FIFA World League Ultimate Challenge

article-0-1B396772000005DC-781_646x487.jpg

What the Hell is this?

This is a challenge based on the FIFA World League I created.

[highlight]Download it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=200277909[/highlight]

After a year of negotiation, planning, and probably some pretty corrupt shady dealing, Sepp Blatter and Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Emir of Qatar, released their masterplan to create a football league featuring teams from every country in the world. The Emir said in a statement that he would be providing "bazillions of dollars" to set up the league and lavishly reward teams that took part. England won the bid to 'host' the league although teams will mostly remain in their own countries and travel to play each other. Blatter was quoted as saying "this will be the biggest revolution in football since they made those orange balls that you can play with in Winter".

Erm... okay. What's the challenge tho'?

The challenge is to take a team from the Development League to the Premier League.

The 'What' League?

The Development League is a league made up of 152 teams from every nation in the world that does not have a representative in the main leagues. It is the 23rd Division in the World League so this challenge is not for the faint-hearted. Not only are most of these teams much weaker than any team in the main league (they include the best teams from footballing giants such as Tuvalu, Bhutan, and Montserrat) but there are 22 divisions between you and glory.

Oh my god, that sounds amazing. Is it?

I gave this a quick try managing Inter-Godfathers from Northern Marianas Islands and it is hard. In three seasons I finished 30th, 25th, and 24th out of 31 teams (although I do consider myself 'below average' as a manager).

Ok I'm in. What to do?

I'm going to keep the rules very simple. Anything that isn't mentioned below is allowed (except obvious no-nos like cheating or editing). If you get sacked you can take over another team in the Development League. If you don't want to keep the same profile, just add another manager and retire the other guy.

1. Use the World League edited file. Don't load any other edited files unless it's something that only changes cosmetic things like the names of teams or competitions.

2. Load England down to the World Development League.

3. Choose a team in the World Development League.

4. If you have time, post in this thread and tell us how you and your team are getting on.

5. Have fun. Note: This rule is very important. If I suspect you are not having fun I may disqualify you from entry into the Hall of Fame!

Wait, so there are 152 teams to choose from. Who should I pick?

Each team is from a different country. Perhaps you could choose one from a country that interests you. To check where a team is from go to their Information tab or google. If you want an easier challenge pick one of the top teams. These are:

1. Bunyodkor Toshkent (Uzbekistan)

2. Kano Pillars FC (Nigeria)

3. CSD Municipal (Guatemala)

4. Atlético Petróleos de Luanda (Angola)

5. Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia)

6. Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova)

7. Caracas FC (Venezuela)

8. Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar (Iceland)

9. FC Skonto Riga (Latvia)

10. AD Isidro Metapán (El Salvador)

If you want an absurdly difficult challenge pick one of the worst teams (God help you):

1. Royal Montserrat Police Force (Montserrat)

2. Forces Armées de Nouvelle-Calédonie (Wallis & Futuna)

3. Inter-Godfather's (Northern Mariana)

4. AS Ilienne Amateur (St. Pierre & Miquelon)

5. Raptan (South Sudan)

6. Victory Boys (Sint Maarten)

7. FC Concordia (St. Martin)

8. AFC Academy (Turks & Caicos Islands)

9. Pago Youth (American Samoa)

10. Spartan International (Anguilla)

Cool, I'll let you know how I get on. Anything else I should know?

I'm going to add some OECs. What are OECs you ask? They are Optional Extra Challenges. If you want to make things a bit more complicated or add some spice to your adventure why not try one out and I'll add these to your Hall of Fame entry.

- The Patriot: Give your avatar a different nationality from the team you are managing. This means that there is a chance that newgens will come from your home country. You can increase this chance by things like adding staff from your country. The challenge is to raise some of these newgens through the ranks and up to your first eleven.

- The Trophy Hunter: Win the FIFA World Trophy, Lower League Cup or the League Cup.

- The King: Win the Premier League. It's dat simple.

- The Real World: Tell us something about your team in the real world whilst you continue along your campaign. What is football like in their country? Have they ever had any star players? Pics will earn you bonus points.

seppblatter_2620955b.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hall of Fame

Participants

player - manager name - manager nationality - team managed

chucklechuck - Luther Blizzle - Faroe Islands - Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar (Iceland)

podunkboy - Eric Seeger - USA/Lichtenstein - Curepipe Starlight SC (Mauritius)

spotg - TBA - Bermuda - Lincoln (Gibraltar)

Tony Hawker - TBA - TBA - Royal Monserrat Police Force (Montserrat)

Lower Leagues Rule - Aleksander Radakovic - Serbia/Portugal - CSD Benfica (East Timor)

Poonarge - Richard Cook - TBA - Sheriff (Moldova)

arkitekt - TBA - TBA - Kalju (Estonia)

Liverbird93 - Ashley Wilkes - England - Waterhouse (Jamaica)

PikaBen - TBA - TBA - Virtus (San Marino)

Tush - Thomas Tush - Slovakia - Qadsia (Kuwait)

pricey687 - Jafar Nikahd - Iran - Tre Penne (San Marino)

TWFL - TBA - TBA - Sporting da Praia (Cape Verde)

AlexTHFC - TBA - TBA - Taipower (Taiwan)

glennuk -hopefully joining later

Biscotti - hopefully joining later

toonbalmy87 - hopefully joining later

PRDH - hopefully joining later

***BREAKING NEWS***

285px-Fimleikaf%C3%A9lag_Hafnarfjar%C3%B0ar_Logo.svg.png

Former Faroe Islands international superstar (with whom he earned 25 caps and scored 5 goals), Luther Blizzle, has been appointed manager of Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar (FH), the representative for Iceland in the FIFA World Development League. Although he is only 25 years old, Blizzle has promised to take FH from the Development league to the top of the Premiership. Psychiatrists are currently examining Blizzle before he can be cleared for employment.

luther-blissett-300.jpg

An artist's impression of Blizzle shortly after accepting the job at FH.

(I had booted this up, selected a team, and then realized that I was still working with the earlier file, without the bottom Development League levels. Now have to load up the expanded League and hope it doesn't melt my processor down...but I really want to play this.)

Team Selected: Curepipe Starlight Soccer Club.

Coach: Eric Seeger (American/Liechtensteiner)

Eric Seeger start page - who DOESN'T look good in a Where's Waldo jersey?

Will post introductory info as soon as I can figure out where Steam put them.

curepipe_starlight-b.gif

800px-George_V%28Mauritius%29.jpg

Curepipe Starlight SC is a Mauritian football club based in Curepipe. They play in the Mauritian League, the top division in Mauritian football.

They won the league for the first time in 2007 and thus qualified for the CAF Champions League 2008. They then became part of history, when they played at the Stade Said Mohamed Cheikh in Moroni, where an African club competition match was hosted in the Comoros Islands for the first time. In 2008, they won the Mauritian League, the Mauritian Cup and as well as the Mauritian Republic Cup.

Their home stadium is Stade George V (cap. 6,200), located in Curepipe, Plaines Wilhems District.

@podunkboy: Great choice and bonus points for the info about your club! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the fortunes of your bizarrely-named team.

@Lower Leagues Rule: Awesome! Perhaps a good choice of team for your Portuguese manager would be from a former Portuguese colony (where they probably speak the same language)? Angola, Cape Verde, Mozambique, Equatorial Guinea or Macau?

Updates on Blizzle's opening day in charge coming soon!

@podunkboy: Great choice and bonus points for the info about your club! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the fortunes of your bizarrely-named team.

I saw the name "Cure-Pipe Starlight" and thought some sort of 1960's hippies, but it's probably pronounced Cu-re-pi-pe. The only other really interesting thing I found is Mauritius was the only home of the Dodo Bird, which was made extinct because they evidently were easy to trap and delicious to eat. The team has a rather low salary cap and not much talent signed, so it's going to be a "work in progress".

@Lower Leagues Rule: Awesome! Perhaps a good choice of team for your Portuguese manager would be from a former Portuguese colony (where they probably speak the same language)? Angola, Cape Verde, Mozambique, Equatorial Guinea or Macau?

Updates on Blizzle's opening day in charge coming soon!

He is a Serb by birth, but did gain Portuguese citizenship late in career :) Will definitely have a look around :)

I saw the name "Cure-Pipe Starlight" and thought some sort of 1960's hippies, but it's probably pronounced Cu-re-pi-pe. The only other really interesting thing I found is Mauritius was the only home of the Dodo Bird, which was made extinct because they evidently were easy to trap and delicious to eat. The team has a rather low salary cap and not much talent signed, so it's going to be a "work in progress".

Yeah a hippy dodo sounds amazing.

Some info about my club:

hafnarfjordur%20STADIO2.jpg

I would call their stadium modest. They are the current league champions in Iceland and are sometimes known as FH-ingar when people can't be bothered to say Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar (which is most of the time). As one of the best teams in Iceland they play in the Champions League often, most recently getting to the 3rd qualifying round.

The Icelandic national team is currently ranked 46th in the world. They are managed by the former Sweden manager, Lars Lagerbäck. Sadly they won't be going to Brazil in 2014 having failed to qualify.

Blizzle's motherland, Faroe Islands, is about 400 miles (640km) from Iceland, in between Iceland and Scotland.

Map_of_faroe_islands_in_europe_-_english_caption.png

Their national team is currently ranked 175th. In their first official competitive game in 1992 they caused a major upset, beating Austria 1-0. The game was played in Sweden because there were no grass pitches on the island. They are managed by former Danish player Lars Olsen. The country is really beautiful.

faroe-islands-17-790%25255B5%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

9th July 2013

First day in charge and Luther Blizzle meets with the board at FH-ingar. He's cold, used to the comparatively tropical climate of the Faroe Islands, and wearing three pairs of gloves - which the chairman finds a little unorthodox but, hey, these trendy foreign football stars are always wearing gloves. Three pairs must mean he's really good.

Blizzle is given a wage budget of 26k per week and 60k to spend on new players. He scores a few names - Messi, Bale, Neymar - of his wanted list. He'll be paid 900 per week whilst he's at FH.

Despite the clubs modest means, they have great training facilities, average junior coaching, above average youth requirement, and what is described as 'adequate' youth facilities.

In his first meeting with the team, Blizzle vows to win promotion in his first season in charge. Everyone responds with giddy excitement.

Let's take a look at the FH squad.

mzOHEeU.png

Unfortunately, their best player - Bjorn Daniel Sverrisson - is leaving to join Viking FK (a Norwegian team in World Division 17).

The squad is probably strongest in midfield but will need some strengthening at the back and in goal if Blizzle is going to realize his objectives this season.

Stay tuned...

As Gibraltar has taken the step up to full UEFA status, it seems fitting to take one of their teams on this journey, so here we go.

Lincoln FC

Lincoln_F.C._badge.png

Amusingly, they used to be known as Newcastle United FC, but then Lincoln City went over for a visit, and impressed the locals so much that they changed name hook line and sinker. They've won the Gibraltar League for about 15 years in a row, and supply the bulk of the national team. They play in a fairly decent looking 5,000 seater stadium which is shared with every other football club in the land, as well as most other sports, and is large enough to house ONE SIXTH of the nation. :D

800px-Victoria_Stadium-west_stands.JPG

That's about the end of the good news though. Fully amateur, predicted to finish 30th, and laughably grateful to receive a job application from a completely unknown Bermudan....

Being amateurs in a mostly professional league is fun.

We're 1-0 up after 70 minutes in Tanzania, and go on to lose 4-1.

Oh, Bairros Unidos have their nation set at England, rather than Sao Tome, FYI. I think they are the only one that's wrong.

Being amateurs in a mostly professional league is fun.

We're 1-0 up after 70 minutes in Tanzania, and go on to lose 4-1.

Oh, Bairros Unidos have their nation set at England, rather than Sao Tome, FYI. I think they are the only one that's wrong.

Oh man, so annoying. Thanks a lot for spotting it, will be fixed in the next version :)

np :)

Am partly treating this as a bug finding exercise as well as enjoying it.

We just got our first absolute trashing - 8-0 by some team from Nicaragua, who had an on-loan striker from Genoa score 6 in the first half :D

And then, next game, at home to the semi-professional Cubans of Villa Clara, we go down to 10 men on 12 minutes, go uber-defensive, clear 3 off the line, they hit the woodwork 4 times, and my debutant from Monserrat scores a free-kick on 83 minutes to give us the win!

Cool, great to have another bug tester on board. There are bound to be some oddities thrown up when you put teams from all over the world into one country and with such different standards of football being played.

With FH, I'm currently top of the league. Drawn twice, won the rest, often dominating 5-0 and upwards. However, because my team is playing in a league below its capabilities, 10 of my first team squad are now destined to join other teams in higher leagues. Nothing I could do about it sadly so when the transfer window comes around I'll effectively be fielding a reserves team. Also, noone of equivalent calibre wants to join us either, for the same reason. If we can scrape through with promotion this year that will help but if not then we might end up in a vicious circle.

Trying to decide on my team, have knocked it down to 17+1 teams

AS Magenta (New Caledonia)ASKO (Togo)
Ba (Fiji) aka Men in Black
Centre Chiefs (ZIM)
CSD Benfica (Timor)
Dinamo Tiblisi (GEO)
Druk Pol (BHU)
Elect Sport FC (Chad)
Nauti (Tuvalu)
Neftci (Aze)
New Radiant (Maldives)
Positive Vibes (US Virgin Islands)
Quality Distributor (Guam)
Saint George (ETH)
Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)
Sheriff (MLD)
Shirak (ARM)

The wildcard is the possibility of playing with a team from my own nation with Waitakere Utd from NZL being usable...

They got eliminated from my options now looking at 5 teams

Neftci & Karagandy representing Eastern Europe (Have lots of players)

Nauti (TUV) representing Oceania

Benfica (TLR) as a Portuguese speaking nation

Druk Pol (BHU) representing Asia (Also given this is the former Police team, it is funny their name now looks like Drunk Police. :p)

I have decided to go with Benfica, firstly because they speak Portuguese, East Timor is a tiny nation, and they have a local Rivalry with a team named Porto (So when I get up to that level Porto is the enemy), have had to make Radakovic 10yrs older, born 12/11/1985 instead of 1995, but that is ok.

Just lost to Curepipe Starlight :(

Played 13. Won 2. Lost 11. GD -48. Good enough for 28th so far (predicted 30th) so we're ahead of the game!

I'm sorry. We needed a win. (I'm only 2 games in, tie and a loss.) The real problem (aside from a $3K salary, bad facilities, and 2-3 injuries every game) is the other teams in my league trying to poach all my players with a $0 transfer bid and 25% of next sale. NOT going to happen, pay me the money and we'll talk.

First issue I can see is no strikers want to sign to play in East Timor, this could be bad...might need to restart the game and ensure to load all players from certain places that might play for me.

You might have trouble signing players full stop for the first 6 months to a season. That's been my experience with very low rep teams. Hardly anyone wants to sign for the worst team in the world but it gets better after a while. Let me know if loading more players helps :)

I've been mostly a UK/Northern Europe player in the past, and what I've noticed managing Curepipe in Mauritius is the almost blinding sun at home games. I didn't realize SI took solar positioning into account, but from the player's shadows you can tell the sun is directly overhead and I almost need sunglasses to watch/coach the game effectively.

Didn't get a chance to upload a standings update before leaving for work, but we're now at one win (3-2), three ties (1-1,1-1,0-0), and a loss (2-5). I don't think we'll be charging to the top of the pool any time soon.

@toonbalmy87: great, see you soon :)

@Lower Leagues Rule: I was in a similar situation with Inter-Godfather's. After a season more options appeared (and newgens) who were prepared to move to one of the worst teams in the world. I checked with the editor just how bad the team was and their CA/PAs are all around 1-10! Some have a CA of 2 and a PA of 2.

@podunkboy: I didn't notice the sun but there are some sandy beaches and palm trees outside some of the stadiums I visit. A really nice touch :)

@Lower Leagues Rule: I was in a similar situation with Inter-Godfather's. After a season more options appeared (and newgens) who were prepared to move to one of the worst teams in the world. I checked with the editor just how bad the team was and their CA/PAs are all around 1-10! Some have a CA of 2 and a PA of 2.

Right so it is possible I just need to survive the first season with whatever striker I can get and work from there. Cheers for the advice :)

xxq7iZY.png

plymouth_blakes.jpg

Chucking myself right in at the deep end, Police (MSR) or the Royal Monserrat Police Force are the team with the lowest reputation in the entire database, now the game says that there is no stadium so I posted the closest one too them which is the Blakes Estate Stadium which is near the village of 'Look Out' and holds 1,000 people.

The bad news is that we start off with just 10 players, and all of them are newgens, we have 5 friendlies which are against our reserves, Mansfield U21's, Chicago U21's, Bunyodkor Toshkent U21's and Vitesse Reserves, I think we can beat our reserves and Mansfield U21's, but the rest we have no hope in hell.

Montserrat don't have any 'famous' players and the national team are probably best known for losing 'The Other Final' against Bhutan 4-0, for those who don't know, The Other Final was a one-off game where the 2 lowest ranked FIFA national teams played each other. Montserrat's top scorer is Jay'lee Hodgson who has scored 3 goals for the national team and last played for Dunkirk who play in the Midland Alliance, the 9th tier of English Football. There is one upcoming player for Montserrat, and that is West Brom defender Donervon Daniels.

Aleksander Radakovic's

CSD Benfica (Dili)

Logo.png

World Development League Grp E

New Beginnings 2013/14

In Brief

Manager: Aleksander Radakovic

Club: CSD Benifca

Squad: Players

Aleksander Radakovic

The Serb played for AD Fafe under the management of Des Tiny, he is the clubs all time leading goalscorer netting over 400 goals in his career, he gained Portuguese citizenship, and after he retired from Professional Football he decided to take his skills to the world, and assist in a developing country, as he could speak Portuguese this led him perfectly to East Timor and he was hired immediately by CSD Benfica to be their manager in the World Development League.

Start-up | Profile

Sport Díli e Benfica

The club was formed in 1938, while East Timor (Timor Leste) was still under Portuguese rule after colonisation. The club continued until 1975 competing in a range of sports, but when the Portuguese left, and subsequently the Indonesians invaded the club had all it's 'business'' stopped, Boxing came back in 1980, but it took until 2010 for the rest of the club's sports to get going again well after the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste was formed in 2002.

3.jpg

A picture of the "clubhouse"

Dili, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste

The club is based in Dili, the capital city of Timor-Leste.

East Timor was colonised by Portugal in the 16th century, and was known as Portuguese Timor until Portugal's decolonisation of the country. In late 1975, East Timor declared its independence but later that year was invaded and occupied by Indonesia and was declared Indonesia's 27th province the following year. In 1999, following the United Nations-sponsored act of self-determination, Indonesia relinquished control of the territory, and East Timor became the first new sovereign state of the 21st century on May 20, 2002. After independence, East Timor became a member of the United Nations and the Community of Portuguese Language Countries. It is one of only two predominantly Roman Catholic countries in Asia, the other being the Philippines.

Football in Timor-Leste

The Timor-Leste national football team is the national team of East Timor (Timor-Leste) and is controlled by the Federação de Futebol de Timor-Leste. They are currently one of the weakest teams in the world and the weakest team in the ASEAN region. East Timor joined FIFA on September 12, 2005.

Timor-Leste's international debut was in the preliminary round of the AFC Asian Cup in March 2003, when they lost 3–2 to Sri Lanka and 3–0 to Chinese Taipei. They also participated in the 2004 Tiger Cup. Timor-Leste's participation in South East Asia's premier international football event in 2004 was announced after an Asian Football Confederation council meeting in Petaling Jaya. Although not yet a member of the AFC, the Timor-Leste Football Association was invited to sit in on the meeting, where they were represented by FA president Francisco Kalbuadi. Timor-Leste won their first international match on 5 October 2012 against Cambodia with a score of 5-1.

The Team & Players

Firstly a quick word on my selection of the team, being in New Zealand, I know the story of East Timor and their fight for independence, given we are local to them we played a major part in the peacekeeping near the end of the occupation, and as a country helped them construct themselves after the war of independence as well. Add to that their Portuguese heritage, and anyone who remembers my games in the Big Euro thread can attest I love Portuguese Football, and that is how I ended up with this club in East Timor.

Wage Budget: €2,855

Transfer: €0

Current Wages: €625

Expectations: Consolidate

Predicted: 26th

Key Player: Charles Fatima dos Santos de Araujo

Future Star: Sousa

So the squad looks a little bit thin, and also quite weak, but I can work with it, the first issue is finding a striker, I may have to sign one of the greys just to fill the spot, but I hope I can find someone capable of doing the job for the team. I am hopeful to manage to get above 26th in the rankings, lower than that would be a huge disappointment to me.

@Tony Hawker: Best of luck, that is an immense challenge. If you guys moved to 'Look Out' it would make for some interesting headlines: 'Look Out: Police are moving!' or 'Next week Police FC will move to a new stadium in LOOK OUT!'

So did you load 'add players to teams' or whatever it's called? I decided not to do that in my game as I didn't want to end up with a lot of terrible newgens but interested to know what others go for.

Also, thanks for the info about the Other Final. Had no idea this takes place and it's awesome.

Edit: @Lower Leagues Rule: Great choice of team and a great introduction! Good luck!

285px-Fimleikaf%C3%A9lag_Hafnarfjar%C3%B0ar_Logo.svg.png

Overview of 2013/2014

A successful season comes to an end for Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar who earned promotion to the FIFA World League Qualification Pool although their victory was Pyrrhic with nine of the first team leaving in January to join bigger clubs.

Ew02AFY.png

Transfers/Contracts

Hólmar Örn Rúnarsson, Guðjón Árni Antoníusson, and Viktor Örn Guðmundsson left to join Reysol. Hákon Hallfreðsson and Albert Brynjar Ingason joined Gamba. Pétur Viðarsson joined Chunnam. Atli Viðar Björnsson joined FC Timişoara. Atli Guðnason joined Once Caldas. Björn Daníel Sverrisson joined Viking. Unfortunately, all of these transfers were free except Sverrisson who joined Viking for £575,000.

Blizzle brought in a number of replacements but none were of the quality of those who left and many were signed as potential first team players in the future. Blizzle's best achievement has been to hold onto a number of other first team players who have been persuaded to stay despite interest from other clubs. A large number of youth players also came through the ranks with defensive midfielder Anton Ingi Atlason and left winger Ostoja Prole looking especially promising.

In December of last year, Blizzle signed a deal worth £700 per week which will keep him at FH-ingar until June 2015.

World Development League

FH's Group A was the most highly contested group of the Development League. Whilst teams like Dinamo Tbilisi dominated their group, winning 90% of matches, Group A had six teams vying for a promotion spot almost up until the last day. In the end the following teams will join the Qualification Pool next season:

FH, Kano Pillars, Djoliba, Dinamo Tbilisi, Al-Ittihad (LBY), Dynamos Harare, AC Léopards, Isidro Metapán, Waterhouse, Muharraq, Qadsia, Sheriff, Neftçi, Skënderbeu, and Petro de Luanda.

The highest transfer fee of the season was paid by Al-Rayyan from Qatar who bought Guatamalean defender Jaime Vides from Municipal (GUA) for £900,000.

Elsewhere

Atlético Madrid surprisingly won the Premier League followed by Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid, and Bayern Munich. Shalke, Corinthians, and Porto were relegated. São Paulo, Fiorentina, Sevilla will be looking forward to football in the top flight next season after winning promotion from Division One.

