Clwb Pêl Droed Caersws

dafuge

hjsd.png

History of the Club

Although founded in the late 19th century, the club enjoyed little if any success until the 1960s when it won the Mid-Wales League in 1959-60, 1960–61, and 1962–63, and appeared in three Welsh Amateur Cup finals, winning the cup in 1960-61. They also won the cup (now renamed the Welsh Intermediate Cup) in 1989. In the league, the team's fortunes waned until they won the title again in 1978, and four more times before they were invited to join the Cymru Alliance in 1990. In 1992 they became founder members of the League of Wales.

Caersws won the League Cup in 2000-01 and 2001–02, and played in the Intertoto Cup, being defeated 3-1 on aggregate by PFC Marek Dupnitsa of Bulgaria.

Club Profile - a team playing in blue with a yellow away kit, there's a sense of déjà vu here.

General Info - we have a rivalry with the current Premier League champions, that could make things interesting.

Manager Profile - I've turned to my Welsh heritage with the full name 'Dai Fuge', I'm also going to be attempting to bring my tactics up to date by switching from my favourite 4-4-2 diamond to a new 4-2-3-1 system.

Facilities - our stadium is a decent size, big enough to compete in the Premier League.

Squad - I'll be looking to bring in a new bunch of players as soon as possible.

Finances - £30k sounds like a decent amount for me to build my first squad.

Game Setup

I've loaded just the Welsh Premier League (there are no lower leagues on the original database), with extra players loaded from each continent to bring the player total up to around 39000.

My Aims

My only aim is to stick around at this club for as long as possible and achieve as much as I possibly can. Hopefully I'll find some milestones to aim for along the way.

As always, I'll be looking to complete my seasons quickly so I'll be keeping my updates concise, reporting on the things that I think are interesting.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm interested to see how you adapt to the new tactic system, daf. You always said your diamond tactic was only good when you had quality players but it certainly wasn't bad. Good luck :thup:

I've half-heartedly tried to adapt to a more modern tactic for a few versions now without success, I'm hoping that this time I will finally make the transition.

I'll probably be playing 4-4-2 within a season :D

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2014/15

As my first season in charge, the job was going to be getting a squad of players together and making them into a team. Avoiding relegation was my only other aim for this season.

League Table - we were poor, but the two teams below us were even worse.

theWord Cup - we did well to get through the first round.

FAW Welsh Cup - another tough away game and another early cup exit.

Transfers - there's no money on this league so it's all about free transfers.

Squad - it has taken me a while to settle the squad down, but I'm getting closer. The new youth products (players with no appearances) look like decent backup.

Finances - this is the story of the season. We could be in big trouble already.

Key Player Profiles:

Christian Doidge - he was the pick of the strikers, although he isn't best suited to my tactics.

Joe Kennedy - our captain and best player.

Jonathan Evans - our best attacking midfielder.

Chris Williams - had a decent season at left back.

Asa Thomas - scored a few goals from out wide, but not really enough.

Career Overview

Season   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15  10th        

Next Season

I think next season is just going to be a case of trying to manage the finances enough to be able to sign or release a few more players. In the rush to build a squad I brought in too many players, some of which were not good enough.

Good luck Dafuge, looks like this is going be tougher to start with but I'm sure you will be Welsh champions soon enough with no promotion through lower divisions needed.

A Welsh one. They're a bit bonkers over there.

and drunk judging by the way they spell things. ;)

Strange expectations. Reckon you can do it daf?

I think it might be down to the quality of the players I've brought in (at the expense of ruining the finances).

We've made a decent start to the new season, so I think we can finish top five. No idea if that will mean EL football though.

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2015/16

Last season we just avoided relegation but managed to build a squad with some potential. because of this the board thought it would be a good idea to aim for Europe.

League Table - this was a massive step up from last season as we qualified for the Europa League. TNS were still untouchable, although we did manage a couple of wins against them.

theWord Cup - TNS were too good for us in the semi final.

FAW Welsh Cup - a bizarre cup run saw us win the cup with wins against five lower league clubs.

Transfers - a smaller number of transfers, but still all free.

Squad - the squad is still too big but the expiring contracts will help us out.

Finances - another loss, although it wasn't quite as bad as expected.

Key Player Profiles:

Max Jenks-Gilbert - our new top scorer.

Joe Kennedy - captain and star defender.

Jaymes Dixon - our creative force in midfield.

Sam Roden - another solid defender.

Christian Doidge - did well with his limited appearances.

Career Overview

2014/15  10th        
2015/16  2nd         Welsh Cup winners

Next Season

The only sensible aim for next season is to close the gap on TNS. European football is a bonus, but I'm expecting it to be short lived.

Caersws - Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League - 2016/17

Last season we finished 2nd which meant we would be making our debut in Europe.

League Table - we were very lucky to take 2nd spot, needing a win away at TNS on the last day with Port Talbot drawing.

theWord Cup - just the one match, a loss to our rivals.

FAW Welsh Cup - TNS once again getting the better of us.

UEFA Europa League - we were battered over the two legs, although it did take two late goals to beat us in the first leg. Next time we need to be better prepared, we need to start pre season earlier to gain fitness before playing these matches.

Transfers - a few more free transfers.

Squad - we are getting closer to a decent squad, but there are still a lot of improvements to be made.

Finances - the European games cleared the debt so hopefully next season we can build on that.

Key Player Profiles:

Max Jenks-Gilbert - top scorer again.

Jonathan Evans - a superb contribution from midfield.

Adrian Pembridge - a youth product from last season who has impressed.

Sam Roden - a solid defender.

Joe Kennedy - captain and leader.

Career Overview

2014/15  10th        
2015/16  2nd         Welsh Cup winners
2016/17  2nd         

Next Season

Much like last season, the aim is to close the gap on TNS although that will be tough as a semi professional club. Hopefully a better European run will give us the finances to do that.

Archived