from Celtic (Craig Winter) and a couple of loanees as I couldn't afford anyone else.

lineup_zps565872a3.png

The front 2 rotate around with Roast taking up Buxton's position in some of the games.

We've actually had a decent season and were never threatened by relegation. It also helps that the youngsters in my squad are getting lots of game time and in return improve their skills to help the team succeed at League 1.

No real standout player this year as everyone played their part and contributed to the team.

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]League 1[/TD]

[TD] 14th

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup[/TD]

[TD] 3rd Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]League Cup[/TD]

[TD]1st Round[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Top Goalscorer[/TD]

[TD]Alex Llewellyn

[/TD]

[TD] 14[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Most Assists [/TD]

[TD]Cesar Molina

[/TD]

[TD] 11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Best Average Rating (min of 20 games)[/TD]

[TD]Cesar Molina

[/TD]

[TD] 6.88

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

[TD]Jonathan Buxton

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Jason McShane

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] Roast

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Serge Ribes (on loan)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] George Sandercombe

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Reputation[/TD]

[TD]6025[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£3.6M (loan debt £7M)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Club Status[/TD]

[TD]Professional[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Below Average[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Poor[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Coaching[/TD]

[TD]Adequate[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Basic[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stadium Name[/TD]

[TD]Fisher Stadium[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9257 (seated)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 3388[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] 631[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£21[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£760[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gate Receipts[/TD]

[TD]£1,783,329[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£143K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bank Balance[/TD]

[TD]- £385,026[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Profit/Loss[/TD]

[TD]+ £625,867[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£4,047,481[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£331K[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players In[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Players Out[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Fisher_F.C._logo.png

Fisher FC

Season15: 2027-2028

Football League 1

Oh my God! Did we perform well this season or what? It felt a bit like Germany beating Brazil 7-1 in the World Cup Semi-Final as the question wasn't "are we going to win" but more like "how much are we going to win by?". We had such a broad team and with players being able to move freely between wing backs, mid and attack, everyone got onto the scoresheet. There was no clear main striker, and everyone could play different roles, except for Paddy Curran who I had firmly rooted to a playmaker role.

It helped that we had a board takeover at the end of previous season and the new chairman gave me almost double the wage budget of what I was on. So I was able to sign lots of free quality players such as Antonis Zachos, Jordan Thomas, .... You can tell that there was going to be lots of rotation in the squad as there were equivalent players in pretty much all positions (except goalie).

The player rotation system and the choice of playing with 2 tactical systems (similar to the dutch at the WC, either 5-3-2 or 3-5-2) depending on the opposition meant we had a fresh mobile squad every game, and could counter the opposition very well. I usually played 5-3-2 against an attacking team or a team with 2 or more strikers, and 3-5-2 against a team with a lone striker. This last one worked particularly well as my midfield killed the supply to the lone striker almost every time, forcing them to attack via set pieces only. The results were quite impressive as we didn't lose in the first 19 games and leading the league for the whole season. The rotation of players kept the team fresh and the loss of form never came. We claimed the title with six games to go!

lineup2027-2028_zps472dd84d.png

I'm not losing any good players as I was able to extend their contracts early enough so this bunch of youngsters can grow into a strong force into the Championship and hopefully challenge for promotion in a few seasons. I just hope the board allows me to scout outside the UK as it's getting harder to find cheap talented players in the UK, but we're still faced with a big gaping hole in our finances.

The league Cup Final was lost against Lincoln Town with 2-1, and we got kicked out of the FA Cup early as Torquay was too strong for us.

League Progress

Fisher FC Stats:

[TR]

[TD]League[/TD]

[TD]League 1[/TD]

[TD]1st

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cups[/TD]

[TD]FA Cup

League Cup

League Trophy

[/TD]