Regional Database Thread 2014

nine_iron

Welcome to the 2014 Regional Databases Thread

Back for another year folks!

This is a place where all those who create or enjoy databases for counties, provinces or any other local regions can get together and discuss issues, challenges and solutions. Last year we lost a good few months to a big issue, lets hope that does not happen this year, as a growing community with ever increasing exposure we can make this the best year yet!

So a bit about this thread, it bring projects such as these together under one title as they quite often have common discussion topics, which that are unique to them. Often issues that may not be encountered in full fantasy, historical, nation or extended nation databases.

So guys get discussing your plans, ideas and suggestions!

To get a download or WIP thread mentioned here just PM me with the details.

Release database threads- Threads for completed or updated databases

The French Alps- RELEASED by jimbowmanuk (first :) )

Wessex by ShanghaiNugget

Lincs & Humber 2014 by nine_iron

WIP threads- All threads for discussion of specific databases that are currently being made

Requiring Beta Testers- Please contact respective database editors by PM

- none

Regional database specific threads- Useful threads that have questions, answers and discussions that are unique to regional databases

- none

IMPORTANT NEWS:! - Last updated 25/05/2014

Apologies for the long absence this year, life has been a bit crazy!

If anyone with more time wants to run this sub community next year please speak to Michael Foster (MichaelF)

Lastly I would like to thank Michael Foster for helping organise this part of the forum for the last few years, I also wish all regional database creators and players the best of luck this year in all your endeavours.

Please continue reading the next two posts below for video and written guides on how to create Regional Databases.

[Pending release of editor]

Nine_iron, are you going to put up all your guides again? I can add some stuff to the guides. I worked out how to get a country into Africa, continental club competitions and internationals in FM 13. Also, there's a great new time saving feature called region of birth in players, we could do with a region of club feature as well, but there's always next year.

I'm thinking of doing a midlands database, but naming it Mercia. However, any difference in territory won't happen, since I can't work it out, and it's easier not to play around with cities or regions. However, there are some areas I can find that I'm thinking of moving around, if I can work out exact areas.

I'm doing a north west region with all the big Lanchashire power houses from the pre boundary change era such as Man utd, Liverpool, Everton, Man City etc all in the same league system, as well as a Lancashire nation. I've thrown in all of cumbria and Cheshire for good measure. It's working ok in testing. All 4 divisions of 16 clubs along with a lower league feeder (unplayable) of a further 18 clubs is working fine. I had a problem with the cup (schoolboy error - don't ask) but I think I've fixed that and I am testing as we speak.

The problem area is England. I restructured the leagues to fill up 5 Divisions and added a football conference division 2 (one league not north and south), and deleted all regional leagues. I made a separate edit with advanced rules changed to allow for England to have only 5 active leagues. When loaded in isolation this works fine. However, if i merge the two on FM editor, England is unplayable due to teams missing from tiers 6 downwards. If I merge them by custom loading the English rules and the Lancashire database the same thing happens - England is unplayable.

Has anyone got any suggestions as I'm completely at my wits end here and have put so much time into this.

My database seems to be working but the Europa League doesn't seem to be working properly. I'm not sure if it's a bug with saving history, the fact I'm holidaying and they do have a competition on when I check back regularly, or something else all together.

EDIT: Checked back the next season and I'm sure it's a history thing.

EDIT 2: Zero coefficients doesn't knock a nation out of Europe. I may need to change a nation to another continent, I think one that is on Asia, because I've heard there is a spot in their international competitions. Or maybe Gibraltar to Africa but that could be more challenging. I'm testing out Kazakhstan in Asia now.

The move of Kazakhstan to Asia seems to have done the trick, it just needs a little more stability testing. Then, I'm not sure what to do with it. There will be more small improvements, features and tweaks I'll have to make but I think everthing major is done, for now.

The move of Kazakhstan to Asia seems to have done the trick, it just needs a little more stability testing. Then, I'm not sure what to do with it. There will be more small improvements, features and tweaks I'll have to make but I think everthing major is done, for now.

