New Career Game After January Patch

First off I would like to apologise if I am stepping on anybody's toes or upsetting anyone.

But, after reading through these Forums I have noticed that many FM'ers are not starting a new career game until after the January patch.

Surely SI must realise this & show some concern as to the amount of people doing this.

Now, whilst many FM'ers realise the game cannot (and never will) be perfect from the outset, the amount of problems being reported must be worrying.

Whilst nearly everybody buys the game upon release,at a price of roughly £30.00p not being able to play a career game until January seems a bit of a let-down. As you will be getting only roughly 9-10 months of game time for your money.

Surely, the best way forward would be to put the release date back until the majority of problems have been fixed by the testers at SI & not the buying public.

Thank you for reading this as it is not a rant, but just an onlookers view.

There is a bug on 4.22 which makes unemployed career games unplayable as you cannot get a job - nor can you get another one if you are sacked or resign. SI are looking into a fix.

I stated again with the patch hoping everything would be ok but alas this major bug occurred.

It doesn't stop you playing the game as you could pick a random club instead of being approached by teams.

The tricky thing with assuming people posting here on the forums are the majority is: If they are enjoying the game, are they really posting? Some people come to the forums to interact. Many come to voice their frustration or concerns. Especially, in the general forum, you will usually have loud and vocal players being "concerned." This does not mean that the majority does not play the game.

Personally, I have played a long-term save since BETA and could continue playing it (my personal problem is that I usually have about 10 saves going). It is perfectly playable. Many of the issues I don't notice or only notice after I read the forum here.

The game is certainly not perfect but definitely playable. Have you ever tried the "other" so called simulations? If you have, you would be really happy with what you have here. It is always good to be constructive and improve the game but I don't see the point in attacking SI and the staff or threatening to throw the game out the window or break the computer, or claim money back, or never buy the game anymore because it is not playable (not saying you have, I am now summarizing many "rant" posts here).

Everyone can do as they wish, of course, but, objectively, it is a very playable game, and subjectively, I am having great fund.

First off I would like to apologise if I am stepping on anybody's toes or upsetting anyone.

But, after reading through these Forums I have noticed that many FM'ers are not starting a new career game until after the January patch.

Surely SI must realise this & show some concern as to the amount of people doing this.

Now, whilst many FM'ers realise the game cannot (and never will) be perfect from the outset, the amount of problems being reported must be worrying.

Whilst nearly everybody buys the game upon release,at a price of roughly £30.00p not being able to play a career game until January seems a bit of a let-down. As you will be getting only roughly 9-10 months of game time for your money.

Surely, the best way forward would be to put the release date back until the majority of problems have been fixed by the testers at SI & not the buying public.

I'm playing the game after the beta release and enjoyed every minute playing it.. I'm not saying that there is no problem ..

Anyone who says you cannot play this game until january is lying. The game has been perfectly playable since release day.

Its playable if you don't want to start unemployed - if you do its unplayable as you cannot get a job - which ruins many peoples games like mine.

Also wait until you resign or want another job then you will see the issue

Anyone who says you cannot play this game until january is lying. The game has been perfectly playable since release day.

It WAS perfectly playable until the latest patch. Now, if you start unemployed and with a low rep (such as Sunday League), you will find it virtually impossible to get a job. This is a bug that has been confirmed by SI. Thousands of players like to start unemployed with a Sunday League rep (myself included), which has made the game unplayable. I have also heard reports about players with national reps being unable to get jobs after resigning as well. However you look at it, the job situation is nuked.

Before you make statements about people lying, I suggest you actually real posts and visit the bugs forum. I have carried out numerous tests and have several friends who have also carried out independent tests, and I can confirm that this major bug is very real. I've holidayed through 10 years and applied for all jobs without getting a single interview - even for English club jobs. I have also progressed the game manually for 3 seasons and applied for jobs the instant they have become available, only to be told that the application process is over.

In terms of the ME, then yes it is perfectly playable as I tested it out last night. It is a big improvement over the previous patch. The actual career mode, however, is totally nuked. May be ok if you start as an international footballer at Liverpool or Barcelona, but try starting unemployed with a low rep and see what happens.

