[FM14] The U's and Me

kris0710

EDIT: THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE FIRST FEW SCREENSHOTS. NEW READERS DON'T BE PUT OFF, IT CORRECTS ITSELF FROM POST #20. ALL YOU MISS IS A POOR FIRST SEASON FINISHING 18TH!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQogY7oLwcLb5gkt3ucS8bqSczj7kn5HdAb_rJ8Mypp_AlI6cizLA

Cambridge United Football Club

Club Background:

Founded in 1912 Cambridge United are a professional club currently in the Skrill Premier. After successive 2nd placed finishes in 2007/08 and 2008/09 the club has somewhat underachieved of late with finishes of 10th, 17th, 9th and last season 14th. The club are known as 'The U's' and have a fierce rivalry with division rivals Luton Town and League One side Peterborough United.

The home games are played at the Abbey Stadium with was built in 1932 and has a capacity of 8,600. It is currently owned by Cambridge Regional College and costs £170k per year in rent.

Not the most impressive of histories in terms of trophies, the pinnacle being the League One title back in 1991. The closest to a cup victory was in 2002 where Cambridge finished runners-up in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Facilities

As mentioned an 8,600 capacity stadium although over half of the rental cost in covered by a five year stadium sponsorship deal. The youth set up is categorised as 0 while it has basic youth facilities. No surprise that the youth recruitment is basic too while junior coaching is just adequate.

Finances

Not the best as with many lower league sides the bank balance reads -£140,000 with the net debt at £542k. Currently £41.5k per month is being paid to pay back a £500k gift loan.

Manager

A former Sunday League player, Kristopher Scott, 30, takes his first managerial role. A keen follower of non league football and a former away end visitor at Abbey Road in the past. A one year deal worth £475 per week is hopefully just the start for a long career at Cambridge United.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skrill Premier 2013/14

Pre Season

Expectations:

Skrill Premier: Respectable League Position

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: Fourth Round

Season Budgets:

Transfers: £0

Wages: £16,259 per week

Wages Spend: £15,924

Tactics:

cam-tactics-jul13_zps7f22e132.png

Transfers:

None. Not one player in or out during ore season.

Results:

cam-results-jul13_zps2be9cdb1.png

Enough games there for the squad to get used to the new formation and to tweak a few things. Goals have flowed nicely and the front two look good together.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

August

cam-results-aug13_zps4a007938.png

An average start to the season that looked to be starting terribly. Can take some positives from the defeat to Forest Green, although not many. Both goals came from counter attacks, crosses from our right and headed at the bag post by a 6ft 3 striker. As the home side plenty of possession but failed to create enough with it. Travelling to Barnet was sure to be a tough test next up and it certainly was. Shading possession again and it was us that had the only shots on target. Rode our luck as the game wore on and the ball hitting the post twice almost gave the home side the win. Probably the most dour of the games so far neither side did anything but knock the ball around the back four. We spent long periods doing very little and were hit on the counter from our own corner for the Hereford winner. Going to Southport we set up more defensively and made four changes to the team. An early brace from Cunnington twice put us ahead and winger Dunk ensured we would lead 3-2 at the break. After that a brace from my other front man Hughes put the game beyond our hosts although they scored a late third. For the first time this season we didn't control possession and we actually scored and won! That was followed by another two defensive set ups that brought a further four points.

cam-table-aug13_zpsfa4bf4af.png

Transfers:

This month saw five youngsters leave on loan. Two each to feeder clubs Cambridge City and Cambridge Regional College along with Luke Allen joining Eastbourne.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

September

cam-results-sept13_zps76c06288.png

A much better month and certainly a clearer view of my best eleven. The Lincoln game was a frustrating one to be watching. Bossing the game and allowing Lincoln to a couple of off target long shots we couldn't find a goal ourselves. Hitting the woodwork four times before an injury to sub Nick Wright left the away side with just ten men. We changed to more attacking and with eight minutes had struck twice. The high looked to be continuing at Salisbury as again we didn't look in any danger of conceding in the first half. Then a rocket from 25 yards into the bottom corner mid way through the second half sent us to our first away defeat of the season. Aldershot were clearly in a false position due to the 10 point deduction and would have been third going into this one. As with the Lincoln game we took advantage of the opposition being a man down to collect the points. A red card on the hour cut us loose and three goals in the final 19 minutes gave us a brilliant away win. Two first half goals against Chester set us up nicely for the win while the same happened in the televised win over Braintree. September ended with an evenly fought point at Nuneaton.

cam-table-sep13_zps43cb690d.png

Skrill Premier 2013/14

October

cam-results-oct13_zps644c898a.png

Not how we wanted to follow up last month at all. Hold my hands up to the first two results, Gateshead poor away from home and Hyde sitting 22nd I rested players and tried to be too attacking. Total fail. In both games we conceded twice in the first half and allowed ourselves to get picked off on the counter for a third. Very naïve on my part. Back to normal and back to my near strongest eleven we saw off Alfreton easier than the score suggests before picking up a point against Woking.

cam-table-oct13_zpsa6eedea6.png

FA Cup:

cam-fac-oct13_zps05e72313.png

It seems Hyde know how to beat me. A single first half goal ended our FA Cup run before it really began.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

November

cam-results-nov13_zpsf251db05.png

That's more like it. A tough month with four away games was made to look easier than it should with a fantastic nine points gained. The Grimsby game was surprisingly even but we took our chances as they failed too. Cunnington scored the only goal at FC Halifax although a missed penalty and the post came to our rescue as the game entered the final twenty minutes. Never really got going against Kidderminster and I would not have complained had the score been six or seven in truth. A backs to the wall effort at Wrexham resulted in a good end to the month.

cam-table-nov13_zps5971f589.png

FA Trophy:

cam-fat-nov13_zps7dd94293.png

On the end of a cup shock and now we have just the league games left. Very disappointed.

Transfers:

Two loans this month come into the club-

Kyle Dixon comes in from Notts County for a month.

Gareth Evans comes in from Fleetwood until January.

You forgot to mention two FA Cup quarter finals!

I also forgot the Southern League Cup win in 1968/99! :applause:

Nice start with Cambridge. I used to use them all the time on the 1990 game called 'The Manager'

Not a bad club to manage. Realistic targets and a half decent squad.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

December

cam-results-dec13_zps43fe19b6.png

A very poor month but given the crazy away win to leaders and arch rivals Luton I think the fans will let me off. Not sure I've been involved in such a game as the one at Luton. Other than that the month has little to cheer, two awful home defeats, a weak display at Forest Green and coming from two goals down thanks to my two substitutions against Welling. Falling a little off the pace of the play off places we need to kick on in January.

cam-table-dec13_zps1a6e2ad1.png

Staff

Assistant manager Steve Fowler was sacked this month and his replacement joins on January 1st.

Players

Loanee and ever present goalkeeper Chris Maxwell is only here until January 5th and Fleetwood are currently unwilling to extend that loan so a new man between the sticks is needed.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

January

cam-results-jan14_zps8ac597a0.png

Another terrible month means its just one win in eleven. It's a real struggle to score goals at the moment but a change in tactic coupled with three experienced heads joining a largely young team I hope to see a change in results soon.

cam-table-jan14_zps5eec22df.png

Couldn't get much more mid table if we tried.

Transfers

Out:

Goalkeeper Maxwell returned to Fleetwood while youngster Hurst has gone to Histon on loan.

In:

Edgar Davids - The clubs new Assistant Manager and back up defensive midfielder. With no wage budget to sign players his duel role is invaluable for the remainder of the season.

Lenny Pidgeley - signed on loan from Newport County until the end of the season. Not my first choice but the only one of four willing to join.