Good spot might just change them on my French Alps database before testing so it doesn't hit a snag.

I have opted to do a regional database for the French Alps taking the two regions of France, Provence-Alpes-Azur and Rhone-Alps. Although I still have to do a bit of tweaking with reputation and other small things here are a couple of screenshots to whet your appetitie

TOP DIVISION

9bC8Zik.png

INTERNATIONAL SQUAD

dirRdGW.png

Quite a tasty looking National team

I will start a thread shortly and get it linked to the top

Very close to a release, I think. And your database looks great, jimbowman. When will you put your guides up nine_iron? Also, what do you think of me making an international tournament, called the Home Nations. I put in the UK, my regional database and the Republic of Ireland.

When will you put your guides up nine_iron?
Just making sure there are not too many differences, currently don't have internet at home so struggling to keep up to date! I might have to re-write my testing guides when I get a handle on how the in game tester works.

I also need everyone's tips and hints on getting a nation into Europe, what co-efficients need changing to what? Does Malta affect additional of a national team to Europe?

I try and put what we learn and what is written here into my guides. I expect to have them up in about a week.

Just making sure there are not too many differences, currently don't have internet at home so struggling to keep up to date! I might have to re-write my testing guides when I get a handle on how the in game tester works.

I also need everyone's tips and hints on getting a nation into Europe, what co-efficients need changing to what? Does Malta affect additional of a national team to Europe?

I try and put what we learn and what is written here into my guides. I expect to have them up in about a week.

Do you mean Gibralter?

Also I used gogogo golem,s tip and moved Kazakhstan to Asia, so created European Nations fill in their spot in World Cup Qualifying. I set my Co-efficiets to 0.2 and there has been no problems with the Euro Comps so far with testing.

Do you mean Gibralter?

Yup, sorry, at least you knew what I meant :)

I have noticed that like last years FM you still cant select the regional nationality for your managers profile

Aww not good! Is this fixed by using a nation other than CIS though? I would assume it would be the same for any pre-1922 Ireland builds too.

I think all levels of coefficients work, depending on nation quality. I think European issues are dealt with by moving Kazakhstan.

That worked for me, think I set it too low though giving 0.2 for each year as after 4 years of testing The French Alps moved from 50th to 7th in the Euro allocation

I'm currently working on my first regional database - Lower Silesian Voivodeship (Polish region). I've replaced Soviet Union to make my new nation and i'm not happy with USSR flag being assinged to my nation. Any ideas how to change it? Obvoiusly, I can make a flag-pack with proper flag, but I'm not sure if it's going to work.

Replacing a flag is easy. If you download my Lincs & Humber FM13 file you can find my nation flag for CIS there, you can use that to help replace your flag.

I have posted in a few threads recently regarding flags, plenty of stuff in the skinning hideout too!

I have chucked up a Yorkshire & Lincolnshire logo pack on the steam workshop if anyone wants to use it. Would be good for anyone doing a Yorkshire nation again.

I encourage anyone with english logos to try and collate them into one super lower league mega pack, would be great for anyone playing expanded English leagues!

I have also done two club roster updates for the Toolstation NCEL Div 1, just for a bit of fun :)

I will have to try gogogo golem suggestion of Kazakhstan to Asia to place my home made American leagues in Europe (the competition in Europe is more fierce :D ). However I'm not sure how that will affect North America Champions league or International competitions where USA National team participates. Guess I have to try it out once I get home. If it doesn't work I will have to pick USSR, change it to USA and and adding extra minor league to fill USA shoes. Then change the nation flags as Nine_Iron suggests.

I try in swapping nations US with San Marino. I was able to put US teams working in European competitions, but San Marino teams along with National team refused to enter in North American competitions, meaning USA was playing in both North America and European competitions.

I was beginning to wondering I would have to replace an existing nation to host the American leagues.

Ok guys, I'm having strange issue with my database. My league structure contains 3 divisions. 3rd tier splits into 4 groups, 10 teams each. Winner of each group is promoted. After the very first season, one of the group "stops" (always the same group). There's no teams in it no more. The other groups simulates correctly. All 4 groups are made the same, so I don't have any clue what is wrong :/

Well this is the thing. Looking at wiki, not reliable I know it appears that Northampton, Lincoln, Peterborough could be classed as in the East Midlands. Burton also have Derby postcodes as well as the obvious of Nottingham, Derby and Leicester. I think I'll go with that for the time being. Then you obviously have Mansfield. I've moved all people in the East Midlands region to East Midlands nation along with Mansfield, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester. But I'm not sure what smaller areas of the East Midlands have people born there you see. Which means I may have to do some digging unless anyone can help now.

People who weren't born in these regions but have lived in them for most of their lives have been moved as was. The most notable being Will Hughes and Miles Addison.

There's also the added fact that looking at the teams there will be no more than 30 from Nottingham, Derby and Leicester. Then with Mansfield added in as well. So it kind of makes it important for me to include the others as well. I'll also be creating teams.

I need to get the flag done as well and then go from there.

I have also created a new nation, Brittany : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/374103-FM14-Brittany-as-an-independent-nation

Thanks to Etxeberria, from FM-Serbia and Anthony44300 from footmanager.net, who inspired me in 2012. Thanks also to Loriot from footmanager.net for the logos.

Here are the links :

- the data update : http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4ddknh7rbh8nxl/Bretagne+1.1+bis+-+FM+2014%284%29.dbc

- graphics : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3v...n/Bretagne.rar

• 2 weeks later...
I'm creating a New South Wales regional database by modifying Northern Marianas. How do I change the flag?

Glad someone is doing this. I don't have time this year. :( I wouldn't use Northern Marianas unless continental and international competition isn't important to you. Asia is very finiky about it.

You have to go here (the editor must be closed) : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2014 Editor\data\format\database

There is a file called "nation". Open it and find this :

<!-- Continent -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Ncti" />

<translation id="name" translation_id="229389" type="use" value="Continent" />

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />

<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent" />

<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />

Then you have to change the line in bold like this :

<!-- Continent -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="Ncti" />

<translation id="name" translation_id="229389" type="use" value="Continent" />

<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id" />

<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent" />

<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false" />

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true" />

Save the file, and then open the editor : normally, you will able to change or to set the nation's continent.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Huh weird, what happened to my "won't be around for a while" post?

Apologies for just dropping off the face of the earth, life went a little crazy and work even more so. My project really took off and I have just been working, eating and sleeping!

Thinks are finally looking like calming down so might actually get back on here.

Who knows what the future holds but if anyone wants to take over this or start a new thread feel free, I have enjoyed keeping regional databases up and running for the past few (I forget how many) years but all things must come to an end...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a bit of a thread resurrection, but I'm in the process of creating a Yorkshire database. It's at a stage where I can actually run seasons without issues - leagues and cups seem to work. However, I've got an issue with the reserve and U18 leagues not generating. I've got them set in the league rules, so I'm not sure what's going on. Has anyone else had the same issue and what did you do to fix it?

I have some yorkshire logos up on my steam workshop, might be helpful :)

Also I am currently considering a Lincs & Humber signup, not sure if I should resurrect the Immingham team as I have done in 2008 and more recently the award nominated one in 2012.

I'm using the Yorkshire logos in my game, but I'm dreadful at image editing so that's one part of the update that I haven't really touched yet - at the moment the Yorkshire nation logo is the default continent of Europe.

When you've made custom leagues, have you ever had an issue with the reserve and U18 leagues not appearing for a couple of seasons?

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about resurrecting my north-east regional league but i have a question with Gibraltar taking the 54th spot in Europe is there room for my nation internationally and Euro comps ??

Archived