Then call people liars if you can.

9-10 months is pretty good if you ask me

I would think that there are 10 times more people if not more playing career games at the moment and enjoying them. If you look at the feedback posts those losing a few matches say its the worst update ever and those winning a few matches say its the best.

If you want to wait then go ahead and save some money but given the sales are mostly made up from repeat buyers who know how the process works it seems they are very happy. There is an argument also to wait for FM15 or maybe FM16

FM isn't perfect but then it improves every year so how can it be? There are bugs raised every year. However its probably one of the few games where you can have direct input into getting things resolved. If you find problems then log them

The vast majority don't even see them and enjoy the game

Is it possible for SI to confirm if they will be a Hotfix for this today as I would like to play over xmas break.

If not looks like I'll have to pick a club and start from there which is not really what I wanted to do - however Coventry save looks interesting in the meantime or until I get sacked

It WAS perfectly playable until the latest patch. Now, if you start unemployed and with a low rep (such as Sunday League), you will find it virtually impossible to get a job. This is a bug that has been confirmed by SI. Thousands of players like to start unemployed with a Sunday League rep (myself included), which has made the game unplayable. I have also heard reports about players with national reps being unable to get jobs after resigning as well. However you look at it, the job situation is nuked.

Before you make statements about people lying, I suggest you actually real posts and visit the bugs forum. I have carried out numerous tests and have several friends who have also carried out independent tests, and I can confirm that this major bug is very real. I've holidayed through 10 years and applied for all jobs without getting a single interview - even for English club jobs. I have also progressed the game manually for 3 seasons and applied for jobs the instant they have become available, only to be told that the application process is over.

In terms of the ME, then yes it is perfectly playable as I tested it out last night. It is a big improvement over the previous patch. The actual career mode, however, is totally nuked. May be ok if you start as an international footballer at Liverpool or Barcelona, but try starting unemployed with a low rep and see what happens.

Then call people liars if you can.

It doesn't make the game unplayable, its just means you cant start unemployed. There are utilities which allow a random selected team to be chosen. That's the point the poster makes

Is it possible for SI to confirm if they will be a Hotfix for this today as I would like to play over xmas break.

If not looks like I'll have to pick a club and start from there which is not really what I wanted to do - however Coventry save looks interesting in the meantime or until I get sacked

Whatever you do, don't get sacked or resign! LOL.

It doesn't make the game unplayable, its just means you cant start unemployed. There are utilities which allow a random selected team to be chosen. That's the point the poster makes

It means you cant start unemplyoed and also if you resign or are sacked the game is effectively over so you will have to start again and choose a team from the beginning.

Makes it unplayable from what I can see as if Im sacked or want to take another job I can't.

See what your point of view is if your sacked or want to move clubs!!

See what your point of view is if your sacked or want to move clubs!!

Yup, I've tried this as well. Started as a 4th div club in Sweden, left after the 4th season (following two promotions) and was unable to get a job for 5 years (I just quit the save in the end). It's totally broken. How anyone can say it is playable is beyond me, and how this bug got through testing is, quite frankly, laughable.

SI have been very, very quiet regarding this bug. Hopefully that means they are trying to fix it.

They won't tell. It will just appear as ever. The update a few weeks ago kept getting delayed because new things came up so this is why they won't say. They don't want to tell you yes it is on it's way, Then have to say 'oh you now need to wait until next week' Annoying? Yes! Fair? I think so

A random selected team is different to starting unemployed. Come on mate, let's be honest here :L

If I hadn't of started my career game on the last patch then this Sunday league can't get a job bug would make me not play the game. I always start with Sunday league and unemployed when I play my main career save, so this would ruin my main save. The game itself is not unplayablee but it is extremely annoying for people who like to start this way.

If I hadn't of started my career game on the last patch then this Sunday league can't get a job bug would make me not play the game. I always start with Sunday league and unemployed when I play my main career save, so this would ruin my main save. The game itself is not unplayablee but it is extremely annoying for people who like to start this way.