Clinton Morrison - another loanee this time from Colchester. Experienced forward is here until the summer and I have high hopes he can score us the goals we have been missing.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

February

cam-results-feb14_zps70e0ce50.png

An improvement in results this month as the team starts to settle and the new signings make an impact. A brace from Morrison beat off Aldershot before a defeat at Chester thanks to a first half penalty conceded by keeper Norris. The televised defeat to Braintree was hardly surprising given their high placing so far this season. A board meeting to discuss recent results followed where it was agreed that the board would back me, for a month! The month ended with three hard earned points and a third goal of his loan from Morrison.

cam-table-feb_zpsec1ccf8b.png

cam-news-feb14_zps21a7a3ac.png

Skrill Premier 2013/14

March

cam-results-mar14_zps55d9e83f.png

Great start to the month that ended a little disappointing. Those wins were much needed and looks to have kept the board from sacking me. Clinton Morrison has found some form and now has seven goals in twelve games.

cam-table-mar14_zps26d55b3b.png

Five to play, hopeful of a nice finish and grab a top ten slot.

Youth Candidates

cam-youth-mar14_zpse4cbdb5f.png

Certainly had worse intakes. The top three of the bunch are:

Kosi Broughton - made two starts in the Skrill Premier averaging 6.25

Lewis Sutton

Nialle White - also two starts in the Skrill Premier with a 6.50 average. His debut away to Woking brought this message-

cam-record-mar14_zpsbae25454.png

Skrill Premier 2013/14

April

cam-res-apr14_zpsefad9299.png

Glad the season is over to be honest. Another poor month with the main problem being obvious, a lack of goals. Just 51 in 49 games this season tells its own story.

cam-tab-apr14_zps6429963f.png

Have I done enough for a new contract? I very much doubt it.

Skrill Premier 2013/14

End of Season

Skrill Premier

Awful showing in the league. After a bright start faded badly ending in 18th place.

FA Cup

Out in our first game, beaten by league rivals Hyde at home.

FA Trophy

On the end of a cup shock losing the replay to Evesham in the First Round

Finances

Currently in a hole with -£325,198 and initial budgets cutting my wage budget by £3k pw to £13,941.

Squad

Four players let go already and another ten will leave when contracts expire. Two loan players, Morrison and Pidgeley are off too. Luke Berry and Tom Elloitt are contracted for next year but both players want out so will be looking to offload those also. Leaves me going into June with a 12 man squad at the moment.

Seasons Honours:

Premier League : Champions: Man City Champions League: Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd Relegated: West H, Sunderland and Crystal Palace

Championship: Champions: Wigan Promoted: Reading and Derby Relegated: Doncaster, Charlton and Yeovil

League One: Champions: Sheff Utd Promoted: Brentford and Peterborough Relegated: Walsall, Port V, Crawley and Stevenage

League Two: Champions: Portsmouth Promoted: Bury, Hartlepool and Torquay Relegated: Newport and Exeter

Skrill Premier: Champions: Macclesfield Promoted: Grimsby Relegated: Nuneaton, Tamworth, Southport and Hyde

Skrill North: Champions: Altrincham Promoted: North Ferriby Relegated: Boston, Vauxhall and Bradford PA

Skrill South: Champions: Eastleigh Promoted: Ebbsfleet Relegated: Bishop's Stortford, Gosport and Dorchester

FA Cup: Winners: Man City Runners Up: Barnsley

League Cup: Winners: Aston V Runners Up: West Brom

Community Shield: Winners: Man Utd Runners Up: Wigan

JPT: Winners: Peterborough Runners Up: Tranmere

FA Trophy: Winners: Aldershot Runners Up: Barnet

Champions League: Winners: Real Madrid Runners Up: Porto

Euro Cup: Winners: Tottenham Runners Up: Man City

Super Cup: Winners: Bayern Munich Runners Up: Chelsea

(thought this was a good place to post this, if not then sorry and you can ask mods to delete ;))

I just finished my first season with Cambridge. Managed to finish 3rd and beat Barnet on penalties in the playoff final. Also won the FA Trophy. The season expectation was a mid-table finish so I think I have made things more difficult as I see me getting horsed in League 2 next season.

