Yet another Newgen son Question

Hi guys, I seen this posted a while back but can't seem to find the thread for it, but what's the youngest age a Manager can be before a son arrives in game.

I'm 34 in game so I was wondering if I was close.

Can't remember if it was 30 or slightly older.

Cheers.

I think you have to stay at the club for 10 years before it happens.

Not sure that is true. Maybe for unlocking the FM Classic achievement you mean?

I think to have a son you have to be 35? I'm not 100% though. Definitely above 30 though!

Can't find the topic, but yeah there was a mod comment somewhere saying the starting age is 35 I think.

Really not sure if thats correct tbh.

In the main game its a random chance when the youth intake is generated. To look at the manager age each time would involve SI adding more code which I'm not convinced they would have done. Maybe they did though to make it more realistic.

In the main game its a random chance when the youth intake is generated. To look at the manager age each time would involve SI adding more code which I'm not convinced they would have done. Maybe they did though to make it more realistic.

Fine, I'll go hunting for it...

Found it, thanks to google...

Only managers 35 and over can have sons in the game. That is unless you use the unlockable to get a son.

Topic? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366115-I-m-a-Father!-FM-14-makes-it-perfectly-clear

Also;

Yes, once your user manager in the game turns 35, it opens up the chance to have a son appear in the game. And there is nothing stopping another son from appearing later on. The chances are just as slim as on the first one though...

Not related to sons of managers, but you can also have twins in the newgen intakes in some rare cases :)

Think it applies to both FMC and FM itself.

Fine, I'll go hunting for it...

Found it, thanks to google...

Topic? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366115-I-m-a-Father!-FM-14-makes-it-perfectly-clear

Also;

Think it applies to both FMC and FM itself.

Cheers, thanks for finding the quotes :)

It seems like SI took the time to improve realism.

Hi guys, I seen this posted a while back but can't seem to find the thread for it, but what's the youngest age a Manager can be before a son arrives in game.

I'm 34 in game so I was wondering if I was close.

Can't remember if it was 30 or slightly older.

Cheers.

Who has a 15-16yo son at the age of 30-34? That means he would have been born when you were 14-18. Doesn't sound realistic to me.

Even 35 seems a bit young to me these days to have a 15yo kid, but I guess that is plausible.

Who has a 15-16yo son at the age of 30-34? That means he would have been born when you were 14-18. Doesn't sound realistic to me.

Even 35 seems a bit young to me these days to have a 15yo kid, but I guess that is plausible.

When I was 15, my parents were 33 and 35, not too far fetched ;)

It just means having children at 20 years old, quite common!

If you lived in my area plausible would become an almost certainty lol.

Ah another son in game thread, these and all associated questions regarding an imaginary son in game threads are a joyous read. Can we ban them yet, or like my most recent post, sticky some thread about son in game FAQ because it happens 3 times a month, like a more annoying period.

OK, I'm being a tawt reversed.

I had a son in the game once, he was a ginger short arse fellow. Nothing like me. What happens if he is of a different race? Do I assume my in-game wife has had an affair? If can't commanad the respect of a fake wife, how can I command the respect of my squad, sort of explains my current predicament (squad that is, fairly sure I don't have any infidelity issues just yet).

if (ManagerAge > 35) {CanHaveASon}

That would be the code they would need to add.

And yeah you need to be 35+ yrs old in game

if (ManagerAge > 35) {CanHaveASon}

That would be the code they would need to add.

And yeah you need to be 35+ yrs old in game

Very simple to code and it has been confirmed so not sure why people are still unsure on this. Any human manager can have a son if their in game self is 35 years or older, and it's a 1 in 10,000 chance each time you get a youth intake. Having a son does not affect the chances of having another son (or more) in later youth intakes, and there is the possibility of having twins come through the academy in the same intake but it's quite rare to see that (though the probability doesn't change, just need obscene luck to get two of the intake deliver on the that 1 in 10k chance)!

Also, any in-game player can get brothers, and any in-game staff can get sons - not 100% on if players can get sons until they become staff or not but fairly sure that was cleared up too (with a 'no' sadly, as I'd love to pair a father-son team up front and pass the torch <3). So if you do get a son come through in an epic save, then make him your assistant... yes it seems possible to see a grandkid come through the academy! :D

• 2 years later...
Ah another son in game thread, these and all associated questions regarding an imaginary son in game threads are a joyous read. Can we ban them yet, or like my most recent post, sticky some thread about son in game FAQ because it happens 3 times a month, like a more annoying period.

OK, I'm being a tawt reversed.

I had a son in the game once, he was a ginger short arse fellow. Nothing like me. What happens if he is of a different race? Do I assume my in-game wife has had an affair? If can't commanad the respect of a fake wife, how can I command the respect of my squad, sort of explains my current predicament (squad that is, fairly sure I don't have any infidelity issues just yet).

Infidelity issues......i have got some explaining to do in my game - I have actually got 2 sons in my youth squad - they are not brothers to each other, but I am their father.They came through in different youth intakes.

The funny thing is that the age difference between sons is only 6 months, both were born in the same town (Chonburi) and one is Asian and the other is Caucasian.

I think the game thinks because I am manager of Chonburi in Thailand, I would party in Pattaya with a 'girlfriend' every weekend ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Very simple to code and it has been confirmed so not sure why people are still unsure on this. Any human manager can have a son if their in game self is 35 years or older, and it's a 1 in 10,000 chance each time you get a youth intake. Having a son does not affect the chances of having another son (or more) in later youth intakes, and there is the possibility of having twins come through the academy in the same intake but it's quite rare to see that (though the probability doesn't change, just need obscene luck to get two of the intake deliver on the that 1 in 10k chance)!

Also, any in-game player can get brothers, and any in-game staff can get sons - not 100% on if players can get sons until they become staff or not but fairly sure that was cleared up too (with a 'no' sadly, as I'd love to pair a father-son team up front and pass the torch <3). So if you do get a son come through in an epic save, then make him your assistant... yes it seems possible to see a grandkid come through the academy! :D

Is it always a 1 on 10,000 chance or do your chances improve the longer you are at 1 club? I am currently in my 20th season with one club.

I have just got a third son in my game. The first one was totally random, the next two I got after reloading about 30 times.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a son is generated when you have a player retire who has 10 years or more service to the club, I'll try and find where I read this.

In FM Classic/Touch this does unlock the son achievement, in regular FM it's the standard "1 in 10000" random chance on the youth intake. I used to do about 10 save/reloads of intake day every season in FM, but never had any luck. I've never made it through 10 years in Classic with the same squad.

Is it always a 1 on 10,000 chance or do your chances improve the longer you are at 1 club? I am currently in my 20th season with one club.

I have just got a third son in my game. The first one was totally random, the next two I got after reloading about 30 times.

No way have you had three sons in one save randomly, to have one is extremely rare even with reloading on intake day.

I've played FM since the start and I've never had a son on any version.

Are they brothers as well? And did you sell one of your sons?

None of the three players have each other as brother - the first son is Asian, the other two are Caucasian, but not only that, the second son was born only 6 months after the first.

i don't think I will sell any, just got the first one out on loan. Being manager of the national side I gave him his debut at 15....such a proud father :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived