[FM14.1.4] Ghost 442 - Unbeaten in 25

ghostfm142.jpg

I had a crazy tick to overhaul Man Utd thanks to Moyes and the current situation Man Utd is in currently.

This tactics is influenced by Fergie’s style of 442 with the flair of the popular Modern Warfare in FM 2013.

It is an Attacking and Very Fluid style of play.

fmattack.png

Team Instructions is pretty basic and straightforward, not getting too overpowering and complicated. What’s important here is the Shape, ensuring we drop much deeper defensively. Setting this the wrong way will end up getting the opposition to Counter and score easily.

The rest of the instructions are self explanatory.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-14-at-7.22.25-pm-1024x695.png

Formation 4-4-2-ish & Player Roles

ghostfm14.png

Results

Screen-Shot-2013-12-14-at-7.24.03-pm-1024x733.png

Screen-Shot-2013-12-16-at-10.30.14-am-552x1024.png

Defensive Approach

The Anchorman that sits between the Midfield and your 2 Centre Backs is probably the most crucial player in the field. Having him there makes a lot of difference defensively and how many you conceded with stronger opponents.

I have the DCL doing the Cover duty to sweep up the through balls from opposition and the DCR with DCL to break up attacks, preventing the ball being played inside the box.

If you play the game at a slower speed, you can actually see where the goals are come from.

In this tactic, the Deep Lying Forward (DLF) creates the chances for his striking partner.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-15-at-2.39.34-pm-1024x163.png

What is also important to know is that you get quite a lot of goals from corners, especially with the DCL getting most of them.

Fantastic Shots / Goals Ratio

Even on away games, having 8 Shots, 6 on target, 4 going in. For home games, I had over 20 shots and 70% on target.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-15-at-6.03.20-pm-1024x518.png

Of course this is catered to a top side like Man Utd. I haven’t quite try it yet to lower level clubs like Swansea but I’m sure will give it a go very soon.

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

http://d.pr/f/Ms9Q

im having a go on my Spurs game with 14.2.0 pre season training is all Tactics Only in General and Match Training (50%) Don't allow to rest before/after games for pre season. please be patient and wait till the Tactic Familiarity Levels are full.

I will report back how my Spurs is doing with 14.2.0, so far beat Arsenal and Liverpool but lost to Norwich (away) :S

Anyone knows if/how setting up a straight 4-4-2 it will affect the results? I might do some testing on my Sheffield United save where I've been struggling to find a tactic with consistent results.

Edit: absolutely loved Modern Warfare on FM2013 and hopefully, given a few months, we will see the equivalent on FM2014!

Anyone knows if/how setting up a straight 4-4-2 it will affect the results? I might do some testing on my Sheffield United save where I've been struggling to find a tactic with consistent results.

Edit: absolutely loved Modern Warfare on FM2013 and hopefully, given a few months, we will see the equivalent on FM2014!

Jasser has remade modern warfare for 14.1.4 already. its on fmbase.

I hate the formation but holy crap. Just loaded this up with no match training, put my worst possible team in play and won 8-0. Either this tactics is op as hell or morale and match training dont do anything. Or both.. Anyways, best one ive tried so far.

How is it over 10 matches for you?

It's very iffy, been using it with Stoke.

One of the main problems is how easily you give possession away but that's more than likely down to having the instruction "Go Route One", the majority of the misplaced passes are long balls. Set-pieces are setup really well, scored a few and rarely conceded from them.

The majority of my wins have been very even games that could've swung either way, proper 1-0/2-1 kind of stuff, never dominated a team, finished 11th in the end which isn't bad but I've managed 2nd with Stoke in the first season on the 14.1.2 version and only signed Harry McGuire, Eric Dier and Kim Kallstrom.

I hate the formation but holy crap. Just loaded this up with no match training, put my worst possible team in play and won 8-0. Either this tactics is op as hell or morale and match training dont do anything. Or both.. Anyways, best one ive tried so far.

Wow, even I didn't get to win as big as 8-0. Thanks for trying it out!

I am working on the 2.0 version. Just need some tweaking for the Away games.

Anyone of you tried this with a less reputable team yet?

Only tried it so far for 6 games. Have not lost yet tho. The results vary alot and I cant understand why. Guess some teams have hugh problems dealing with it (even top teams) whilst others counter it fairly easilly. Its always nice to be able to fall back on posession playing if you get in trubble during the first half. As said above, the corner setup is great. My defenders score a bunch of goals. But now the buggers want a new contract after only a few games. Might try swapping their position so they dont score so much. :p

Only tried it so far for 6 games. Have not lost yet tho. The results vary alot and I cant understand why. Guess some teams have hugh problems dealing with it (even top teams) whilst others counter it fairly easilly. Its always nice to be able to fall back on posession playing if you get in trubble during the first half. As said above, the corner setup is great. My defenders score a bunch of goals. But now the buggers want a new contract after only a few games. Might try swapping their position so they dont score so much. :p

hahaha yes Jonny Evans scored 16 goals in my first season :)

ok so the tactic is working for you with 14.2.0 then? I might update this soon still going through more games.

Meh! Moved my defenders to other positions, now the strikers are trying to get the ball but fumbles, who picks up the lose ball? My defender, and blasts it in. I might have to take them out of the box completely. Tho most defenders dont get a goal bonus so it might be a good thing. ;)

Bit curious to try and do some changes to the formation tho. Move the DLF to a T on AMC have him roam while CF on support moves into channels. Could do with a bit less running with the ball from the back and a bit more long passes. Right now I have lots of players trying to do coast to coast on their own.

Meh! Moved my defenders to other positions, now the strikers are trying to get the ball but fumbles, who picks up the lose ball? My defender, and blasts it in. I might have to take them out of the box completely. Tho most defenders dont get a goal bonus so it might be a good thing. ;)

Bit curious to try and do some changes to the formation tho. Move the DLF to a T on AMC have him roam while CF on support moves into channels. Could do with a bit less running with the ball from the back and a bit more long passes. Right now I have lots of players trying to do coast to coast on their own.

Yeah go for it and let me know how it goes for you

me thinks Jasser isn't even anywhere close to original maker of modern warfare whom i don't know who, if anyone knows, please point in right direction.

Yeah i totally agree tbh. I don't get why people get so excited about his version of it. No disrespect or shade towards him, im sure he makes good tactics anyway. But they really aren't what MW was.

How is it for a team who aren't one of the best in the world? It'd be more useful to show us that it turns Crystal Palace into an unstoppable machine rather than Manchester United.

Turning Crystal Palace into an unstoppable machine in one season will make this game unrealistic and illogical really. Although I would give it a go at some point. Man Utd have an ageing squad too so it makes it exciting to rebuild. Like i said in the first post, i managed Utd due to the fact that they were doing so badly IRL.

Archived