[FM 14.1.4] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSSination 1.0 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

http://speedy.sh/Dhy7u/FuSSination-3-CONTROL.tac

http://ge.tt/6pDeOq02/v/0?c

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tactic Summary:

A high defensive line and deep attacks means this tactic is very compact. It plays solid, short passing football at a slow tempo. Your players will pass it around and look for a killer ball or drill a cross in to meet a winger cutting in from the other flank. This means you wont necessarily win by huge scorelines, but you should control the match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentality:

Change it!! - The tactic works with a variety of mentalities.

• I tend to play with a control version and a counter version - switch it dependant on the quality of your opposition, as a top team control will do you for most situations.

JUST USE COMMON SENSE!

Players:

• SC - CF: A bery demanding complete forward role, scores more goals than my favourite F9, but I'm not actually sold on this!

• AML/R - Defensive Wingers: All round wide-men are good here, they'll be a mix of cutting in and crosses. Look for pace, acceleration & dribbling - somebody that can finish given the chance is a bonus.

• MCL - Play Maker: I'm usually not a fan of play-makers, but FM14 seems to like them. AMC's are great here, this player will float around, score and assist (Erikson, Kagawa, Silva)

• MCR - Box-to-box: This guy is a workhorse and supportive midfielders, look for typical CM's here. They'll move help move the ball up the field and play a lot of one-twos and the pass before the assist (Think Gerrard, Toure, Fellaini).

• DMC - Ball Winning: Aggressive defensive midfielder, will look to attack the ball, break up opposition play, and lay off the ball to the midfielders. You need you're typical DMC here, but the ability to actually play the ball will be useful (Sandro, Flamini)

• FB - Support: Typical strong full-backs, look primarily for defenders, heading/tackling/marking, although physical stats and the ability to make a cross wont go amiss.

• CB's - Defender : Typical center-backs there to defend the goalkeeper. This tactic employs a high line and an offside trap. You will need your center-backs to be pretty fast - John Terry wont cut it.

• GK - The usual: Handling, reflexes, command of area - one-on-ones is particularly important as this tactic uses a high defensive line so the occasional fast player may get through.

Training:

Familiarity is EXTREMELY important, get it up as quick as possible, play extra friendlies, train hard, etc.

Team Talks:

There's load of guides about, use them and learn to do them. Even brilliant Assistant Managers with 20 motivation usually give rubbish team talks.

Be harsh! Ask yourself what the stereotypical Sir Alex would have done.

• Before I match: I usually aggressively expect a result, followed by individually assertively telling them I have faith.

• At half time: (even if my teams winning) if most of my team have below 7 performance I will aggressively tell them it's not good enough, those that don't respond to that (or respond badly) I will individually tell they were not good enough assertively.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wknd, just wanna finish the Norwich season to see how other sides start to adapt after January.

Depends if i can sneak away from the missus!

are Friday evenings not the weekend? ;) haha no rush for it as im sure everyone wants a tactic that works :) although would be nice to actually play fm today without wanting to throw my laptop in the bin

Fuss, I've came to the same sort of tactic, mainly inspired by the great work of Killie but in a 4-1-2-2-1 style (playing with Barcelona).

I was just wondering what kind of crossing instructions to put. Have tried second post but with no success at the moment (I'm playing with 2 inside forwards instead of defensive wingers and 1 F9). Do you plan to use special instructions for crossing?

Hi Fuss,

Having some great results with a familiar tactic.......

I would like to ask about the wingers..... Support or defend ?

• AML/R - Defensive Wingers: All round wide-men are good here, they'll be a mix of cutting in and crosses. Look for pace, acceleration & dribbling - somebody that can finish given the chance is a bonus.

Thanks for your feedback

With kind regards

Jurgen

I've deleted all the crap from the thread. Anyone else who carries on this childish arguing will be banned from the forum, no more warnings because this is getting way out of hand.

Stop demanding download links etc it wont be tolerated on here. And please read the whole post, he states it will be finished this weekend.

