"Baker's Dozen" Sign-up thread (in development)

FM-14 Sign-up "Baker's Dozen" (Scotland expanded pyramid)

Former Scottish footballer Scott Baker has fortuitously been given charge of a squad of the

greatest new faces in Scottish football (isn't that how these things always start?). Of course,

he's starting out at or near the bottom of a very tall pyramid (team to be later determined).

Objective: to drive these stalwart lads to the top of the Scottish pyramid and beyond, or barring

that, shepherd them to successful careers in professional continental football.

Sign-up/experiment will end as soon as all starting players leave the beginning club. Should

Scott Baker fail, the team will continue to be followed through either an AI manager or second

player manager.

Sign up will be limited to a "Baker's dozen" (13 players: GK, DL, DC, DR, DM, ML, CM, MR

AML, AMC, AMR, ST, ST).

Each person (other than GK) may select a secondary player position, i.e. DL/WBL, DR/DC,

DM/MC, AML/ST, etc.

Because this is my first-run sign-up, this is still a fluid development process, and I'm open to

any suggestions/changes. At any rate, once we get our 13, it will take me a little time to

select a team and edit in our players into the team database, and then we'll get it rolling.

What is needed from you:

Player Name:

Position(s):

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, Scottish will likely get you more

playing time, but it's up to you, or assign Scotland as second nationality):

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/96 and

7/1/98)

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary):

right foot/left foot:

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be

randomized by the database.:

You may select one PPM

CA/PA will be randomized outside of the database and entered.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell... haven't done on of these for a while

Player Name: Iain McRuaridh

Position(s): M L / AM C

Nationality/Place of birth : Stornoway, Scotland (2nd Nat: Faroe Islands)

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/96 and

7/1/98) - any

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): any

right foot/left foot: left

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be

18 creativty

15 decisions

12 passing

3 long throws (or jumping if that's cheating :))

You may select one PPM - arrives late in area

Player Name: Alexander Jaya

Position(s): AMR/AMC

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, Scottish will likely get you more

playing time, but it's up to you, or assign Scotland as second nationality): Jakarta, Indonesia (2nd Nat: Scotland)

7/1/98) - 10/27/1997

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Dark Brown/East Asian

right foot/left foot: Right

18 Dribbling

15 Composure

12 Strength

3 Positioning (or Jumping)

You may select one PPM - Places shots

Player Name:Matty Mcflynn

Position(s):STC /AMC

Nationality/Place of birth:Berwick Scotland 2nd Nat: English

Birthdate : 26/8/97

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary):dark brown white

right foot/left foot: right

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3.: shooting 18 / composure 15 / acceleration 12 / long throws 3

You may select one PPM : places shots

Player Name: Salman Zia

Position(s): D R/ DM C

Nationality/Place of birth : Glasgow, Scotland (2nd Nat: Pakistani)

7/1/98) - 27/10/97

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Red

18 acceleration

15 positioning

12 marking

3 injury proneness

You may select one PPM - Likes to run down right flank

Player Name: Josh Crane

Position(s): MC/AMR

playing time, but it's up to you, or assign Scotland as second nationality): Berwick

7/1/98) 9th December 97

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): White, Brown hair

randomized by the database.: Composure 18 , Passing 15, Long shots (Or if thats not available then work rate) 12, and long throws 3

You may select one PPM Shoot from distance (Or long shot ppm)

Player Name: Malcolm McDouglas

Position(s): GK

Nationality/Place of birth: Scottish/Wick

Birthdate: 15/6/96 (3 points to who gets the significance of that date :p)

Hair color/complexion: Ginger/Pale white skin

Right foot

Assign one attribute: 18 agility, 15 eccentricity, 12 command of area 3 Free kick taking

Damn..my GK position taken :)

Player Name: Dwayne Kincaid

Position(s): DC/ST

Nationality/Place of birth Mildenhall, England/Scotish

7/1/98) 3 Jun 97

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Lt. Brown/White

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3.

