No good newgens FM12

I've been at R.Madrid for 6 years now in my FM12 save, that's 6 batches of newgens. In that time, I haven't seen a single good player come through the youth system. I have 4 players in my first team that came through the youth system and are excellent players, there's about 3 years in age between each of them. The youngest was 18 when I joined and already in the first team, but since then I haven't had any good players. Each year I usually get 1 or 2 2.5 star potential players and i think one year I got a 3 star. I have always had top youth recruitment network and youth facilities.

I know it's possible for a club to go through this kind of drought of youth talent but is this normal for a team like Madrid? Is it my database size? I have struggled with too many players in my save game, I think i have around 140,000 players - could that be affecting the number of new gens?

same for me at Odd on FM 13, although not directly comparable because Odd is a Norwegian club, but i tend to look to scout out talents and sign them for the youth team rather than rely on getting good regens.

I've been at R.Madrid for 6 years now in my FM12 save, that's 6 batches of newgens. In that time, I haven't seen a single good player come through the youth system. I have 4 players in my first team that came through the youth system and are excellent players, there's about 3 years in age between each of them. The youngest was 18 when I joined and already in the first team, but since then I haven't had any good players. Each year I usually get 1 or 2 2.5 star potential players and i think one year I got a 3 star. I have always had top youth recruitment network and youth facilities.

I know it's possible for a club to go through this kind of drought of youth talent but is this normal for a team like Madrid? Is it my database size? I have struggled with too many players in my save game, I think i have around 140,000 players - could that be affecting the number of new gens?

Real Madrid is one of the best teams in the world and as a result the average CA of the squad is very high.

The stars are compared to the average CA of your squad so any youth player at Real with 2.5* or 3* PA is potentially a world class player. So hardly a case where you've had no good newgens.

Real Madrid is one of the best teams in the world and as a result the average CA of the squad is very high.

The stars are compared to the average CA of your squad so any youth player at Real with 2.5* or 3* PA is potentially a world class player. So hardly a case where you've had no good newgens.

Interesting, so their PA could increase as their CA improves in comparison to the senior squad?

Interesting, so their PA could increase as their CA improves in comparison to the senior squad?

No, PA is based on your current squad.

A 3* player is equal to an average member of your squad which for Real is more or less world class. You'll never see a 5* player at Real even Ronaldo will only be 3.5*/4* at best.

I quit as England manager in FM12 as the quality of players in 2027 is so poor I couldn't get a decent side out, a few 3.5* but mostly 2.5* and 3*. I've just started as Spain manager and have a first team of almost all 4* players. Ironically they are 10 places below England in the rankings!

No, PA is based on your current squad.

A 3* player is equal to an average member of your squad which for Real is more or less world class. You'll never see a 5* player at Real even Ronaldo will only be 3.5*/4* at best.

Ok so a 2.5* potential is a below average player, but still pretty good? I usually aim for 3.5* potential on the transfer market and most of my team are 3.5 ability. Have a few that fluctuate between 3 and 3.5 and some that fluctuate between 3.5 and 4 according to my assistant's reports.

Ok so a 2.5* potential is a below average player, but still pretty good? I usually aim for 3.5* potential on the transfer market and most of my team are 3.5 ability. Have a few that fluctuate between 3 and 3.5 and some that fluctuate between 3.5 and 4 according to my assistant's reports.

Yes as a guide a 3.5*/4* player will be your key first team players while a 3* player will be a regular starter. 2/2.5* players will tend to be your squad/backup players although a lot depends on their attribute spread.

A 2.5* player with a good balance of attributes for his position can be an important first team player in your eyes if he performs well on the pitch and this is an example where it looks like the coaches have undervalued him.

On the flipside a 4* player with a poor attribute spread and/or poor hidden attributes (Consistency for example) can often underperform on the pitch compared to his star rating.

Just to be a bit clearer on stars they are based on the CA of the player and so indirectly give an overview of the overall ability of the player but its the actual attributes themselves that are used in a match. A defender could have high overall ability (and a high number of stars) but if he has low marking attribute he will generally underperform in a match. Stars are a good overall guide and place to start but you shouldn't be making your final decisions based on them.

Archived