Return of the King Evolution 4-4-2 possesion & beautiful football

Right then thought i had better start a new thread with this tactic as it has pretty much changed all together from the original.

My plan was to keep with a 4-4-2 but to get higher possession than my opponents (in most games) and to create loads more chances, i still find my strikers miss a few sitters but what i am finding is this tactic seem very life like as some of the screenshots will show, ie against Liverpool i pretty much dominated them and still lost 3-2 which does happen irl.

I don't think getting my Sheff Utd team running away with the Prem in 2017 and winning 7-0 every week is realistic so finding that i can lose a game without deserving to but then also winning a game against the run of play is my idea of an enjoyable game. Finishing 2nd in the premier league in 2017/2018 i feel is a pretty good achievement with Sheff Utd as my team is not filled with world class regens in 2027 and it has been difficult not getting carried away with paying stupid wages out.

The Formation

It is a standard flat 4-4-2 but getting the right players in the right positions is a big thing, which i will go into later. The screenshot shows the team instructions and formation.

SheffieldUnited_TacticsTeam_zps76167e11.png

The Players

GK - Pretty easy really, get the best you can afford. TIP Try to get a keeper with low Eccentricity and high kicking

DR - The right back will help the right midfielder out in the attacking third and you will find he gets quite a few assists, so pace, dribbling, balance, work rate, crossing are essential, as well as the usual attributes for a attacking fullback

DL - The left back pretty much lets the left midfielder do all the attacking, so he is more disciplined than the RB, so tackling, positioning, work rate, strength, stamina, anticipation are vital, i have also found if you can get a LB with good jumping & heading it helps in a big way, i have Ben Davies here at 5'7" and his poor aerial attributes cost me a few goals a season.

DCR - The more commanding DC on this side, think John Terry type but pace always helps

DCL - The more composed type DC here, passing, anticipation, composure, pace, acceleration, balance, agility are really important.

WMR - Definitely your more conventional winger, sticks to the rhs and will whip in loads of crosses and will get on the end of a few crosses coming in from the left. Pace, acceleration, work rate, dribbling, crossing, anticipation are essential.

WML - 2 footed player makes this tactic a dream, he will end up being your most influential player, assists & goals galore, he will cross when its right to do so and also cut inside for shots on goal at the right times. TIP right footed player doesn't work if you can't get a 2 footed player use a traditional left footed winger.

BWM - Usual hard working, tough tackling type, aerial ability will be a big help as well, also i have found that a left footed dmc works a little better here to help balance the formation.

DLP - Your creative hub that makes this tactic work and keep possession, so passing, creativity, stamina, composure, finishing, long shots. This guy will probably be your most expensive/valuble player and after a season or 2 every man and their dog want to buy him.

AF - Your goal scorer supreme, usual predatory instincts are required here, forget the creative part, essential attributes are finishing, composure, off the ball, long shots, pace, acceleration, anticipation, stamina, dribbling, heading, jumping and strength.

DLP - your creative striker needs good passing, creativity, off the ball, agility, anticipation as well as the usual striker attributes, he will get plenty of goals but his movement off the ball is vital for the tactic and helps bring the DLP and wide men into the game.

Results

A few screen shots to show results and stats and my latest league standings, these pretty much show that the tactic is by any means a win all tactic but is very realistic with getting you the results required.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-5_zps717fb909.png

SheffUtdvManUtd_StatsMatchStats_zpsb5bc5527.png

SheffUtdvManCity_StatsMatchStats-2_zps866b5a35.png

SheffWedvSheffUtd_StatsMatchStats_zpsd46d0be1.png

ManCityvSheffUtd_StatsMatchStats_zps68e476e3.png

SheffUtdvLiverpool_StatsMatchStats_zps6e9a2724.png

If anyone need any further information or advice on players etc, please feel free to ask

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqm18gr4fohpqhn/ROTK%20Evolution.tac

ENJOY!