It's good of you to admit that! :thup:

What I find baffling is that playing journeyman saves before 14.2.0 did not have any problems, only after the patch has this part of the game become totally broken.

Do SI even have someone testing their patches before they're released?

Considering most of SI finished work for Christmas last Friday, I doubt there will be much happening till next week or possibly the week after.

What I find baffling is that playing journeyman saves before 14.2.0 did not have any problems, only after the patch has this part of the game become totally broken.

Do SI even have someone testing their patches before they're released?

Absolute 100% misguided rubbish that shows zero understanding of how development works.

yeah i have seen some of the si staff on the forums today like miles etc im the same matorko fm is only game i play its on hold just now no point playing if you cant get jobs im not just gonna add myself to a club and play when i play like it too be for a long term game...i ave had game since its been out havent actually started a career yet i was other day till seen this job business happening put me off.

It ruined my save.

I had 4 seasons at Leipzig back to back promotions then finished 4th and 2nd, also had a last 16 of the CL.

I left them not knowing this bug was in the game, I wanted a new challenge in another country, I could not get any job offers from England League 1 and up, no interviews also from the second leagues or up in Italy and Spain or France

In the mean time I was getting offered all the big jobs that came up in Germany, where I no longer wanted to play.

I understand that as I made my name in Germany they would be more aware of my skills but to be offered the likes of the Schalke job but be laughed at by the likes of Notts County and Carlisle etc who were in League 1 in England just is not right.

I went through an entire season and never got 1 job offer(outside of Germany), I got 1 interview but never got the job, stayed up until very late trying to get a job and I just gave up deleted all my saves in frustration.

I will wait until a patch sorts this before I start again, for me the game is unplayable as I want to be able to play with different clubs, also although I do not get the sack often, if I do I want to be able to get another job without having to go through all that again.

Absolute 100% misguided rubbish that shows zero understanding of how development works.

? How is it rubbish? I identified that bug within five minutes of playing the game. Try it for yourself. Start as an unemployed Sunday League footballer and try to get a job.

This quite clearly demonstrates that SI do not test this game as they should. Maybe they just assumed that portion of the game worked; unfortunately it does not. Not in the slightest. I would lock half a dozen people in a room and just tell them to play the game. This bug would not have seen the light of day if they had.

This is a very, very, very big bug that not only affects careers at the beginning, but also impacts them later on. You could be merrily playing your save, resign and then be unable to get a job for years and years. If you think that's acceptable then fine, but I would imagine that the vast majority would disagree with you completely.

The ME itself is the best yet and I like it a lot, but this one bug has crippled the career aspect of the game. There is no argument about that I'm afraid.

It ruined my save.

I had 4 seasons at Leipzig back to back promotions then finished 4th and 2nd, also had a last 16 of the CL.

I left them not knowing this bug was in the game, I wanted a new challenge in another country, I could not get any job offers from England League 1 and up, no interviews also from the second leagues or up in Italy and Spain or France

In the mean time I was getting offered all the big jobs that came up in Germany, where I no longer wanted to play.

I understand that as I made my name in Germany they would be more aware of my skills but to be offered the likes of the Schalke job but be laughed at by the likes of Notts County and Carlisle etc who were in League 1 in England just is not right.

I went through an entire season and never got 1 job offer(outside of Germany), I got 1 interview but never got the job, stayed up until very late trying to get a job and I just gave up deleted all my saves in frustration.

I will wait until a patch sorts this before I start again, for me the game is unplayable as I want to be able to play with different clubs, also although I do not get the sack often, if I do I want to be able to get another job without having to go through all that again.

I've been trying to tell people that this bug affects not only the start of a career, but could also easily ruin any save at any point in any career. It is a CATASTROPHIC bug pure and simple.

Unfortunately some people appear to be unable to process this information. I can't wait until they leave their job in the middle of their five-season save and attempt to get another.

Unless you are happy to have a one-club save where you take a club to the very top, this game HAS to be considered unplayable. If you can't leave a club because it's highly likely that you will never be offered another job, then that is classed as a broken game in my book.