I'm actually having a lot of success, using the same player roles and team instructions from the SS in the OP. I can definitely see some amazing play and I understand your success, only with the the team instructions and player roles. But I know you will perfect it FuSS, but I will play like this until your tactic is out. But if you don't want to wait. Just try to create something similiar, until the perfection is out.

I'm actually having a lot of success, using the same player roles and team instructions from the SS in the OP. I can definitely see some amazing play and I understand your success, only with the the team instructions and player roles. But I know you will perfect it FuSS, but I will play like this until your tactic is out. But if you don't want to wait. Just try to create something similiar, until the perfection is out.

yea I did the same and im really winning with my spurs team and my players are over 7 in rating speciel the midtfeld is improved

but I will use FuSS's when its done only used he's tac in FM 13

Fuss, I've came to the same sort of tactic, mainly inspired by the great work of Killie but in a 4-1-2-2-1 style (playing with Barcelona).

I was just wondering what kind of crossing instructions to put. Have tried second post but with no success at the moment (I'm playing with 2 inside forwards instead of defensive wingers and 1 F9). Do you plan to use special instructions for crossing?

I use 'drill crossing' you'll get a much lower success rate - but when they do hit the striker he'll be in an excellent position, it's a trade off, but one I prefer.

Seems like Fuss has twigged onto the same concept I have. I.e. that defensive wingers are the way to go.

Defensive wingers are excellent, they just hold back that little bit more so you don't get screwed by the opposition fullbacks. I think wingers are FAR too strong in FM14.

Hi Fuss,

Having some great results with a familiar tactic.......

I would like to ask about the wingers..... Support or defend ?

Thanks for your feedback

With kind regards

Jurgen

They're support.

I've deleted all the crap from the thread. Anyone else who carries on this childish arguing will be banned from the forum, no more warnings because this is getting way out of hand.

Stop demanding download links etc it wont be tolerated on here. And please read the whole post, he states it will be finished this weekend.

Ah I've missed CLEON :) is there a how to play thread for FM14 yet? Always a great read every year.

yea I did the same and im really winning with my spurs team and my players are over 7 in rating speciel the midtfeld is improved

but I will use FuSS's when its done only used he's tac in FM 13

Thanks, good too see just using the basics you're doing well.

Hey ! Your tactic seems very great ! Do you thing this will work for lower team ? I would like to try this with FC United, as I was'nt able to build my own sucessfull tactic this year atm....

PS : sorry for my bad english, posted from France

I notice the Defensive Wingers in the Norwich screenshots have low marking/tackling attributes, yet you seem to have outperformed. Does this mean the defensive attributes aren't required?

As the OP says, you're looking for normal wingers to play there...the bonus is that they just sit back a little more and so don't lose the fullbacks as easily.

Can you use this version with any team

Read the OP, adjusting mentalities per game works really well.

media file, 4 shared, 2 shared :)

Are we to assume that another version is on its way then? An improved version or a top team version?

As above, but I'm constantly tweaking and trying new things.

Can you post a SS of your training schedule please

Read the OP, focus as much as possibly on getting tactical familiarity up, then it's over to you.

FuSS, why are you still using short corners as it doesn't work in 14.1.4 anymore?

The "new corner bug" is getting your CDs at far post.

Because I'm not suing the corner bug, I like the short play as it usually results in a shorter and more accurate cross.

Hi Fuss,

Really looking forward to trying this out with my Burnley team - I’ve been trying to really buy young talent and develop and have been mid-table Prem for 3 seasons now. These are my main players, could I get your thoughts on where I plan to use them:

Luke Shaw - LB (I am tempted to train him up as the DW though?)

Ravel Morrison - MCL PM (Rather than a winger?)

Adnan Januzaj - MCL PM (Rotating with Morrison or would he also be better as a winger? I’ve actually trained him as a CF for my current 433 formation with him dropping really deep and it’s worked pretty well)

Jon Williams - MCR B2B

David Henen - One of the winger positions

I have a few that I think could fit into a few positions. I’m pretty keen to make the most of Januzaj and I think Zivcovich is really just for CF?

Cheers

Andrew

Archived