This isn't Spain. This is Catalonia, and we will be Top Dogs

SRL88

catalonia_zps60930e2b.jpg

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

U.E. Sant Andreu

Welcome to the latest edition of a SRL88 career. You may have been wondering where I disappeared off to after my previous save, but basically my laptop had a bit of a brain fart and it needed fixing, so from just after Christmas until last night it was away being serviced.

I decided then that it was best for me to have a break, and a think about what I truly wanted to do and I'm glad I did. I stopped reading any FM specifics on the forums and it made me miss the game a whole lot more. When I got word about my laptop being fixed I was pleased and excited. I was driving to PC World and thinking about what I should do and I decided I fancied a save in Spain. I went through the Segunda B leagues, looked at every club, their wiki pages and then finally fell upon Sant Andreu, a club based in the city of Barcelona, and thought to myself that this could be some challenge, and a heck of a lot of fun.

My Save

I will be running with the following database

-----------------------------------------
| Spain    | Segunda B                  |
| England  | Skrill North/South         |
| Germany  | 3. Liga                    |

*England and Germany are view only*

Players of a National Reputation are also loaded from all continents, giving me a total of approximately 48,000 players

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps7ddaa1f3.png

Who are U.E. Sant Andreu?

Unió Esportiva Sant Andreu is a Spanish football team based in the city of Barcelona in the district of Sant Andreu, in the autonomous community of Catalonia. The club was founded in 1907 (according to Football Manager) and currently plays in the Segunda B Division - Group 3 and play their matches at the Camp Municipal Narcís Sala.

SantAndreu_OverviewProfile-2_zps1043b1ac.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps78a13f0e.png

Club Information

Nation: Spain

Year Founded: 1907

Operating Status: Professional

Nickname: Los Cuatiribarrados

Fierce Rivals: Europa

Other Rivals: Oriheula, Barcelona 'B', Gramenet

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £11

Average Season Ticket Price: £117

Season Ticket Holders: 1,178

Estimated Value: £1.7m

Media Precition: 15th

SantAndreu_OverviewProfile_zps282bbf83.png

Facilities

Stadium: Narcís Sala

Stadium Capacity: 6,557 all-seater

Stadium Condition: Good

Surface: Synthetic (New Type - Soft)

Pitch Condition: Perfect

Corporate Facilities: Fairly Basic

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Below Average

Junior Coaching: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Average

Narcissala_zps33536625.jpg

Finances

Transfer Budget: £0

% of Transfer Revenue: 35%

Wage Budget: £21,782 (currently spending £21,782)

Balance: £160,842

Projected Balance: -£1.47m

Aims and Objectives

Very much like my Gateshead save, a save I was thoroughly enjoying I have decided to go back down the one-club save route so therefore, I will be sticking with this save throughout.

I'm looking forward to it, I really am. The aim of it for me is to take U.E. Sant Andreu to the top of Spain, competing with the likes of Barcelona and the two Madrid clubs. A side ambition is to obviously be the top dogs in Catalonia and be the side that everyone else becomes to fear, surpassing Barcelona in that sense. I will also look forward to that challenge of trying to compete with Barcelona as one of two Catalonian giants.

Supporters-of-independenc-010_zpscc6dca00.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks interesting. Good luck becoming the new top team in Barcelona :)

Cheers dude :).

he's back \o/

Definitely. Looking forward to this one.

Quite clearly going for all the categories in the awards ceremony :D.

Haha. You would think :D.

Catalan and proud!

Indeed :thup:.

Nice one! I'm primarily playing a Paris F.C. 2000 save for a similar reason (sharing a city with a bigger, badder, richer club and trying to knock them off).

Definitely has the base for a good save.

Interesting choice. Looking forward to following this.

Cheers dude :thup:.

Nice to see you're back SRL88 :cool: Good luck!

Thank you kindly :).

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season 2013/14

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps6ed1884a.png

Considering I came into the club and all the friendlies were set up I expected some defeats, especially considering all our home fixtures during pre-season were against pretty big clubs. It was tough for both myself, and the players to come to terms with things because I have been trying to implement a nice passing style of football which hasn't clicked as of yet.

Transfers - In

Ruben Fonte - Loan - A solid loan signing. He will likely be a rotation option, but it gives us an extra option upfront.

Iosu Ozkoidi - Loan - A superb signing and a deal I am chuffed that Real Sociedad allowed us to complete. He should shine at this level.

Jaime Guadano - Free - A late deal, but a player I had on trial throughout the summer. Better than what we already had at the club so it is a solid improvement.

Adrian Lluna - Free - A young goalkeeper who is one for the future. Will be a solid back-up for now.

Miguel Herlein - Free - Definitely a bright player to have at the club. His speed alone will be fantastic at this level and will hopefully bang in a few goals.

Transfers - Out

No money made over the summer as it was more of a case of get rid of as many as you can in order to bring others in. We got rid of four average players in order to strengthen the squad as a whole. We also got rid of some high earners too.

Some shrewd looking signings there. Iosu Ozkoidi looks a bit of a coup.

