+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Future Stadium names = Districts

Amateur

Default Re: Future Stadium names = Districts

Great idea! I remember reading a long time ago that someone had their new stadium named in honour of them, so the stadium ended up being called "Park Park".... good job his name wasn't Carr

Youth Team

Good idea

I like the thought of someone like Stoke moving to Trentham Park.

Amateur

This is a great idea - It's details like this that have put FM streets ahead of everything else in the past.

how difficult would it be to implement? Does anyone think it could sneak into FM09?!

Semi Pro

Nice Idea, Hand it to SI.

Zola Stadium

Interesting..

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbwfc View Post
    This is a great idea - It's details like this that have put FM streets ahead of everything else in the past.

how difficult would it be to implement? Does anyone think it could sneak into FM09?!
    It won't be in 09, as the stuff going on on that will be mainly tidying up rather than new features. There wouldn't be time to make sure it didn't have all kinds of unwanted consequences. Having said that, it should be extremely easy to add, I imagine. Hopefully this is being read and it has a chance of making it into 10.

Reserves

I love the idea of Man. United changing Old Trafford to 'The O'Shea Stadium'. To be honest, this is something that needs to happen in real life. And it's about time there was a statue!

Reserves

Birmingham would probably be in some poor area of birmingham and then we will have to live with the fact that we are named after a trampy area

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    The researchers could submit suitable names, so inappropriate ones would not happen.

I'm expecting to be bombarded with examples now, but how many stadia are named after managers or players in real life? I can think of the Guiseppe Meazza (and that is still known as the San Siro) but no others off the top of my head.
    the santiago bernabeau (reals stadium)
    he was an old player for them i saw it on a prgramme on sky sports a while back

Amateur
    In a pineapple under the sea, a country free of EU rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7077 View Post
    I love the idea of Man. United changing Old Trafford to 'The O'Shea Stadium'. To be honest, this is something that needs to happen in real life. And it's about time there was a statue!
    So you think they should name a stadium after the Man United's and the Premierships, possibly the worlds, worst footballer!

Part-Timer

How we all have short memories! Seeing as in-game advertising has been announced, I'd say its extremely likely that new stadiums in-game will end up as "The Nike Arena" and the like. There's already a 'local media' part thats getting expanded on... you could even use that for 'local businesses', worth a few more quid to SI in advertising and increases realism.

The main thing that I think needs dealt with is foreign language versions of it. Surely its not *that* hard to make it that in a country where Spanish is the language, its Estadio, and French its Stade. Kinda kills realism when you look through your fixture list... San Siro, Artemio Franchi, Delle Alpi... Torino Stadium.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by peter-evo View Post
    Birmingham would probably be in some poor area of birmingham and then we will have to live with the fact that we are named after a trampy area
    haha rivals call them 'small heath' anyways so i'm sure they'd be used to it!

Banned

SI, please put this in for FM10, really good idea!

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

i think that most stadiums should have sponsorship names as this is realistic
    if not that then whats wrong with a classic player or manager

Amateur

Found this thread when I was about to make a new one concerning weird stadium names. Glad I did, cause I really like this idea.

If done only with a little bit of thought it will surely be better than some of the stadium names i have found in my long term games:

Was just browsing through the Spanish Primera Division and found that Real Madrid play in the "Schuster Arena" (built in 2022, ironically still smaller than Barcelona's Camp Nou with 97930 seates compared to 98000 - Schuster did deserve it in a way, because he made them champions 13 times in a row (!) ).
    And Villareal play in a 32000 seater Stadium since 2019 which is named "Riquelme Park".

Part-Timer

Brilliant idea. I'm not a fan of naming stadia after ex-players/managers in the game as it is not done that often, if at all, in real life

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan,,, View Post
    So you think they should name a stadium after the Man United's and the Premierships, possibly the worlds, worst footballer!
    That's it. We must duel to the death.

Did you notice that Henry did not beat O'Shea once all night during the final? He only got near the area on a fast-break when O'Shea was up the pitch.

O'Shea isn't Jesus, he's better , he is the world-tree of Norse mythology, he is Zeus, he is Amun-Ra, he caused the Big Bang "cos he was bored" he is the Alpha and Omega but also the letters in between, he slays dragons.

On a serious (albeit still off-topic) note - he's actually the main difference between united and their competitors. All Liverpool's squad players are failed first-teamers who haven't been there long and will leave soon.
    Having a settled group of subs who slot perfectly into the system, like O'Shea and Fletcher, is a great advantage.

Oh, and the stadium idea's solid gold: not too hard to implement, but perfect for immersion.

Amateur

This is a very good idea, but I'd like to take it one step further.

On ground improvements, would it be possible to store the names of the stands?

At the moment you get a random message something like "The South/West/East/North Stand capacity has been increased by x"

It would feel so much more realistic if the names of each stand for every stadium were stored in the game, so when Villa Park gets increased the message would read something like "The Holte End capacity has been increased by 4000".

I think it would add so much more to the game, and the success would be far more satisfactory when you could see the club grow realistically like this.

This could be taken a step further by having the researchers for each club look into exactly which stand would be the ideal candidate for improvement, and what the grounds maximum capacity could be before deciding on moving to a whole new stadium. The game would then use building steps…

Using Villa Park as an example, the first step would be the demolishing of the North Stand and rebuilding it. The North stand is outdated and currently holds about 7000. It would mean a reduced capacity to 35000 for say about a year, and the new North Stand (which could be renamed – its normally the stands that are named after players, not stadiums) would have a capacity of 15000 taking the ground capacity up to 50000.
    The only further upgrades then would be to fill the corners between the stands, until reaching a maximum capacity of around 58000.

Im sure this wouldn’t be very difficult to implement and its only text based so wont take up much memory either.

Third Team

I hope this idea made it into FM10 because it is a brilliant one

Stoke City Researcher

I would half like to see ground sponsors throwing names into the hat as well, with new stadiums its becoming far more common, and it is a bit hard to believe that sponsors who are stumping up £300m for my new stadium over the next 30 years would be happy with it being called "Sant Park" to be honest, I'm not even happy with that name it sounds terrible lol.

Part-Timer

I think it's a good idea however I believe it will make the database unnecessary big. I mean several suggestions for each team is a lot of data for quite a small feature.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    In my career game I have noticed that Tottenham are about to move into the originally named "Tottenham Stadium", Chelsea into "Zola Park". Both I think unlikely. Not many new stadiums are named after players or clubs.

Perhaps we could have a new field in the database of areas/districts in cities. Take the case of my team Southampton. We moved from The Dell back to our roots in the St Marys area of the city. So perhaps within the database each club could have districts/areas of the city they are in listed for potential stadium names.

For example

City = Southampton
    Districts = St Marys, Bitterne Park, Weston, Northam, Millbrook, Woolston, St Denys, Bevois Valley, Portswood, Shirley, Lordshill, Sholing, Harefield, Freemantle, Swaythling, Bassett, Coxford

Then for any new future stadium for Southampton you mights get a name using these sub areas. I'd be far happier with the game naming a new stadium with these district names than having a Le Tissier Park stadium. Obviously for towns/cities with more than one team you have to choose suitable district for each club, i.e. spilt Manchester/Liverpool/London/Birmingham into main areas for each club.

It would be like the club relocated to a different area of the city and would be a nice touch I think

Southampton has a district called Shirley ?

Love the idea mind....

Amateur

Great idea. As with everyone else it gets so frustrating when after seasons of requesting expansion the board finally announce a move to a new ground, you cross your fingers (and everything else) that you achieve the holy grail of a stadium named after you, only to find you're moving to "Farsley Stadium".

Regions, chairmen, areas, roads, tube stations, folklore, proper legendary players, achievements, and many more bases for naming grounds could be used and would improve the current setup - In fact i cant think of any club that actually has its ground called "*club name* park/stadium/arena/ground"

Amateur

Several great idea.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DivineOne View Post
    I think it's a good idea however I believe it will make the database unnecessary big. I mean several suggestions for each team is a lot of data for quite a small feature.
    I doubt it to be honest - considering that each person playing the game is likely to get perhaps one stadium move for each club, there's no need to put 8 suggestions in for each and every club.

Perhaps 1-3 is more realistic, with 3 suggestions only provided for the bigger clubs that people play more often, and so will need more names not to be constantly repeating itself. Anyway, it's hardly likely that a few characters of text per club are going to make even the slightest difference to the game size given the amount of data that's already rammed into it in the first place.

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by fmsteve View Post
    In fact i cant think of any club that actually has its ground called "*club name* park/stadium/arena/ground"
    I can - at the moment, Cardiff play in the "Cardiff City Stadium". Also, St. Mirren play at "St. Mirren Park".

Other than that, there are no other examples I can think of.

Sounds like a great idea, however - it's galling to have a new stadium only for it to be called something ridiculous like "Portsmouth Park".

Third Team

I love the idea, as Wellington Phoenix could start playing at Hataitai Park. Of course if they name it after the manager we would have "Tiny Stadium" haha brilliant.

I think this idea is a great way to make for some more realistic names...

Part-Timer
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.

Quote Originally Posted by viperk1 View Post
    Other than that, there are no other examples I can think of.

Celtic Park would be another.

Amateur

The researchers could submit suitable names, so inappropriate ones would not happen.

I'm expecting to be bombarded with examples now, but how many stadia are named after managers or players in real life? I can think of the Guiseppe Meazza (and that is still known as the San Siro) but no others off the top of my head.
    Santiago Bernabeu was a Real Madrid player a long time ago .

Part-Timer
    Dinamo Moscow - please visit my thread in the career updates forum.

There's quite a number of stadiums named after players in Italy.

Part-Timer

Seems like a complete waste of time for an event which happens rarely in games and does not affect the gameplay at all.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Fabregas18 View Post
    Santiago Bernabeu was a Real Madrid player a long time ago .
    Quite shocked that that one took over a year

Part-Timer

How about a drop-down box with dfferent options for you to "advice"? Parent team suggestion style.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
    I think a general field for new stadium names would be great.

For example for Lincoln you could have entries for Imps, Brayford, John Reames etc and then they could be randomly matched up with Stadium, Park, Ground etc.
    That would be spot on!

Amateur

Good idea, more realistic IMO.
    JunXS's idea about the stands is good too, and i'd suggest name the newly built stand after me if I become an icon or legend of the club (some legend who don't have a stand named after now if I am not).
    This is what happed in real life.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by OugaBagga View Post
    the santiago bernabeau (reals stadium)
    he was an old player for them i saw it on a prgramme on sky sports a while back
    He was also the chairman

Amateur

Fantastic idea, I personally haven't built a new stadium in a long time on FM. But I do remember that the name was something stupid when I did build a new one!

Amateur

Yeah then hopefully chelsea would be something like kings road stadium and not "Fulham stadium" lol

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fmsteve View Post
    In fact i cant think of any club that actually has its ground called "*club name* park/stadium/arena/ground"
    City of Manchester stadium. Awe-inspiring.

Honestly think it's a great idea. Bring it into FM10 please.

Amateur

Both Siena's and Fiorentina's stadiums are named after Artemio Franchi.

Amateur

I really like this idea, as a Chelsea supporter I of course like Gianfranco Zola, but having the stadium named after him is not that realistic.

Semi Pro

Could name stadium stands in England after club legends, and say stadiums in Italy after Chairmen etc. There can be in-game messages of various names being brought up and polled by supporters. Manager might be asked for his opinion by the press. Of course, the decision lies with the board.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GillsMan View Post
    Yup, I like the idea of Gillingham moving to the Medway Stadium. This gets a thumbs up from me.
    The Chris Dickson Arena sounds good too though

Amateur

The idea sounds more realistic than something like "The Arnold Swarzenegger Arena"....