What kind of match prep and training do you use? :)

Edit:

When downloading the tactic its not a flat one, it is more like a 4-2-2-2! with a false9 and AF forward combination in front and BPD - CD combination in the back ;)

Well after a few games this evening i might be onto something, just can't get the flat 4-4-2 to work, so after playing around with different formations i have settled on a 4-2-3-1 and it seems to be working like a charm.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewProfile_zps77ce17ca.png

Never shut a team out like this before :)

SheffUtdvNorwich_StatsMatchStats_zpsa0a49c5a.png

Through a difficult group in my 1st champions league campaign

ZenitvSheffUtd_StatsMatchStats_zpse5e2e272.png

Here's the tactic if anyone wants to give it a whirl, it is working very well for me, 15 games lost 2 (man city away and man utd in carling cup when playing my fringe players), drawn 1 & won 12!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/207u1efvpu7iaip/ROTK%20Evolution%2014.1.4%20v1.tac

Let me know any feedback where you think it could be made better

Cheers

This seems to do ok for new patch, will try more games to see

• 2 weeks later...

Well after loads of testing i have decided to scrap the 4-2-3-1 type formations and go back to a 442 inspired by the man utd of the 90's and it is working like a charm!

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-6_zps45fa86f1.png

so solid in defence and counter attacking is a joy to watch, tbh i have a cracking team in 2020 won the prem last season and started this on fire and the tactic isn't fully fluid yet.

Could do with someone doing a bit of testing maybe on a new save from the beginning to see if its the tactic or my team that is the reason for my success, so if anyone fancies a go with it i will get it uploaded, just let me know guys

one of my recent games in the champions league

ZenitvSheffUtd_StatsMatchStats-2_zps6e12d188.png

Will get it uploaded when i get in from work later, it is deffo the best tactic i have created upto now and better than any other i have downloaded and tried but like i said it could be my team by no means world class throughout but i have a very good squad. I am in January now and from memory i am around 15 points clear at the top of prem with still only one defeat!

Tactic here guys http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysq86ykayi8d8l6/class%20of%2092%20v1.1.tac

let me know how you get on with it.

Basically being a man utd fan i wanted to try and create a tactic that reflected the era of Keane, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs etc and upto now it is producing results better than i could ever have hoped for.

Main positions are your poacher who will get most of the goals think Andy Cole, your DLF strong, classy, creative ala Cantona, the right hand side is important your RB & RWM will get the most assists ala Neville and Beckham in tandem so the RWM needs to be hard working whereas the LW is the more direct flair winger (Giggsy) you get the idea.

If people have success with it i will start a full thread i just don't want to start a new save just yet as i am enjoying my current game so much. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Anything you change from home to away with the tweaked one?

And, whats your training? :) cheers

No changes just plug and play, tbh i am bit crap with training i tend to just leave it on balanced and match training on def set pieces, then every now n again when i think about it i might change match training to something else!

Well the new patch has well and truly foooooked up my save! thanks SI for ballsing the game up :applause:, now my players are playing like sunday league players who have been out on the lash on saturday night! Gone from losing 1 game all season to losing 3 in the last 4 games! Back to the drawing board i guess :(

• 5 weeks later...

ady thanks for the class of 92 tactic it works great even on the latest 14.2.2 patch I am using it at stockport county and I am ripping teams to bits but the cm suport does not seem to score many and my ass man keeps telling me that the gap between my mid and att is to big when i started to use it my strikers could not buy a goal and they are scoring plenty

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure what is going wrong but I am finding it absolutely impossible to defend balls through the middle. I am getting totally destroyed by this at Spurs.

Update.

After posting this I got shafted 9-1 by Arsenal with 9 CCC's to them ALL of them coming from through balls splitting my defence. Kaboul who is my quickest defender Pace-15 Acc-15 Positioning-17 just put a match rating of 3.4.

Oh and I got sacked immidiately after the match btw lol

Archived