FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

Welcome to the Manchester United Team Thread!

- Football Manager 2014 -

manchester-united-logo-png1.png

Club Information

Team Name: Manchester United

Nickname: The Red Devils

Founded: 1878, 135 years ago, as Newton Heath LYR F.C.

Chairman: Ed Woodward

Current Manager: David Moyes

Club Captain: Nemanja Vidic

Vice Captain: Patrice Evra

League: Barclays Premier League

Media Prediction: 1st

Fierce Rivals: Liverpool, Manchester City, Leeds United

Other Rivals: Arsenal, Bolton, Chelsea

Legends: Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex Ferguson, Eric Cantona, Bryan Robson, Ryan Giggs, Ducan Edwards, Dennis Law, George Best, Matt Busby

Icons: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Steve Bruce, Gary Neville, Ruud Van Nistelrooij, Peter Schmeichel, David Beckham

Favoured Personnel: Cristiano Ronaldo, Brian McClair, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville

old-trafford.jpg

Old Trafford

Facilities

Corporate Facilities: Top

Training Facilities: Top

Youth Facilities: Top

Club Kits

Manchester-United-Kits-2013-14.jpg

Club Finances

Estimated Value: £1.2B (loan debt: £347M)

Balance: £88.3M

Sponsors: 8 year training ground sponsorship deal at £22.5M per season. Ends 2021, 4 year main kit sponsorship deal at £20M per season. Ends 2014, 5 year general sponsorship deal at £7M per season. Ends 2014, 5 year general sponsorship deal at £5M per season. Ends 2017 and 2 year additional kit sponsorship deal at £11.4M per season. Ends 2014

Budgets

[u]Start of Season Expectations[/u]

Title Challenge:              Transfer Budget: £33.5M		Wage Budget: £2.4M
Winner:                       Transfer Budget: £38.5M          	Wage Budget: £2.6M

History

Manchester United was formed in 1878 as Newton Heath LYR Football Club by the Carriage and Wagon department of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (LYR) depot at Newton Heath. The team initially played games against other departments and rail companies, but on 20 November 1880, they competed in their first recorded match; wearing the colours ofthe railway company – green and gold – they were defeated 6–0 by Bolton Wanderers' reserve team. By 1888, the club had become a founding member of The Combination,a regional football league. Following the league's dissolution after only one season, Newton Heath joined the newly formed Football Alliance, which ran for three seasons before being merged with the Football League. This resulted in the club starting the 1892–93 season in the First Division, by which time it had become independent of the rail company and dropped the "LYR" from its name. After two seasons, the club was relegated to the Second Division.

In January 1902, with debts of £2,670 – equivalent to £250,000 as of 2013 – the club was served with a winding-up order. Captain Harry Stafford found four local businessmen, including John Henry Davies (who became club president), each willing to invest £500 in return for a direct interest in running the club and who subsequently changed the name; on 24 April 1902, Manchester United was officially born. Under Ernest Mangnall, who assumed managerial duties in 1903, the team finished as Second Division runners-up in 1906 and secured promotion to the First Division, which they won in 1908 – the club's first league title. The following season began with victory in the first ever Charity Shield and ended with the club's first FA Cup title. Manchester United won the First Division for the second time in 1911, but at the end of the following season, Mangnall left the club to join Manchester City. In 1922, three years after the resumption of football following the First World War, the club was relegated to the Second Division, where it remained until regaining promotion in1925. Relegated again in 1931, Manchester United became a yo-yo club, achieving its all-time lowest position of 20th place in the Second Division in 1934. Following the death of the club's principal benefactor, J. H. Davies, in October 1927, the club's finances deteriorated to the extent that Manchester United would likely have gone bankrupt had it not been for James W. Gibson, who, in December 1931, invested £2,000 and assumed control of the club. In the 1938–39 season, the last year of football before the Second World War, the

club finished 14th in the First Division.

Busby years (1945–1969)

In October 1945, the impending resumption of football led to the managerial appointment of Matt Busby, who demanded an unprecedented level of control over team selection, player transfers and training sessions. Busby led the team to second-place league finishes in 1947, 1948 and 1949, and to FA Cup victory in 1948. In 1952, the club won the First Division, its first league title for 41 years. With an average age of 22, the media labelled the back-to-back title winning side of 1956 "the Busby Babes", a testament to Busby's faith in his youth players. In 1957, Manchester United became the first English team to compete in the European Cup, despite objections from The Football League, who had denied Chelsea the same opportunity the previous season. En route to the semi-final, which they lost to Real Madrid, the team recorded a 10–0 victory over Belgian champions Anderlecht, which remains the club's biggest victory on record.

The following season, on the way home from a European Cup quarter-final victory against Red Star Belgrade, the aircraft carrying the Manchester United players, officials and journalists crashed while attempting to take off after refuelling in Munich, Germany. The Munich air disaster of 6 February 1958 claimed 23 lives, including those of eight players – Geoff Bent, Roger Byrne, Eddie Colman, Duncan Edwards, Mark Jones, David Pegg, Tommy Taylor and Billy Whelan – and injured several more. Reserve team manager Jimmy Murphy took over as manager while Busby recovered from his injuries and the club's makeshift side reached the FA Cup final, which they lost to Bolton Wanderers. In recognition of the team's tragedy, UEFA invited the club to compete in the 1958–59 European Cup alongside eventual League champions Wolverhampton Wanderers. Despite approval from the FA, the Football League determined that the club should not enter the competition, since it had not qualified. Busby rebuilt the team through the 1960s by signing players such as Denis Law and Pat Crerand, who combined with the next generation of youth players – including George Best – to win the FA Cup in 1963. The following season, they finished second in the league, then won the title in 1965 and 1967. In 1968, Manchester United became the first English (and second British) club to win the European Cup, beating Benfica 4–1 in the final with a team that contained three European Footballers of the Year: Bobby Charlton, Denis Law and George Best.[32] Matt Busby resigned as manager in 1969 and was replaced by

the reserve team coach, former Manchester United player Wilf McGuinness.

Ferguson years (1986–2013)

Alex Ferguson and his assistant Archie Knox arrived from Aberdeen on the day of Atkinson's dismissal, and guided the club to an 11th-place finish in the league. Despite a second place finish in 1987–88, the club was back in 11th place the following season. Reportedly on the verge of being dismissed, victory over Crystal Palace in the 1990 FA Cup Final replay (after a 3–3 draw) saved Ferguson's career. The following season, Manchester United claimed its first Cup Winners' Cup title and competed in the 1991 UEFA Super Cup, beating European Cup holders Red Star Belgrade 1–0 in the final at Old Trafford. A second consecutive League Cup final appearance followed in 1992, in which the team beat Nottingham Forest 1–0 at Wembley. In 1993, the club won its first league title since 1967, and a year later, for the first time since 1957, it won a second consecutive title – alongside the FA Cup – to complete the first "Double" in the club's history.

In the 1998–99 season, Manchester United became the first team to win the Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League – "The Treble" – in the same season. Losing 1–0 going into injury time in the 1999 UEFA Champions League Final, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjær scored late goals to claim a dramatic victory over Bayern Munich, in what is considered one of the greatest comebacks of all time. The club also won the Intercontinental Cup after beating Palmeiras 1–0 in Tokyo. Ferguson was subsequently knighted for his services to football. Manchester United won the league again in the 1999–2000 and 2000–01 seasons. The team finished third in 2001–02, before regaining the title in 2002–03. They won the 2003–04 FA Cup, beating Millwall 3–0 in the final at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. In the 2005–06 season, Manchester United failed to qualify for the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in over a decade, but recovered to secure a second-place league finish and victory over Wigan Athletic in the 2006 Football League Cup Final. The club regained the Premier League in the 2006–07 and 2007–08 seasons, and completed the European double by beating Chelsea 6–5 on penalties in the 2008 UEFA Champions League Final in Moscow's Luzhniki Stadium. Ryan Giggs made a record 759th appearance for the club in this game, overtaking previous record holder Bobby Charlton.In December 2008, the club won the 2008 FIFA Club World Cup and followed this with the 2008–09 Football League Cup, and its third successive Premier League title. That summer, Cristiano Ronaldo was sold to Real Madrid for a world record £80 million. In 2010, Manchester United defeated Aston Villa 2–1 at Wembley to retain the League Cup, its first successful defence of a knockout cup competition. After finishing as runner-up to Chelsea in the 2009–10 season, United achieved a record 19th league title in 2010–11, securing the championship with a 1–1 away draw against Blackburn Rovers on 14 May 2011. After finishing as runner-up to Manchester City in the 2011–12 season, United achieved a record 20th league title in 2012–13, securing the championship with a 3–0 home win against Aston Villa on 22 April 2013.

