Insert Interesting Name Here - Tomtuck's Second FM Career Adventure

tomtuck01

Introduction

First things first, feel free to follow me on Twitter @tomtuck01, as I'll probably post bits and pieces on there. Be warned though, it is also a personal account so it won't just be FM stuff being posted up on there!

------------------------------------------------

Well I am back in this section of the forum again to start a new thread and a neew adventure for Football Manager 2014. Some of you may remember my Football Manager 2012 Save, but an attempted one-club save for Football Manager 2013 died on its bottom for various reasons. Those being that I jumped into it too quickly upon finishing my FM12 save, and then when I went back to it in March time it wouldn't reload. There were also a few issues in the old personal life, but you appreciate why I won't be going into those.

Anywho, I'm here now and I'm really looking forward to this. My save on FM12 was highly enjoyable, and having read it back recently the fire in my belly was ignited and excitement engulfed me ahead of the release of FM14.

Enough waffle now, down to business.

Countries/Leagues

(The lowest league available is listed next to the country)

Brazil - Serie B

England - League 2

China - Chinese Super League (CSL)

Germany - 3. Liga

Italy - Serie B

Portugal - Liga Revolução (Or Segunga Division, to those not clued up on Sponsorship)

Spain - Liga Adelante

Ukraine - Persha Liha

USA - MLS

For my save I have used a Large Database, and around about 53,000 players have been loaded.

As you can see not loads of countries/leagues loaded - this is due to me having the same laptop as a couple of years ago and it not being the best! However I anticipate it will be more than enough for a good save. And with the Add/Remove League feature, I can tailor the save to my liking anytime I want.

Aims And Ambitions

I don't have a big long list of aims and ambitions, I just want to have fun. There is one ambition though; win the World Cup.

I hope those of you that follow this enjoy the journey.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than starting as myself, I have decided to go down the foreign root; Bruno Gama, a 32 year old Portuguese national. I am a fomer semi-professional player, (decided to go with this rather than Sunday League as I don't think I'd have got a job with leagues I have loaded had I gone with it!), and no favourite team to affect my job prospects.

First thing to do was to look at the list of available jobs. I then headed off on holiday, intructing my PA to apply for all club jobs that are/become available, and to get in touch when I get a job offer/invited an interview.

Good luck dude :).
Good luck and enjoy. Followed.

Thanks chaps.

Sorry about the delay after posting this up, had a wee bug regaridng getting offered/not offered a job after an interview. (Waited three weeks and they had yet to approach me or gicve the job to someone else!). Thankfully, I saved just before the interview, and after clearing the game cache, the issue is resolved.

And I have good news on the horizon.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - New Club - Bukovyna

Full Name: Football Sports Club Bukovyna Chernivtsi

Nickname: Galben-negrii (Yellow-Blacks)

Year Founded: 1952

Stadium: Bukovyna Stadium (12,000 capacity, all standing)

Slight thing in game - the club colours are just plain white, (should be yellow/black). Bit of balls up there, but nevermind.

CareerSaveJune2013-BukovnyaBackground_zps2729b1c9.png

A modest club, which means there's room to take them forward. I'm excited by the possibilities at this small club, there's plenty of room to improve things, but it'll take time.

Finances And Squad

CareerSaveJune2013-BukovnyaFinancesWhenJoin_zps4b9ae19e.png

Not in a good way, and not projected to get much better. Selling players to keep afloat will almost certainly be needed.

CareerSaveJune2013-BukovnyaSquadWhenJoin_zps65d6a6cb.png

Some very sound players here, but I fear a few of them will need to be sold for the good of the club.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Season Preview - 2013/14 - Bukovyna

Board Expectations

Persha Liha - Midtable

Kubok Ukraini - Reach second round

Personal Expectations

Persha Liha - Can't disagree with what the board say here

Kubok Ukraini - Not too fussed, might be good for finances to do well though

Budgets

Transfer: £0

Wages: £6,260 p/w (Currently spending £6,260)

Balance: -£3,617

Err yeah, not good here and no room to manouvere with the club already using the whole its wage budget. Time to crack on - this could be fun!

I'm in the same boat. The club I've taken on have no transfer budget, at their wage limit and losing money each month. I need a cup run or to drop players to stay afloat.

Worst part is that absolutely no one is interested in the players I'm wanting to offload. Please, someone, just take them!! :D

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing this thread progress and really hope to see you in the MLS someday!

MLS? Maybe, just maybe........

Really hope so, I wish I'd stayed there longer on my FM13 save. Building a squad there was probably the most fun I've had with transfers and wheeling and dealing :)

The transfer aspect in the MLS is something that intrigues and concrens all in one.

Worst part is that absolutely no one is interested in the players I'm wanting to offload. Please, someone, just take them!! :D
Been there. Trouble is you transfer list them and they get unhappy. You then need them because of a small squad. Can never win. I've taken to cancelling contracts and bringing in free transfers that are ever so slightly better.

Been there. Trouble is you transfer list them and they get unhappy. You then need them because of a small squad. Can never win. I've taken to cancelling contracts and bringing in free transfers that are ever so slightly better.

It's either that or soldier on with what I've got!

