Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

Feedback on the latest update in here please.

Bugs to be reported here please: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/359

& FMC Bugs here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/372

And here be the change list: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/378441

Keep it clean, keep it constructive, and have a wonderful Christmas!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there no update for all the editor issues??? There are tons of bugs with rule validation, especially concerning simple promotions between levels with different number of leagues! Is this not being addressed?

There are a number of fixes not included in the change list - if your query isn't picked up in here then I'd suggest asking in the Editor bug forum.

• SI Staff
Cant see anything in the update notes about it but has the problem with tutors being bugged and not being able to tutor again for 6 months been fixed or at this point do we accept this is an intended mechanic?

Tutors should now be able to start tutoring again much sooner.

Played 1 match so far and the match engine does appear to be much improved.

One of my strikers actually had composure, and finished a 1 on 1 chance rather than the keeper easily saving.

Passing and running looks smoother, players are actually controlling the ball rather than it colliding everywhere

There were accurate slide tackles

Great to have full screen mode in Linux as well.

Can't see it in the release note (that's not to say it's not there. I'm very tired) but i'll ask anyway..

Has the small error been fixed were the Defensive Forwards role details are not displayed?

If it isn't, wouldn't it be possible to copy and paste them into here or another thread? Just so i know what the difference is between DF Support and DF Defend

Good work on everything else.

Can't see it in the release note (that's not to say it's not there. I'm very tired) but i'll ask anyway..

Has the small error been fixed were the Defensive Forwards role details are not displayed?

If it isn't, wouldn't it be possible to copy and paste them into here or another thread? Just so i know what the difference is between DF Support and DF Defend

Good work on everything else.

If you're referring to the tooltip - that's been added now yup.

Has goalkeepers ability to catch nearly every shot been toned down?

Couldn't see it in the list, but a few of the changes could indirectly reduce it I guess.

Will get in a few hours tomorrow and report back, it's night over here.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas.

If you're referring to the tooltip - that's been added now yup.

Doing well so far, every question met with a yes, waiting for the inevitable first no!! Then it'll all be terrible again no doubt.

Good work, thanks for getting something out so quickly, looking forward to getting home and giving it a go.

Merry Christmas to the team at SI and the Mods on here!

Please do report any bugs in the bugs forum (here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/359-Football-Manager-2014-Bugs-Forum) rather than in here guys. Our QA team are in there picking up issues every day, but we can't promise to sift them out of this thread (as it can tend to run away a bit...)

Can't make out if any of those have fixed the bug where players try to knock the ball against an opponent rather then crossing. Please don't tell me i have to wait yet another patch for this to be fixed >.< It's one of the few things that has really annoyed me in this years ME

EDIT: I see it now, now to give it a go :)

Can't make out if any of those have fixed the bug where players try to knock the ball against an opponent rather then crossing. Please don't tell me i have to wait yet another patch for this to be fixed >.< It's one of the few things that has really annoyed me in this years ME

"Reduced poor attempts to win corner off opponent"

I seem to be losing tactical familiarity as soon as I switch to another tactic (which is a copy of the same tactic, but with a different mentality)

Video here: https://mediacru.sh/JYgRbzFV_zwg (Sorry, .mov file)

Is this a one time thing after the patch because of changes made to familiarity stuff, or will this happen every time?

Yup, I'm also having this and peleJunior too. Uploading a save atm and adding to your bug report

May be just me - but the font of the players name when watching 3D appears different. Looks more clunky and harder to read. Playing on Mac Retina so it may be related to that...
The black outline is thicker now.

2 matches played - 3 near post goals, seems like they are back.

Archived