2dwafds.png

Here's the first team that I used for most of the matches.

flaazk.png

Aidan Sands is a youngster that came through and I played him a few games, seems to know where the net is having bagged 7 in 8 starts.

I went on a great run at the end of the season, It went down to the last round of games for the title where Braintree beat Grimsby to lift the championship. My draw against Gateshead killed my chances of winning the league.

33xvb43.png

i played quite and attacking formation in the Skrill but I think i'm going to have to change next season as i'm likely to be quite a distance behind the teams above me.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

Pre Season

First up, my contract expired at the end of June and with no communication from the board it seems I just continue on my normal wage.

Expectations:

Skrill Premier: Mid table position

FA Trophy: Third Round

Season Budgets:

Transfers: £0

Wages: £13,785 per week

Wages Spend: £12,273

Transfers:

cam-transfers-jul14_zps35b824cf.png

Bradley Hamilton - Player of the Year at Skrill South side Concord last season. Great addition.

Nigel Neita - Making the most of our new parent club by bringing in a former Arsenal youngster.

Adam Wixted - Been at Derby for three years after leaving Everton

Charlie Horton - Another loanee who spent a year at Skrill North side Histon last season.

Jean-Paul Kalala - 15 games in League Two with Rochdale last year.

Results:

cam-results-jul14_zpsb2a51e80.png

Three poor performances give little hope but the win at Bishop's Stortford was much needed. Feeling the heat despite it only being pre season.

Job Interview:

cam-welling-jul14_zps7f18057e.png

Following the Bishop's Stortford win this approach from league rivals Welling.

cam-welling1-jul14_zps5079902d.png

Quickly followed by the offer. Rejected.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

August

cam-results-aug14_zps9a7c8d2b.png

Steady if unspectacular start. Following the opening two games speculation was rife I was out the door. But three decent results followed which brought some surprising news

cam-contract-aug14_zps94d443bd.png

Here till the summer perhaps

cam-table-aug14_zpsb05b8218.png

Transfers

Adam Birchall - Released from Gillingham in the summer he had a good loan spell in Skrill Premier with Dartford last season.

Winger Nigel Neita has left already and gone back to Yeovil.

Records

Two records gone this month, oldest and youngest scorer

Lewis Sutton

Edgar Davids

You should have been cheeky and asked for a second year with your new contract!

(thought this was a good place to post this, if not then sorry and you can ask mods to delete ;))

I just finished my first season with Cambridge. Managed to finish 3rd and beat Barnet on penalties in the playoff final. Also won the FA Trophy. The season expectation was a mid-table finish so I think I have made things more difficult as I see me getting horsed in League 2 next season.

Post that here if you like, as this is specifically for Kris' career.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

September

cam-res-sept14_zpsf0cb04a2.png

A tough month where we have struggled again to find the net and picked up far too many injuries. Tom Elliot came in from the reserves a scored the only goal against Braintree as the only fit forward in all three squads. In two games this month I've had to play with a recognised forward and its cost us. The month stated okay with a tight draw against newly relegated Newport before a stoppage time winner from Birchall saw off Ebbsfleet. A second half turn around saw Kidderminster take the points and we managed to take three points from Altrincham when we really deserved none. Three poor defeats in succession turned the month into a disaster before the saving grace of the Braintree win.

cam-tab-sept14_zps2e9a5b82.png

Easy to see our problem, goals. Lowest in the division.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

October

cam-res-oct14_zps68f8b8c2.png

Two wins, two defeats in the league keeps us very much mid table. Couldn't hold onto the lead at FC Halifax but the better side won on the day. Looked for all the world that ourselves and Hereford would get a point from a match with plenty of chances, most off target but a late late winner from James Akintunde scoring his first ever goals. Away to Chester saw the best performance from my side since we beat Aldershot away last season in my opinion. On the front foot straight away hitting the bar after just 40 seconds. A goal mid way through the half and two in two minutes in the second period saw us home safely. The month ended badly with a great performance but not being able to put the ball in the next. News of Tom Elliot being out for seven weeks hasn't helped either.

