Fair play or fair pay ?

Trying to help out a mte who's not on the forum - he's just taken over a new club, Bournemouth, who've been relegated to L1.

He's adjusted budgets to create a higher wage budget and has cleared out some of the sqaud so he is sufficiently under the new wage budget.

However, with c£20k wage budget available, he is not able to offer above £5k pw. Is this financial fair play or something else ?

If it is FFP, can that be turned off (mid game or a start of a game ?).

Any ideas ?

Trying to help out a mte who's not on the forum - he's just taken over a new club, Bournemouth, who've been relegated to L1.

He's adjusted budgets to create a higher wage budget and has cleared out some of the sqaud so he is sufficiently under the new wage budget.

However, with c£20k wage budget available, he is not able to offer above £5k pw. Is this financial fair play or something else ?

Any ideas ?

Doesn't sound like it's FFP, especially at that level, just sounds like the board are capping the amount of wages you can offer to a player. Not much you can do about that. And on the chance it is FFP, which I don't think it is, no you can't turn it off. It's part of football. You could probably kill or lessen it with the (pre-game) editor, but not even sure about that.

Any ideas ?

Go to finances and check under salaries tap. It will tell you what kind of wages you can offer for various types of players. Obviously, key players can get the most. But you can't have many key player contracts.

Doesn't sound like it's FFP, especially at that level, just sounds like the board are capping the amount of wages you can offer to a player. Not much you can do about that. And on the chance it is FFP, which I don't think it is, no you can't turn it off. It's part of football. You could probably kill or lessen it with the (pre-game) editor, but not even sure about that.

I thought the same, i.e. board capping wage spend - but they already have players on much more than £5k pw and are asking for high profile signings...

I thought the same, i.e. board capping wage spend - but they already have players on much more than £5k pw and are asking for high profile signings...

I agree, there's certainly not enough transparency around this feature. The last few clubs I've been at I have really struggled to bring in players at times, as the wages offered just aren't good enough. There's still room in the budget, but the limit is still set low. If there was an accompanying message "The board doesn't wish to spend more than <X> amount on this player" then that's fair enough, but it's pretty random at the moment.

Go to finances and check under salaries tap. It will tell you what kind of wages you can offer for various types of players. Obviously, key players can get the most. But you can't have many key player contracts.

Didn't think of suggesting that - but if it is set at £5k, it still will not explain why if at least 4 times that is available

The board expects you to have around 20 players and the wage structure is spread out.

So, under 20k euro a week limit, I doubt any board will let you have a key player with a wage of 5k a week.

Possibly not made myself clear - the £20k pw is not the total budget - it is the amount available after exisiting spend of the overall wage budget (I don't know the absolute figures, but imagine having an overall budget of say £200k and currently spending £180k)

It's always been this way on FM, the board never let you use your whole allocation on one player. They set a limit based on current funds, it does not take into account what players are currently on, and nor should it.

Your friend has £20k p/w to spend and the board won't let him offer more than £5k p/w, meaning he can get in 4 players on (for League 1) pretty decent wages which seems good to me. I've been at that level and had £30k-£40K p/w to spend and not been allowed to offer more than £2K p/w, meaning that theoretically I could get 20 players in but they'd not be too much better than what I'd already got. That level is not exactly affluent and even with a rich owner clubs are squeezed due to FFP rules.

It's always been this way on FM, the board never let you use your whole allocation on one player. They set a limit based on current funds, it does not take into account what players are currently on, and nor should it.

Your friend has £20k p/w to spend and the board won't let him offer more than £5k p/w, meaning he can get in 4 players on (for League 1) pretty decent wages which seems good to me. I've been at that level and had £30k-£40K p/w to spend and not been allowed to offer more than £2K p/w, meaning that theoretically I could get 20 players in but they'd not be too much better than what I'd already got. That level is not exactly affluent and even with a rich owner clubs are squeezed due to FFP rules.

Yes, I thought there had always been restrictions, guess my mate and I were wondering if FFP was what was impacting here

Archived