Jumping 18

Pace 12

Long Shots 3

Determination 15

PPM: Gets forward whenever possible

Player Name: Arron Balmont

Position(s): MC/AM

Nationality/Place of birth LuxembourgScotland /Isle of Arran

Birthdate 2/8/97

right foot/left foot: Left

randomized by the database.: Mental 18 Determination / 15 Passing / Physical 12 Fitness / 3 Tackling

You may select one PPM : Dictates Tempo

Player Name: Felix Vroom

Position(s): MR/AMC

Nationality/Place of birth: Papua New Guinea/Port Moresby (2nd Nat: Scotland)

Birthdate: 3/1/98

randomized by the database.: 18 passing, 15 determination, 12 pace, 3 marking

You may select one PPM: tries killer balls often

Player Name:Andrew MacTavish

Position(s): St, AML

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, Scottish will likely get you more Edinburgh/Scotish

7/1/98) Don't care

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Black/Tanned

randomized by the database.: 18 finishing, 15 Composure, 12 Technique. annnndddd 3 Tackling

PPM: PLaces Shots

Player Name:Andrew MacTavish

Position(s): St, AML

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, Scottish will likely get you more Edinburgh/Scotish

7/1/98) Don't care

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Black/Tanned

randomized by the database.: 18 finishing, 15 Composure, 12 Technique. annnndddd 3 Tackling

PPM: PLaces Shots

You PM'ed me about being the AML as your primary position, do you want that over the Striker position? I put you in as Striker since you listed that first under positions, but I can switch it out.

Player Name: Freddy Teron

Position(s): DM

Nationality/Place of birth : Gilbraltar (2nd Nat: Scotland)

7/1/98) - 6/3/1999

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Black

18 passing

15 decisions

12 creativity

3 long throws

You may select one PPM - tries killer balls often

Player Name: Ronald McDonald

Position(s): DL

Nationality/Place of birth : Scotland

Birthdate: 7/1/98

Hair color/complexion: Red

18 crossing

15 tackling

12 creativity

3 pace :D

You may select one PPM - argues with officials

Player Name: William Wallace

Position(s): AML/ST

Nationality/Place of birth : Scottish (Bonnyrigg)

Birthdate : 8/21/1997

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Bald/white

Assign one attribute at 18, 15, 12...and 3 : Bravery 18, Determination 15, Leadership 12, Composure 3

You may select one PPM: Plays One-twos

So, I'll get working on it, I believe I'll be selecting Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic Club of the Eastern Superleague as our home club (as I had a fun long-term 16-year save with them in FM13, and I coincidentally have one of their player jerseys to wear while simming the season.) Give me a day or two to get things up and running and I'll have some start screens to look at. I'll start up a new thread for the simmed results.

Went into the editor, entered all the players into the database, added them to the correct team, started up fm 14 to start up a save...and none of the entered/edicted players show up in the Bonnyrigg database. Got to figure out how they're showing in the editor, but not in the game.

Stupid question maybe...when you started game, you did select the new database?

I opened up the database, added in all the new players under Bonnyrigg, merged it to the expanded Scotland database I was going to use, loaded up that database from the start menu, got all the way to "select team", selected Bonnyrigg, and...no added/edited players on the roster(s) (senior or Under 19). When I went into the Bonnyrigg database with the editor and deleted all the default players, leaving nothing but the edited/added players, and loaded up the game...the roster was all "greyed-out" players, no edited players.

I tried adding each player as a separate "database" and then adding them to the team. Loaded it up and 7 of the 13 players appeared on the squad roster. Other six players...nowhere to be found, nowhere in the entire database. The seven who did appear looked really good, though.

Im excited I want this to hurry up and work xD
I'm half-tempted to buy the in-game editor, start up a game, and immediately edit the needed number of players into our players. Just "end-around" the database editor.

thank you all for your continuing patience - I made several attempts with various Scottish expanded databases to insert our young lads into an existing team, and I suspect I've messed the databases up so thoroughly that they probably wouldn't play anyway, so I'm wiping the databases and players out of my system and starting over with a clean slate. Hopefully with work and family responsibilities I might have it up and running (with early screenshots) up by the end of the weekend. Cross your fingers.

I THINK I've got it now, but the team is now Stirling Albion, because the database I picked doesn't have Bonnyrigg Athletic available, so I had to transfer all the players over to Stirling contracts. Beginning screenshots should hopefully be up soon.

Impression: We'd better get back to back promotions quickly or there's going to be a fire sale. Already, 16-year-old McDouglas would like a $1K/week contract, and he hasn't played a competitive game yet.

I'll just be running a normal save, reporting periodically any big news, transfers, great results and bad injuries. If you have any input on player training, let me know and I'll see what I can do. This is my first attempt at a "sign-up", so be gentle...it's casual.

Yeah MacTavish turned out pretty well too, decent heading, dribbling, finishing, pace, acceleration, jump reach =) great striker lets hope he can bring in some goals.

Oh, he's already fun to watch, takes the ball and just goes for the goal.

Archived