Looking for some help, been abit of a noob

So i went to start a challenge before christmas.

Anyways I just realized i started with a Large database by accident. Normally I'd have far more leagues and selling players would be easy. Anyways clearly with just Scotland loaded now I'm higher up it has a huge effect on the game.

So in an aim to help my game keep going (i don't really want to restart after 7 seasons) I've decided at the end of this year to add some leagues.

So i have a few questions.

1. Will adding leagues drastically slow my game?

2. Can i load some leagues in view only?

3. Will "new players" generated kill it ?

4. How many leagues should i look to load to support a nation such as Scotland?

sorry to be pushy, but loaded up and select a few leagues, all top leagues from Britain (League 2 for england), top leagues from the most of the European nations, and tier 2+ on the major european nations.

It says it expects 82,000 players, but a default database with same leagues is only 62,000 players.

Why is that?

sorry to be pushy, but loaded up and select a few leagues, all top leagues from Britain (League 2 for england), top leagues from the most of the European nations, and tier 2+ on the major european nations.

It says it expects 82,000 players, but a default database with same leagues is only 62,000 players.

Why is that?

You're quite a few seasons into the game, so all of those leagues will now have lots of regens, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean here.

You're quite a few seasons into the game, so all of those leagues will now have lots of regens, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean here.

Basically I loaded Scotland only with a large database doing a version of a challenge i done on FM12 that i really enjoyed. Not doing it as serious this time but the principle is the same. The large wasn't mean just i had that on my previous load.

Because of it though I've killed the transfer market. No players really move on a fee now, unless its a youngster who I can't keep v prying English teams eyes, and its the same for AI clubs.

So i thought I'd add some leagues, but its saying its going to have 20,000 people more than it would at the start of the game.

Basically im asking, will it help my transfer issue and stabilise over a few years, secondly will it kill the speed with insane amount of regens as of bugs of a couple of years ago,

1. Will adding leagues drastically slow my game?

2. Can i load some leagues in view only?

3. Will "new players" generated kill it ?

4. How many leagues should i look to load to support a nation such as Scotland?

1. Adding leagues will always slow down the game, the question is how much will each one slow it down which is dependant on your PC and is it an exceptable speed for you to play at. As long as you have a decent PC anything under 8-10 leagues shouldn't really be that noticable but its all a case of trial & error I'm afraid.

2. You can but I suspect from others threads that it won't fix your problem, It should help a little though. Playable > view only > nothing I guess.

3. Not sure as I don't like adding leagues in my saves as the teams don't generate with the players that would be there had you ran them from the start.

4. Depends where you want to play. If you just want to manage in Scotland then something like England (Top two leagues), Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, top leagues of Italy, France, Spain, Germany then Belgium, Holland, Scandinavian countries I would maybe go for.

EDIT

Basically when I build saves I look to add the nearest countries as well as the major nations in the continent to keep the continental comps competitive and realistic.

1. Adding leagues will always slow down the game, the question is how much will each one slow it down which is dependant on your PC and is it an exceptable speed for you to play at. As long as you have a decent PC anything under 8-10 leagues shouldn't really be that noticable but its all a case of trial & error I'm afraid.

2. You can but I suspect from others threads that it won't fix your problem, It should help a little though. Playable > view only > nothing I guess.

3. Not sure as I don't like adding leagues in my saves as the teams don't generate with the players that would be there had you ran them from the start.

4. Depends where you want to play. If you just want to manage in Scotland then something like England (Top two leagues), Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, top leagues of Italy, France, Spain, Germany then Belgium, Holland, Scandinavian countries I would maybe go for.

EDIT

Basically when I build saves I look to add the nearest countries as well as the major nations in the continent to keep the continental comps competitive and realistic.

Thanks Cougar thats a good help :)

Archived