Good luck in Ukraine man.

Thanking you indeed.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - Preseason 2013/14 - Bukovyna

Transfers

CareerSave-BukovynaTransfers-Summer2013_zps7bbb46fc.png

Not much activity in or out. The two players who left given mutual termination due to being rubbish and high-ish earners. Here are those that came in to the club;

Taras Petrivs'kyi

A solid centreback for this level, even if his "Natural" position is at rightback. Definitely a first choice at CB.

Sergiy Danylovskyi

He's tremendous for this level, and has lovely rounded mental attributes. Was signed after the start of the season, but will go straight in alongside Taras Petrivs'kyi.

Preseason Friedlies

CareerSave-BukovynaPreseason2013_zps740f31d6.png

Some decent performances in preseason, but you can see why I brought in a couple of CB's - we just couldn't keep a cleansheet, even against the naff teams we beat in the final three games. Was encouraed by the game against Ukrainian Premier League side Vorskla - we may have conceded four, but we managed to score four against a far superior defense than we will play against all season.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - July 2013 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-July2013_zpsdd755bac.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-July2013_zpsea5218db.png

Well we opened up with two defeats, but both came against teams who are likely to be pushing for promotion come the end of the season. The game was tight against Gelios, but their class just abiut came through. We had a disaster against Stal Alchevsk, who gave us a good going over early on and lead 3-0 after 26mins. We then had a man sent off before the break, be we battled well in the second half and may have got a point on another then. We followed the two opening defeats up wth four points and two cleansheets from our next two to leave us tenth in the table after for games. With a meda prediction of 13th, that'd do me.

Kubok Ukraini - 1st Round

CareerSave-BukovynaCupFixtures-July2013_zpsb8912c24.png

A crazy game. The lower league side gave us a bit of a pounding in the opening hour and led us 3-2 at one stage. However, our superior fitness helped us out in the late stages, and after equalising on that hour mark, we banged three home late on to give us a very flattering victory. A disappointment came afterwards when I found out there was no prize money for progressing in the cup!

In the second round we were drawn at home against Metalurg Zaporozhye of the Premyer-Liha. A big test.

Not a bad start at all, hopefully the last three results will see you gain a bit of form and morale!

On a side note the club badge is pretty nice.

Bit disappointed that we let in three against some Tom Noddy side though! :D

And yes, I like the badge too. Pity in game the team colours aren't what they should be. White is a bit dull!

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - August 2013 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Aug2013_zps8f3baf1e.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Aug2013_zps4a0609a3.png

A very good month for us, as we lost just one of seven games to finish the month up in fifth place. We started with a decent win, but it should have been much better. 2-0 up, then 3-1, and we let them back into it to give us a nervy end, but we held on. We then managed another 0-0 away draw, before taking Poltava apart early on to secure a comfortable 3-0 win. A late draw was secured against Olexandriya, before another comfortable home win agaisnt Sumy. We then lost for the first time in eight games against relegation fodder Naftovyk-Ukrnafta in what was a dire performance, but we bounced back, kind of, with a scrappy 1-0 win against another relegation threatened side.

All in all a good month, but we could do with picking up a win or two away from home if we want to push on.

I'll be following this career, good luck Tom :)

Why thank you kind sir.

Cracking month :thup:.

At home it was! It seems that is going to be the decsive factor for us during this campaign. Away from home is a bit more of a struggle.

Good luck. Not a bad August for you there :)

Cheers. Just over a third of the way in and I'm pleasently surprised with how we're doing.

Bukovyna_2010.png

Bruno Gama's Management Career - September 2013 - Bukovyna

Persha Liha

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeFixtures-Sept2013_zps490819ba.png

CareerSave-BukovynaLgeTable-Sept2013_zps6957ddbf.png

Well three wins out of four is not bad at all, and we're now up to second, although there are four teams all on 27pts. The month started with a defeat at Desna Chernigiv, who are the time were ahead of us in the table by a point. Fair enough, they outclassed us. However we bounced back in style, winning three in a row, including a last minute winner against Tytan Armyansk, a lovely 4-0 away win, (yep, and away win!), and then a convincing 3-1 victory over Mykolaiv, who prior to the game were three points ahead of us in the league. It was a massive win that sent us up to second place!

Next up in the league is top of the table Gelios, and what a big game that is!

Kubok Ukraini - 2nd Round

CareerSave-BukovynaCupFixtures-Sept2013_zpsfb0a8c0b.png

Well it looks like we gave it our all, and we did, but this simple screenshot doesn't even begin to tell the story. We got a bit of a pasting early on, but we stood firm to take th lead in first half stoppage time. We then went 2-0 up just five minutes into the second half and we were in dreamland! But just after the hour mark we had a man sent off, and from the resulting freekick they got one back. We crumbled from there really, and their superior fitness and ability told.

Still, it was a decent effort. However, Id rather have just been thumped than do so well for an hour and still lose.

Nice going in the league! I though the top two were going to pull away from your side. It's extremely close up there at the moment, good luck!

It's ridiuclously close! Fortunately we get two big games out the way next against Gelios and then Stal Alchevsk, then have a run of very winnable games.

Archived