Achievements

faap.pngcch8.png

Manchester United Squad

GK:- David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos
CB: Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling
RB: Rafael
LB: Patrice Evra, Fabio
CM: Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Marouane Fellaini, Ryan Giggs
RM: Nani, Antonio Valencia
LM: Ashley Young
AMC: Shinji Kagawa, Adnan Januzaj
ST: Robin Van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck

Key Player

Robin Van Persie

rctr.png

Promising Players

Adnan Januzaj

Nick Powell (on loan at wigan)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

1:- David De Gea

13:- Anders Lindegaard

40:- Ben Amos

The goalkeeper position is one you shouldn't have to worry about, the only concern is a backup for David de Gea with question marks on how good a backup either Lindegaard or Amos really are. However when you start the game you shouldn't have to worry too much about it but good back up should provide some competition for De Gea.

Central Defense

12:- Chris Smalling

4:- Phil Jones

5:- Rio Ferdinand

6:- Jonny Evans

15:- Nemanja Vidic

No need to worry about this position either! You have club captain Nemanja Vidic here who should probably be first choice although he is a on the slow side (play a deeper line possibly). For the 2nd starting slot at the minute Ferdinand edges it ahead of Evans for me. Until his (Ferdinand's) stats start to decline, they probably will sooner rather than later. You have absolutely fantastic back up in Evans, Jones and Smalling. They will also be your future defence and they're all british which is a bonus.

Full Backs

2:- Rafael

22:- Fabio

3:- Patrice Evra

So again you're all set at right back with Rafael da Silva there for years, you do need a back up/competition for the right back slot as I personally don't think Varela will cut it. At left back you have the aging vice captain Paddy Evra, he'll be good for a season or two at best and Rafael's twin Fabio backing Evra up. Fabio might make the full back slot his own when Evra goes. But I'd still be inclined to bring in another left back after season 1 or 2.

Centre Midfield

16:- Michael Carrick

31:- Marouane Fellaini

24:- Darren Fletcher

11:- Ryan Giggs

23:- Tom Cleverley

8:- Anderson

Strength in numbers, of the current crop I'd start new signing Fellaini alongside Carrick. I'd look to sell Anderson and maybe even Cleverley, then I'd look to bring in a CM or two especially as Fletcher is out for two to four months with a stomach virus.

Wingers

25:- Antonio Valencia

17:- Nani

18:- Ashley Young

For me this is the weakest part of the squad as none of the wingers are "world class", and Young is certainly not worth the £120K you're paying him. Nani and Valencia might just be worth their wages but only just. I'd look to strengthen this area as and when you can.

Attacking Midfield

26:- Shinji Kagawa

44:- Adnan Januzaj

Another position nicely stacked, with Shinji only being 24 and Adnan still to fully develop you really are set here for years to come. Not much more to say really.

Strikers

20:- Robin Van Persie

10:- Wayne Rooney

19:- Danny Welbeck

14:- Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez

Again you're oozing class and style here with Van Persie, Rooney, Chicharito (always said he reminded me of Solskjaer) and Danny Welbeck. Naturally RVP and Rooney should be top of the pecking order with Chicharito and Danny providing very good back up. Really no need to invest here either.

Areas to Strengthen

Right Back:- Suggested targets - Seamus Coleman, Martin Montoya, Mattia de Sciglio

Left Midfield:- suggested targets - Angel Di Maria, Antoine Griezmann

Right Midfield:- Suggested targets - Oxlade Chamberlain, Pedro

Centre Midfield:- Suggested targets - Paul Pogba, Koke, Ward-Prowse, Sami Khedira

Coaching Staff Analysis

Assistant Manager

Steve Round Attacking lchs.png

Under 21s Manager

Warren Joyce Defending lchs.png

Fitness Coaches

Tony Strudwick s4la.png

Richard Hawkins s4la.png

Goalkeeping Coaches

Chris Woods - Shot Stopping s4la.png

Coaches

Jimmy Lumsden Shooting lchs.png

Ryan Giggs Tactics lchs.png

Paul Scholes Ball Control a1ta.png

Phil Neville Tactics a1ta.png

Nicky Butt Attacking gah8.png

Started Season in Beta.

Staff - Fired Butt, Neville, Fettis and Hawkins. Hired Paul Winsper, Joop Hiele, Gianni Vio, John Murtough, Claudio Gaudino (who is dirt cheap since he joined Lippi in China)

Transfers In -

Nemanja Matic 11 Million. Cost me more than budgeted due to Bayern's interest

David Alaba 24 Million. Went for Baines, got quoted 40. Checked out Alaba on a whim, jackpot

James Ward Prowse 12.5 Million.

Two 16 year olds

Richairo Zivkovic 575k

Youri Tielemans 2.2 Million

Transfers Out

Antonio Valencia to Chelsea 15M.

Anderson to Valencia 10M.

Ashley Young to Newcastle 3.8M. I also pay 53k a week wage difference. Totally worth it.

Nani to Real Madrid 7.5M

Transfer Notes

Cleverley starts in the transfer list but I restored him to first team.

Keep on getting offers for Rafael (PSG), Evra (Juventus), Vidic (Madrid) and Smalling (Arsenal). I was offered Morata in exchange for Vidic, Smalling went up to 16M before withdrawing. Evra was in the 2-3M range. Rafael I didn't even look at the price before throwing the offer out. Also had to give him new contract as per agent demand.

I loaned out Buttner, Zaha, Lingard, Macheda, and pretty much all of the U21 team.

Tactics andLineup.

Play a slow short passing 4-1-2-1-2. Very high line, slow tempo, play out of defence,work ball into box, drill crosses, more expressive, retain possession, very high line, offside trap.

Person after '/' is second choice

GK - Goalkeeper -DDG/Amos

DR - Complete Wing Back - Rafael/ Fabio

DL - Complete Wing Back - Evra/Alaba

DCL - Central Defender Defend - Vidic/Evans

DCR - Central Defender Defend - Smalling/Rio

DM - Half Back - Matic/Jones

MCL - DLP Support - Carrick/Ward Prowse/ Giggs

MCR - B2B - Fellaini/Cleverley

AMC - AP Attack/ Enganche - Kagawa/Adnan

STCL - Adv Fwd - Van Persie/ Chicha

STCR - DLF Att - Rooney/Welbeck

Results and Performances

Won all my games comfortably except two. I'm in October now (played 7 PL games, 1 UCL and 1 League Cup game) and just lost to Chelsea (fake fixtures). Lost to Norwich 1-2 after Van Wolfswinkel beat my defenders in the box for a header. Also lost to Chelsea 1-3 after Mata, Ivanovic and and own goal from DDG, all caused by overloading box and pumping ball in. High line means opposition is playing long balls into box.

Scoring mainly through forwards (all 4 contributed though RVP got injured) and aerial goals and long shots by Fellaini. My wing backs give me ridiculous assists, goals and ratings consistently against weaker teams but make errors time to time. Evra and Alaba I use equally. Fabio has been impressing at RB. Adnan has been giving okayish performances and might drop him for second choice AM and try using James Ward Prowse instead. I used Giggs in my Capital One Cup game as an LB and he turned in a 8.9 performance.

Also, I'm averaging 20 shots vs medium opposition and 10 vs equal. Creating lots of clear cut chances. One thing I've noticed is that all my strikers regularly give headers and shots at point blank range right to the goalkeeper. Doing well on set pieces and counter attacks. Luckily Fellaini and Carrick aren't going to town with Long Shots, always had that problem in FM13 with MCs shooting all the time. Fullbacks tend to drift and come inside the box a lot so I gave them instructions to retain width. But Evra has given me goals across multiple saves. No cricket scores although I beat Leverkusen in UCL 5-0 with a front line of Adnan, Chicha and Welbz.

Problems in Beta

I play DoF to do my transfer work. But I hired Pantelo Corvino in one save and he rejected perfectly legitimate offers for all my players. Not sure if it's a bug.

I mentioned Cleverley as a starting transfer listed player. Not cool. Also, he has way too poor stats.

CWBs are way too overpowered.

Too many chances, no corresponding goals, even DDG has made some ridiculous saves. Pretty much 99% of my headers floated to far post and headed in at point blank have been saved, so I switched to drill crosses and have seen success.

What sort of youth team is that? Completely underpowered youth setup for United while ridiculously overpowered for Chelsea with multiple 4* players.

Using the beta to purely evaluate players at this stage. I've calculated that I may make approx. £90m from sales from about 13 players I don't want in the squad.

Our youth team, as stated above, is pretty poor so that's one area to improve for all of us. Will be interesting to see who you all bring in :)

I got rid of Rafael for 24 million and picked up Montoya for 5.25m cheaper wage and has same potential, no brainer for me. Bought alaba and shaw as well for 24m and 12m respectively. Personally I have always found full backs a vital role for the tactics I have used in the last so with this set up I think I'm sorted for the next 10 years.

Only playing 1 up top so decided to sell Hernandez to arsenal for 25m, still not sure I made the right decision but Hernandez wasn't going to get a game. I've been desperately trying to off load young, cleverly, Anderson and Valencia as they just don't cut the mustard but nobody would buy them, so that's frustrating. My main signing I guess is Sanchez bought for 15.75m but the contract is insane can't remember off the top of my head but I've been bent over a barrel.

With regards to youth I've bought in Barkley, Hughes who I've sent back to derby, thielemans who looks like a cracking player. Going to try and pick up ward-prowse as I like to try and keep an English backbone in the team.

I also turned down a bid for smalling for 23m. Like I said before I want to keep a British backbone and it seems like to much hassle to try and bring someone else in.

I want a top class midfielder like fabregas has anyone had any luck signing a truly world class midfielder?

Really? I'm surprised at that?

It wasn't my intention but they put the bid in and I couldn't turn it down, picking up a RB that my scouts say at least has the same potential as Rafael does and I get to bank 19m to spend in other areas. And with the fact you only get 30 odd million at the start when man utd have been touted with having 80 million to spend all summer, and also not being able to shift Anderson, cleverley and young meant I needed to sell someone I would of ideally kept. I chose to keep smalling just because he's British and he can cover two areas, but I forgot he's as fragile as a new born kitten.

Heard good things about Montoya IRL though was part of the Spain u21 side and is starting to push alves for that spot.

@Craglyboy , how do u play , what tactic etc ? i'm still searching for the right one with Man utd

Currently trying 4-2-3-1 it doesn't feel right, I'm trying to get rooney and RVP in similar roles I see them play IRL, but I don't feel like I'm playing wide men properly, and not quite got the philosophy right yet.

It wasn't my intention but they put the bid in and I couldn't turn it down, picking up a RB that my scouts say at least has the same potential as Rafael does and I get to bank 19m to spend in other areas.

