Signing a player without a work permit

So i've found myself a very promising young (19) Cameroonian playing in Egypt.

Problem is i cant get a work permit, although this is not entirely surprising there is no option to sign the player without the WP, which i know was in past versions of the game. I know one of the features touted for this years game was to apply for WP's for players at your club without offering a new contract, so surely i should be able to sign him without the wp

The only message i get in game is "player X proposed move to tottenham has been cancelled after the appeal for work permit was turned down"

Am i missing something obvious?

1) Set-up a feeder club in a country with looser WP laws (i.e. Germany or Netherlands)

2) Sign the Cameroon player on a contract without a WP

3) Loan him out to the feeder club for a few years

4) Bring him back to your club once he has played enough internationals to get a WP or has become an EU citizen

If he's good enough to play for Cameroon (quite likely) you may find that they will cap him while sits in your reserves thus possibly enabling you to get him a permit when you offer him a new contract after 6-8 months. I had this happen when i signed Sime Vrsaljko for Liverpool in FM13. May happen, may not, just putting it out there.

• 5 months later...

I have a Belgium club (which normally suits most persons trying to get a WP) and a Spanish Club (for Contou countries) as affliates and yet my transfers still get rejected even though they could be loaned to the former, if not the latter

Archived