High Scoring Defenders

At the end of my first season playing as Arsenal I blew my entire transfer budget on Pique from Barcelona. With 5 games to go he's played 30 games in the league and scored 16 goals, including 2 hat tricks. This seems unrealistic when you consider that Leighton Baines who's probably had around 10 seasons playing in the Premier League and takes his fair share of set pieces has only scored 21 league goals in his career. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

what's more is they score with their foot from corner instead of with their head

But at the near post, right? That's a known issue, and if you leave set piece instructions at the default, it will be one of your centre backs getting all those unrealistic opportunities.

I'd seen Vidic kill the ball from a corner delivery with one touch at the near post, swivel on the spot and hit the half-volley right into the opposite corner of the goal. To hell with that, I've seen lower league defenders able to do the same. Players with 2 for First Touch, incredible :applause::lol:

Same issue here. In my first save Johnny Evans scored 10 goals in about as many games as a starter, solely from corners and almost solely by foot. Known issue I believe.

The opposition doesn't seem to mark the first post, or close down the cornertaker for that matter.

Archived