Is it possible to make your own stadiums

GEORGE WEAH

• 3 weeks later...
There is some kind of custom 3D stadium pack on fm-brazil I think. Check it out maybe thats what youre after.

They're great, wonder how he got the sia files (if thats what he used) to open.. must learn some portugese and ask him..

how do you do that bobson please??

Well, as an example, take Villa Park. In the editor you see it has a capacity of 42.785. This is also the "used capacity". You then change "seating capacity" to 42.000, and tick "capacity for all-seater competitions at 42.785. Voila!! You now have a nice four stand stadium, very much more similar to Villa Park in real life..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This weekend I grabbed the FM Brazil download, thanks for the heads-up, cruyff14. Turns out he's modified a similar patch called the FM 2014 Ad Board Patch from another popular FM site, and just changed all the ad boards to supporter's flags, club logos, ultra tifos, etc. Looks great. It's pretty easy to modify; just go into the graphics/pictures/ads folder, find whichever png image of whatever club you'd like, and then switch out that image to one of your own choosing. I spent the past couple of days grabbing various images off the internet and converting to png files to create individual stadium backgrounds for all the Premiership and La Liga BBVA clubs ((the two leagues I'm playing now), as well as a handful of Champions Leagues regulars. Gives each stadium some of its own flair.

Here's some screenshots of the results....

7n0x.png

Liverpool (director cam)

r9r3.png

Norwich (sideline cam)

i1a0.png

Porto (director cam)

ozck.png

Liverpool (behind the goal cam)

t4g3.png

Rayo Vallecano (TV cam)

5qrn.png

Real Betis (TV cam)

If anyone's interesting I can upload the files I've created so far, if SI approves (they may not be happy with people stripping their existing ads). But as I mentioned, if you grab either that fm-brazil file or the Ad Board one, you can create your own pretty easily.

• SI Staff

Really impressive!

It will be a huge work, I think you shouldn't do all of this alone. Feel free to contact me by mp if you'd like some help...and yes if SI allows it I'm interested in an upload.

I think that the main matter of SI about ads or supporter flags is the copyright. I'm quite sure that all the stuff are under copyright.

Really impressive!

It will be a huge work, I think you shouldn't do all of this alone. Feel free to contact me by mp if you'd like some help...and yes if SI allows it I'm interested in an upload.

I think that the main matter of SI about ads or supporter flags is the copyright. I'm quite sure that all the stuff are under copyright.

Thanks for the feedback, AlienIR. I'll see if there's any other interest in this and go from there, maybe put it up as a work-in-progress either here or (if SI disapproves) another site, and encourage others to add images for other leagues. Will let you know. I just became a father last month, though, so I don't have a lot of time alas, and mainly did this as a little mental escape while the baby sleeps.

Regarding actual stadiums, I don't know, as that's probably a level of graphics beyond my skills.

I don`t know how to upload screenshots, so I can`t show you. But as I´ve mentioned before, I´ve changed lots of stadiums from being "bowl type" stadiums to stadiums with four seperate stands. Like Villa Park, Goodison Park, Upton Park, Elland Road, Ewood Park etc. Don`t know whether this is what people would like to do, but to me, it makes the game much more enjoyable to watch.

I don`t know how to upload screenshots, so I can`t show you. But as I´ve mentioned before, I´ve changed lots of stadiums from being "bowl type" stadiums to stadiums with four seperate stands. Like Villa Park, Goodison Park, Upton Park, Elland Road, Ewood Park etc. Don`t know whether this is what people would like to do, but to me, it makes the game much more enjoyable to watch.

Thats an epic amount of work for this.. well done sir.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived