4231 Short Play Redhawk

Notts%20County_%20Tactics%20Overview.png

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200630291. Used for game version 14.1.4.

This tactic has got my Notts Co team promoted from League 1 to the Premiership in successive seasons (after struggling with my trusty 3-5-2 and a sporadic narrow diamond) and is proving to have great longevity as the technical abilities of the players improve. 26 games unbeaten in the league, 42 games successively scored in in all competitions (an online game at that).

Short passing between the three attacking midfielders and the striker, with BWMs always available to recycle should the move falter, and overlapping fullbacks providing extra threat. The three different AM roles complement each other.

The late runs of the full backs and the solidity of the BWMs mean it is sturdy versus counter-attacks. BWMs are naturally always available for an out ball, but it's crucial to have good full backs who are the wide out ball. The team plays wider but exploits the middle, where the technique is, but as a result of playing wider, the full backs are often available unmarked as the opposition gets drawn inwards.

I have always hated playing with one striker, so it is saying something when this tactic works for me; a fairly quick, intelligent and not always selfish striker is required to lead the line. Though I haven't tried it, I very much doubt a target man type striker would work.

In central midfield, it doesn't seem to matter if the player is not ideally suited to the BWM role, as long as they can recycle possession efficiently, work hard and position themselves correctly. In this tactic, even full backs who are more central defender than wing back work well. Reda Johnson, for example, appears on paper to be a DC, but works very well as a left back in this formation.

For centre backs, simple, good in the air, strong centre backs are needed, no need for flash in this position. Having a right footed DCR and a left footed DCL is a dream, as it aids distribution to the full backs.

I very often implement this with opposition instructions of coach suggestions plus 'closing down always' on every player. If you are struggling to break down teams despite enjoying the lion's share of possession, use higher tempo.

This match illustrates the tactic perfectly. Away to Wolves who are fourth near the end of the season, won 4-0.

Wolves%20v%20Notts%20Co_%20Stats%20Match%20Stats.png

[video=youtube;4w6TjebA3oo]

1. Hit 'Subscribe'.

2. On the FM 2014 start screen, click on 'Downloads'

3. Click on 'Steam Workshop' which is next to 'Store'

4. You should see the tactic there. Simply click on 'install'.

but can you/someone please upload on here as it dont work for me. thanks

1. Hit 'Subscribe'.

2. On the FM 2014 start screen, click on 'Downloads'

3. Click on 'Steam Workshop' which is next to 'Store'

4. You should see the tactic there. Simply click on 'install'.

but can you/someone please upload on here as it dont work for me. thanks

ok ive got it now

cant donwload it from steam, can u post other link pls? otherwise we cant test it and give u feedback...

I'm not going to baby sit, Steam is perfectly easy to use, and it's not here for feedback, just for people to use if they wish.

Hi mate don't normally post to much but seen you've taken a lot of crap on this post,

So I started a new save with liverpool looking good first 12 games (9 league 3 lc games) won 10 drew 2, (draws away to man city and Chelsea) I've scored 25 conceded 3

So far looks fantastic keep up your good work

And you want people to try and test your tactic with that attitude? Yeh ok!

I'm not bothered either way, it's a resource for someone to use. It was no skin off my nose to upload and it doesn't affect my life if it works for some people and not for others, or whether they choose to use it or not. I'm not looking for approval.

in that case theres no point people trying out others tactics.

Ever heard of actually playing the game? Or do you just put on holiday mode and go watch tv? That isn't playing the game or testing anything. That's just laziness

Hi there. I easily downloaded your tactic through the Steam setup. No problems. Don´t listen to the people complaining about this.

I have tried playing in a formation much like this, without wingers, but haven't been able to make one with a good defence, so I am going to see what you have done here. I have been looking for a tactic like yours, and so now I am giving it a go in L2 England, with my newly promoted FC United. I am playing the Dafuge Challenge.

Do you feel the OIs are very important?

Do you feel the OIs are very important?

Somewhat important, you can get by without, but Shift+Clicking all doesn't take much, and it's served me well, ensures your team works hard (or somewhat anyway), which is the first rule in successful performance anywhere in life.

Ever heard of actually playing the game? Or do you just put on holiday mode and go watch tv? That isn't playing the game or testing anything. That's just laziness

He's probably one of those who holidays the game then moans about losing all the time anyway.

As for the tactic, I have some doubts over it. It looks like it only works via containing the opposition in their own half. I'd expect with a half-decent AI squad they would rip it to shreds because two BWM and FB's going so far up should leave you completely exposed. Of course, I might be giving the AI far too much credit.

I have been really struggling on FM14 on my Hull save, I had 6 points from the first 20 games and 11 from safety and 8 points behind 19th. Was starting to get very frustrated.

I have recently implemented your tactics and i have now won 5 of my last 6 games ( 2 cup games), and within 5 points of safety, and i can finally see light at the end of tunnel.

Thanks Great tactic, for now at least

• 1 month later...

Tactic is still crap in 14.2.2 ;) (First season, SLF experience, only Tomas Martinez and Strandberg signed (6 starts between them)).

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-2.png

To be fair, LB is now WB-A, not FB-A. And the MCR is now DLP-D, not BWM-D.

Shape is Fluid, Tempo is High, Defensive Line is High. But essentially the same tactic.

Tactic is still crap in 14.2.2 ;) (First season, SLF experience, only Tomas Martinez and Strandberg signed (6 starts between them)).

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-2.png

To be fair, LB is now WB-A, not FB-A. And the MCR is now DLP-D, not BWM-D.

Shape is Fluid, Tempo is High, Defensive Line is High. But essentially the same tactic.

Tactic looks awesome, I'll try it with Saints eventually once the new patch gets released :) Have you tried CWBs?

Archived