All-time Clubs Top 10 Players League App/Goalscorer, please SI, asking for over 6 years now...

Its not hard to implement, breaking player records is great, especially in longterm games, nothing better than having your regen getting 400 league apps for the club and (lets say) breaking into top 10 of all time, not to mention getting 600 and becoming number one.

Same with goalscorers. I want to be able to see thse top 10 players with most apps for the club on one screen, so when im in 2040 i can still cherish on people who no longer play football,as well as with my own youth breaking in. it ads depth and connects to "reality".

Many people are asking for this for years now. tbh its THE ONLY feature im missing in FM at least for 2-3 years now, every year i check the demo and feel extremely disappointed. You do have it in the count for the previews of the matches and stuff, jsut please put it in club player records. In every tv game were watching , commentators are giving us this "player x scored his xxx league goal for the club, making himself nr 4 in clubs history". I know we have this pre and psot match, but we CANT check it jsut like that to see whats the current top 10 standings.

Once You do it , you will have another longtime player (since '93) happy. I really hope You can, maybe yo ucan also respond in this thread saying you did read it.

Thanks

• Administrators

We read it. To keep historical data in the game like this would be demanding (I'm not sure how demanding) plus it would be quite a task for the researchers to compile these records at the start of the game. But yeah, I can see how it'd make a nice feature.

Thanks Neil, really appreciate your answer.

I hope You can find a solution that will make it happen someday, i know it would make my day for sure.

top level league clubs research fro this shouldnt be a problem (1-3 tier), for other maybe jsut a script browsing through player and stuff carrer stats wher yo ualready have all teh data needed to crete such op 10. think even if it will miss some history players who are not in the DB, its stil lbetter than nothing, or maybe Editor option for people to be able edit the history on their own.

maybe soem compromise, triggering it only while picking a club and making it availabl as option only for teh club youre managing. for me personally(ie.) that would pretty much be awesome, i dont have to have it in every team, as long as i can trace my own clubs history :)

I've asked for this before. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't an all-time list and would settle for a list since the start of your FM game. Also, it would be nice to show more than one name/team when there is a tie. Surely that can't be too hard to do?

I've asked for this before. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't an all-time list and would settle for a list since the start of your FM game. Also, it would be nice to show more than one name/team when there is a tie. Surely that can't be too hard to do?

Hi Kenco, nice suggestions there, 100% agree.

this would be awesome..but i will be extremly satisfied if you dont have historical data,just if you keep records of players since we start the game..

that is really really easy to make and would look awesome..

also it would be really good if you make that for competitions..best 10 goalscorers of each competitions etc...

I've wanted to see this for years. I can appreciate that it would take a lot of time to implement but the game has been going for many years now so i would have thought this could have been added to the game by now. Even if as others say it was just player records since our game begins.

Totally agree. What goes on before you hit start new game is pretty much irrelevant anyway. Can't understand why this hasn't been included before.

We read it. To keep historical data in the game like this would be demanding (I'm not sure how demanding) plus it would be quite a task for the researchers to compile these records at the start of the game. But yeah, I can see how it'd make a nice feature.

It's already kept, it's merely a matter of displaying it.

Researchers are supposed to research, so I don't see a problem with that.

No one is expecting to have all the info for all the clubs, but it's nice to have some.

It's already kept, it's merely a matter of displaying it.

Researchers are supposed to research, so I don't see a problem with that.

No one is expecting to have all the info for all the clubs, but it's nice to have some.

The problem is that its incredibly time consuming, and researchers don't do this for a living, they have jobs outside this.

Even if top 10 is too much I'd love a few extra stats in records like: most overall appearances for club (not just league); most overall goals; most european appearances and most european goals.

These stats would add to the enjoyment of my game and all would be already known by 90 per cent of clubs. All it would take would be a call or two from researcher for next year. Nobody expects them to dust off cobweb records for this. Most clubs already have these.

Even if top 10 is too much I'd love a few extra stats in records like: most overall appearances for club (not just league); most overall goals; most european appearances and most european goals.

