[FM14] FCUtdWill's English National League System - Level 11 - Released

I'm proud to announce my full Level 11 file for FM14,

Available on the Steam Workshop now!

Picture_zps00a77c39.jpg

It's been a long journey to get this far, but one that is finished and I'm very pleased with. Year on year my editing has got better, and this is one of the best things I've done for the Football Manager series.

A massive thank you to everyone who has downloaded my BETA file over the last five months, and great to see so many people enjoying the file. I've put a lot of hard work into this and tried to make it the most realistic lower league file available.

So, what does the full version contain?

It contains the same as the BETA, but with more, including:

- All Level 11 leagues, with correct clubs, cities and stadiums for each with the most recent winners/runners-up for leagues that have charity shield matches

- All Level 11 league cups and the addition of prize money for them. Some league cup competitions have clubs lower than Level 11 taking part as well

- The introduction of the full Professional Development League for both U21/U18 teams

- A modified Conference Youth Alliance with U21 teams (but named as reserves) for clubs taking part in the Conference leagues

- Full Reserve Leagues down to Level 10, again these are U21 teams, but named as reserve teams

- Home matchdays for all clubs down to Level 10

- Level 12 leagues are included, but show up as inactive in the nation rules

Update v2 contains the following:

(Updated 29/04/2014)

- Level 11 Reserve Divisions for leagues that have them, based on real life

- An additional Isthmian League Reserve Division, based on the Isthmian League U21 division

- Reverted back to my original FA Cup structure and removed specific clubs from entering every year. Darlington 1883 will enter in the competition from the first season, to make this happen, I've removed one of the places from the Hellenic League One West

- Reverted back to my original FA Vase structure, removed Level 11 clubs and allocated the remaining 17 clubs to Hellenic League One East (from 2 originally to 9), Hellenic League One West (6 to 9) and Kent Invicta League (2 to 9)

- Promotion/relegation between Level 11 and 12, but Level 12 will be inactive

- Removed four Level 12 leagues as they're not at that level

Any bugs or corrections to be made, please let me know.

Thank you, and enjoy the file.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is this is a massive project and it has taken Will a lot of work and countless hours to even get this far

Couple of things I have noticed while testing

Finances are a lot better this year - I'm not sure if it has been an improvement in the actual game or if it is down to Will setting club reputation at the same value for each team at the same level (i.e. all L10 teams start with 400) - TBH I thought is was down to some teams having a defined rep and some having a random one in previous years databases - in previous years I've seen L10 clubs having 500k debts after 10 years - if you don't go mad and go over your wage budget you should make a profit on the season :) So finances are a massive improvement (for whatever reason) and make a long save possible

League attendance has improved a lot (average, min and max have been set for all teams too - no random values again) during testing teams averaged between 74 and 350 at L10 and they changed with success or failure over the seasons and increased gradually at higher levels - NO attendances of 1 anymore like I'm seen with other databases :D

I can honestly say this is the best database I've seen and after the other developments and expansions it will be the most realistic version ever of FM

A BIG thank you to Will for all the hard work :)

And to everyone else - you will LOVE this :cool:

EDIT:

Forgot to say I'm running another holiday game and testing club rep development, a more detailed financial analysis, ticket prices, season ticket prices and totals, and one or two other things :)

Super huge thanks to the OP and MasterofSuspense, plus anyone else who helped. I can tell a huge amount of work went into this, and it looks epic! No longer will I have to refresh the forums to see if the pyramid has been posted either haha.

Time to start my long-awaited "real" save. Hopefully it will be a journeyman's masterpiece ranging from the lower depths of USA or England to the minnow nations of Europe, Central America, or Asia. Lastly it will finish off in the highest levels of play in Spain, Italy, Germany, etc. The FM community is wonderful.

One thing i've noticed so far is that i've taken over a Level 10 club with no wage budget. When it comes to signing players, they all want a year contract which is x per week. I can only offer £1 and nothing more.

From what I've seen L10 teams get an initial wage budget of around £200 p/w which can be increased slightly when you choose your season expectations

Most of my players are non-contract anyway and around £150 of my wage budget is used up by players on youth contracts - so signing them as non-contract is the way to go at that level

My wage budget in the test game was raised to £1500 for the 3rd season (still L10) after making a decent profit in season 2

Was this done on basic or advanced editor?

Basic, but will be adding some bits using the advanced editor for the full version.

