NCAA (and US lower leagues) Expansion

Al Clark

• SI Staff

Hi Folks

It's been 4-5 years since I last attempted the mammoth job of a full NCAA Division 1 expansion (over 20 conferences, 200+ teams) but I'm hard at it again.

I am looking for help though on two fronts:

#1 Data - there's a load of data work, even just getting the schools into the game, as well as adding staff and some of the higher profile players (including ex-MLS academy guys in the college ranks). The players are in hand, but if anyone would like to help with adding schools please send me a message.

#2 Graphics (logos) - still have most of the logos from last time. They might need some tweaking. I'm not at all a graphics person, but if you are and would like to look over what we've got and make sure it works for FM14 and plug any gaps please let me know. There's at least one new conference that needs a competition logo too.

#3 Kits - Uncle Sam did some outstanding work on providing all NCAA kits last time. If anyone has those I'd REALLY appreciate a copy. Old kits are better than no kits. If you can help do some new/updated kits even better. Just let me know.

I've been trying hard to drive some traffic back to FMNorthAmerica.com, so if you're based in the CONCACAF region or like to play MLS please come over and STAY! The site is getting a lot of visitors but not much in the way of discussion. PLEASE dive in and help rebuild the community over here. There should be all sorts of goodies on there soon, and we'll have an online game up and running in the next month or so too for sure.

• SI Staff
I look forward to this. Would say I'd help but sadly won't have the time for a task as large as this given other projects I want to work on.

The idea is if we can split it up successfully many hands will make light work. If I can get help on the graphics side, I fully expect to have this ready to roll at the end of the month complete with everything. Graphics will be the hardest part.

I don't know how to do the advanced editor or I'd help. I just tinker with the basics in my own. Just simply added NASL, USL and the development leagues to my own. I'm changing my CCL competition to be more like Europe where the caribbean countries all have their own teams they send instead of the caribbean championship top 3 teams go to CCL.

• SI Staff

The biggest need we have is getting the actual NCAA schools into a file. We have people who can do the advanced editor. We also have a lot of graphics needs. Add me on Steam as a friend (Aljarov) and we can chat.

• SI Staff

Update:

Six full conferences in (Schools, records, conf histories, awards etc...) now complete. Over 7000 DB changes. 55 of the D1 schools now added.

There's a lot of work farmed out...if everyone comes good we might be ahead of the end of month schedule. Still need as much help as possible.

Completed:

American Athletic Conference (AAC)

Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)

Big East

Colonial Athletic Association

Conference USA

PAC-12

• SI Staff
Hi, I actually play for Niagara in the MAAC and would be able to help you with any information regarding that conference, I could probably give you some pretty accurate information on some players too

Can you add me on Steam and we can discuss that. I will only be including, at most, about 250 real players into NCAA. Only ones with true pro-prospects or those with existing MLS rights as ex-academy players else it would be just enormous. I'd appreciate insights from you though for sure!

Can you add me on Steam and we can discuss that. I will only be including, at most, about 250 real players into NCAA. Only ones with true pro-prospects or those with existing MLS rights as ex-academy players else it would be just enormous. I'd appreciate insights from you though for sure!

I added you

• 2 months later...

Archived