Your Favourite Regens

Here's a few of my favourites in my career game...

Adam Nagy

I signed on a free transfer to Toronto FC after being released by MTK. I moved to Plymouth and I got him again on a free after Toronto FC released him. When I moved clubs to PSV, I bought for US$2 million when he was only worth US$325k. Not my best player but he's an integral part of my team. He has scored some key goals for me throughout my managerial career.

Peter Strasser

Signed him for US$300k after my German scout at Plymouth found him. Played sparingly at Plymouth but was going to blend him into my lineup before the unexpected job offer from PSV came. I quickly loaned him when I came to PSV, and he hasn't went back to Plymouth since. His stay at PSV might come to an end, as some youngsters in my Youth Academy are coming through the ranks. I'm not sure if I will use Strasser much this season but he was a key player in Plymouth's push to the Premiership.

Petr Krejcik

I signed him for US$6 million from Danish club Brondby 3 years ago. His value has dropped a bit since I signed him but I have no regrets. Very solid player and I hope to one day make him my captain.

Frank Bond

He makes the list because he's my most successful homegrown regen (which isn't saying much). He's going on loan to Lokeren in the new year to help their push to stay above relegation in the Belgian First Division.

Hopefully my future stars...

Ferreira and Mauricio Costa

These two brazilians were found by my Brazilian scout at PSV the past season. Both were valued at over US$3 million but both had low transfer release clauses at about US$1.5 million each. Ferreira will hopefully take over the goalkeeper duties from Gomes after he retires, and blending Costa in my squad either Lazovic retires or until I sell Zeefuik.

Tetsuya Kawai

Got on a free after going through the Japanese national team. I inserted him into the starting lineup as my right midfielder immediately and has done well.

Suparman must be a rare regen in the game with corners stat of 20 and penalties of 17 as most regens have extremely poor set piece stats. That is according to Neji's thread in the CSE forums. That is one of the problems he found with regens.

I don't know but would assume so. I have just noticed he long throws are 20 as well. I would have definitely said he was edited if he had a high free-kicks stat as Neji found that no regen had 15+ in all of free-kicks, corners and penalties. But he hasn't so I would say he is not edited but he certainly is rare. That is just going on Neji's experiment , though.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/PhilP1208/Grieco.jpg

Came through the academy, went out on loan a few seasons. Brilliant player and never complains when he's not played. Best super-sub ever.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/PhilP1208/Ortega.jpg

Top scorer every season. Beat Aguero's scoring record by 12 goals and still playing.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/PhilP1208/Kirk.jpg

Signed for £20 million from Fulham. Worth every penny. Tops assist charts every season.

Here are just 2, the first is my current best striker... at least in his scoring record. His first truly great season came when he was 22, 67 goals in 63. I nearly thought he might have been based on something human when he began his second season on 5 in 20 games, then came late november, and onwards with him finishish with 60 in 64. He is now mauling the league! The second is a young winger/ striker, I've been playing him on the wing, mainly because of Fredriksson's form. If he continues to develope the way he has been... Wow!

Fredriksson

Pereda

Rune Jørgensen is the best regen I have ever managed on FM2008. I was managing the Norwegian national team, and not Chelsea. Just wanted to make that clear ;)

Just take a look at his national team stats. He is immense. However as you can see from the screenshots, he was actually a much better player at 19 than he is at 26.

2012:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/Bjaartie/Jrgensen.jpg

2019:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/Bjaartie/Jrgensen2.jpg

I'm not convinced either Mike7077, especially strange that attributes such as balance, jumping and strength are so low compared to the rest. Could this be because the editor accepts a 20 for these stats, but they change over time to suit the player, whereas the other stats rarely drop so low when using the editor.

Definately edited IMO, it's a strange occurance considering how poor most other peoples newgens are described as.

I believe it. If he was going to edit his winger, wouldnt he want to crank up his pace a little?

Just to add to my previous post, things like pace and strength change depending on the player type etc and never remain 20 as edited, whereas stats like finishing rarely drop drastically and remain high after editing.

Just to add to my previous post, things like pace and strength change depending on the player type etc and never remain 20 as edited, whereas stats like finishing rarely drop drastically and remain high after editing.

Could very well be. I have no experience when it comes to editing, but you may have a point.