Full Version Will Be Released After or Before the 01/01?

After the New Year, I'm taking a few days off editing and playing the game for myself.

Re: wage budgets

Wage budget rises from £205 to £381 for season 2 in my game

I started with Newbury FC who are in the Hellenic Prem, L9 i think, and i got awarded a 6K wage budget, they offered up to 6.75 if I could win the league :eek:

Is that normal for a team that far down to have that much capital expenditure up their sleeve? :confused:

I started with Newbury FC who are in the Hellenic Prem, L9 i think, and i got awarded a 6K wage budget, they offered up to 6.75 if I could win the league :eek:

Is that normal for a team that far down to have that much capital expenditure up their sleeve? :confused:

Newbury £1218 p/w in my game at the start of season 3 - 9k in debt though so maybe the reason it's lower (a few teams have around £3k p/w in season 3)

Mine is now £672 p/w in season 3 after a £24k profit in season 2 \0/

Just gave this a download and had a little look around whilst I was waiting for the ol Christmas meal, very much impressed mate :thup: Will have a little play around with it more later and see if anything major needs changing, otherwise I'll look forward to starting my last FM save with this in the new year :)

Most probably there is no money set as available wage budget for that team in the editor ,in fact this is the case in most teams down to these divisions , so the game calculates and provide you with a random amount of money. I believe that your team also does not have any real playes contracted to them or at maximum it has 2-3 players , possibly on non contract terms.

As the other guys has said , they have some wage budget available. This is because they have some players contracted to the team so the available wage baudget is in fact the sum of the wages of the existing players.

Most probably there is no money set as available wage budget for that team in the editor ,in fact this is the case in most teams down to these divisions , so the game calculates and provide you with a random amount of money. I believe that your team also does not have any real playes contracted to them or at maximum it has 2-3 players , possibly on non contract terms.

As the other guys has said , they have some wage budget available. This is because they have some players contracted to the team so the available wage baudget is in fact the sum of the wages of the existing players.

This beta looks very promising, I would suggest to mass edit all the wage budgets to avoid these situations.

For example, when I pick Sporting Khalsa(1 amateur player) my wage budget is £60 per month(£14 per week) and if I pick Wolverhampton Sporting Community(no players) the monthly wage budget is £15.6K. Both are level 10 teams in the same league with the same reputation. Again thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks very much for this. A few things, is there a reason why the county leagues have been given such high reputations (45), which leads to clubs that usually would get 50, getting regular crowds of 300? And also I notice there's a few oddities, like for instance both Darlington and Kettering at step 4 are getting very low crowds, Darlington only 200 (irl its around 1000) and Kettering getting exactly 20, yes 20 every single league match (irl its around 500/600), any ideas as to what could be causing this?

This beta looks very promising, I would suggest to mass edit all the wage budgets to avoid these situations.

For example, when I pick Sporting Khalsa(1 amateur player) my wage budget is £60 per month(£14 per week) and if I pick Wolverhampton Sporting Community(no players) the monthly wage budget is £15.6K. Both are level 10 teams in the same league with the same reputation. Again thanks for all the hard work!

I don't know why some clubs have higher wage budgets than others as they're all set to £0.

I'll look into it :)

Thanks very much for this. A few things, is there a reason why the county leagues have been given such high reputations (45), which leads to clubs that usually would get 50, getting regular crowds of 300? And also I notice there's a few oddities, like for instance both Darlington and Kettering at step 4 are getting very low crowds, Darlington only 200 (irl its around 1000) and Kettering getting exactly 20, yes 20 every single league match (irl its around 500/600), any ideas as to what could be causing this?

I've made myself a reputation system that goes beyond Level 10 so that's why they're high. I'll have another look at my system to see what I can do to improve it.

Darlington and Kettering's attendances were left as they were, I haven't touched them.

Just checked Kettering in my game and average attendance is indeed 20 - good news is they won the league by 22 points :D

I don't know why some clubs have higher wage budgets than others as they're all set to £0.

I'll look into it :)

By default is not set to £0 , it is empty (greyed out in the editor) , so if you do not have any player on contract it gives you a random value. It is like i.e an attribute of a player that does not have a value , and the game generate a random value. Since it is random , you may have a different value for the same team if you start a new save.