Horribly tough preseason, hopefully confidence hasn't taken too much of a bettering. :(

Cheers dude. We have definitely made some good additions to the squad.

Agree though on pre-season, it won't be easy at all. I was sidetracked by other things and didn't notice the fixtures at all really until it came to them. Hopefully we can start the season strongly.

Great choice of club - particularly love the kits. Ozkoidi should definitely do well in the Segunda.

Cheers fella :thup:.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2013

Segunda Division B3

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsc42eeec2.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages_zpsf7838dc7.png

An absolutely fantastic start to the season as any doubts about confidence after a tough pre-season were wiped away. No doubt though, we were slow getting off and running, but once we did things have started to click really nicely.

The opening game of the season was one of those games which passed without any incidents. Neither side stamped their authority on the game and an obvious 0-0 was played out. As underdogs against Villarreal 'B' we were hanging on at times in the game and when we went a goal down it was hardly a surprise. The pleasing thing however was that we kept plugging away and finally, late on in the game we got a bit of luck from a corner and the ball was smashed home by centre half Didac to give us a point. Our first win, and my first win in charge came in our third game of the season against Olot. We absolutely dominated the game and should have won by many more, but we settled for just the one goal which came in the 19th minute thanks to a brilliant free-kick by summer signing Iosu Ozkoidi. The same player however did suffer an injury during the game which kept him out for the remainder of the month.

That first win gave us massive confidence going into the remainder of the games and we put in a cracking performance against Prat and took the lead not long before the interval thanks to a well-worked goal. Just minutes into the second half we doubled our lead and looked comfortable, but with five minutes remaining Prat pulled one back to make things nervy for us, but we hit them on the counter in the 88th minute to seal the win. Our worst performance so far this season followed that against Olimpic Xativa but somehow resulted in our biggest win of the season. We had just three shots at goal all game which resulted in three goals, had only 39% possession and were completely dominated, but pulled off an unlikely victory. Our best win of the season thus far came at Huracan when we were massive underdogs. We fell behind in the game on three occasions but every time battled back to draw level, and we were rewarded in the 88th minute to grab a huge, and hard earned victory.

Copa del Rey 2nd Round

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps54ab0353.png

A disappointing exit so early on but in the lottery that was penalties I have no real complaints. The game was even and both goals came really late on with us having to equalise. Extra-time passed with no incident and the only penalty of the shoot-out was missed by us as we exited in the Second Round.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - October 2013

Segunda Division B3

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpse14a4ab4.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages-2_zps9ea27fc0.png

In comparison to the way we ended last month we stuttered somewhat through October, but managed to maintain our unbeaten start to the campaign.

We continued where we left off from in September at home to Levante 'B' with a very solid performance. We were always in control and very rarely threatened so a single goal lead for much of the match was the least we deserved. We were nervy late on however so when Miguel Herlein scored his first goal for the club it was a relief. Badalona proved to be a very stern test on the road so I was really pleased that we came away with a point and a clean sheet. 34yo Xavi Jimenez was the star of the show against Llagostera with two early goals in either half to give us a solid win. Another goalless draw on the road kept up our impressive month at the back before ending the month with a really hard fought win. A goal right on half-time gave us the lead at the break, and deservingly so. It took up until the 77th minute to give ourselves a bit of breathing space thanks to a well taken penalty. Hospitalet pulled a goal back with a few minutes remaining but we held on for a solid three points.

Good luck. Will be following this thread closely. Out of interest, why don't you have the traffic lights by your scores?

Because I switch over to the goalscorers in order to take screenshots. That way people can see who has scored for the club per game and also in what minutes.

Welcome back and it's good to see that you've made a good start to life at Sant Andreu although I do hate that division and it's playoff system :D

Cheers fella. I'm looking forward to it, and in truth, I think at best we can only hope for that dreaded play-off system :D.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - November & December 2013

Segunda Division B3

November Results

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsde8f241d.png

Our form took a turn for the worse at the back-end of November and our first defeats of the season have seriously hindered confidence.

When we took the lead in the 84th minute away to Baleares we looked all set for three points, but it just wasn't to be as a lapse in concentration cost us in the 90th minute. Our only win in the month came with a very hard fought win against Reus. After taking the lead in the second half after an even opening period we had a man sent off which turned the tie completely. We plugged away with some solid defensive work before catching them out on the break to seal the win. Our first defeat of the season came away to leaders Valencia Mestalla, which is hardly something worth feeling too disappointed about. We played well in the opening period and took the lead on the half hour mark, but in first half stoppage time we conceded and that swung the game in their favour. We just didn't come out in the second half and although we clung on, two late goals denied us a point. At Alcoyano we were poor throughout. A first half stoppage time goal of our own took us in at the lead level but it didn't change things as we conceded in the second half as we just couldn't find our way into the game.

December Results

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsa1229b73.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages_zps0596e483.png

Poor form continued throughout December and into the winter break with another tough month, but some shocking results on our part. We were unbelievably unlucky to come out of the Gimnastic game with just a point because it was a fabulous performance. We were a goal down at the break but improved massively in the second half and it didn't take us long to find an equaliser. We kept pushing and finally broke their stubborn defence down with a little over ten minutes left on the clock. Just as it looked like the points were ours, deep, deep into stoppage time we conceded a deflected effort to cost us what would have been a morale boosting win, but instead it sunk our confidence even lower. With confidence low, Lleida took advantage of that and defeated us 2-0 on our own turf. We managed to battle our way to our first victory in five against Constancia before an awful performance rounded off the year as we were thumped on the road 4-0.

Copa RFEF

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps00cba0e0.png

Considering our opponents, although in the Segunda Division as well, they are vastly superior than us so I am hardly surprised with our exit. We played well in both legs, but their extra class told.

Very decent start! Hopefully you can pick your form up in the new year! Any space in the budget for a new player or two?

Fingers crossed yeah.

Transfers is tricky. We are allowed a maximum of 16 players aged 23-years or older, something which is already at its limit so we can't sign any older players. We have a total of 21 players in a squad which is allowed 22 so we can technically sign one more player and anything after that will need to be a one out, one in process. There is plenty in the wage budget, but nothing in the transfer kitty.

Always interested in your careers; brilliant reads!

Doubly interested in this one as I am managing Albacete in Segunda B1; although in different circumstances due to the new patch downgrading my reputation after being sacked as Athletico Madrids manager!

Doing pretty well so far, but need to tighten up that defence!

We do indeed, but it hasn't happened in January :D.

You can have both, just edit the columns to include goal scorers.

Meh. I'm not fussed.

Always interested in your careers; brilliant reads!

Doubly interested in this one as I am managing Albacete in Segunda B1; although in different circumstances due to the new patch downgrading my reputation after being sacked as Athletico Madrids manager!

Cheers fella. Glad to have you following.

Got a good chance of the playoffs.

Good chance yeah, but form needs to pick up.

Good start there. Surprised to see you lost 4-0 to a team that sitting 17th :eek:

Just a bad day at the office.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - January 2014

Segunda Division B3

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps1ce34961.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages_zps2206bd0b.png

Given how difficult things were over the last couple of months I was delighted to go through a month unbeaten, but we are conceding goals at an alarming rate.

The Elche game proved to be unbelievably difficult but it was all about getting back to winning ways and that is exactly what we did. We rode our luck from time to time, but made a bright start to find ourselves two goals up after eleven minutes. We were up 2-1 when we added a third just after the break to restore our two goal lead. A late second from Elche made things nervy but we held on. The game against Villarreal was insane as it swung both ways, but in the end it was a late goal by us which gave us a point with all three of our goals coming from centre backs. We were left frustrated to only come away with a point against a poor Olot side before a high-scoring game against Prat. We were flying at four goals up with twenty minutes remaining but completely switched off to allow them to score three goals before adding a fifth to secure things.

Transfers - In

David Viana - Loan - I was torn whether we needed a defensive midfielder or an attacking one but decided that we needed an extra option going forward so brought in a solid looking attacking midfielder.

Samba Kanoute - Loan - Our second loan signing from England during the transfer window and a solid defender who can cover in a couple of positions. Pleased with this capture.

Jaume Domenech - Free - I felt this was a necessary signing given that our number one was 37yo and declining. A younger approach was needed and we got a brilliant player from Valencia Mestalla.

Transfers - Out

Once again nothing of real note, but three sales allowed us to bring in the players we did.

Really interesting read, love lower league careers! Well reading about them, I have never managed to get into one :lol:

Looking forward to following this.

Stop. Conceding. Goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Still going along well enough and should be making the payoffs from here.

You definitely need to tighten up the defence after those results. Not bad signings you have brought in.
tighten up the defence up and you should be ok pal

I hate conceding goals trust me :(. Been a tough few months in which we have struggled with injuries. Players are starting to come back now though.

Can the likes of Valencia Mestalla and the B teams get promoted?

The B teams aren't allowed in La Liga, but not sure if the first team were relegated if they are allowed in the same division in the lower-leagues or not.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - February 2014

Segunda Division B3

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zpsd6280b6b.png

SegundaDivisioacutenBGrupo3_OverviewStages_zps2bb63b77.png

A fantastic month given three of our four opponents were against top-half teams and two of those games against sides chasing a Play-Off spot.

We weren't at our best against Huracan Valencia who controlled the game for large periods but our defence was fantastic during the game. We scored on the brink of half-time thanks to a well-worked corner. An own-goal in the second half with just over twenty minutes remaining gave us a nice lead to hang onto and that is exactly what we did. Away to Olimpic our character was really tested. Xavi Jiminez gave us the lead twice in the game but both times we were pegged back. We kept plugging away though and a mix-up in the Olimpic defence gave us our third of the game, and the winning goal in the 90th minute for a hard fought three points. After going behind away to Levante 'B' and a poor first half showing we counted ourselves lucky to go in at the break level. The second half was a poor affair but in the 84th minute it looked like we had another three points when we took the lead. It wasn't to be though as we conceded in the 94th minute to deny us. The month rounded off with a very poor game from a neutral prospective, but we scored what was the only goal of the game just after the break to give us all three points.

Archived