In-Game Editor

With the release of Football Manager 2014 just around the corner we thought we’d give you a bit more information about the brand new In Game Editor which will be available to download on release day for £3.99/€4.49/$5.49/RBL129/BRL10.49. The In-Game Editor allows you to edit information while you are playing and can be used in Career Mode whether you’re starting a new game or loading up a saved one and without breaking the game. The In-Game Editor is not available in FMC as we felt that it doesn’t fit in with the philosophy of that mode.

As soon as the In-Game Editor is unlocked, you’ll see it added to the toolbar in the form of a spanner icon and clicking on that will give you a dropdown menu of all the options available for editing the page you’re currently viewing. You can use the In-Game Editor to change a range of information relating to players, staff and clubs.

to8a.png

When it comes to players, you can start editing as soon as you click on a player’s profile. By clicking ‘Start editing’ you can edit almost all of the information on their profile screen from their visible attributes to contract details and morale. You can also change the player’s reputation, position, preferred moves, personal details and hidden attributes, including their current and potential ability – so if you want to turn all the players in your lower league side into world class footballers, you can. It is worth sticking close to the recommended current ability figure once you’ve finished editing as that will ensure that their attributes are balanced.

c9q1.png

You can even change their date of birth so if your favourite player is approaching retirement you’ll be able to make him young again and extend his career. There’s also the option to remove any injuries, bans or unhappiness that a player has.

There are similar options available when editing a staff member’s profile as well as the option to change their preferred staff role. You can, of course, make these changes to your own profile too.

t072.png

You can use the In-Game Editor to make instant transfers too, so if you want to add a world class player or two to your team all you have to do is go to his profile and click ‘Move to my club’ on the In Game Editor dropdown menu. It’s also possible to transfer players out of your team by clicking ‘Move to other club’.

qz7i.png

When editing a club’s information you are able to change their reputation, attendance levels, their stadium and training facilities, tactical attributes and those all-important finances – meaning that, yes, you can give yourself a Sugar Daddy and a gigantic transfer budget.

44ak.png

The In-Game Editor lets you tailor the gameworld to suit you. Struggling with a team that is expecting promotion? Then you can simply boost your players’ stats up. Similarly, if you’re managing a team that is consistently dominating the domestic league, the in-game editor lets you add as much of an extra challenge to the game as you want. The In-Game Editor opens up a wealth of new possibilities right from the day of release and adds even more longevity to your saved games, we hope you enjoy using it. We're interested to know what other things you'd like to be able to do with the in game editor as if we like an idea enough, we'll add extra functionality to it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we pruchase it? Via the in game store from the start menu?

Also, what if I have game on both a desktop and a laptop, does the purchase sync via steam, or will both installations need seperate purchases of the IGE?

This looks great, for both people wanting to cheat and also wanting to tinker.

It'd be great if you could edit team strip colours/styles too - is this possible? Its probably the only real thing I'd want to do. 5 or 6 seasons in, it'd be nice to have a new away kit :)

Nothing wrong with the in-game editor (personally speaking) for a second save game. The guilt of editing anything in my main save game will leave me feeling empty inside.

Have to say though, kudos to SI for giving us the option of having having this built into the game.

Can we change Jersey designs and colours, always mess around with this with FMRTE at the beginning of future seasons, I find it adds to the games i play.

The only thing I ever used FMRTE for. I like to alter the away kits and subtly change the home ones.

This looks great, for both people wanting to cheat and also wanting to tinker.

It'd be great if you could edit team strip colours/styles too - is this possible? Its probably the only real thing I'd want to do. 5 or 6 seasons in, it'd be nice to have a new away kit :)

Definitely agree with this! Would be a fantastic idea to be able to change kits!

• Administrators
This may be me being incredibly stupid, but has the in-game editor replaced the more conventional Football Manager editor, the one where you have to make a new save for your changes to take effect and isn't 'in-game'?

If so, I'm disappointed. If not, I'm delighted.

No, they both exist as separate entities.

This may be me being incredibly stupid, but has the in-game editor replaced the more conventional Football Manager editor, the one where you have to make a new save for your changes to take effect and isn't 'in-game'?

If so, I'm disappointed. If not, I'm delighted.

No the pre game editor still comes for free, you can download it via STEAM when the game releases at midnight. This in game editor is just a complimentary tool, to use in game.

No, they both exist as separate entities.
No the pre game editor still comes for free, you can download it via STEAM when the game releases at midnight. This in game editor is just a complimentary tool, to use in game.

Wehey! Thanks for the replies. While I'm here, I'm not the biggest fan of 'in-game' editors, but it looks very good. Simple, clear-cut and, presumably, very effective. Well done, SI. *that's not meant to sound condescending*

What about the option to modify the contract and status of the players, like transfer listed, unhappy, listed by request, or the price asked for him, or the contract end date and wages?

Will it be possible to show the CA/PA like an overlay?

Would it be possible to add an option for adjusting foreign player rules for a league?

As an example Turkish Football Federation changes the foreign player rules every single year and there is an ongoing court case where players with EU passport might play as non-foreign players. The only way to circumvent this issue is creating a new league from scratch in the editor, it would be great if we could just tweak the existing rule from the in game editor.

• SI Staff
Would it be possible to add an option for adjusting foreign player rules for a league?

As an example Turkish Football Federation changes the foreign player rules every single year and there is an ongoing court case where players with EU passport might play as non-foreign players. The only way to circumvent this issue is creating a new league from scratch in the editor, it would be great if we could just tweak the existing rule from the in game editor.

With the pre-game editor it is now possible to change rules without having to create a whole new competition.

So unbelievably cool! Will definitely be purchasing this and it sounds well worth the cost. Happy to pay for well thought-out efforts. Thanks for this, SI! So cool that you cater to us "modders" (or cheaters); one of the many things that makes your company and game so incredible. I am just ecstatic and can't wait until tomorrow!

• SI Staff
What about the option to modify the contract and status of the players, like transfer listed, unhappy, listed by request, or the price asked for him, or the contract end date and wages?

You can remove unhappinesses. And edit his reputation, which would increase the asking price. Wages & contract end date too.

I always liked tinkering with the relationships between players, clubs etc. It always felt more real when you engineered ill feeling between players and clubs, and then signed them the following transfer window!

That and editing Kits would be great. Fancying a change of style after a few years is always good fun. Also renaming stadiums is great, for when you finally get that big move to "[ClubName] Stadium", which is a bit of a let down...

Can functionality be added to disable the IGE for particular saves?

Are there any direct, or roundabout, ways to show that you have not accessed (not necessarily edited anything, but even just accessing and checking everyones PA) the IGE in a save?

Above it was asked if it removed you from the leaderboards for example.

I will no doubt use the IGE for an experiment I plan to run and post about, but I would also like to show that I have not accessed it in my main save which I document along with others in the Challenges forum.

Looks like I'll still be relying on fm scout genie then :(

The ability to search the entire database including ca/pa is the biggest thing for me. Particularly helpful when searching staff. Also reduces the need for scouts.

Does the IGE not have this feature?

Archived