Please have also in mind that in the editor you set the remaining wage budget and not the total amount of the budget. So if you have players on contract with for example £300 per week contracts and your remaining budget entry in the db is £100 then your team's wage budget for the season will be £400.

Both Darlington and Kettering went up and now attendances are pretty much what you'd expect them to be, though still not sure what happened in the first season and I've also noticed around the levels below Conference level, certain clubs having a set Saturday league attendance throughout the season, for instance Wealdstone won the Ryman/Isthmian Premier, yet every one of their league attendances on a Saturday was 250, even the last day of the season (which for a title winning side usually increases quite substantially), it was 250, very strange.

Movements between leagues look generally fine, and at county level, there were a few movements sideways that have happened before irl as well, though not sure how the game managed to put Thurrock in the Northern Premier League Division One North!

Both Darlington and Kettering went up and now attendances are pretty much what you'd expect them to be, though still not sure what happened in the first season and I've also noticed around the levels below Conference level, certain clubs having a set Saturday league attendance throughout the season, for instance Wealdstone won the Ryman/Isthmian Premier, yet every one of their league attendances on a Saturday was 250, even the last day of the season (which for a title winning side usually increases quite substantially), it was 250, very strange.

Movements between leagues look generally fine, and at county level, there were a few movements sideways that have happened before irl as well, though not sure how the game managed to put Thurrock in the Northern Premier League Division One North!

Ketting now averaging 332 after promotion to the Southern Premier season 2

Another thing I've noticed, is that no one (bar a few teams like Celtic Nation in the NL) in the edited leagues seems to want to score any goals. 10-15 games into the season and looking round the leagues at step 3 and below and virtually no player has scored more than 3 or 4 goals and there are a lot of low scoring games with very few games with more than 3 goals, is this something to do with just the game in general, sorry I've only just got FM14?

Another thing I've noticed, is that no one (bar a few teams like Celtic Nation in the NL) in the edited leagues seems to want to score any goals. 10-15 games into the season and looking round the leagues at step 3 and below and virtually no player has scored more than 3 or 4 goals and there are a lot of low scoring games with very few games with more than 3 goals, is this something to do with just the game in general, sorry I've only just got FM14?

It happens in the lower leagues, the leagues have a low reputation (compared to the top leagues) so that's why. Plus, players move clubs regularly at this level. If you manage in a Level 9/10 league, you should see more though.

Trying to play a network game on the Beta but when mate tries to join the bar hangs for a while and doesn't allow him to join. It saying joining game then quits out. Is this a Beta thing? Have you lads tried a network game yet? Game looks great in single player, having fun with Hamworthy United ....good work lads.

regards Rob

Waiting the file... :)

Nice work

The full release will be out in February time, I'm still doing research on the file.

Trying to play a network game on the Beta but when mate tries to join the bar hangs for a while and doesn't allow him to join. It saying joining game then quits out. Is this a Beta thing? Have you lads tried a network game yet? Game looks great in single player, having fun with Hamworthy United ....good work lads.

regards Rob

It's got nothing to do with it being a Beta, it's what I've called it as there are things I want to add to make it the full version.

Are you both running the database at the same time?

Yeah we are both running your file plus the names fix for German national team etc which I believe is called fm14_susie_real_names_fixes_v1.2.rar from sortitoutsi website. Would it cause a problem if my mate had face packs, logo etc added and I didn't? Have you tried to join a network game using your edited file? Thanks Rob

Yeah we are both running your file plus the names fix for German national team etc which I believe is called fm14_susie_real_names_fixes_v1.2.rar from sortitoutsi website. Would it cause a problem if my mate had face packs, logo etc added and I didn't? Have you tried to join a network game using your edited file? Thanks Rob

Okay, that shouldn't cause a problem.

I don't play network games so haven't tried it. Have you both tried hosting the game?

We got it to work........................ Yipppppppeeeeeeeeeee.......... When the bar was stuck processing at the point my mate wanted to join the game, I just put him on holiday and click forward one day and the bar finished processing and let him join. :-) Will let you know how we get on.

Will be there Level 11 or only Level 10? :)

There'll be a few options available for download when it's all finished :) I haven't decided how I'm going to release them yet.

Will the BETA allow clubs from levels 8 and lower to join the U19 and 21 leagues?

I honestly don't know, I'm going to be scrapping the U18/U21 leagues that are on the beta for the full version. The majority of clubs will be playing in their own reserve leagues.

Archived