Ah! Too many fantastic regens to mention, but after trawling through those that I uploaded screenshots of, these are some of my favourites from numerous different savegames and different versions of FM, with lots of waffle surrounding them!:

From my long FM07 game with Derby County where I was lucky enough to pick up lots of exceptional regens. 3 of those who joined the club either in our Championship promotion season or 1st EPL season and became stalwarts of my back line for years to come are:

JyrkiNiemi

JereVirta

TomasSignell

Funnily enough I signed Jere Virta expecting him to be decent backup, but a player who would probably never make it at Derby (there were plenty of those who were good, but not quite good enough that I sold on to finance big money buys). In the end he got into the team when we had injuries early on and was so good he stayed there for the next decade. The final one from Derby 07 was another who I signed as a decent looking youngster who I would probably look to sell on because he wouldn't make it, but injuries to Diego and our other creative midfielders gave him his chance as a 17 year old and he was immense and played a starring role also for the next 10 years:

JozsefSandor

Two of my favourite young stars from an FM06 game in Iceland with Grindavik were MikaGustafsson and AnttiPietila. Both starred as we stormed to the Champions League title in our ramshackle 3500 capacity stadium. Mika was then sold to Chelsea for £15 million while Antti unfortunately became one of many of those talented young stars who were not interested in signing new contracts at Grindavik after becoming Champions League winners so he left on a Bosman :(

In that same game I also managed an IA Akranes team on a budget which, at one point after Grindavik's cash windfall from the player sale and Champs Leage win, saw IA paying their entire team the same as a single Grindavik player (one of the few who did re-sign, but for a big wage). IA beat Grindavik to the Icelandic title just once with that team and the star man was ErikMettavainio, a Swedish-born striker whom I instantly capped for Iceland and who scored an astounding 100 goals for the club by the age of 21 (this in a country where there are only 18 league games in a season plus mebee 12 cup games and then European games). He is one of my all time favourite players from one of my all time favourite cheap, but brilliant Gung Ho teams.

Finally a bunch of players from my longest FM06 game in which I managed Whitley Bay, then jumped ship to Newcastle before I could get sacked when things went wrong in the EPL, but I added another manager to Whitley Bay because I couldn't just let the AI destroy all my work. I also had a manager at Derby in that game. AlanDyer was the goal scoring star of Whitley Bay, having joined in League 2 and moved up the leagues with us (His history). KennethEdinsen was another who joined us on our journey (in League 1) and was one of the most consistent midfielders around - he went with me to Newcastle where he was an integral part of the team that won 5 straight EPL titles, alongside another former Whitley Bay player, TeroLappalainen whose lack of raw pace was more than made up for by his exquisite talent - a big favourite of mine and a World Cup winner too!

FernandoRedondo was the biggest management gamble I have ever taken...I was on my 3rd (or 4th maybe) Whitley Bay manager after I had failed to arrest the slide after my 1st left, but I loved the club so much, the team I had built, that I added a new manager every time one got sacked. The 4th manager found himself in charge of a talented team who had lost all belief and were 10 points adrift at the foot of the EPL at Christmas. I chose to sell our star DMC to AC Milan for £20 million (I had just signed a new one from Leicester fpr £1.5 mill and threw this young kid into the team as his replacement - he went on to become a world class star). I immediately spent the entire £20 million on Redondo, knowing full well that it would put us £5 million in debt, that we were losing money each month, that our wage bill was huge and that we were odds on to get relegated to The Championship where we would spiral into financial meltdown in no time. As it was Redondo (and more particularly the young DMC) inspired a great fightback and we escaped relegation and rebuilt to challenge Newcastle for the title forthe next few years and eventually win the Champions League (although never again the EPL after our solitary success years before under my 1st manager).

Final word on Whitley Bay must go to my two young England internationals, AndrewKing and TonyRichardson. Both were born and bred in Whitley Bay and it gave me great pride to see these two products of my youth system as regulars in the England first 11.

Also in the England team regularly were two players who were with Derby at the bottom of League 1 as raw 18 year olds when I took over. JoeWright and SteveWarren led the charge of a wild and swashbuckling Derby County back up the leagues to settle into regular 3rd placed finishers in the EPL. Their style of play made that team the most thrilling I have ever managed, but it also meant that they would never challenge the far more consistently good Whitley Bay and unbeatable Newcastle United for the EPL title. After watching Derby County 7-0 Arsenal with the young England pair starring though I really didn't care!

here arse just a thew, they are still young and i hope they come great players for the club Ipswich Town

The first is Nick Eaton a GK i payed 850k for him when he was still 17

Nick Eaton: http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/w/WayneB73/145908/iwrnpntrek.jpg

I payed 250k for kieron daly 3 years ago

Kieron Daly: http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/w/WayneB73/145908/aimemavvot.jpg

The next player cost me 3.5 million last season. hes crap to be fair. not even 1 single assist this season. he's now getting sold for 7.5 mill

Gojko Cvetanovski: http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/w/WayneB73/145908/zcyfhfzhrd.jpg

I come from the south-east region, and players are not really trained according to their position.

