Basic Squad [Champions Cup]

Hey Guys,

Just want to know how you guys go about Football Manager with your squad.

For example; How many GK do you have, how many ST do you have etc..

I know it all depends really on how you play but I seem to have many attacking players and when I go through a bad stage (like now!) I have a lot o injuries at the back and not really any cover!

But! My squad is pretty big so when I decide to bring in a CB or a FB as cover/backupwhen the injuries occur, I then get other players moaning.

So just want to know how many in each position you have as a rule.

Many thanks.

As you say it depends on formation but generally 22-25 players with 3-5 youth players who are able to step in during a crisis.

I usually aim for two players for each position and within those I try to have a third option for each position (eg a DC who can play DR as 3rd choice). That leaves three spaces for utility players that can fill in a position that you are short in.

i play 4-1-2-2-1 (def mid, two midfielders, two wingers)... for Champions cup i register 2 GK, 8 defs, 7 mids, 4 wingers, 3 strikers... usually 2-3 of them are under 21 so i still have space to eventually rotate squad and add one or two players for better cover...

I tend to have 2 in each position plus 1 extra def/mid/att which makes up the 25 man squad. I do tend to have a few players that can play in several positions though.

That's pretty much the way I do it. I mostly play 4-2-3-1 what leads to the following:

2 GK, 2 RB, 3 DC, 2 LB, 4 MC, 2 AML, 2 AMC, 2 AMR, 2 ST. If I have the players for it, I fill up with players as versatile as possible.

I never register players just to fill the numbers if I don't have to register (2(?) seasons at club and U21). And as I usually have a few U21 in the first team squad that leaves me with the option to register some of the better back-up players.

Basically a first team (who will play almost all, if not all the matches) as well as a second string team. Thats 22 players, the other 3 spots will be taken up by, depending on who I have at my disposal, utility men, promising youngsters or a veteran in the twilight of his career but still capable of playing the odd match. The way I manage is that my second string side will ALL the domestic cup games coupled with about 1/3 of the league games, the first team will take the remaining matches on offer. I will also rotate the squad before European games to keep my first team squad fresh for the European game, and allow my second string side to have a run-out. Everybody is happy, everybody gets at least 15 games throughout the season to contribute.

Archived