Sounds like Montoya may have been given a bit of a boost then. :thup:

how are you getting Alaba for 24m, they want silly money

anyway

in:

Luke shaw - 15m

Kyrakos Papadopolous - 13.25m

Richairo Zivkovic 500k

out:

Jack rudge - 66k

Alex Buttner - 2.1m

Anderson 5.75M

am i missing something here, Rafael is banned for 1 match for a sending off?

Januazaj got sent off in the community shield, and he isnt.

I got Alaba for £24m too, bargain considering Evra's age and wage... sold him off for £4m so Alaba basically cost me £20m.

Ins:

Alaba - £24m

Inigo Martinez - £13m

Tom Ince - £3m (surprisingly good for me too, needed a cheap winger late in the window as Nani/Valencia/Kagawa and Giggs all injured)

Keisuke Honda - £1.6m (could've got him for free in December but wanted him now)

Out:

Alex Buttner - £7.5m

Patrice Evra - £4m

Ashley Young - £12.5m

how are you getting Alaba for 24m, they want silly money

anyway

in:

Luke shaw - 15m

Kyrakos Papadopolous - 13.25m

Richairo Zivkovic 500k

out:

Jack rudge - 66k

Alex Buttner - 2.1m

Anderson 5.75M

Rafael in real life had to miss a game that was carried on from the previous season so its also brought to the game.

Just a heads up at the start of the game you can get 25 mill each for Hernandez and valencia.

I like Hernandez but i dont think hes gonna get alot better then he is and i think its better to bring a younger st with more potential for the 4th st spot. I brought in werner for 7 mill who at just 17 allready has 15 for finishing and scouts and coaches rate him as a future world class st with a bit of training from rvp i hope he can live up to the hype :)

The only downside its arsenal who buy him and will make them stronger imo.

Another thing i did is sign up gray neville and beckham up as a coach its nice to have the class of 99 all as coaches :)

Had the beta now for a few days and far from convinced on what system to play.

I started off with a 4-2-3-1 but i hate not having a formation that uses 2 strikers so i can play both RVP and Rooney. The 4-2-3-1 also means having to play Rooney in the AMC role and then shifting Kagawa to AML.

As the weakest area of our squad is our wide players i am considering going for a 4-1-2-1-2 formation as this will allow me to use the decent CM we have. You can also pick up Fernando for £4.3m at the start of the game who on previous versions was a cracking DM.

This would hopefully free me up to sell off Valencia, Nani & Young. I would probably also get rid of Anderson also and bring in someone like Koke and Tieleman as both are pretty cheap with excellent potential.

On my 1st save which i have just used to play around with buying and selling to see what deals i can make i also got Alaba for £24m and sold Evra for £4m which i think is pretty decent as Alaba will be 1st choice for 8-10 seasons. I too though am struggling to get rid of young. I think i might consider getting rid of him for 10pence as that is all he is worth anyway, especially with £120k wages.

Well, Rafael got sent off at the back end of last season against Chelsea and got a three match ban. The ban wasn't aplicable in the Community Shield and carries straight over into the start of the domestic league campaign.

However, red cards in the Community Shield aren't carried over, although they use to be.

I want to play 4-4-2 as I feel it utilises the rvp-rooney partnership best. However, I find problems in

1) finding the right players as I do not trust any of the current 3 wingers(Valencia, nani, young) and kagawa/januzaj cant seem to play well in a ML position. Wanna give zaha a chance but at best he is only a backup/starter against weaker sides for now. Thinking of shifting welbeck to become something of a reus-like player.

2) having the required balance in the middle 2 with carrick and his partner. Need to find a player with good creativity going forward but also being able to provide good defensive cover and closing down. Looking at gundogan but alternatives are perhaps koke and Herrera.

I want to play a very fast paced and direct game with sharp vertical passes(similar to that of Dortmund) but with a 4-4-2 formation.

Sold Rafael myself for £30M (PSG unsettled him, and he put in a transfer request), would have loved to have kept the little fella, but brought in Montoya for £5.5M. Hopefully bringing in Gundogan for around £35M.

I am trying a 3 at the back system and using wingbacks for width its going to be a lot of trail and error through out the season though

Hows the 3 at the back working so far? Been toying with that idea myself.

Anybody having success playing kagawa, rooney and rvp at the same time?

I use them like this, in a 4-3-1-2 formation:

------------Rooney---RvP

---Kagawa

Rooney as false nine, RvP as advanced forward and Kagawa as inside forward.

My team close of transfer window September 2013:

GK - De Gea, Lindegaard

DR - Rafael, Montoya

DCR - Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand

DCL - Vidic, Evans

DL - Evra, Fabio

MR - Valencia, Nani, Zaha

MCR - Carrick, Verratti, Fletcher

MCL - Fellaini, Giggs

ML - Asamoah, Kagawa

AMC - Rooney, Januzaj

STC - van Persie, Hernandez, Welbeck

Ins:

Asamoah - Juventus - £22.5m

Verratti - PSG - £12.5m

Montoya - Barcelona - £5.75m

Outs:

Cleverley - Arsenal - £20m (Arsenal enquired, and I said £20m which they accepted. Might've been able to get more)

Buttner - PSV - £4.2m

Anderson - Inter - £8m

Amos - Blackburn - £1.1m

Not bad so far I think, got about £20m left to play with in January, so might invest in a new left back. Young is on the transfer list but will be back up to Kagawa and Asamoah (might shift Kagawa to be back up for Rooney if I choose to loan Janujaz out). Any suggestions?

I think the start transfer budget should be upped to around £50m/£60m for saying you will win the league and £40m/£47m for a title challenge. If you go off the reports of the funds that Moyes had at his disposal during the summer.

decided to go with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and have made the following transfers in my game:

IN: Alaba £24m, Montoya £5.5m, Fernando £4.3m, Tieleman £2.1m, Werner £7.5m = £43.4m

OUT: Young £10m, Valencia £20m, Evra £5m, Buttner £4.2m, Macheda £1m = £40.2m. Still looking to sell Nani but he is still injured so need to wait until fit.

Squad is looking ok:

GK: De Gea / Amos - Lindegard i might sell

DR: Rafael / Montoya

DL: Alaba / Fabio

DC: Vidic & Jones / Ferdinand / Evans / Smalling

DMC: Fernando / Fletcher

MC: Carrick / Fellaini / Anderson / Cleverley / Giggs

AMC: Kagawa / Januzaj

ST: Rooney & RVP / Welbeck / Chicharito

Tieleman and Werner both in U21 squad for the season.

As i have sold a fair bit i still have a little money to spend so may look for some quality youngsters and see who i can pick up.

I bought Luke Shaw, Thielemans and Barkley (for 30milj (euro) ) .. to much i know.. but i'm only testing a few tactics, find all the new features out etc.. and after they release the full game i will start a real save with Man utd. Currently playing 4-2-3-1 with mc mc , amc amc amc and SC.

I'm glad they updated Januzaj

Gareth:- For youngsters at the minute I'm looking at Gaston Gil Romero (CM) and Jonathan Silva (LB) both of Estudiantes.

I've managed to offload Valencia, Anderson, Evra, and Buttner myself. But really struggling to get rid of Young and Cleverley.

Thanks batty1. i might take a look at those 2 also. i am also looking at ryan ledson at everton who my scouts give 4 star potential.

Olivierlandman: how much did you get Barkley for? i had a £14m bid for shaw accepted but went for Alaba instead.

i have Barkley for 31m (euro's) with a lot of clauses like 'after 50 games' they will get 5 milj(included in that 31m).

Feels like there is generally a lack of world class wide players that are available, so tempted to try a 4-1-2-1-2 formation or maybe 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMs, with attacking full backs. Which would mean offloading Nani, Young and Valencia, seems like it might be the way to go, but the lack of width it isn't quite the Man United way.

Archived