Encourage agent owenership

Can someone explain exactly what the benefit of this is for a buying club?

I've been a little naive in my first game as Inter, I saw Fernando (of FC Porto) transfer listed for £3.1m and made a bit. At the same time I "Encourage Agent Ownership" to his agent who boosted his share from 20% to 80% ownership of the player.

As a result, I ended up paying £3.1m for Porto's 20% of Fernando, whilst he is still 80% owned by his agent (who wants an extra £3.2m for him), whereas without offering more of the player to the agent I would have paid the same amount and got 80% of the player for myself.

Can someone explain this feature a bit more to me?

Thanks

I would assume it helps if you have low funds, You can buy a smaller percent of the player and still have him play for you as the agent would own the rest. And then buy him outright or sell your share in the future, Where as if the club owns 80% of him you may not be able to buy all of that amount.

Edit - Obviously only works in a country where you can use the rule and still play the player.

Very popular in South America mainly, was the crux of the infamous Tevez/Mascherano to West Ham case whilst they were owned by MSI if I recall. It is done mainly as a tool to ensure an agent or agency receives a big payout should their client make a big move to a European club i.e. Lucas Moura to PSG. As Cris rightly said above it does benefit the club who has him at their disposal prior to the move. I think the most recent example of it is Kondogbia who I understand was not owned at all by Sevilla and the club received only minimal payment when he transferred to Monaco. Dual-Party ownership is banned in England so this feature cannot be used effectively when managing there.

Its popular in countries that don't have huge budgets to buy multi million $$$ players. Instead they go 50/50 or in some cases 80/20 or whatever. So yeah, if a player costs $10mil the club pays $2mil and his agent pays $8mil. Once the player is sold, the club receives 20% of the price and agents receives 80%. So if you sell him for $20mil, club gets $4mil and agents gets $16mil.

By encouraging agents to buy a % of a player registration rights, if he succeeds doing so (imagine he bought 70%) you can get a player for a much lower fee from his team. Then, you can get the player playing for you owning just 30% or buy the remaining % from his agent.

I don't see why this option is available to you if the rules don't allow it in your domestic league.

Agreed. Otherwise that 5 star-potential striker I've just signed for a few million is now useless, as the rules stipulate that I must own him 100% before I can play him. But I cannot see how I do this.

This should be sorted out when you buy anyone part-owned, not after.

So basically you encourage agents to buy more % of players so you pay less to the club to have him play for you. Correct?

Now i'm even more confused :) no no.. i thinks that is it.. don't know why i can use it managing Manchester United.. it is not allowed in the UK (and i could offer the agent of a Brazilian player money for x %)

• Administrators
Agreed. Otherwise that 5 star-potential striker I've just signed for a few million is now useless, as the rules stipulate that I must own him 100% before I can play him. But I cannot see how I do this.

This should be sorted out when you buy anyone part-owned, not after.

Go to Transfer -> Make an Offer.

The offer negotiations will then open with your agent. It was all stated as such the rules in regards to this during the transfer negotiations via the news items when you were signing him.

The offer negotiations will then open with your agent. It was all stated as such the rules in regards to this during the transfer negotiations via the news items when you were signing him.

I certainly think it would help if the developers created a new FAQ's link for exactly how some of the more confusing new and existing features work. I appreciate tactics is a whole more in depth subject but this feature and many many others would become much "better" additions to the game if they were explained properly. Trial and error in a game where careers are taken very seriously is not really the answer.

When my scouts report back on a potential 5 star 16 year old I scramble over my desk, run to the airport, fly out to Rio and sign him...then ask questions later.

It's what West Ham taught me to do :)

To be honest I did read the rules regarding agent ownership, but it wasn't too obvious as to what I needed to do. I'll try it out again tonight.

Cheers.

Archived