Amateur

I have seen the Warren Feeney Arena for some random league two club. Upon checking his playing history, he had 3 seasons the scoring 3 goals in a shade under 100 games..... Too unrealistic if you ask me!

Semi Pro

I'd also suggest that individual stand names could be better named.

I got my ground expanded and it said the "North Stand" would be temporarily closed. I don't have a "North Stand"

So my suggestions would be that the stands of existing grounds are named properly, and that any new stadiums have their stands named after legendary figures.

Part-Timer

I like this idea.

Amateur

great idea, gets my vote.

World Cup Winner

I'd imagine the proper names of the stands are not used as they are often named after sponsors. Stands named after compass directions are pretty common in England so I suppose that is a sensible generic name to give them.

Amateur

Great idea.

Amateur

This is one of the best and simplest ideas on the forum. I can't believe SI haven't put this is - it can't be hard to do and would increase the realism so much. SI - what are you doing!?

I love the idea of being names after districts or streets but also on the odd occasion after a president or chairman of the club as this is also done. However for the managers that really do excel, they should be able to have a stadium named after them (Dafuge - Im looking at you!) however, I know that a lot of people don't like this and so a email of consent in your inbox would be good - I doubt that a club would build a stadium named after a manager without consulting him first on it - it would be a bit of a shock.

Another idea I personally would be happy with is stadiums with sponsorship deals. This would again increase the realism of FM a LOT, but also give SI a little bit more in their pockets - win/win? A great example of this is Arsenal's Ashburton Grove - here it uses the name of a part of a district in London, however it has a sponsorship deal - The Emirates Stadium.

"The ...... board have today announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium.

Construction of the (whatever district) Stadium/Arena/Whatever will cost around £100m. This figure will be offset by the £8m the club will recieve from selling off (old stadium).

Additonal funding for the stadium has been secure with a sponsorship deal for £60m. Therefore the Stadium will be known as the Sega Stadium."

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

When it has been mentioned previously, it's been said that SI would probably have to paid Coca-Cola, or whoever, rather than the other way around, which is why Kit Kat Crescent and Kingston Communications Stadium aren't named as such in the game.

Banned

i totally agree with this. i was 3 seasons into my bradford game when manchester city strangely and unecessarily built a new stadium (2012).
    they then decided to rubbishly name it 'the book stadium' (after man city legend tony book)
    no disrespect to the player, but was a crap name for unecessary stadium.

easy to implement and a great addition...

a few easy word lists and associations and voila... instant realism...

someone point SI onto this point?

Charlton Athletic Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    When it has been mentioned previously, it's been said that SI would probably have to paid Coca-Cola, or whoever, rather than the other way around, which is why Kit Kat Crescent and Kingston Communications Stadium aren't named as such in the game.
    Pretty sure those grounds are named as they are in FM mainly due to the researchers choice.

Banned

I also agree with this. I've always found it completely uninspiring and flat out stupid to have a stadium named after you or to move into a stadium with a simple name -- I would very much like if it would be named after a nearby landmark, district (as mentioned) or perhaps even a past legend/icon that never played for you in the game. It might not be too hard to implement if they just attach each city to a certain landmark or enter the burroughs and their locations.

Amateur

in the words of Borat, I like

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post

Why would SI have to pay the companies, if anything it's good free advertising for the companies if they consent to have their names/logos etc used in a game that sells nearly a million copies a season.

Southampton Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by welshace View Post
    someone point SI onto this point?
    They are aware of the idea.

Surprised this thread got a bump as I made it in 2008.
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 21-02-2010 at 23:38.

Reserves

I hope advertised names stay a million miles away from the game. There are enough already. I'd have to resign from the club if the stadium was suddenly called AIG Arena or some such thing.

Use districts and other valid researcher-supplied names, that's a smashing idea

Amateur

It depends on one country to another, for example Fenerbahçe's stadium is named after a legendary chairman of the club who also became the prime minister for Turkey. While, Galatasaray's stadium is named after its founder.

Amateur

It is quite odd to see city move to Ireland Stadium. Especially seeing as he was sold first season by Hughes to Fenerbache. !5 years later the name the ground after him?

Part-Timer

Yeh this is actually a great idea, and once again SI will be grateful for this brilliant community giving them free ideas.
    Perfect example is Brighton and Hove Albion's new stadium is being built in a district called Falmer. Although no official statement has indicated whether or not the name of the stadium will be called Falmer Stadium, it has been widely accepted to call it that for the time being.

Amateur

If there was a 'like' button I'd hit it

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    i totally agree with this. i was 3 seasons into my bradford game when manchester city strangely and unecessarily built a new stadium (2012).
    they then decided to rubbishly name it 'the book stadium' (after man city legend tony book)
    no disrespect to the player, but was a crap name for unecessary stadium.
    Agree. An unnecessary stadium for an unnecessary club.

I'm kidding of course

On a serious note, this is a great yet simple idea, one that was proposed two years ago from the looks of it and is much overdue to be implemented into FM.

Part-Timer

I don't like the current system at all so this gets my vote

Amateur

Santiago Bernabeau - named after chairman Santiago Bernabéu Yeste

There are also a number of stadiums named "differently" - not after a person or region and it might be nice to include a range of these - tricky to implement perhaps:
    St Mary's Stadium
    Stadium of Light - Sunderland
    Stadio Delle Alpi - Stadium of the Alps - Juventus
    Camp Nou - New Field in Catalan - Barcelona
    Parc des Princes - Park of Princes - PSG
    Celtic Park - Glasgow Celtic

I like the idea of stadiums mainly being named after districts but I think it would also be nice to see the occasional named after legends - what Blackpool fan would object to Sir Stanley Matthews Park. I know it would be difficult to implement but it would be nice to have the occasional stadium named after neither as shown in the examples above.

Amateur

I like the Idea of having ground sponsored... I can see the Website announcement... Newcastle in an effort to raise it's profile with the female supporters have sold their rights to Carefree ... From 2015 St James Park will be called "Carefree Tampon Arena"

But having new Stadiums after Districts at a higher Percentage that club legends is a better idea

Maybe have it so that 1 in 10 new stadiums is named after a Club Legend (could be random generated so that it happens rather than having all stadiums named after districts)

Reserves

That's easy to solve. Let the researcher set the names, including districts, players and whatnot else, or let the game choose from the districts set by the researchers plus legends in-game.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Rallimjs View Post
    I like the Idea of having ground sponsored... I can see the Website announcement... Newcastle in an effort to raise it's profile with the female supporters have sold their rights to Carefree ... From 2015 St James Park will be called "Carefree Tampon Arena"
    :shudder: .

Amateur

surely they would have to know every single district from most cities all over the world??

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by eddiesenior View Post
    surely they would have to know every single district from most cities all over the world??
    All you have to do is look on a map?

A quick Google of Plymouth for example brings up a map where I can see suburbs/districts/areas called Mannamead, Mutley, Ford, Stoke and so on.

Semi Pro

Great idea, il sign the petition!

Amateur

Wink Re: Future Stadium names = Districts

Quote Originally Posted by Rallimjs View Post
    Newcastle in an effort to raise it's profile with the female supporters have sold their rights to Carefree ... From 2015 St James Park will be called "Carefree Tampon Arena"
    Might help their leaky defence
    Last edited by james_33; 22-02-2010 at 14:32. Reason: Quoted Wrong Post

Part-Timer
    Here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know

If the researchers for each team did it then it would be manageable.