Inter Milan won the League Cup, beating ES Tunis from Division Six 2-0. The Lower League Cup was won by Q.P.R. who beat Qatari club Lekhwiya on penalties in a thrilling 2-2 encounter. Finally, the World Trophy was won by CSKA Moscow, defeating Juventus 1-0 in the final.

The highest transfers of the season were:

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal>PSG - 30m

Lucas Leiva - Liverpool>Man City - 23m

Robert Lewandowski - Dortmund>Bayern - 22m

Arda Turan - Atletico>Tottenham - 19.25m

Lars Bender - Leverkusen>Barcelona - 18m

Pre-Season

Blizzle brought in a large number of players over the Summer break as well as letting go of some players who hadn't made the cut. The first team squad needed improvement if FH are to stay up this year and hopefully Blizzle has achieved that.

1. (GK) Róbert Örn Óskarsson - Left the club after failing to agree contract terms but resigned in January under a new agreement.

2. (DR) Skúli Friðgeirsson - Blizzle has signed a few Icelanders in an attempt to boost harmony within the club. Arrived from Elfsborg although spent last season on loan to Sheriff.

3.(DL) Freyr Bjarnason - Veteren 37-year old has been at FH for 14 years.

4. (DC) Josildo - One of several Brazilians to arrive over the Summer. Signed on a free transfer from Bahia who play in Division Eleven.

5. (DC) Boris Tatar - Montenegran, arrived from Miami Fusion who play in the Development League for 200k.

6. (DM) William Soares - Signed on a free transfer from H. Be-er-Sheva.

7. (MR) Sam Garza - American former San Jose versatile midfielder arrived for 10.5k.

8. (MC) Davið Viðarsson - Lynchpin and FH player of the year last season.

9. (AMC) Emil Pálsson - Had a great season, will face stiff competition for his place this time around.

10. (SC) Steven MacLean - FH were in need of a striker and now have a few competing for one slot. MacLean is number one choice at the moment.

11. (ML) Ingimundur Níels Óskarsson - Had a solid season but may struggle as a first-team regular.

Other arrivals include Brazilians João Reck and Roberto, promising Englishman Ainsley Richardson (signed for 95k), Icelanders Kristján Flóki Finnbogason (a former player loaned back from FC København) and Gunnlaugur Hlynur Birgisson, French veteran full-back Martial Robin, Spanish midfielder Quique (110k), and Mexican striker Alan Ávila.

3 games in, lost 6-0 to Buriram United, lost 4-1 to Vital'o and lost 9-0 to Qadsia, this isn't really a good start and I don't know what tactics to use, I'm thinking of using a bog-standard 4-4-2?

My prediction would be that with Police you are going to really struggle even with fantastic tactics at least for the first season or two. Buriram, Vital'o and Qadsia are three of the best teams in the division as well. When I was managing the Northern Marianas team one of my main issues was tactic preparation so maybe using a formation that is in line with what your assistant suggests would help.

Right so it is possible I just need to survive the first season with whatever striker I can get and work from there. Cheers for the advice :)

Just to confirm, after finishing my first season I now have a lot of options in the transfer market (newgens and others). I'm also being offered players by agents which wasn't happening before and I'm getting lots of scout reports where before it was stuck on 2 or 3.

No idea why it takes a season for this to kick in but you should be fine after that. An option for some might be to holiday for a season.

FC_Sheriff.png

BREAKING NEWS

Ex Sunday League Legend Richard Cook states he needs holiday after a long and illustrious career. Rumour is he's recently packed his bags and flew to Moldova to take on the role of Manager at FC Sheriff Tiraspol. If his management skills are anything close to his playing ability, FC Sheriff Tiraspol are destined for success.

Sheriff_Stadium_Panorama.JPG

The Sheriff Stadium is such a beautiful place to be, and with Richard Cook now in charge of the Sheriff's, it's only a matter of time until we will see this amazing stadium in the top tier of world football.

Archived