From young, they just throw you a jersey and ask you what you want to play as. You decide yourself. Then you adjust to other positions once you find you can't make that position OR you find you're even better in another position. This results in evening of stats.

I haven't edited Suparman, I've just downloaded a Save from FootballManager portal from the future, I wanted to play only with regens, so I got the ' Top Leagues of Major Nations, Italy, Spain, England in 2023' Save and after a quick look at the best players, I came across this guy :D

I don't think the guy who made the Save would have edited him...

Wow, some of you have very good regens:D

Deo, I'll take a look at that save. I wouldn't mind playing as Real Madrid just to see this Suparman guy:D

I also just signed this Brazilian, Renan for US$2.1 million + clauses after my scout noticed him. His potential is even better than Adam Nagy. Pretty good attributes for a 15 year old:).

To fill in the story a bit, here are some of the players who make up my QPR side. The past two seasons we have won the Premiership without losing a single game. We currently have an unbeaten run of 89 league games. Last season also saw us take the Champions league title. The players...

Phil Green

I bought this guy at 17 years old for my QPR side from Man Utd for £11 million. Gets goals by the bag full, primarily due to the fact that he's a beast in the air. Recently sold him to Real Madrid for £80 million, with a few future extras.

Flavio Gomes

Bought from Villareal for £20 million, Flavio has been an excellent signing with average ratings over 7.40 in the last 3 seasons. Also makes a habit of scoring well timed screamers from long range. Possibly the best player I have seen on pitch in FM08.

Minja Milosevic

Bought for £230k from Sion in 2011/12, Minja has now played 222 games for QPR with a career average of 7.18. He is getting better every season and is a technically perfect. Makes up for his lack of pace with intelligence, stamina and work rate. Unfortunately, he is often tempted when a big name club comes knocking, but a new contract usually wins him over.

Diego

Bought from Zaragoza for £30m, and worth every penny. An assist machine with 45 assists in 42 league appearances for me. Watching this guy stuff players down the left wing is a delight.

Castillo

Signed from Sevilla for £30.5m, has now earned the status of 'Legendary goalkeeper'. Best goalie i've ever had in FM.

Karl Wells

Bought from Newcastle for £48.5m to replace Phil Green. Has bagged 52 goals in in 73 league games for QPR. A model-pro and world class goal machine. A deadly finisher and intelligent creator of chances.

Joel

Snapped up from Sevilla for £46m and has proved value for money with 87 goals in his four and a bit seasons. Classy and loyal striker. Has formed an unstoppable partnership with Wells.

Lee Hallam

The next big thing in central midfield. Signed from Everton aged 15, Lee is showing exceptional promise as he begins to break in to the first team. Was touted as the next Glenn Hoddle.

Garry Smith

Signed from Blackburn as a youngster for £750k, Smith is looking to be one for the future as he fills in for Joel and Wells as required. All the makings of a future star.

I forgot to mention my young Basque goalkeeper, David Conget! He hasn't played a game for me yet, but he's only 17. My assistant thinks he's going to be world class. I've loaned him out to Antwerp and he's kept 8 clean sheets in 10 games.

I haven't edited Suparman, I've just downloaded a Save from FootballManager portal from the future, I wanted to play only with regens, so I got the ' Top Leagues of Major Nations, Italy, Spain, England in 2023' Save and after a quick look at the best players, I came across this guy :D

I don't think the guy who made the Save would have edited him...

i downloaded one of thos saves as well, and the attributes on some of the players were ridiculously high. there was definitely something done to them imo.. theres no way players get or stay that good on anybody else's games. downloaded one from 2023 and had a bash... Fernando Torres's attributes were huge, and, considering he was 36 (iirc) they were unrealistically high.. if i still have the game ill find a screenie of it...

edit: i cant find the save game, must have deleted it...

Yeah I noticed that too, in the Save with more leagues on it, but on the other one with only the top leagues of the top counties its more realistic.

IIRC, the saves were made with the 8.01 Version, they toned quite a few players down with 8.02.

Archived