cam-tab-oct14_zps6bf7b090.png

FA Cup

cam-fac-oct14_zps9572aa84.png

For the second year in a row we are beaten at home in the 4th Quali. to a league rival.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

November

cam-res-nov14_zps4ede4f40.png

Disappointing start to November with three defeats. Losing to leaders Barnet was hardly a surprise and it looked as if we had clinched a point against Gateshead with an 81st minute leveller only to be denied with a goal in the 92nd minute. Two goals early on got us back to winning was against Forest Green then two more against Alfreton saw us fight back from 2-02 down.

cam-tab-nov14_zps24a77ec8.png

FA Trophy

cam-fat-nov14_zps9af4199a.png

League leaders Barnet were made to look very ordinary in the Trophy. A home tie with Skrill South Brackley was the reward.

Transfers

Free transfer deadline day saw three new faces join the squad

Jamie Tank - Released in the summer by Wolves made 22 Skrill Premier apps last year for Luton and FC Halifax on loan.

Aaron Morris - Spent last season with League Two Burton before his release.

Chris Holroyd - Former Cambridge striker was a big hit here between 2008 and 2010 before a £60k move to Brighton. Scored 20 goals in Skrill Premier for Macclesfield last season.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

December

cam-res-dec14_zps0df60e9b.png

Surprisingly quiet month with just the three games. Two down at struggling Lincoln we came close to grabbing a point but the home side deserved the win. The win over Welling featured us falling 2-0 down before a dominant second half brought around the win. Local derby at Luton concluded 2014 and the second half equaliser maintained my unbeaten run against Luton with one win and three draws.

cam-tab-dec14_zpsae7add3f.png

Certainly looking behind rather than above

FA Trophy

cam-fat-dec14_zps90d55f08.png

On the end of another cup shock and that's just one cup win in seven ties over two years.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

January

cam-res-jan15_zpsc5dbee09.png

Bot of a disaster this month has pushed us closer to the bottom four than ever before. 62% possession at home to Eastleigh but jus the one effort on target tells the story of how we are missing flair and creativity along with a 20 goal a season forward. The points looked in the bag at Wrexham when we took a 2-1 lead with only six to play but the Welsh side scored after 89 and 94 minutes. They also hit the post and had a goal disallowed in a crazy end to the game. In form Bradley Hamilton scored the only goal away to Newport before going off with a broken toe ruling him out for 2-3 months. Hosting bottom club North Ferriby after that away win confidence was high we could follow up that win with another. But no, two goals from two efforts on target condemned us to defeat. Ebbsfleet scored twice early on to end our hopes of a win and the new year kicks off with just three points from fifteen.

cam-tab-jan15_zpse2307843.png

In a bit if a hole and February promises to be even tougher. Struggling Altrincham then four games against the current top six. Ouch.

Transfers

Two out one in during the transfer window.

Adam Cunnington - Last seasons top scorer was sold to rivals Luton for £15.75k.

Kevin Roberts - First choice right back goes to League One Torquay on a free but we get 45% of next sale. Out of contract in the summer and refusing to discuss a new one I was left with little choice of letting go with the hope Torquay sell him at some point.