I've been trying to tell people that this bug affects not only the start of a career, but could also easily ruin any save at any point in any career. It is a CATASTROPHIC bug pure and simple.

Unfortunately some people appear to be unable to process this information. I can't wait until they leave their job in the middle of their five-season save and attempt to get another.

Unless you are happy to have a one-club save where you take a club to the very top, this game HAS to be considered unplayable. If you can't leave a club because it's highly likely that you will never be offered another job, then that is classed as a broken game in my book.

Some ppl just won't listen - lol.

Ive never complained about any bug as they have never been gam-breaking until this one - event the mods now agree on the forum

It looks like it wont be fixed imo till next year as SI will be on holiday. Looks like I'll do a Coventry save and take my career from there- if I get sacked I'll have to stop and wait for the patch before I continue So annoying as this is my first week off work since game came out and wanted to start my proper save.

Does it just apply to people who start with Sunday league experience?

I have carried out multiple tests, and I can confirm that it affects players with Sunday League and Automatic experience. About the others I do not know. What I do know is that it affects the entire save, not just the start of the career. I've heard a lot of people complaining that they have a National rep and are still unable to get jobs with tiny clubs (or big clubs for that matter). It seems as though only those who start with International Footballer experience are not affected (although I can't be sure about that).

Some ppl just won't listen - lol.

Ive never complained about any bug as they have never been gam-breaking until this one - event the mods now agree on the forum

It looks like it wont be fixed imo till next year as SI will be on holiday. Looks like I'll do a Coventry save and take my career from there- if I get sacked I'll have to stop and wait for the patch before I continue So annoying as this is my first week off work since game came out and wanted to start my proper save.

"You can lead a horse to water" springs to mind.

yes acidburn if you start new game you cant get a job if your nationality is scottish you will get a job offer only in scotland if you start a game

This is not completely true. This massive bug doesn't simply restrict you to choosing a job in your country; it prevents you from getting a job in ANY country. I've tried numerous times to get the Stockport job when starting as a Sunday League player, and not once have I even got an interview. I still can't quite work out how this bug managed to find its way into the game.

Luckily my laptop has not updated to this latest patch - so going to go unemployed get a club and start again on it and fetch the game across to 4.2. I believe the bug will be fixed after xmas, which gives a week to play a season so won't want to be looking for a new club and hopefully I wont be sacked in that time. Cant stand a week off with no FM, it will be the first time Ive really been able to get into a save as not had time b4

Does it affect AI managers in any way? Do they still move freely from one league to another? Can't say I've noticed it (Don't have FM on atm to check).

I've heard numerous reports from different players saying that some clubs in their game have gone six months without appointing a manager, so I guess it does affect them in some capacity.

I've heard numerous reports from different players saying that some clubs in their game have gone six months without appointing a manager, so I guess it does affect them in some capacity.

That's been reported since the early days of FM13 though to be fair, although seems to be a bit different/worse in the early days of FM14. May be related to this, but I doubt it.

• SI Staff
This is not completely true. This massive bug doesn't simply restrict you to choosing a job in your country; it prevents you from getting a job in ANY country. I've tried numerous times to get the Stockport job when starting as a Sunday League player, and not once have I even got an interview. I still can't quite work out how this bug managed to find its way into the game.

I have just loaded up the game. Set myself as an unemployed Sunday League Footballer. Went on holiday indefinitely with the option to apply for any jobs selected. I was offered a job interview with Stockport on the 11th July. Attended the interview, but was not offered the job

I carried on the game on holiday indefinitely applying for all jobs. I was then offered the Welling job in early September. Again I attended the interview and was offered the job.

Also been noted here that a user who started unemployed with Sunday league rep was given the Stockport job - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378912-Unable-to-get-job-with-automatic-reputation?p=9298625&viewfull=1#post9298625

Also noted here that a user who was unemployed was also offered multiple job interviews - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378631-14.2.0-impossible-to-start-unemployed?p=9295590&viewfull=1#post9295590 and http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378631-14.2.0-impossible-to-start-unemployed?p=9295712&viewfull=1#post9295712

I have also just tested this out further on a couple of play saves. In one of these saves I was manager of Burnley from July 2013 until August 2015 at which point I resigned. I went on holiday again applying for a job at any club. By the 10th October I had been offered interviews at Sheffield Utd, Chesterfield, Charlton, Gillingham, Fleetwood and Bath City. I was then offered the jobs at Charlton and Gillingham.

In another save the user had automatic reputation and had been in charge of Nantes from July 2013 - September 2018. Upon resigning the user was offered jobs at Lille, Bastia, Gillingham and Bradford within one month.

There is clearly an issue that a number of users are experiencing. But it would look to be down to a certain set of circumstances, because from my tests above I am still getting interviews and job offers.

We have identified one issue that could be causing a lack of job interviews/offers and we are investigating the problem. It would be great if users who are encountering the problem of being long term unemployed could upload a save for us to have a look at to see if we can pinpoint what can be causing the problem in their saves.

Details of how to upload a save can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

I have just loaded up the game. Set myself as an unemployed Sunday League Footballer. Went on holiday indefinitely with the option to apply for any jobs selected. I was offered a job interview with Stockport on the 11th July. Attended the interview, but was not offered the job

I carried on the game on holiday indefinitely applying for all jobs. I was then offered the Welling job in early September. Again I attended the interview and was offered the job.

Also been noted here that a user who started unemployed with Sunday league rep was given the Stockport job - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378912-Unable-to-get-job-with-automatic-reputation?p=9298625&viewfull=1#post9298625

Also noted here that a user who was unemployed was also offered multiple job interviews - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378631-14.2.0-impossible-to-start-unemployed?p=9295590&viewfull=1#post9295590 and http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378631-14.2.0-impossible-to-start-unemployed?p=9295712&viewfull=1#post9295712

I have also just tested this out further on a couple of play saves. In one of these saves I was manager of Burnley from July 2013 until August 2015 at which point I resigned. I went on holiday again applying for a job at any club. By the 10th October I had been offered interviews at Sheffield Utd, Chesterfield, Charlton, Gillingham, Fleetwood and Bath City. I was then offered the jobs at Charlton and Gillingham.

In another save the user had automatic reputation and had been in charge of Nantes from July 2013 - September 2018. Upon resigning the user was offered jobs at Lille, Bastia, Gillingham and Bradford within one month.

There is clearly an issue that a number of users are experiencing. But it would look to be down to a certain set of circumstances, because from my tests above I am still getting interviews and job offers.

We have identified one issue related to the users nationality, reputation and leagues loaded affecting job offers they receive and we are investigating the problem. It would be great if users who are encountering the problem of being long term unemployed could upload a save for us to have a look at to see if we can pinpoint what can be causing the problem.

Details of how to upload a save can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

I started a new game earlier in the week with all leagues loaded and I applied for 178 jobs and got rejected for all. The jobs weren't unrealistic either that i applied for, they were like the worse teams in the worse leagues on the game. I went 2 years without getting a job or even an interview. I'll see if I can start a new one and replicate it for you. There's a few users on twitter who have gone 3 years without too so I'll get them to upload too.

I started unemployed and as a Sunday League Footballer.

There are a few others too that I know who only got job offers from custom leagues and none of the default ones. I've experienced this too on almost every save I start :(

I have started several games on sunday league reputation or automatic reputation.

Only occasionally got interview from Finnish 1st division team AC Oulu, never got a job.

I still strongly suggest that something changed with the latest patch.

Reasoning behind that suggestion:

Before the patch (with similar game setup) i got 10-20 interviews on first few days and was always able to get a job within a week.

Now the same teams, that were happy to hire me before the patch, are always turning down my applications, not even offering an interview.

This quite clearly demonstrates that SI do not test this game as they should. Maybe they just assumed that portion of the game worked; unfortunately it does not. Not in the slightest. I would lock half a dozen people in a room and just tell them to play the game. This bug would not have seen the light of day if they had.

Absolute rubbish

Archived