This idea is a good one for realism, having a quick look at the Prem on my go there are: Chelsea Stadium, Rush Park (Liverpool), Goater Stadium (City), Stoke Stadium, Klinsmann Stadium (Tottenham), West Ham Stadium, Everton Stadium.

Not very imaginative. And having a ground named after Shaun Goater?

Part-Timer

FIFA manager does it

Southampton Researcher

Just had a further thought to my original idea...

Training grounds are generally named after the area they in. When the game currently upgrades the training ground the facilities improve but it always remains on the same site.

Would be good to see occasionally teams uprooting and moving to a completely new site and use the naming idea for training grounds from the database of researcher chosen names.

Part-Timer

I'd hate that. I'm not sure of the district name that Swindons stadium is, but if we moved then it'd be something stupid like "The Penhill stadium", "The Pinehurst Stadium", "The Park North Stadium", "The Freshbrook Stadium" or something stupid along them lines

Part-Timer
    Here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know

So you'd prefer it to be called 'Swindon Park'?

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Although I like the potential for future stadium names featuring "districts" of their teams locality, it might not work so well with non-British clubs.

A large portion of Spanish stadiums for example, are named after people. In the lower leagues, a lot of them are "municipal" stadiums, owned in fact by local authorities.

Obviously the research of such an addition is important, but to be truly "realistic", it's got to be relative to each countries tendencies.

Southampton Researcher

That is why the suggestion was changed to adding a field in the database for researcher to submit a list of suitable names which could include districts or other names.

Amateur

Sorry but there could be Pudsey Park for Leeds or Bradford. A girl was raped and found in a bin. Only in Pudsey... Although it would be more realistic, especially if we had stands named after them instead.

Amateur

Without reading the thread I'll say right off that naming stadiums after a player is perfectly fine, bloody hell - Santiago Bernabeu ! Well, he wasn't a footballer, but still.
    It sounds silly because you actually know (well sort of) the person (Zola or Lampard..), but Bernabeu sounds good because you probably had no idea that it was named after a person.

Still, it's a good idea to give different names to stadiums !

Again, I have no read the thread, don't shoot me: wouldn't it be nice if the board asked you for a name ? Like they ask you for a suggestion about the type of affiliate to link up with, or after a while even let you select the club.

On another note, could it be possible to accidentally allow a list of sponsors to be added into the editor by a third party which allows stadiums to be named after them? You'll get another dimension and a few unexpected names - like the Emirates Stadium.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jld123 View Post
    So you'd prefer it to be called 'Swindon Park'?
    No, I'd rather we kept it as the The County Ground - which is the most likely thing to happen.

But if we were to change it, I wouldn't like it if we were to just use a district name cause it'd sound seriously stupid.

We got two stands sort of named after districts. Town End is called what it is because it's the closest stand to town center, and Stratton Bank is officially called "The Shrivenham Road End" because it's technically in that street.

But I wouldn't want a stadium called "Penhill Park" or something like that

Amateur

Having lived in Swindon and as a supporter of Town I'm sure there are a few other area's we could use, or at least suitable names. I'm guessing if we were to actually move rather than develop The County ground, we'd actually base ourselves outside the town itself but within one of the surrounding towns within the Swindon Borough. So then we have have a much better set of names in my opinion. Or if that fails there are plenty of other famous Wiltshire landmarks we could use!

Anyway, great idea this. Just hoping SI take note and finally implement this as the current naming system is a farce.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Made Of Stone View Post
    Having lived in Swindon and as a supporter of Town I'm sure there are a few other area's we could use, or at least suitable names. I'm guessing if we were to actually move rather than develop The County ground, we'd actually base ourselves outside the town itself but within one of the surrounding towns within the Swindon Borough. So then we have have a much better set of names in my opinion. Or if that fails there are plenty of other famous Wiltshire landmarks we could use!

Anyway, great idea this. Just hoping SI take note and finally implement this as the current naming system is a farce.
    I can't see us moving. The only place that I can see the board wanting to move would be Shaw Forest, so it would of been called "Shaw Park Stadium" or something.