Coming In

Sam McQueen - Released from Southampton in the summer he gives us competition down the flanks and hopefully something different to what we have already.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

February

cam-res-feb15_zps9a598ec8.png

Fabulous month given the opposition. Be honest, who saw me getting sacked the most likely outcome!? Starting with a win at struggling Altrincham was vital and new signing McQueen took on the role of match winner. Defeat to Kidderminster was half expected but the poor performance wasn't. That brought changes and in came Chris Holroyd. Failed to impress since his signing but his treble In a bad tempered match that saw Aldershot pick up 7 yellows and a red changes that. Set up more defensively due to injuries at Exeter the plan to frustrate worked for 81 minutes but two late goals sent us home defeated. A strange quirk all four league game against Braintree have been televised in my two years we collected a second successive 1-0 win over Braintree this year was sealed with Holroyd on target again.

cam-table-feb15_zps6b8c7185.png

Skrill Premier 2014/15

March

cam-res-mar15_zps20703de1.png

Hello form, nice to meet you! A great month for us has almost ensured Skrill Premier football next season. Good performance and long range free kick saw off Dartford was quickly followed by fight and resolve to twice come behind against FC Halifax. The Hereford draw was very disappointing given we were two nil and a man up at the break. Credit to eventual nine man Hereford for coming back so strong. Four changes following that game brought six points from two games and two totally different approaches. Sitting back more defensive against Woking saw us score on the counter then much more attacking hammered Chester.

cam-tab-mar15_zpsd16b6aa5.png

Youth Candidates

cam-youth-mar15_zpse9076dc1.png

Oliver Last - Started the last two games of the month but sadly picked up a broken ankle in the first half against Chester.

Harvey Pickering - started the win at Woking but a damaged heel in training has kept him out since.

Ronnie Saxby - Unlikely to get any game time this season.

Transfers

Two loanees have come in for the remainder of the season

Rafael Floro - On loan from Sheff Wed having played 13 times in Skrill Premier for Exeter this term. Four goals for them and one already for me he could be a great asset to any team.

De'reece Vanderhyde - Joined from Leyton Orient has also played in Skrill Premier this season, for Welling. Would love to sign both players permanently.

Skrill Premier 2014/15

April

cam-res-apr15_zpsc4513b15.png

A solid finish to the season which saw just one defeat in the final 11 games and that was to champions Barnet. The win at Forest Green relegated them and we came so close to finishing above Luton. The board are delighted with the league performance and our finish of 10th was actually our highest league position of the season.

cam-tab-apr15_zpsf73f9a47.png

Awards

cam-pom-apr15_zps546ac0fb.png

Skrill Premier 2014/15

End of Season

Skrill Premier

Fantastic end to season sees us finish 10th.

FA Cup

4th Qualifying Round defeat to league rivals Kidderminster.

FA Trophy

On the end of another cup shock losing the replay to Brackley in the Second Round.

Finances

Thankfully the board continue to pump money in when required and we end the season with £14,258 in the account. The wage spend is currently £13,188, £1,100 under budget.

Squad

Three players who do not want new contracts have been released and we have another four transfer listed or out on contract ready to leave. Have attempted to sign the four loan players (Horton, Kalala, Vanderhyde and Floro) but Peterborough refuse to let Horton leave, Kalala wants too much money and Floro is not interested. Vanderhyde on the other hand cannot wait to join.

Seasons Honours:

Premier League : Champions: Man City Champions League: Chelsea, Liverpool and Swansea Relegated: Stoke, Derby and Hull

Championship: Champions: Leicester Promoted: Nott'm Forest and QPR Relegated: Huddersfield, Sheff Utd and Bolton

League One: Champions: Doncaster Promoted: Preston and Notts County Relegated: Coventry, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Bradford

League Two: Champions: Wycombe Promoted: Fleetwood, Dag & Red and Rochdale Relegated: Morecambe and Macclesfield

Skrill Premier: Champions: Barnet Promoted: Kidderminster Relegated: Forest Green, Lincoln, Dartford and North Ferriby

Skrill North: Champions: Stalybridge Promoted: Stockport Relegated: Solihull Moors, Cambridge C and Chorley

Skrill South: Champions: Boreham Wood Promoted: Whitehawk Relegated: Hayes & Yeading, Billericay and AFC Hornchurch

