Slow PC help

Looking for some help/tips on how to make my game run quicker. I have a cheapish 4yr old acer (not sure of specs, im at work, but graphics card wise I may as well put my shoe in place of it, it would do a better job) but the game is soooo slow. I can only run the prem and championship before it starts to get too painful to play. Can take around 5 - 8 mins to do an international week jusy skipping through the days ive got no games. Id love to load more leagues but I cant, so was hoping someone could help with some ideas with what to do.

Also, im 'internal computer workings' illiterate so try and keep it simple!!

Thanks in advance!

Off the top of my head, computer performance star rating is 1.5 or 2 and estimated game speed is 1 star i think. Would turning background images, 3d match engine off, and things like that help?

Looking for some help/tips on how to make my game run quicker. I have a cheapish 4yr old acer (not sure of specs, im at work, but graphics card wise I may as well put my shoe in place of it, it would do a better job) but the game is soooo slow. I can only run the prem and championship before it starts to get too painful to play. Can take around 5 - 8 mins to do an international week jusy skipping through the days ive got no games. Id love to load more leagues but I cant, so was hoping someone could help with some ideas with what to do.

Also, im 'internal computer workings' illiterate so try and keep it simple!!

Thanks in advance!

Off the top of my head, computer performance star rating is 1.5 or 2 and estimated game speed is 1 star i think. Would turning background images, 3d match engine off, and things like that help?

Buy a new laptop. Seriously.

If your star rating is 1.5/2 stars there won't be much you can do, apart from be patient.

I reckon you could get a refurbished laptop for £250 which would be good enough. I have an Acer which isn't anything fancy at all. i3 processor and 6gb RAM. Nothing special on the graphics side, similar to your shoe I'd bet and it gets 5 star rating. It's 3 years old...

Edit: I can comfortably run all English leagues, Denmark, Russia, Italy, Germany and Spain with it....

Buy a new laptop. Seriously.

If your star rating is 1.5/2 stars there won't be much you can do, apart from be patient.

I reckon you could get a refurbished laptop for £250 which would be good enough. I have an Acer which isn't anything fancy at all. i3 processor and 6gb RAM. Nothing special on the graphics side, similar to your shoe I'd bet and it gets 5 star rating. It's 3 years old...

Edit: I can comfortably run all English leagues, Denmark, Russia, Italy, Germany and Spain with it....

Thanks. I feared as much. Was kinda wishfully thinking there was a magic button to press! You'd definitely go laptop over desktop?

Depends if you need the mobility of a laptop. If not, desktop every time.

I agree. I used to have a desktop and feared the switch to a laptop would hinder my FM playing. Not the case at all. Laptop copes just fine.

If you have the space for a desktop, go for that. If not, don't worry as you'll be fine with a half decent laptop. Probably cheaper for the laptop too.

Archived