*IDEA* Export a Newgen

Throughout my 20 year addiction to CM/FM i've come to love quite a few of my regen/newgen players and i'm always sad when i exhaust a current save and know Rolf-Martin Smith or Grant Grant will never score another hat-trick for me ever again...:(

Therefore, i would love to see a feature where you could save or export your favourite newgens so that they can appear in any future career games you create. I think only a limited amount should be allowed to be saved (maximum of five) so that your games don't eventually get clogged up with newgen wonderkids but having the ability to nuture the same newgen again would be great. Who knows, he might end up with a completely different career?

What do you guys think?

That would mean purchasing the in-game editor which a lot of people won't be doing as IT'S CHEATING!

No you could use the editor before you start a game, that would be in essence the same as if you would import the regen as you suggested ;)

And his CA and PA?

Yeah you'd have to use a ingame editor in the other FM you're playing, to find out his ca and pa etc.

Write it down and create the player in the normal editor of FM14. Cheating? Maybe, but i think as long as this game is just for you, and if you do it this way it would be the same as importing the regen as you suggested right?

To me, creating a "me"-gen database and inserting it into the game as a free-agent is no more cheating than declaring yourself a "international footballer" in your profile and taking over Man U without interviewing for the job. I always set the "me"-gen to random PA, and they generally snub my signing advances in-game, so I end up just watching them develop from afar. And since I don't play versus on-line, I'm not messing up anyone's history but my own.

I completely agree that it's his o

wn game and it's his own choice. I just found it odd that his reason for not using the in-game editor was because he considered it cheating, when importing players into the game would obviously be cheating as well.

I think its completely different. Newgens are inevitable in all games, amending current players stats aren't.

But don't you do this with non-newgen players?

No, you don't pick up 5 non-newgen players on a free that you know for sure are going to be world beaters.

If you sign the player it's cheating, if you just put him in your save and watching his career it's something else.

This I would agree with, it would be interesting to see how their career would turn out if you don't sign them up yourself.

Okay fair do's. Just thought it would be nice to have an option to save your fave newgens.

I agree that it would be a neat feature, but as others have said it's already doable with the in-game editor, although I'd understand why you wouldn't want to go through the hassle of it.

I see the cheat police are out in force again.

I see people still can't be bothered with reading through the full thread before posting their nonsense.

I see people still can't be bothered with reading through the full thread before posting their nonsense.

It was an interesting discussion up until post 12.

The guy just wants to extend the life of some of his favourite newgens. Don't we all? It doesn't affect anyone else's saves so I'm not even sure why the discussion would turn to what is cheating and what isn't.

EDIT - I retract, I need glasses :cool:

It was an interesting discussion up until post 12.

The guy just wants to extend the life of some of his favourite newgens. Don't we all? It doesn't affect anyone else's saves so I'm not even sure why the discussion would turn to what is cheating and what isn't.

Yup that is what I was trying to get at. Sometimes you get bored of a save but you have grown fond of a newgen. Would be nice to be able to quickly export him and use him again. Im sure wonderkids would appear anyway so it wouldnt unbalance the DB.

did i read that correctly ? purchase the in-game editor ? what ?

i stopped playing fm13 because i felt it was the worst, so i play fm12, and i love having a bit of fun using the fm-editor, putting the big 4 in the conference, making the WPL a league of all the best teams in the world, and now their charging people for it ?

did i read that correctly ? purchase the in-game editor ? what ?

i stopped playing fm13 because i felt it was the worst, so i play fm12, and i love having a bit of fun using the fm-editor, putting the big 4 in the conference, making the WPL a league of all the best teams in the world, and now their charging people for it ?

No no no! That's the PRE-GAME editor and is still free to downlaod from Steam once you've purchased the game. This new feature is an IN-GAME editor, allowing you to make changes as you play your save-game.

I tried this in FM13. Had one of those really rare potential world beater regens at non-league and he became a super star for the club. Tried to add him to my Utd squad in a new game after a few months break but he didn't turn out the same, probably because he didn't play as much.

At the end of the day you spend £30+ on the game, if doing this helps you enjoy it then good luck to you I say.

(Also be warned, he might not be the same player lol)

I tried this in FM13. Had one of those really rare potential world beater regens at non-league and he became a super star for the club. Tried to add him to my Utd squad in a new game after a few months break but he didn't turn out the same, probably because he didn't play as much.

(Also be warned, he might not be the same player lol)

And if it's a database added at the start of the game, there's so much that can change, based on the level of coaching, the level of play, what position the player is playing, number of games played a season, injuries - even with a set Potential Ability (and not a randomized one), they may never consistently reach that potential.

Archived