FA Cup: Winners: Tottenham Runners Up: Fulham

League Cup: Winners: Man City Runners Up: Bolton

Community Shield: Winners: Arsenal Runners Up: Man City

JPT: Winners: Coventry Runners Up: Notts County

FA Trophy: Winners: Salisbury Runners Up: Forest Green

Champions League: Winners: Porto Runners Up: Arsenal

Euro Cup: Winners: Tottenham Runners Up: Man Utd

Super Cup: Winners: Tottenham Runners Up: Real Madrid

|Season | Club | Division | Position | FA Cup | FA Trophy | Other |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2013/14 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 18th | 4th Quali. | 1st Round Replay | |
|2014/15 | Cambridge United | Skrill Premier | 10th | 4th Quali. | 2nd Round Replay | |

Skrill Premier 2015/16

Pre Season

Expectations:

Skrill Premier: Respectable league position

FA Trophy: Fourth Round

Season Budgets:

Transfers: £1,470

Wages: £14,140 per week

Wages Spend: £13,675

Transfers:

cam-transfers-jul15_zps132b6341.png

Plenty of pre season business. Two players returning after loan spells last season along with the experience of Simon Davies and Alan Smith. Of the players that have left I only really wanted to keep Hamilton so I can't be too disappointed.

De'reece Vanderhyde - Good loan spell at the end of last season sees him return on a one year deal.

Alan Smith - Former Manchester Utd player is working his way down the leagues after spending last season at League Two Bristol Rovers.

Edafe Ekwueme - Loanee from Leicester will be fourth choice centre back but I'm positive he can do a job.

Charlie Horton - For me the signing of the summer. Back on loan after a great season with us last year.

Simon Davies - Another with Premier League experience who has helped Sheff Utd reach the Championship and then relegated back from it.

John McCombe - On loan from League Two Mansfield where he has had two good seasons.

Results:

cam-res-jul15_zpsf4a7f1da.png

Swansea game apart its been a good pre season and we are ready to go. Tough start with Aldershot, Morecambe and Luton first up.

Skrill Premier 2015/16

September

cam-res-sep15_zps3ca6aae6.png

The draw specialists of the Skrill Premier. Should easily have an extra four points as we conceded stoppage time levellers against both FC Halifax and Welling.

cam-tab-sep15_zpse85f9b38.png

Two wins from 13 has my job under threat.

Skrill Premier 2015/16

October

cam-res-oct15_zpsbd71b075.png

Just about scraped one win this month thanks to a 'Fergie Double'. Yes that's right, a penalty 7 minutes into the three additional minutes!! :D. Not sure how much longer the board will keep the faith though.

cam-tab-oct15_zps4359cbe6.png

FA Cup

cam-fac-oct15_zps3304fcbc.png

Skrill Premier 2015/16

December

cam-res-dec15_zpsf1527bbe.png

After the 5-0 hammering last month I've moved a new formation never tried before and after losing the first match with just 36% possession things have really clicked for the rest of the month.

cam-tab-dec15_zpsd1422502.png

Can't quite believe we are only five points off 9th place.

Skrill Premier 2015/16

January

cam-res-jan16_zps97913e1a.png

Back to disappointing results to start the new year. Two poor performances started off before throwing away the points against Whitehawk. A 90th minute header and a 94th minute penalty pulled the away side back from 3-1 down. Another lead lost to Gateshead sent us into the game with Hereford desperate for points. Thankfully we got all three and head to Alfreton next.

cam-tab-jan16_zps4f8f377e.png

What the hell had happened to Luton?

An unbelievable amount of player changes in the summer seems to be the problem. 28 players left on free transfers on 30th June with just 9 players joining before the season kicked off. Then they signed 10 players on loan during August!! Of the 28 that left only 3 were under the age of 20 so it's not like they ditched a load of youngsters. Onto manager number four at the moment too. A lack of stability could really cost them this year. They are making me look decent so I can't complain!

Struggling mate. Been threatened with the sack yet?

From the board, no, although my job is insecure and has been for about four months. Almost every game has a former player backing me and I've been favourite in the sack race for about 18 months!

Archived