FM14 - Too easy to sign players in the first window, unrealistic transfers in general

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I did a search but couldn't find a thread.

Basically I've noticed a lot of big clubs selling some of their best players for pretty low fees, and in some cases selling players who they've only just signed the same summer irl.

For instance you can sign Thiago from Bayern for roughly the same fee they bought him from Barca the same window, they'll also sell you Alaba, one of the best left backs in the world right now for little over 20m. On my Manchester United save I've made some signings which I'd have regarded as highly unlikely, such as pinching Verratti from PSG for 12m and Draxler for 23m, after a summer full of reports of Schalke turning down much higher bids.

Of course the transfer system is extremely complicated and the odd unrealistic transfer is inevitable, however this is far too extreme imo.

The selling of Thiago is something which needs looking at. Not for the fee, but because he has signed from Barcelona just this summer so he wouldn't leave that quickly after joining a club. Not sure if it has been raised in the bugs forum for Pre-release Beta, but it might be worth a look.

As an alternative viewpoint to this I've found transfers at Celtic very realistic. Before I would be able to throw £10m at 2 £5m signings and not think twice about it. Now with my £6m budget I am only able to make either one big £4m signing or a couple of players at £2m- this is a very accurate reflection of the current market that Celtic are operating in.

The selling of Thiago is something which needs looking at. Not for the fee, but because he has signed from Barcelona just this summer so he wouldn't leave that quickly after joining a club. Not sure if it has been raised in the bugs forum for Pre-release Beta, but it might be worth a look.

Same problem with Verrati..

and Bale , i saw someone signed him after one season for +- 50milj.

I've seen a few high profile players move to a new club after only just signing in real life, this Summer. Highly unrealistic. I also believed a player could only move on a permanent transfer, once per season. Is this not the case?

Either way, I hope this will be looked at for FM14's official release.

I've seen a few high profile players move to a new club after only just signing in real life, this Summer. Highly unrealistic. I also believed a player could only move on a permanent transfer, once per season. Is this not the case?

Either way, I hope this will be looked at for FM14's official release.

no, they may only play competitive football for two teams on a full contract in 12 months, they can be transferred as many times as possible but would only be allowed to play for two of the clubs who signed them, so for instance Thiago could leave Bayern at the start of the FM game and go to Manchester United and then be snatched up by PSG a few days later, and as long as he didn't play for Bayern or Man U while he was there, he could play for PSG.

Of course, this is massively unrealistic but it is within the rules.

For instance you can sign Thiago from Bayern for roughly the same fee they bought him from Barca the same window

It's excellent that the fee is accurate...but obviously wrong that you can sign him easily after he has just joined the club.

they'll also sell you Alaba, one of the best left backs in the world right now for little over 20m.

A fair price, IRL, I would have thought. Normally FM has the opposite problem where extremely high transfer fees are required for higher-rep clubs to buy up and coming players from lower-rep clubs (which is quite unrealistic).

Guest El Payaso

Signing good players has been too easy for years IMO. I remember my game with Birmingham in FM 2012, got promoted afrer first season and got huge transfer budget for my first season in top flight. Easily built a team that was capable of playing for top-4 spots in the league. In second season in Premier league I was already a candidate for winning both UCL and Premier league. AI teams are not keeping hold of their players enough and players are too willing to chance clubs not to mention the amount of money you are able to get from the board.

Regens are also one part of this. Why are so many talented youngsters so willing to change clubs at so young age and not even to bigger clubs but about same sized clubs or even smaller clubs and why are AI teams so unwilling to keep hold of these great prospects even though they're not even demanding loads of money?

In games like FM 2007 you could be really satisfied if you could find a good player that strenghtens your team now you're able to make huge chances in just a little time and become one of the big clubs in an instant.

New to FM14 and this forum

Can someone explain the changes to making bids for players ? If you bid high when submitting your bid the actual bid received is not as high as you set - is this to do with players set value or limitations on own budget ? I saw this comment in this thread "Now with my £6m budget I am only able to make either one big £4m signing or a couple of players at £2m" how do you know, this where can you see this detail ?

Help please

Strange to see this thread after there were earlier threads complaining about how transfers were overpriced and that Saint-Etienne was demanding like £80m for Kurt Zouma.

I'm wary of going too far in the other direction. I recall in FM12 as Man City I had to spend £66m on Modric whereas IRL he went for half that.

Can someone explain the changes to making bids for players ? If you bid high when submitting your bid the actual bid received is not as high as you set - is this to do with players set value or limitations on own budget ?

I think this is because of a bug affecting the Beta / Demo version of the game which will be fixed when the full game is released.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368509-Low-and-changing-transfer-bids

I think I saw someone mention earlier that they signed Jovetic first transfer window for Chelsea, and on a Celtic save I had a lot of the players recommended by scouts at the beginning had only just joined their new clubs, Jonjo Shelvey and Van Wolfswinkel for example were both recommended in the first window.

OK I'm guessing that what you are saying is because it is still via Steam it does not matter if it is downloaded or DVD version, the only version live is the beta.

You think after tomorrow there will be an automatic update ?

OK I'm guessing that what you are saying is because it is still via Steam it does not matter if it is downloaded or DVD version, the only version live is the beta.

You've got the full game, it just needs patching, which you'll be able to do tomorrow.

What is wrong with Veratti? You could sign him for roughly 12m first season in 13 if he agreed terms plus you could loan him too. Then he gets cheaper in the second season. However, Tiago is very unrealistic. Alaba also went for 23m first season in 13.

Spot on..

at 00:01 tonight (in approx 25 minutes) the game goes live and is released....

Whether there will be a fix for this particular issue isn't known yet but we'll see.

Feel like im in a minority as i've disliked FM's pricing in the market for a few editions now.

I usually end up signing youthful players/new gens but not through purposely trying like most. Just better value in the long run and even the most average players are over priced heavily.

Usually I play journeymen saves so I start low down the ladder and work up with clubs with very limited budgets as it is. Fair enough its easy with the big boys to go out and blow 20 million etc....spending 500k is usually a massive decision for me lol.

My usual transfer tactics are....scout and find the best newgens for value and long term goals, real players who are transfer listed and avaliable at much lower cost, or loan players.

Can someone explain the changes to making bids for players ? If you bid high when submitting your bid the actual bid received is not as high as you set - is this to do with players set value or limitations on own budget ? I saw this comment in this thread "Now with my £6m budget I am only able to make either one big £4m signing or a couple of players at £2m" how do you know, this where can you see this detail ?

Help please

What I guess these people are referring to is that in FM14, unlike in every earlier version of the game, the paid loayalty bonuses and the agent fees are also deducted from the transfer budget.

Thus, with a 6m budget, you cannot spend 6m on transfer fees because then you would have noting left for signing fees and agents.

hth

What is wrong with Veratti? You could sign him for roughly 12m first season in 13 if he agreed terms plus you could loan him too. Then he gets cheaper in the second season. However, Tiago is very unrealistic. Alaba also went for 23m first season in 13.

£12m seems awfully cheap for one of the brightest young creative midfielders in the world. PSG paid like £11m for him and he's played very well so I strongly doubt they'd let him go for such a meager profit. £20-25m seems more reasonable.

Same is true for Alaba. He's 21 years old and Bayern's 1st choice LB, plus he's super versatile and can play other positions. IRL I think it would take at least £30-40m to get Bayern to part with him, maybe even more like £50m.

Archived