But theres already plans afoot and deals in place to start redeveloping the ground stand by stand, minus Don Rogers because of how new it is.

Amateur

Ernst Happel Stadion, Vienna
    Gerhard Hannapi Stadion, Hatteldorf
    Stadio Armanda Picchi, Livorno
    Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan
    Stadio Nereo Rocco, Trieste
    Abe Lenstra Stadion, Heerenvee
    Estadio Roberto Bettega, Asunción (Roberto Bettega is still alive)
    Estadio Teodoro Lolo Fernandez, Lima
    Eduard Streltsov Stadium, Moscow
    Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
    Ali Sami Yen Stadium, İstanbul
    Estadio José Nasazzi, Montevideo

thats what i could find so far...all these stadiums have been named after players and coaches

Amateur

There is the Puskás Ferenc Stadion in Hungary.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Made Of Stone View Post

They were looking at building a new stadium over west swindon, so probably would have been something like Lydiard Park

Amateur

In my game, Benfica built a new ground and called it Roker (or to give it it's proper name, Joker) Park!

Semi Pro
    http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com

I'm not sure exactly how many already use it but could the local tube station provide a good name for new London stadia?
    And here's the first team to have a problem with this idea: Arsenal.

Arsenal Station = Arsenal Stadium

Amateur

i definitely agree this feature needs enhancing, stadium naming after people is rare and should be saved as the pinnacle of a FM career & other names can be a bit generic ... adding a field of potential names in the editor is the best way forward, not much effort on the researchers part hopefully will be improved on in the year(s) to come

Amateur

Sporting CP's stadium is called Estadio de Alvalade named after 1 of the club founders José Alvalade..

Amateur
    Drifting around the outer reaches of his own mind, attempting to find something valid to say

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
    And here's the first team to have a problem with this idea: Arsenal.

Arsenal Station = Arsenal Stadium
    To be fair though, the tube station is named after the club, so its not that big a problem!

Surely the easiest thing to do, instead of districts lists, or players lists, every team should have 5 possible names hidden, one or two districts, maybe an ex player, the current chairman, and the team name, and then every country could have 5 possible suffixes for the stadiums, so english clubs could end up with 'district stadium', 'district park' or 'district bowl', and spanish teams wouldnt have 'grove', for example, they would have 'estadio' instead.

Amateur

Brilliant idea, i hate seeing some of the stupid new stadium names that pop up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jod123 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this idea.

I also agree with that idea, but i think the are only the biggest citys like London, Manchester, Glasgow, madrid & New York that can have that choice i dont think your local team will have that choice

World Cup Winner

Bit of a bump here as I'm getting a bit annoyed with the number of stadia named after players in long term games.

In the Premier League at the moment in my game (in 2043), these are the names of the new grounds:

Aston Villa - due to move into Diego Arena
    Chelsea - Lampard Stadium
    Fulham - Griezmann Stadium
    Man City - Tevez Park

Then in the Bundesliga:

Hoffenheim - Huber Park
    Schalke - Sand Arena
    Wolfsburg - Prager Arena

I love seeing new grounds appearing, but we really need a bit more variety in the names. I can't actually find a new ground that is not named after a player.

Part-Timer

Yeah, this is one area I think could be improved a lot. Lots of good ideas in this thread for ways of doing it, too. The variation/plausibility just isn't quite there at the moment.

Third Team

No shoes allowed in the Sand Arena!

I'm getting annoyed by this as well, in my Liverpool game I moved to the Liverpool Stadium, then on my Bridgwater game I moved to the Bridgwater Stadium.

Poor effort by SI on this one, more variety is needed. Perhaps this would come from each of the club researchers? Submit a list of boroughs, districts, local landmarks or even historically famous names from the town/city, and then the game can pick one at random.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    No shoes allowed in the Sand Arena!
    That name always makes me laugh, makes me think beach football is the future!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast