Hi, I'm new here - just some points/questions on the game

Firstly, I've found this forum over the last couple of days and figured that the people here were so similarly crazy to me in their addiction to FM that I must join and share my madness. While I'm here, I think I'll get all my issues with the game into one post rather than cluttering the forum with numerous individual topics. I haven't been able to read every post so apologies if I cover issues already discussed. My thoughts:

1) ON FM08 (not really sure what 'version' I've got, I bought it from Game in February!) there are a ridiculous amount of disallowed goals from corners, and practically no goals that count. Everytime there's a goal from a corner there's been a push.

2) How annoying is it when you're battering the opposition and their keeper's having an 8, then a chance just comes up and they have a freekick from nowhere smack bang on the edge of your box and just bend it in. (This is on key highlights, I'm sure on extended it'd show me how Burton Albion managed to get that close to my net when I'm Forest in the Premier).

3) Has anybody encountered players losing their eyes? I'm in 2034/35 season, and the other week I went on only to find players had lost their eyes (99% of the people on the game are now fake faces, only coaches/managers remain from the start, and they still have their eyes). So the players are normal in every other way, the game is (relatively) fine but the players have white eyes!

4) Crashdumps - does this neccesarily kill your file? The other day it came up about them and automatically switched FM off (it wasn't too catastrophic as it had saved a week before) and when I looked on here to see what it was about I saw that somebody couldn't get passed that point. But I went back on and played a month without problems. Is my file a ticking time bomb, or will I be ok and it was just a meaningless threat?

5) I've also had something about 'array access out of bounds' or summat. That didn't seem to do much though. That a threat as well?

6) Right, I'm the best manager of all time (700 points on Hall of Fame beating Sir Alex by 3) and have won the World Cup, Euro, Premier League 4 times and everything. What can my next goal be? Plough on until I have a much-talked-about-but-rarely-seen son? I'm happy with being the best team in the world but what's my next step?

7) Is there a 'keeper bug' you get that means opposition keepers play stupidly well against you regularly? It doesn't rile me too much as I usually win anyway, but 'keepers are constantly having 8s and 9s against me. Is it my tactics (probable), comes with the territory of being the best team and bombarding the opposition with shots (even more probable) or a bug contracted in 2035 to try and **** me off (very improbable, I reckon).

I don't expect answers from everyone for everything, but help me/agree/disagree with me if you can!

Regards

Niall

UTM

Firstly, I've found this forum over the last couple of days and figured that the people here were so similarly crazy to me in their addiction to FM that I must join and share my madness. While I'm here, I think I'll get all my issues with the game into one post rather than cluttering the forum with numerous individual topics. I haven't been able to read every post so apologies if I cover issues already discussed. My thoughts:

1) ON FM08 (not really sure what 'version' I've got, I bought it from Game in February!) there are a ridiculous amount of disallowed goals from corners, and practically no goals that count. Everytime there's a goal from a corner there's been a push.

You need the 8.0.2 patch. Find it http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=31218]here.

2) How annoying is it when you're battering the opposition and their keeper's having an 8, then a chance just comes up and they have a freekick from nowhere smack bang on the edge of your box and just bend it in. (This is on key highlights, I'm sure on extended it'd show me how Burton Albion managed to get that close to my net when I'm Forest in the Premier).

Many many threads discussing this issue, I'd suggest looking/asking in the Tactics forum for help with this.

3) Has anybody encountered players losing their eyes? I'm in 2034/35 season, and the other week I went on only to find players had lost their eyes (99% of the people on the game are now fake faces, only coaches/managers remain from the start, and they still have their eyes). So the players are normal in every other way, the game is (relatively) fine but the players have white eyes!

Thats a wierd one. I would suggest it is a problem with some graphics. You will probably get better help in the Graphics forum.

4) Crashdumps - does this neccesarily kill your file? The other day it came up about them and automatically switched FM off (it wasn't too catastrophic as it had saved a week before) and when I looked on here to see what it was about I saw that somebody couldn't get passed that point. But I went back on and played a month without problems. Is my file a ticking time bomb, or will I be ok and it was just a meaningless threat?

It shouldn't stop your game but it will keep on crashing, again the 8.0.2 patch went along way to fixing this. IT fixed it 100% for me.

5) I've also had something about 'array access out of bounds' or summat. That didn't seem to do much though. That a threat as well?

I wouldn't worry too much. You can always continue the game. If I get that error, I generally re load my nearest save. The thing to watch out for is that when it does it, espoecially on the contract screen that everything remains the same. If it does on when offering a player a contract it can take away their job role (it will be blank and you can't change it). If the player accepts the contract like that, he will dissapear.

6) Right, I'm the best manager of all time (700 points on Hall of Fame beating Sir Alex by 3) and have won the World Cup, Euro, Premier League 4 times and everything. What can my next goal be? Plough on until I have a much-talked-about-but-rarely-seen son? I'm happy with being the best team in the world but what's my next step?

I'm in a similar situation. Im trying to get my best youth product striker to break the all time goal scoring record. So I would either suggest trying to break more records (especially clubs ones), take over a stuggling club and try to end your team's dominance or start a new game.

7) Is there a 'keeper bug' you get that means opposition keepers play stupidly well against you regularly? It doesn't rile me too much as I usually win anyway, but 'keepers are constantly having 8s and 9s against me. Is it my tactics (probable), comes with the territory of being the best team and bombarding the opposition with shots (even more probable) or a bug contracted in 2035 to try and **** me off (very improbable, I reckon).

See question/answer 2)

I don't expect answers from everyone for everything, but help me/agree/disagree with me if you can!

Regards

Niall

UTM

Hope that helps.

Archived