These stats would add to the enjoyment of my game and all would be already known by 90 per cent of clubs. All it would take would be a call or two from researcher for next year. Nobody expects them to dust off cobweb records for this. Most clubs already have these.

indeed. for majority of clubs you can actually jsut google it tbh. for smaller clubs less data is no problem i guess, plus if you could edit it with the editor, every supporter of smaller clubs is able to add it for his fav club and enjoy it in his game.

indeed. for majority of clubs you can actually jsut google it tbh. for smaller clubs less data is no problem i guess, plus if you could edit it with the editor, every supporter of smaller clubs is able to add it for his fav club and enjoy it in his game.

It's not just calling up, its verifying, compiling and updating all this, as well as the other research stuff they do anyway (not including their actual lives). And that's not even looking at it from technical side. It would be a great feature for sure, but there is a lot more work to it than you realise

Good suggestion by the OP. It's something I keep track of within my own squad, but at the end of the day it is very time consuming.

Another suggestion I'd like to make is to keep a record of total CL goals per player, just like in real life. I think this would add a lot to the game world.

It's not just calling up, its verifying, compiling and updating all this, as well as the other research stuff they do anyway (not including their actual lives). And that's not even looking at it from technical side. It would be a great feature for sure, but there is a lot more work to it than you realise

it aall depends on the way SI could approach this for a start. Things like all time 10 top Premiershiip goalscorers is like , ESSENTIAL to have in a game that suppose to be the best simulation out there :)

anyways, i really hope SI can start work on this, coz its one of the few features/things that actually adds to the depth of simulation and "recreating" the world and the feeling of it being "real", and that every little creature in this fake world can actually make an impact, wether its a national side or jsut a club in league 2. Even average player can become a hero in the game and leave his mark for years.

• 1 year later...
I might be wrong, but it does seem different this year.

It seems to list it like this...

Most League Appearances For Club

Thanks for reply Mike

yeh but this is how its alwasy been.

you also have a history page for the club where yo uhave top league goalscorer and top league apps player (all time) and this is what im looking for to be enhanced to top 5/10 etc

so that more of our team stars get to be a part of the club history, lets say after 30 years yo ucan jsut see the list of top 10 players who played the most games in the league for your club.

thats what would make the game fun for me again, bring my own youth to be club legends BUT to be actually noted somewhere not just per season but overall, so that i could check that player xxx played 450 league games and is nr 6 player of all time for the club etc.

Yeah an overall 10 would be better for sure, but you can still see from that list who ended on what appearances. If I was in the year 2030 and looked back to 2014/2015, I can tell that Michael Carrick made 256 appearances for the club in total.

yeh but only bcoz he was the top one at that time :)

if yo uwould have a player who in the same season had 250 apps for the club and he would not play next season, he would be totally forgotten :)

I'd quite like this as well, plus then to be able to break it down into leagues and cup competitions. You could then know who your all-time record Champions League scorer is, or who has scored most goals for you in the Championship, or even then also split into League/Cup/Continental, like the season stats are already.

Would be a really good feature.

As said above you could start with the top 5 or 10 historical record appearance holders and the top 5 or 10 historical record goalscorers for each club then watch your FM players try to break records.

A lot of the info is on wiki i.e. AC Milan; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A.C._Milan_records_and_statistics

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

The same reasoning applies to an extent. The amount of extra work for the researchers and the amount of memory added to the game doesn't make this immediately viable, but that doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Thanks.

thanks for teh reply.

well, for a start, yo ucould at least try to implement it from day 1 of the game. Better than nothing :)

also, its not really that much of a research to be done tbh, at least not for the teams in major 2/3 leagues in each country

• 10 months later...

I'm curious as to why we can't have a top five NOT using historical data. We understand the researches are too busy to get historical records for all clubs. 

What I'm gathering is if you go to the club records page and check for top goalscorer, change this from 1 to 5 would use too much memory for the game to still be playable. I'm struggling with that. 

Archived